AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2021-03-29, 18:34   Link #3341
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Drama coming from Fujiwara would have been completely out of character. She was always either going to throw a tantrum and then forgive Kaguya after being given some ramen or something, or just be happy for her.
Old 2021-03-29, 21:08   Link #3342
Wandering Soul

This was all in character and should have been expected. People really shouldn't have gotten their hopes up for Fujiwara drama.
Old 2021-03-30, 02:31   Link #3343
WingedAccelerator

Fujiwara focus, to be precise. And for that, a tiny tantrum would have been more than sufficient. But no, it looks like not having a baggage means that you can't have any sort of problem thrown at you that deserves a bit focus, people just continue to take you for granted. I wouldn't even feel betrayed if Aka didn't do that last page from the previous chapter hyping this up, only to conclude the non-existent issue with a backstory also occupying pages.
Old 2021-04-01, 10:08   Link #3344
Sixth
Hu Tao

The chapter is out.

Never know that Fujiwara went thru that kind of life when she was young. I love that there is no drama between Fujiwara and Kaguya and everything was resolved peacefully.
Old 2021-04-01, 10:20   Link #3345
Lex79

It was a nice chapter, they added a bit of backstory to Fujiwara without turning her into a tragic character and we were shown how she become friend with Kaguya. Her reaction to the news was funny and appropriate.
Old 2021-04-01, 11:55   Link #3346
James Rye

Finally, the chapter I have been waiting for what felt like years. Probably even were years.
Went as expected though now I really really really wanna see the "friendship" test Kaguya came up for Fujiwara which earned her her trust. Like it had to come after that game challenge which seems to have been won by Fujiwara.

As for Kaguya's excuse about the special person stuff..... yeah, I don't really buy that tbh. All the questions Kaguya asked herself were questions people have asked in this thread for a long time. She really could have asked those questions herself earlier.

About Fujiwara's background story I suspected as much considering we knew she was a piano prodigy but somehow we never saw her play piano and just fool around all day long. So there had to be something in the past that made her stop or want to stop playing it.

Honestly, I wish we had seen more Kaguya and Fujiwara friendship chapters or flashbacks to their middle school days to deepen their relationship. Because so far for 222 chapters it has been pretty barebone, we mostly saw Kaguya having murder fantasies about Fujiwara or being jealous about her boobs or sunny personality or Fujiwara wrecking Kaguya's plans to have the president confess to her. There really wasn't that much "friend time" between those two. Really, most of the time Fujiwara felt left out or taken granted, like in that sex talk meeting Kaguya had with the other girls.
This chapter felt more like Aka's apology to have put the third major character from the story's start at the sideline after she had served her purpose as Chaos epitome. Like the editor saying "and how will Kaguya tell Fujiwara about this?" and Aka going "oh fuck, I totally forgot!".

Still having a chapter with only Kaguya and Fujiwara even if it took 221 chapters for it, was really nice and comfy to read. Again, wished we had that earlier and more often considering that Kaguya thinks Fujiwara is her "special friend"and claims to know what a good person she is who keeps her secrets and doesn't start rumors and all that. Like imagine if Fujiwara had known about her friend's crush way earlier and what crazy plans she would have come up with to get those two together or how she wouldn't have understood the pride of Kaguya to not be the first to confess considering how much in love she is with the president. Would have made for an entire different series.

Anyway, rant over, talk is done, they're happy and now Fujiwara will always have a breakdown whenever she sees pres and Kaguya because she knows they are banging. xD
Old 2021-04-01, 18:04   Link #3347
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was a really great chapter which actually added some depth to Fujiwara's character. Her face when Kaguya told her she should just quit... I never would have thought a happy go lucky character like her was under this much pressure at some point. I figured she had always been carefree.
Old 2021-04-01, 19:23   Link #3348
BWTraveller
Born to ship

I wonder if this has some to do with how immature Chika seems sometimes, how ditzy and unable to pick up on things she can be. If she pressured herself as much as she said she may have surprisingly little social experience prior to junior high, in which case some immaturity and gullibility would kind of make sense.

