Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2008-06-30, 15:39   Link #3301
okayeah

Send a message via MSN to okayeah
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadwings View Post
I thought the short stories were mainly composed of words, just like the main novels.
That's right, they are, but just as the novels there are extra images accompanying the short stories. I believe these 4koma were just a little advertisement included to push Sigma, as the art style is completely similar and Tessa kindly reminds everyone to go out and buy the Sigma manga. Adorable and funny nonetheless, had to share it with you all.
okayeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-30, 20:52   Link #3302
Bratalix

I know this has probably been brought up and asked a few times, but I didn't really feel like checking all those 160 pages here to find if the answer could be there. I'm a huge fan of the Full Metal Panic serie and recently found the novels. If I'm right the novels are translated up to chapter 3 of Burning One Man Force, but then nothing has been released for ages. Is there any ETA on when they might resume the translation or is it over for real?

In any case, its awesome just to see that people still talk about the serie since its one of the best ever produced!
cheerio
Bratalix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-01, 02:33   Link #3303
ghost_zero5

@okayeah: Would be nice, if you could finish chapter 3b-chapter5 of BOMF before beginning to translate TMMD...
ghost_zero5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-01, 19:42   Link #3304
okayeah

Send a message via MSN to okayeah
I've thought about that, but BOMF will be released much sooner in the official English translations. I wanted to focus more on the novels that will take forever to be released.
okayeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-02, 00:05   Link #3305
arsinoe74

Quote:
Originally Posted by okayeah View Post
I've thought about that, but BOMF will be released much sooner in the official English translations. I wanted to focus more on the novels that will take forever to be released.
Thanks in advance. I know translation requires hardwork and much time, would have wanted to help but cant read/understand japanese.Really appreciate your service to FMP fans.Will be patiently waiting for the release.
arsinoe74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-02, 01:32   Link #3306
HunterSeeker
The Spirit of Steel

Location: HKSAR, PRC, Asia, The Earth, The Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe.
Send a message via MSN to HunterSeeker
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=3166

Updated again. But no one seem try to discuss the current story eh?
The newest part had revealed how horrifying Casper is......
HunterSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-02, 02:08   Link #3307
chie chan

Because for me this novel - although trying to explain most of the mysteries behind the FMP - is quite boring.
I'm sure it would be less if in manga/anime version but it's just my opinion.
I'm waiting for the next one, maybe the least?
chie chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-02, 05:59   Link #3308
HunterSeeker
The Spirit of Steel

That's just a shame. If we're always expecting stuff like Fumoffu then FMP won't even be a legend.

Besides, these boring stuff will pretty leading to exciting stuff in the future and if we don't know these, then we'll simply can't understand important stuff afterwards.
Old 2008-07-02, 10:13   Link #3309
HunterSeeker
The Spirit of Steel

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=3030
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=3114
First 2 chapters updated with pics.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=3114
Chapter 3 complete, next will be Chapter 4.
Old 2008-07-02, 12:02   Link #3310
chie chan

Shame? Oh my! Nobody wants just only Fumoffu stuff, but there's a difference between a novel and another otherwise we should always say that each new one is the best, amazing, super and so on. Rubbishes. NOT is more boring than the others in my OPINION. The shameful one shuld be who doesn't respect the other's opinions.
Got it?
But thanks for your hard work in translation.
chie chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-02, 12:19   Link #3311
Verenor

Send a message via MSN to Verenor
Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterSeeker View Post

Thanks for your hard work!(keep it up)
Verenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-02, 12:54   Link #3312
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by chie chan View Post
The shameful one shuld be who doesn't respect the other's opinions.
Got it?
I don't think they were any disrespect towards your opinion in HunterSeeker post.

No I will give my opinion on NOT, first I want to say that I don't really like Fumoffu, it's funny but it's not the reason I have become a fan of FMP and I was "happy" when Tokyopop has decided to only publish the main story line.

Secondly, most of the boring stuff that has happened in NOT should have been hinted in precedent novel and NOT should have been the novel who tie everything together, that would have limited the "unbearable wall of text" about Whispered that I have seen has the primary critics about this book. Right now for me that look like "bad" writing (not for this book but for the overall project ie when you arrive at the end of your allowed number of page and you realize that you still have 50% of your planned story to write but you can't rewrite the beginning).

Lastly a lot of interesting stuff happen in the novel, and I am able to understand the appeal of those different parts like the fight between Casper and Kurtz, but that don't move me and there is even part that I dislike like the MaoxKurtz parts (I even wanted that couple to happen), the Sophia/Kaname parts (I dislike the damsel in distress storyline) or the change in Amalgam (too convenient).

