AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Favourite Code Geass Pairings, Take 2 (multiple choice allowed)
Lelouch stays single 126 11.22%
Lelouch x C.C. 744 66.25%
Lelouch x Kallen 406 36.15%
Lelouch x Shirley 176 15.67%
Lelouch x Millay 65 5.79%
Suzaku x Kallen 150 13.36%
Suzaku x Nunally 102 9.08%
Suzaku x Shirley 46 4.10%
Lloyd x Millay 63 5.61%
Viletta x Ougi 213 18.97%
Rival x Millay 107 9.53%
Lloyd x Cecile 113 10.06%
Schneizel x Cecile 43 3.83%
Cornelia x Guildford 130 11.58%
Other pairings not listed (give who and reason) 78 6.95%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1123. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-30, 15:04   Link #3241
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Of course no one has anything. That is the entire point right now.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-04-30, 15:05   Link #3242
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Those aren't definitive of anything, they are good signs but nothing more. Just because they are always together in the openings doesn't have to mean anything more than that they are always working together. Just because people are together and/or lead characters does not make them automatically a pairing, lest we start saying that all the gundam meisters in G00 were a big yaoi harem.

They can very easily decide to kill her off, there is a very blatant foreshadowing of something happening that's already been discussed. It would not be sudden or out of the blue, hence the foreshadowing. If Lelouch and Kallen does happen it will happen along the lines that are being developed now, small interactions between Kallen, Lelouch, and C2, and her own personal struggle with Zero=Lelouch and whatever other dirt eventually comes up.

If its a pairing for the sake of a pairing then sure, but if the plot is to be taken seriously there's no real chance of it happening. His loyalty is unquestionable, and she has utterly no connection to him. I swear if they showed Kallen partly nude in-front of a teapot, people would be all over KallenxTeapot.

Romance pairings with merit that don't compromise the plot or just 'appear' for the sake of appearing, are what should be discussed. For instance, if you've never noticed, my yuri-end is nothing but a joke-string, with my priorities lying within my favorite pairing.

And the winner is Pink-chan! At current developments, no one really has anything.

SuzakuxKallen I feel like killing a kitten. Just because a pairing isn't favorable, there's no need to call for a possibly plot-wrecking pairing. Fire and brimstone if my pairing doesn't happen... is annoying.
Well, you'll note I didn't give LiXKallen much elaboration precisely because there's little data too it. Still, I thought it'd be a nice idea and if you can fill the boards up with KallenXC.C I don't see why I can't put LiXKallen out there. People will take it for what its worth, ones kind of ridiculous and the other doesn't have much indication, simple as that.
Old 2008-04-30, 15:10   Link #3243
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Meh, they could still go anywhere with anything if they chose to. I guess Taniguchi is usually rather apparent where things in terms of romance are going to go, but he hasn't made it apparent exactly along with the fact that with this show they took the time to establish connections with different girls which means the whole thing is still in the air I get.

Knowing my luck, there will be some huge indication with episode 5 while I'm gone for four days.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-04-30, 15:18   Link #3244
Eryna

According to Google Fight the most "popular" couple on the net is :

1/ Lloyd x Cecile with 1.330.000 results >> But I don't think that this result only corresponds to CG's result, there is too much difference with other couples's results.
2/ Lelouch x C.C. with 98.000
3/ Lelouch x Suzaku with 84.200

4/ Lelouch x Shirley with 35.800
5/ Lelouch x Kallen with 30.400
6/ Lloyd x Millay with 27.100
7/ Suzaku x Nunally with 22.800
8/ Suzaku x Euphemia with 12.700
9/ Cornelia x Guildford with 12.300
10/ Lelouch x Rollo with 11.400
11/ Suzaku x Kallen with 10.300
12/ Suzaku x Shirley with 8260
13/ Rival x Millay with 4180
14/ Lelouch x Millay with 1500
15/ Viletta x Ougi with 1300
Old 2008-04-30, 15:19   Link #3245
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Well, you'll note I didn't give LiXKallen much elaboration precisely because there's little data too it. Still, I thought it'd be a nice idea and if you can fill the boards up with KallenXC.C I don't see why I can't put LiXKallen out there. People will take it for what its worth, ones kind of ridiculous and the other doesn't have much indication, simple as that.
Filled up the boards? I mention it jokingly on occasion, not actually think it could ever have merit. So you're comparing apples and oranges, in comparing my joke pairing with a pairing you think might work. And, as with any pairing, people will disagree. I disagree with you because its completely baseless to every single extent of every single letter of the word baseless. As I said, I feel that some people would be all over KallenxTeapot if they had replaced Li with a teapot in the situation. Simply put, I dispise pairings put forth on the basis of being there for the sake of just being a pairing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eryna View Post
According to Google Fight the most "popular" couple on the net is :

1/ Lloyd x Cecile with 1.330.000 results >> But I don't think that this result only corresponds to CG's result, there is too much difference with other couples's results.
2/ Lelouch x C.C. with 98.000
3/ Lelouch x Suzaku with 84.200

4/ Lelouch x Shirley with 35.800
5/ Lelouch x Kallen with 30.400
6/ Lloyd x Millay with 27.100
7/ Suzaku x Nunally with 22.800
8/ Suzaku x Euphemia with 12.700
9/ Cornelia x Guildford with 12.300
10/ Lelouch x Rollo with 11.400
11/ Suzaku x Kallen with 10.300
12/ Suzaku x Shirley with 8260
13/ Rival x Millay with 4180
14/ Lelouch x Millay with 1500
15/ Viletta x Ougi with 1300
Substitute 'x' with 'and', or remove the spaces or spell the names differently. Doing just that changes those results significantly.
Old 2008-04-30, 15:23   Link #3246
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Let me guess: LelouchXKallen or LelouchXShirley were in the lead when you changed it?

