AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka - Insurrection in the Ancient City (Volumes 14 & 15) Rating
Perfect 10 35 50.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 24.29%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 12.86%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 8.57%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 4.29%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-03-12, 17:46   Link #3301
amtro
Distro

I assumed that since you didn't know Mitsugu you had just picked up the LN at the latest volume. Pardon for that. Anyways that's not why I am making this post. I heard talk of Erika relationship progress in vol 14 a few months back, but I am not seeing any of it. She didn't even blush at the one night stand joke. Have I been lied to, or will Tatsuya and Erika have one final exchange before they leave for Ikoma in chapter 3?
amtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-12, 19:19   Link #3302
bakato

So I just noticed. Seaweed head hasn't made an appearance this volume.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-12, 21:49   Link #3303
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
His name is Mitsugu. He's Ayako and Fumiya's uncle. Holy crap, read the LN in the right order.
There is a certain irony in this quote lol
Old 2015-03-12, 22:06   Link #3304
Rasen

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Not really. He's only telling the guy to read the LN in the right order, not have a correct understanding.
Rasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-13, 03:33   Link #3305
Rava

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasen View Post
Not really. He's only telling the guy to read the LN in the right order, not have a correct understanding.
Berating someone for wondering about what happened to be an incorrect name by providing incorrect information is still pretty ironic.

And I guess we're just waiting on a missing part of Chapter 3 and Volume 15 then?
Rava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-15, 11:40   Link #3306
Plumme
Bla Bla Bla

Location: Big green house at the skirt of a town/near a forest, with bonzai trees displayed all over the front
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
I SAW IT I SAW IT AND I CRACKED. A LOT HAHAHA

Bless my uncles
Plumme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-15, 15:32   Link #3307
ZhaZhaZhaZha

has the translation been stopped for this due to yen press?
ZhaZhaZhaZha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-15, 15:45   Link #3308
IceHism

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZhaZhaZhaZha View Post
has the translation been stopped for this due to yen press?
no, it'll be completed. no future volumes tho.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-15, 19:41   Link #3309
amtro
Distro

It is unknown what the current status is. Translators are keeping a lid on EVERYTHING, but we have one who says that he wants to get vol 16 done at least. There was one translator who said that they wouldn't, but he's a french translator so he's irrelevant.
Old 2015-03-16, 06:36   Link #3310
fujin of shadows

Quote:
It is unknown what the current status is. Translators are keeping a lid on EVERYTHING, but we have one who says that he wants to get vol 16 done at least. There was one translator who said that they wouldn't, but he's a french translator so he's irrelevant.
I'm 22-years old with an attention span of a three year old and a learning curve of a of a lemming...But I love Mahouka.....If I have to learn Japanese to read volume 15 and up, that is what the internet, books, and pdfs are for....

I love Mahouka and language barrier and my laziness to learn will not stop me from reading through the adventures and Tatsuya and Miyuki.

I swear, in three, two months, I will at least learn how to read Japanese. I don't care, will not care even if I have to apply shock therapy to do so....
fujin of shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-16, 17:26   Link #3311
Nicaea

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujin of shadows View Post
I'm 22-years old with an attention span of a three year old and a learning curve of a of a lemming...But I love Mahouka.....If I have to learn Japanese to read volume 15 and up, that is what the internet, books, and pdfs are for....

I love Mahouka and language barrier and my laziness to learn will not stop me from reading through the adventures and Tatsuya and Miyuki.

I swear, in three, two months, I will at least learn how to read Japanese. I don't care, will not care even if I have to apply shock therapy to do so....
*slowly claps*

But yeah, that's a valid alternative to the current predicament.
Nicaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-17, 08:01   Link #3312
fujin of shadows

By the way, how is Mahouka written. Is it more hiragana than katakana or the other way around. Should I learn kanji as well....
fujin of shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-17, 08:34   Link #3313
ProxyAccount

The number of foreign words is small, obviously. However, there's no point in skipping katakana. You should aim for at least a sixth grade level of kanji, but there's hiragana to help you with the more difficult ones.
ProxyAccount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-17, 15:38   Link #3314
amtro
Distro

Quote:
By the way, how is Mahouka written. Is it more hiragana than katakana or the other way around. Should I learn kanji as well....
Kanji everywhere. Mahouka is only "light" because it has anime pictures.
Old 2015-03-19, 09:02   Link #3315
Abysmalheart

After reading true alchemist's summary I can say this chapter created the biggest hype in the end with introducing the yotsuba arc. Vol 14 was interesting only cuz of tatsuya's new magic and Mayumi's jumbled feelings.

My questions:
1)I didn't get what tatsuya does to minoru to make him feel better does he even do anything besides using his eye ?
2)Zhou a type of artificial being ?
3)Zhou mentions about Ichijous secret art true or false ?
4)Thought activated cad finished or is being developed ?
Abysmalheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-19, 11:41   Link #3316
nani895

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abysmalheart View Post
After reading true alchemist's summary I can say this chapter created the biggest hype in the end with introducing the yotsuba arc. Vol 14 was interesting only cuz of tatsuya's new magic and Mayumi's jumbled feelings.

