AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-19, 09:45   Link #3241
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

I didn't catch it as a pun till later. Shame on me. It's a pretty good one too.
Old 2007-08-19, 09:59   Link #3242
Prongs
Grand Duke of Lolitania

I wonder how strong that clare became. if she totally awaken? By the way the goddes(woman with wings) that we saw on vol 2, is any possibilities that she was the Orgs founder? her sword reminds me to claymore. Rabona the Orgs founder
Old 2007-08-19, 11:15   Link #3243
Seska

Woman with Wings? That are Clare and Teresa the Twin Godess of Love... Explained from Teresa when she gave Clare her name...
Old 2007-08-19, 13:59   Link #3244
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

I think Clare has Teresa's potential in her. We saw the 30 something claymore that was with Jean that awakened and ended up being very very weak. Clare's partially awakened form, on the other hand, killed the oldest awakened male #2. Her first limb to cut him (not sword) was her LEFT arm, not Ilena's arm. Her own awakened legs made her faster than Riguard who himself could outrun Miria. The potential of an awakened 47 is not good but Clare pwnd Riguard like a n00b, and she awakened only parts of her body.

I get the feeling that if she were to fully awaken she would be even more powerful , possibly even enough to take on abyssals or ... Priscilla. Will we ever learn WHY Priscilla is so strong? She's like double abyssal class.
Old 2007-08-19, 14:31   Link #3245
Reppa

Send a message via MSN to Reppa
Quote:
Originally Posted by chibamonster View Post
I think Clare has Teresa's potential in her. We saw the 30 something claymore that was with Jean that awakened and ended up being very very weak. Clare's partially awakened form, on the other hand, killed the oldest awakened male #2. Her first limb to cut him (not sword) was her LEFT arm, not Ilena's arm. Her own awakened legs made her faster than Riguard who himself could outrun Miria. The potential of an awakened 47 is not good but Clare pwnd Riguard like a n00b, and she awakened only parts of her body.

I get the feeling that if she were to fully awaken she would be even more powerful , possibly even enough to take on abyssals or ... Priscilla. Will we ever learn WHY Priscilla is so strong? She's like double abyssal class.
Clare Damn near killed herself just from awakening only her legs. The only reason Ricardo(i know a Spanish name when I here it.) got done in was because he was so hell bent on trying to Kill the leaders. He kept blatantly ignoring Clare even when he got his arm cut off he paid her no real attention. In the the only reason Ricardo lost was because he got caught slipping on his pimping. All he had to do to a take Clare down was stand still and let her run into him. The awaken Arms only helped to let Clare her ultimate attack Cheap shot special. AKA Hit them when they are not paying attention.
Old 2007-08-19, 14:38   Link #3246
Negativedark
Proud Yuma Lover.

Oh, he was paying attention the moment she started being able to control her speed, IE, when she started to awaken her left arm. He even outright states that he knew that if she awoke all four limbs he would be dead.
Old 2007-08-19, 14:43   Link #3247
Salamandra

Quote:

We've already sort of been told why. Priscilla had potential greater than that of Teresa... and Teresa is thought to be the most powerful Claymore ever. When she awakened, she both "unleashed" her potential, and gained the corresponding power boost that comes with awakening. So, she became more powerful than even an awakened Teresa would have been... and that's thought to be more powerful than Isley or Riful, since, while they're all former #1's, Teresa's assumed to be a more powerful #1 than Isley or Riful.
Old 2007-08-19, 15:04   Link #3248
Reppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negativedark View Post
Oh, he was paying attention the moment she started being able to control her speed, IE, when she started to awaken her left arm. He even outright states that he knew that if she awoke all four limbs he would be dead.
After he stood still and decided to take it like a man. It's not like he was still ducking and dodging for dear life ore anything. He had accomplished his goal he didn't need to do anything else. Probably why he stopped not because Clare got him but because he completed his mission and didn't want to continue to work for Isley.
Old 2007-08-19, 15:34   Link #3249
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

She caught up with him in midair. Not much he could have done.
Old 2007-08-19, 15:36   Link #3250
Salamandra

I think he stood there, took it like a man, and admired Clare in her mostly-awakened awesomeness... not because he had completed his mission and so it didn't matter, but because he knew he was going to die regardless of what he did.
Old 2007-08-19, 15:37   Link #3251
Dekigokoro
Abyssal one of the NWest.

Reppa, claire tore racardo(as you like to call him)into pieces, he of all people could have stopped her if he "had the chance" which if he did, probably wouldn't be dead right now. Sure he probably didn't feel entirely to threatened, but the point is that claire whooped his ass and made very short work of him.
Old 2007-08-19, 15:57   Link #3252
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamandra View Post
We've already sort of been told why. Priscilla had potential greater than that of Teresa... and Teresa is thought to be the most powerful Claymore ever. When she awakened, she both "unleashed" her potential, and gained the corresponding power boost that comes with awakening. So, she became more powerful than even an awakened Teresa would have been... and that's thought to be more powerful than Isley or Riful, since, while they're all former #1's, Teresa's assumed to be a more powerful #1 than Isley or Riful.
Sorry, I should have been more specific. I meant to say, why does Priscilla have that potential? Was she a new experiment? Did she just fit with the youma parts perfectly or was it her motivation that made her so powerful? I guess that ties into the question, why are some claymores more powerful than others? To get the answers I think I'll just have to wait to see how claymores are made. Good answer though Salamandra!