Old 2008-04-30, 15:32   Link #3247
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Let me guess: LelouchXKallen or LelouchXShirley were in the lead when you changed it?
No, but when I went through a few itterations the numbers for several of those, Kallen and C2 specifically, went up by several tens of thousands.
Old 2008-04-30, 15:35   Link #3248
hero147

I was all KallenxLelouch, but after kallen ditched lelouch at 25, I seem to sway towards LelouxC.C.
Old 2008-04-30, 15:44   Link #3249
Eryna

Quote:
Substitute 'x' with 'and', or remove the spaces or spell the names differently. Doing just that changes those results significantly.
Ok I made some modifications and we have :

1/ Lelouch and C.C. = 164.000 results
2/ Lelouch and Suzaku = 138.000
3/ Lelouch and Shirley = 114.000
4/ Lelouch and Kallen = 64.400
5/ Suzaku and Kallen = 23.900
6/ Suzaku and Euphemia = 21.200
.../ Llyod and Cecile = 4130

---

1/ LelouchxSuzaku = 877 results
2/ LelouchxC.C. = 556
3/ LelouchxShirley = 339
4/ LelouchxKallen = 267
5/ SuzakuxEuphemia = 117
6/ SuzakuxKallen= 113
.../ LlyodxCecile = 0 lol
Old 2008-04-30, 15:45   Link #3250
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
No, but when I went through a few itterations the numbers for several of those, Kallen and C2 specifically, went up by several tens of thousands.
I suppose that makes sense. Any jumps for Shirley?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero147 View Post
I was all KallenxLelouch, but after kallen ditched lelouch at 25, I seem to sway towards LelouxC.C.
Well, I didn't like her in that moment either but she pretty much had her whole fantasy concerning Zero crushed right then. Since she seems to have gotten over him being Zero now, it's pretty much inevitable that she'll develop feelings of some kind for him.

Old 2008-04-30, 15:56   Link #3251
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

Quote:
Those aren't definitive of anything, they are good signs but nothing more. Just because they are always together in the openings doesn't have to mean anything more than that they are always working together. Just because people are together and/or lead characters does not make them automatically a pairing, lest we start saying that all the gundam meisters in G00 were a big yaoi harem.

They can very easily decide to kill her off, there is a very blatant foreshadowing of something happening that's already been discussed. It would not be sudden or out of the blue, hence the foreshadowing. If Lelouch and Kallen does happen it will happen along the lines that are being developed now, small interactions between Kallen, Lelouch, and C2, and her own personal struggle with Zero=Lelouch and whatever other dirt eventually comes up.

If its a pairing for the sake of a pairing then sure, but if the plot is to be taken seriously there's no real chance of it happening. His loyalty is unquestionable, and she has utterly no connection to him. I swear if they showed Kallen partly nude in-front of a teapot, people would be all over KallenxTeapot.

Romance pairings with merit that don't compromise the plot or just 'appear' for the sake of appearing, are what should be discussed. For instance, if you've never noticed, my yuri-end is nothing but a joke-string, with my priorities lying within my favorite pairing.

And the winner is Pink-chan! At current developments, no one really has anything.

SuzakuxKallen I feel like killing a kitten. Just because a pairing isn't favorable for you, there's no need to call for a possibly plot-wrecking pairing. Fire and brimstone if my pairing doesn't happen... is annoying.
Kallen X Teapot for the win!

Yeah, sometimes people choose pairings just because they are fun to think about.

I still remember in the first season, people would : about how Kallen would end up with Suzaku, even after the first season ended.

Lelouch has a ton of pride and as such until he initiates a relationship which will require some separation from Nunnally, you won't see one happen, and I'm not talking about choosing a birthday present to evade surveillance. So as many have said it's up in the air, and it will need to start soon otherwise it won't get the amount of time Geass gives to all it's character development.
Old 2008-04-30, 16:37   Link #3252
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
well, im getting sick of this circular debate over kallen and C.C.

nothing moves until the next episode, so it's pointless to keep barking like this.

personally, if i had a choice?

I'll have some grand world splitting event and just combine Kallen and C.C. together and have them couple with lulu while he ascends the throne.