On a different note, this make Miko's (past) admiration of Chika kind of sad. After all, what made her admire Chika so much and think of her as brilliant and dedicated was her talent at and commitment to the piano. Makes me kind of wonder how she'd take the story.
Old 2021-04-01, 20:22   Link #3349
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
That was a really great chapter which actually added some depth to Fujiwara's character. Her face when Kaguya told her she should just quit... I never would have thought a happy go lucky character like her was under this much pressure at some point. I figured she had always been carefree.
When you think about it, it's probably stranger that she is so carefree given that she is a politician's daughter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
On a different note, this make Miko's (past) admiration of Chika kind of sad. After all, what made her admire Chika so much and think of her as brilliant and dedicated was her talent at and commitment to the piano. Makes me kind of wonder how she'd take the story.
I think Miko has already grown past that phase now, considering she knows how to deal with Chika's antics.
Old 2021-04-02, 03:05   Link #3350
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

hahaha.. so Fujiwara started to become weird because of Kaguya
to think that she used to be a honorable student

but people agree that this Chika is definitely the better version
her reaction is totally predictable as well
Old 2021-04-02, 07:21   Link #3351
WingedAccelerator

I have to agree that Kaguya's reasoning and what Aka has portrayed of said friendship are reeking of sweat. Forgot which chapter, but it was something about how Kaguya wants or could be the next president and while she would keep everyone in the Student Council, she would just replace Fujiwara with Kashiwagi on the spot. Even in the backstory, she gets credit for something that was just a tasteless remark and she not even tries to say it she was considerate and seen through Fujiwara's suffering. Then in the present after countless chapters without any thought and concern regarding Fujiwara, she was a special person for her all along. Cool story, Aka.
Old 2021-04-02, 09:19   Link #3352
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
When you think about it, it's probably stranger that she is so carefree given that she is a politician's daughter.

I think Miko has already grown past that phase now, considering she knows how to deal with Chika's antics.
I realize that well enough, but knowing it might still shock her. Even if you've accepted that a guy is currently a goof off, if you used to worship him for something that you just found out made him miserable, wouldn't it hit you pretty hard? Especially since a lot of what made them miserable was the pressure and insistent praise of people just like you for things that he didn't really like that much? Besides, just because she accepts that Chika is a goofball now doesn't mean she doesn't still remember her skill with admiration. I don't know, I just felt like it'd be interesting.

As for her remark in the past, I wouldn't make any connection between that and her current relationship with Chika. After all, that was the first time she even saw her, and before she developed any kind of relationship with her. I'm not entirely sure whether she'd replace Chika if she became president. I do believe she cares a great deal about her, it's just that she doesn't really respect her that much. Which is understandable given the fact that for the past several years she's been acting like a ditz who rarely has any clue about what's going on. To her, Chika may be a very precious existence, but she's not the sort you go to for advice or secrets. This doesn't change the fact that she likes her and wants to have her by her side.
Old 2021-04-05, 09:19   Link #3353
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Well, Fujiwara finally throwing tantrum as I thought she would be.
Old 2021-04-05, 09:53   Link #3354
WingedAccelerator

Oh, my...

What will be the excuses this week? That this is not out of character from Fujiwara anymore or that it's still a comedic chapter regardless of her tantrum, not real drama?
Old 2021-04-05, 10:47   Link #3355
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Just throwing her usual tantrum~
She just can't accept being the last person knowing Kaguya and Miyuki relationship.
Ishigami noticed as I expected him to.
Old 2021-04-05, 14:16   Link #3356
Ichinotachi

This is the usual fujiwara throwing a tantrum, she did the same back in the day with Moeha. Good to see that people here understand that, well... everyone except the usual 2 drama frogs.

I wonder how long this is going to last before moving to the next arc, Miko's birthday is there and ofc dealing with Kaguya's family since we are really close to Prez leaving.
Old 2021-04-05, 14:55   Link #3357
AP24

She did say that Kaguya is now tainted so maybe that’s why. She just couldn’t accept that Kaguya is no longer pure and blames Miyuki for that.
Old 2021-04-05, 16:08   Link #3358
James Rye

Considering the amount of flaws she knows of prez it ain't no wonder she broke down like that, lol. Fujimama clearly got PTSD issues.
And I totally forgot that Fujiwara had pointed out prez and kaguya liking each other waaaaaaaaaaaay back then. God, that was such a long time ago.

As for the test, I guess this is where the Ballroom dancing comes in?
Old 2021-04-05, 18:34   Link #3359
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It's not like Fujiwara having a meltdown now makes the previous chapter pointless. At least no the part I liked. And of course this is a comedy chapter and not real drama.
Old 2021-04-05, 19:17   Link #3360
Wandering Soul

So Fujiwara did have a meltdown, but I hope no one is taking it too seriously. It's sort of funny how instead of proving himself to his in-laws, this time the son has to prove himself to his mama.

Tags
character derailment, coming of age, desconstruction, genre shift, love triangle, memeguya, no longer our guy, quality decline, romcom, school life