And as for Riguard. He ignored clare because her youki reading is so low. Normally Clare wouldn't have been an issue for him no matter how many times she tried to fight him. The fab 4 couldn't have killed him and they rival most single digits even before the time skip. If the situation had been any different, none of the claymores there could have defeated Riguard. Clare sure got his attention once she lopped of his arm though. I wonder if Clare's youki reading went way up when she awakened her legs? Sort of like when Teresa changed her eye color and rosemary said, "there's no way you have this much youki!!!". Maybe not because they haven't mentioned it.
Old 2007-08-19, 15:58   Link #3253
Reppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekigokoro View Post
Reppa, claire tore racardo(as you like to call him)into pieces, he of all people could have stopped her if he "had the chance" which if he did, probably wouldn't be dead right now. Sure he probably didn't feel entirely to threatened, but the point is that claire whooped his ass and made very short work of him.
Making short work of him would mean, Flora, Jean, Undine , and Veronica would have not been killed. If Clare was just that hard edge and Ricardo was just SO out matched. No one would have even gotten injured but they did so even in her awakened abilities she kept up just enough to pull out a win. More like she won because Ricardo stopped caring and gave her the game.
Old 2007-08-19, 16:02   Link #3254
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Er, no. Once she had three Awakened limbs, it was all he could do to survive (with his own three limbs.) With four limbs, he didn't have a chance. It's not like he was suicidal or anything like that.
Old 2007-08-19, 16:09   Link #3255
Salamandra

Quote:
Sorry, I should have been more specific. I meant to say, why does Priscilla have that potential? Was she a new experiment? Did she just fit with the youma parts perfectly or was it her motivation that made her so powerful? I guess that ties into the question, why are some claymores more powerful than others? To get the answers I think I'll just have to wait to see how claymores are made. Good answer though Salamandra!
Well, Priscilla had only been a Claymore for a very short amount of time. She had become more powerful than even Ilena in only 6 months (I think)... so she was still getting stronger quite quickly. Why she had such a high plateau is anyone's guess though. I don't think anyone really knows what makes some Claymores more powerful than others. I guess it depends on just the ability of the base human, perhaps the ability of yoma which they take the flesh of, and perhaps how closely aligned the yoki is naturally between the human and the yoma... or perhaps it's utterly random.
Old 2007-08-19, 16:32   Link #3256
Reppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Er, no. Once she had three Awakened limbs, it was all he could do to survive (with his own three limbs.) With four limbs, he didn't have a chance. It's not like he was suicidal or anything like that.
Exactly after killing the main leaders and losing an arm. (Giving Clare a girl handicap ) With one arm, not trying, and not even bothering to attack her at any time even when he had all his limbs. Clare beat him after maxing out and Ricardo let her win.
Old 2007-08-19, 16:37   Link #3257
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

He was trying. He failed. He didn't "let" her win.
Old 2007-08-19, 16:43   Link #3258
taelrak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reppa View Post
Exactly after killing the main leaders and losing an arm. (Giving Clare a girl handicap ) With one arm, not trying, and not even bothering to attack her at any time even when he had all his limbs. Clare beat him after maxing out and Ricardo let her win.
If you step on 3 ants and then try to take on an elephant and get flattened, do you whine to the elephant about giving it too much of a handicap because you had to take care of the 3 ants?

Once Clare awakened her legs, even Ricardo said she moved beyond the range of which he could even observe - i.e. faster than his eyes could track her.

He wasn't in imminent danger yet because her scope of movement was so inefficient and uncontrollable, but he certainly wasn't suicidal. However, he certainly tried. For example, his first thought after the second pass was that he needed his other arm to fight her fully - but in fact he wasn't even able to spare enough attention to retrieve it from Helen because he was fully occupied with Clare.

There was no indication that Ricardo wanted to let her kill him. Once she managed to control her speed, he was fully on the defensive and simply had no chance to fight back. He gave his praise out of respect of her power once she awakened her limbs - something he wouldn't have done if he "let her win". Looking at the personality and character of Ricardo, it is illogical to assume he would deliberately let someone he considered inferior to kill him just because he "wasn't trying".
Old 2007-08-19, 16:50   Link #3259
Reppa

He only tries at the beginning. Maria kept running and every who got in the way to protect her. Did do any fatal attacks to the lower ranks, nope. He just injured them then went on back to his regularly scheduled program of going after Miria who was doing a good job of running away. He got caught too careless lost his arm. Still at no point did he even look like he wanted to or was going try and attack Clare. After all the fighting he did NOT do against Clare she won. Ricardo was just such a nice guy and trying so hard not to hurt the weaker members that Clare just happen to win.
Old 2007-08-19, 16:53   Link #3260
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

well he says himself "you realized the single way to defeat me....an awakening of all four limbs"
guessing once Calre reached this point her power was beyond his, maybe not by a huge margin but enough that he realized she was too powerful for him.
I also think even if he still had all 4 limbs, Clare with all 4 limbs awakened would still more powerful.