PROBLEM SOLVED.

two for one. satisfied the semi-harem

yet it's just one body, thus satisfy the monogamy freaks.

its win-win.
Old 2008-04-30, 16:43   Link #3253
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Filled up the boards? I mention it jokingly on occasion, not actually think it could ever have merit. So you're comparing apples and oranges, in comparing my joke pairing with a pairing you think might work. And, as with any pairing, people will disagree. I disagree with you because its completely baseless to every single extent of every single letter of the word baseless. As I said, I feel that some people would be all over KallenxTeapot if they had replaced Li with a teapot in the situation. Simply put, I dispise pairings put forth on the basis of being there for the sake of just being a pairing.
Like I said, if you've got time to waste posts on a simple joke I really don't see why I can't just put the idea of those two together. Hell, we have relationships on this board that would be just as baseless, SuzakuXKallen being a personal dislike of yours but its still brought up nonetheless. And a relationship with a teapot would never work out, after the radiation wave I doubt any accessory will get Kallen quite as steamy. No, I'm afraid she's stuck with people after all. Unless she starts hitting on the Guren of course

It's an idea, and it wouldn't really conflict with anything if it did happen, not like Li's shown romantic interest in Tenshi, just soldierly duty as of yet. It certainly has nothing against it like the other pairings even if it doesn't have anything for it either
Old 2008-04-30, 17:14   Link #3254
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post
well, im getting sick of this circular debate over kallen and C.C.

nothing moves until the next episode, so it's pointless to keep barking like this.

personally, if i had a choice?

I'll have some grand world splitting event and just combine Kallen and C.C. together and have them couple with lulu while he ascends the throne.

PROBLEM SOLVED.

two for one. satisfied the semi-harem

yet it's just one body, thus satisfy the monogamy freaks.

its win-win.
Well, we could always include Shirley to shake things up.

And where are you getting that Lelouch is going to ascend the throne? I haven't seen anything to suggest that he'll end up like that or anywhere else.

And I like Kallen and C.C. as seperate people, though that would certainly solve everyone's problem.

Old 2008-04-30, 17:54   Link #3255
hero147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Well, we could always include Shirley to shake things up.

And where are you getting that Lelouch is going to ascend the throne? I haven't seen anything to suggest that he'll end up like that or anywhere else.

And I like Kallen and C.C. as seperate people, though that would certainly solve everyone's problem.
Its pretty likely that Lelouch will win in the end. PRETTY LIKELY no guarantee. One, is that Lelouch seems to be morally better than Britannia's emperor, and everyone loves happy endings dont they? Two, a similar anime, Death note, ended with the death of the man who was trying to create the "new world", it would seem redundant for both animes to go the same way. And a third reason would be, if Lelouch fails, I will kill the scriptwriters!

P.S. after watching 25, Im a soo totally ccxLelouch fan
Old 2008-04-30, 18:07   Link #3256
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Its pretty likely that Lelouch will win in the end. PRETTY LIKELY no guarantee. One, is that Lelouch seems to be morally better than Britannia's emperor, and everyone loves happy endings dont they? Two, a similar anime, Death note, ended with the death of the man who was trying to create the "new world", it would seem redundant for both animes to go the same way. And a third reason would be, if Lelouch fails, I will kill the scriptwriters!

Given Taniguchi's previous works and what the main writer Okouchi said on the official message boards, it basically is assured that Lelouch will win in the end. Now if he'll survive that victory is another question entirely.
Old 2008-04-30, 18:14   Link #3257
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:

Just because he wins doesn't mean he becomes Emperor. When has he ever demonstrated a desire for the position he discarded?

For the last time, DN and CG are not that similar!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
Given Taniguchi's previous works and what the main writer Okouchi said on the official message boards, it basically is assured that Lelouch will win in the end. Now if he'll survive that victory is another question entirely.
True, though given Taniguchi's track record I'd say his chances of living are fairly good.

Old 2008-04-30, 18:48   Link #3258
hero147

Both DN and CG have a maniac/intellect trying to create a new world full of justice, not many animes carry that theme. Lelouch may not want to be emperor, but serveral times in both season 1 and season 2, it has been mentioned that he is the future "king". Whether or not he wants it, its highly likely he would get that position. Not sure which episodes it was mentioned, but I think there was an indication of it when CC kissed Lelouch for his memories.
Old 2008-04-30, 18:53   Link #3259
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

They never said he was going to be the "king," they simply made references to a King. Besides, that doesn't mean he becomes Emperor. Maybe he becomes something akin to a god or something.

And that is the only thing those two shows have in common. Light and Lelouch are really nothing alike unless you look at them rather superficially.

Old 2008-04-30, 19:17   Link #3260
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Both DN and CG have a maniac/intellect trying to create a new world full of justice, not many animes carry that theme. Lelouch may not want to be emperor, but serveral times in both season 1 and season 2, it has been mentioned that he is the future "king". Whether or not he wants it, its highly likely he would get that position. Not sure which episodes it was mentioned, but I think there was an indication of it when CC kissed Lelouch for his memories.
Does Tsugumi Ohba write Code Geass? For that matter, is anyone involved with Death Note in any way involved with Code Geass? Is Code Geass a supernatural thriller mystery?

no?

Well then don't even bother bringing it up. Despite superficial similarities Lelouch and Light couldn't be more different. The huge rift between their motivations alone should make that obvious.
Closed Thread

Tags
characters, romance