AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2008-03-22, 16:52   Link #3301
Kagedanji
Doughy goodness. I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb4 View Post
@C.A.
You're extremely good at drawing. This is what the project needs.^^
"Extremely"... Not how I'd describe it, but it's still great art. I wish I had a tablet so I could properly show off mine.
Kagedanji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-22, 16:52   Link #3302
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Going backwards:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discreet View Post
Of course, I've still completely fallen in love with this project so I guess that makes me a total hypocrite/idiot, but still, the level of situation/character action/etc. change is too much for my liking.
We'll find a way. Even the "final" version is only a first release until we get reviews from the fandom itself.

@vb4: Good luck as always.

@Jinsoo and C.A.: Nice work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookOfMages View Post
@Ohshnapz We already have cosplayers? >_> Wow look at the rate we have going, Cosplayers, Many Artworks, Main Project, Sub Project, T-Shirt Makers, Character songs, etc. This must be a proud moment for us all.
*wipes off more manly tears*

-------

And blogger Shin saw fit to report about us again.

http://www.atalude.net/?p=302

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-22, 16:58   Link #3303
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb4 View Post
Yeah, the progress grows...

@C.A.
You're extremely good at drawing. This is what the project needs.^^

P.S.
I'll go now to sleep...
Who will bet with me on the amount of pages I have to read after I wake up again?
I'd say 15, because now the thread's gotten faster again.
Thanks.

I've drawn whole day and its almost 6am, I wouldn't want to sleep if not for this:

Kuyoh is giving me a major headache, that mess of hair. I have no idea how to keep that mass after genderbending, its a must have factor for her character and appearance. Hard to be noticed at first, but once noticed, Kuyoh's hair make her stand out like a thorn anywhere, anytime.

I want to start prototypes(If I'm the first) of the 3 for I've not seen(in the mere 70+ pages I've read) them being drawn yet.

I find male Sasaki I've drawn to be alright, but Kyoko is weird someway. Please do comment on them and especially ideas for Kuyoh.

I shall now sleep and continue tomorrow, which could be my last day to post here for the next month(again).

EDIT: Oh my pics are drawn as 'concept art', and I didn't really put effort into quality, I just want to pump out as many pics as possible before I return to camp. My way to contribute here before I get stuck in army again.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-22, 17:01   Link #3304
ClockWorkAngel
Aspiring Aspirer

Send a message via MSN to ClockWorkAngel
When I first saw Kuyoh I was thinking; how the hell can she have that much hair? Aliens of the Canopy Domain have such weird tastes! I don't think that the male version need the same amount of hair; maybe just the style; a big bulb of hair would probably suffice.

Credit To Risa-chan!
ClockWorkAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-22, 17:04   Link #3305
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClockWorkAngel View Post
When I first saw Kuyoh I was thinking; how the hell can she have that much hair? Aliens of the Canopy Domain have such weird tastes! I don't think that the male version need the same amount of hair; maybe just the style; a big bulb of hair would probably suffice.
Afro, maybe?
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-22, 17:06   Link #3306
Kagedanji
Doughy goodness. I think.

I say ponytail or mullet.

......Btw, slowly waiting for my wall-of-text excerpt on the front page to be replaced with my new two part version.
Kagedanji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-22, 17:08   Link #3307
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Afro, maybe?
Then Kuyoh can only be: NABESHIN!

And how many pages since yesterday?

Genderbend cosplay? Keep up the good work!
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-22, 17:09   Link #3308
BookOfMages
PALM SIZED TIGER!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_RockmanX View Post

*wipes off more manly tears*

@For Kuyoh Male: One word.....Afro.

and for Kyoko is well a twintailed cutesy girl who seems to have a thing for Saski. So as a guy I just think for the hair well, draw her hair, got it? Then...erase the pigtails.

DUN!
BookOfMages is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-22, 17:16   Link #3309
ClockWorkAngel
Aspiring Aspirer

Send a message via MSN to ClockWorkAngel
I don't think he should have an afro, it would probaby look very awkward; remember they were made to BLEND into the population. Unless you think that the more suspicious a person looks like the less suspicious they really are . But then you'd be crazy or be Haruki :S.

Credit To Risa-chan!
ClockWorkAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-22, 17:23   Link #3310
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClockWorkAngel View Post
I don't think he should have an afro, it would probaby look very awkward; remember they were made to BLEND into the population. Unless you think that the more suspicious a person looks like the less suspicious they really are . But then you'd be crazy or be Haruki :S.
Kuyoh has the ability to make herself essentially invisible. Sort of like the Somebody Else's Problem Field in HHGTTG or the Leaky Cauldron in Harry Potter.
Old 2008-03-22, 17:23   Link #3311
Puffendahl
Että koko kokkoko?