But I recognize that to move the story that novel was necessary perhaps with the next one my opinion of NOT will change but right know NOT has made me following FMP more by obligation than anything else and I consider NOT has the less good novel of FMP, place who was previously occupied by Hashiru One Night Stand.
Miles Teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-02, 13:27   Link #3313
Deadwings
Heaven's Nightmare

Quote:
Thanks Hunter I'll take my time to read them
A question, the translation is made word by word or is it like somekind of overall view? (not good in english, hope you understan hehe)
Deadwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-02, 13:50   Link #3314
Teh2ndrunner
History Fanatic

Quote:
Shame? Oh my! Nobody wants just only Fumoffu stuff, but there's a difference between a novel and another otherwise we should always say that each new one is the best, amazing, super and so on. Rubbishes. NOT is more boring than the others in my OPINION. The shameful one shuld be who doesn't respect the other's opinions.
Got it?
But thanks for your hard work in translation.
True , no one wants all Fumoffu and yes NOT at the moment is the slowest book outta them all. However you must note that it has like 500+ pages which is more than the previous titles and thus we can assume that these 'boring' parts are simply tieing up some of the loose ends ( mystery of teh Whispered ect.) before getting to the upcoming ( hopefully) action.

However I agree in the sense that these 'background' sections are far too long and detailed and could easily be made shorter but hey I guess Gatoh must want to satisfy his fans ( with as much info as poss.) due to all the hype surrounding this novel.

I'm not mentioning the ' respecting other peoples opinions part' as Miles has already done this.

I agree fully with the complement concering hard work on behalf of Hunter , keep it up m8!
Teh2ndrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-02, 17:31   Link #3315
Deadwings
Heaven's Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh2ndrunner View Post
... However you must note that it has like 500+ pages which is more than the previous titles...
+500 pages? boring or not... isn't it a bit too much to just jump to next volume?
Even if the info and details are too boring to read, there must be something useful to the main story I think (Note: I haven't read yet, speaking by ignorance).
Deadwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-03, 01:00   Link #3316
meeiwen
Circus Freak

Location: 40 degrees 50 minutes north, 140 degrees 31 minutes east
hmm... maybe i just love fmp so much that i forgot what boredom means..
meeiwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-03, 09:30   Link #3317
HunterSeeker
The Spirit of Steel

Sorry if my words are offending. You know, it's frustrating that after all those long/hard works for a new novel, there're no one discussing about that.

Spoiler for the fourth part of the exciting NOT, part 1:

Last edited by HunterSeeker; 2008-07-16 at 11:00.
Old 2008-07-03, 10:29   Link #3318
Corsair86

Thanks for your hard work. And anybody knows something about the name of the future novel?
Corsair86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-03, 10:35   Link #3319
meeiwen
Circus Freak

Location: 40 degrees 50 minutes north, 140 degrees 31 minutes east
Quote:
Sorry if my words are offending. You know, it's frustrating that after all those long/hard works for a new novel, there're no one discussing about that.

Spoiler for the fourth part of the exciting NOT:

yeay chapter 4..! damn that cloak!!!!
meeiwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-03, 10:50   Link #3320
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair86 View Post
Thanks for your hard work. And anybody knows something about the name of the future novel?
The title of NOT has been revealed one or two month prior to the release of the novel. So for the next novel we still have some time to wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh2ndrunner View Post
True , no one wants all Fumoffu and yes NOT at the moment is the slowest book outta them all. However you must note that it has like 500+ pages which is more than the previous titles
This is the number of page of each Japanese novel (main story line only) :

01: "Tatakau Boy Meets Girl" - 343
03: "Hashiru One Night Stand" - 340
06: "Yureru Into The Blue" - 379
08: "Owaru Day By Day (Upper Vol.)" - 202
09: "Owaru Day By Day (Lower Vol.)" - 268
12: "Odoru Very Merry Christmas" - 362
15: "Tsuduku On My Own" - 288
17: "Moeru One Man Force" - 302
19: "Tsudou Make My Day" - 377
20: "Semaru Nick Of Time" - 427

So in fact ODBD (TSR), if you put the two novel together, is bigger than NOT

Quote:
I think that the problem is that we have discussed about a lot of things when the first spoiler have been released and the summary you are doing for us confirm most of the thing we have already discussed so no real reason to discuss it further.

I am sure that when you will start working on the part about Sophia (the last part of the novel) some new conversation will start
Miles Teg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light novels, mecha, shounen