My questions:
1)I didn't get what tatsuya does to minoru to make him feel better does he even do anything besides using his eye ?
2)Zhou a type of artificial being ?
3)Zhou mentions about Ichijous secret art true or false ?
4)Thought activated cad finished or is being developed ?
1.Nope...Tatsuya does nothing for Minrou. He uses his eye to see if he can find the problem with his body nothing more in terms of magic. If you want to know why Minrou feels comfortable around Tatsuya, it is because Tatsuya valued his help and doesnot use his body condition as excuse to keep him on sidelines rather he encourages his active participation.
2. Nothing about Zhou being an artificial creature is confirmed it is just a speculation by fandom guys basing on some similarities zhou exhibited with artificial beings.
3. Yes, Zhou seems to be aware of magic of Ichijous.
4. Yes, it is finished and Tatsuya used it aswell. I don't remember when though
nani895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-22, 12:34   Link #3317
l_rz
Abandoned MKnR'ing

Quote:
I love Mahouka.....If I have to learn Japanese to read volume 15 and up, that is what the internet, books, and pdfs are for...
This is nice, that someone wants to try to learn JP. Maybe you can help later in a TL collaboration project. And this will improve your JP reading ability.

Well, my recommendations for starters in JP are:

Spoiler:

Last edited by l_rz; 2015-03-22 at 13:03.
l_rz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-23, 13:46   Link #3318
yoyoyo5678

Quote:
The branch leader of Shibata family...
Is it only me or there was some magician in the earlier volumes with that family name (Shibata) ?
yoyoyo5678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-23, 14:28   Link #3319
IceHism

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyoyo5678 View Post
Is it only me or there was some magician in the earlier volumes with that family name (Shibata) ?
Yes, there was. Mizuki
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-24, 21:20   Link #3320
TrueAlchemist

It has been sometime.
Quote:
In Korea, there are at least three translators working independently.
One guy is a college kid majoring in Japanese. This guy is the fastest translator. I used this guy's work for providing summaries in this forum. Another guy's profile is completely unknown but have a long and positive reputation among Japanese translators and anime fans. The last guy is a highschool kid who practices translating. The last guy is the slowest. He normally post his work in order to exchange ideas on translating.

The only problem is, the fastest translator may enroll in Army service at the end of 2015 or the beginning of 2016, so after Yotsuba Inheritance Arc (vol. 16 and vol.17) it may get a little slow.

Today, I will share the translated preview of Vol.16.
This is the best translated version by the second Korean translator.
Again, it is the summarized version.
Spoiler for Preview of vol. 16:

Man, it is the short translation, but I need to summarize it, so it took me sometime.
I directly translated two lines: they are two lines with quotation marks. Others are somewhat summarized, and I used similar verbs and nouns to avoid potential trouble.

I think, we only relied on the rough translation from 4chan on preview page of vol. 16.
So, it may be good for me to share the key information.

In the previous translation, we knew it as "- If I get chosen as a heir, Oniisama will be free." It is not "Free". It is, "He will no longer be Hikagemono (日陰者)." Hikagemono (日陰者) is very rare terminology. It often shows up in Light Novels. It means, a person who lives in the shadow. I would assume, every member of Yotsuba including Miyuki falls into the category of Hikagemono (日陰者) except Maya. If Miyuki gets chosen, Miyuki probably assumes, Tatsuya will also come out of shadow because he is her brother. Personally, being Hikagemono (日陰者) may be one of key reasons why other candidates or branch families want to be "Yotsuba." Even though Yotsuba is 10MC, members of Yotsuba (probably except Maya) cannot claim any honor or enjoy any social benefits unlike other 10MC because they cannot expose themselves to the public. So, it may lead to the conflict within Yotsuba. Personally, I am dying to know why Yotsuba is living in the shadow. I think, it may be due to their punishment for their action three decades ago because it lead to Dahan's fall, and it indirectly damaged the country's benefit.

The second key information is the attempt on interrupting Tatsuya's group from arriving at Yotsuba's main house.
There isn't any other information on the group that tried to deter Tatsuya's group from arriving at Yotsuba's main house.

After reading previews, some guys left interesting comments at the translators' site.
Some of them are assuming that Maya may be trying to label Tatsuya as a fiance even though he is an actual brother of Miyuki. Maya is simply using Yotsuba's hidden status as an advantage and lie to the world because there is a huge difference between having him as a non-enemy and officially keeping him as a partner of Miyuki. And, it may also stop Tatsuya from leaving Miyuki and Yotsuba family once Miyuki's position as the heir or as the head gets stabilized. (In the novel, Miyuki also worries about Tatsuya leaving her. So, this idea may come from there.) In this way, Yotsuba continues taking an advantage off Tatsuya and his S-class status from the government if Yotsuba gets in danger from other 10MC or from the 3rd party such as Black Sage. Furthermore, it may explain why the author used the phrase, "shocking lie" besides using "shocking truth." It may also be related to Miyuki's worry after hearing the truth about Minoru. The scene may be foreshadowing of Miyuki's complicated dilemma during or the after the Yotsuba Inheritance Arc.

Personally, I like this new theory because it does not break any other premises that the author has been building especially after, the author introduced the new mighty power of elemental sight in vol. 15. So far, Maya already accepted Miyuki's reliance on Tatsuya, and, Maya may have realized, it may be impossible for her to find a replacement(another man) that Miyuki can rely on. Or, Tatsuya may really be Miyuki's cousin. And, Maya is simply making him as a fiance.
Anyway, if a fiance has to be someone who corresponds to the head of Yotsuba, Tatsuya may have to reveal his identity as S-class magician.
Otherwise, his position and ability will be questioned by others. According to Juumonji from the 1st 9SC, 10MC's power should not be questioned. (Or, something similar).

Anyway, other fans also provided the comment such as, "I want to see Shiba Mayumi or Saegusa Tatsuya." lol

I have been getting several questions through PM, so I am thinking about making one last summary with key information only especially ones that others asked.
Anyway, I will try to post it before the end of this week.

Last edited by TrueAlchemist; 2015-03-24 at 22:36.
TrueAlchemist is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, jesus-like mc