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Kuyoh is giving me a major headache, that mess of hair.
I know how you feel. I attempted to genderbend those three a few days before registering here too, but eventually gave up because Kuyoh completely ruined the otherwise-okay group pic I had drawn of them. That hair really is crazy...

But it's okay. After all, in the frustration of not succeeding in drawing the other three, I ended up drawing a female Fujiwara, and the pic turned out okay. And it was because I got a sudden urge of wanting to post that pic that I ended up joining here.

So I owe being able to be a part of this awesomeness to... Kuyoh's hair
Puffendahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-22, 17:27   Link #3312
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Why not leave the hair as is?

The simple solution, really. All we have to do is just ignore that a male Kuyoh has a mane of hair... it's somebody else's problem, right?

(nice idea there, K.E.!)

CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-22, 17:31   Link #3313
Discreet
The Fascist

So now I can't read Haruhi without analyzing it piece by piece.

My interpretation of chap 2 part 1, changes in bold from the latest version so you can just skip the sentences with no bold in it.

Spoiler:

Concerning the last line it was previously:

"If I didn't agree, he might decide to drag me off to a Love Hotel or something equally horrible."

And while I think that's a great line, I think there should be some room for subtlety when it comes to Kyonko's OBVIOUS crush on Haruki.
Discreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-22, 17:42   Link #3314
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
What a great idea of a project.

Just wondering if 'Kyonko' is now the official name, wouldn't it sound better if it's 'Kyou'?
Old 2008-03-22, 17:44   Link #3315
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenta View Post

Just wondering if 'Kyonko' is now the official name, wouldn't it sound better if it's 'Kyou'?
Official name is Kyon. Fan-nickname is Kyon-ko or Kyon-chan.
Old 2008-03-22, 17:46   Link #3316
Puffendahl
Että koko kokkoko?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenta View Post

Kyonko is mostly just used in discussions, so there wouldn't be any confusion on whether one is referring to the female or the male counterpart (at least that's why I use "Kyonko" myself). In the actual writing, she is usually simply referred to as Kyon (or Kyon-chan, or both).

EDIT: Oops, too late
Puffendahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-22, 18:04   Link #3317
Kristen
*Author

"Dear Diary,

Oh. My. God. You have like no clue what happened today! It was, like, totally, ah! I was so, like... You have no idea! It was just soooo...! Eeh!

Breath, Kyon-ko. Calm down. The diary won't listen to you if you let your hormones talk.

So, today in school, I was going to the SOS brigade and accidentally stumbled in on Minoru changing. No "birdie", thankfully, but still, he was just so cute! The muscles rippling on his chest were just, so, like, amazing! I was like, totally, AH!

Calm down. Calm down. Well, he naturally kicked me out of the room, but still! I should have taken a picture! That picture would have been hanging on my wall next to my pictures of K*mina, under my picture of Arch*r, and right above my picture of Kon*ta. Minoru, you can do what those definitions of gar did and more!

By the way, diary, I hope you liked that bow I attached to your front. I think it looks cute on you.

So, tomorrow's Easter. What do you think I should wear? A sun dress sound good to you? Red or pink? Haruki naturally is making up celebrate it along with all those weird holidays he celebrates, so why not be festive? They dye eggs in the west, why can't we?

Sincerely,
Kyon-ko"
Old 2008-03-22, 18:48   Link #3318
Jintor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discreet View Post
So now I can't read Haruhi without analyzing it piece by piece.

My interpretation of chap 2 part 1, changes in bold from the latest version so you can just skip the sentences with no bold in it.

Spoiler:

Concerning the last line it was previously:

"If I didn't agree, he might decide to drag me off to a Love Hotel or something equally horrible."

And while I think that's a great line, I think there should be some room for subtlety when it comes to Kyonko's OBVIOUS crush on Haruki.
These edits are hereby declared official.

(Kaisos, you're going to have to point out the more subtle shout-outs within your rewrites. : D

I'll go back and editjob back in the TTGL references...)

/EDIT Discreet, I think we're going for hilarity/awesomeness over accuracy. It's a fanwork - we're free to do whatever we want! Within the bounds of sanity, of course.
Jintor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-22, 18:51   Link #3319
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jintor View Post
(Kaisos, you're going to have to point out the more subtle shout-outs within your rewrites. : D)
Eh. I try, but why shove in constant comments?
Old 2008-03-22, 19:00   Link #3320
Jintor

Because otherwise I'll miss them and your brilliant work will be crushed by ham-handed editing? : P
Jintor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
genderbender, seitenkan