My poor wallet
Old 2014-07-17, 03:42   Link #33582
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
My poor wallet
Your wallet was sacrificed for a noble cause, its valor shall not be forgotten.

*salute*

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-17, 05:54   Link #33583
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Complete look at the HG Powered GM Guardian (no, it's not Cardigan):

So it has the NT-1 Alex's leg thrusters, and two Zeta Hyper Mega Launchers as backpack cannons.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2014-07-17, 07:27   Link #33584
helois

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post

So it has the NT-1 Alex's leg thrusters, and two Zeta Hyper Mega Launchers as backpack cannons.
sort of definition of milking..

also the Lighting Gundam has a lot of "holes" ( ) and i suppose a lot of customization-overkill mode..
helois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-17, 18:47   Link #33585
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
My poor Bank Account
Fixed lol

I have no idea how Im gonna be able to afford the kits I want, not even counting the new BF and G-Reco
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-18, 11:54   Link #33586
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:

That GM looks like it could fuck you up.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-18, 21:53   Link #33587
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Quote:

Dunno you guys, but that pose says something like "you dawg, wanna have fun?"

Also in a somewhat related note, I got a job so I could afford my first MG next month... now I'm deciding between which one (I want to start with a 00 or Wing one).
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-19, 15:29   Link #33588
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strigon 13 View Post

Also in a somewhat related note, I got a job so I could afford my first MG next month... now I'm deciding between which one (I want to start with a 00 or Wing one).
Get the one you like the most. If you're looking for some recommendations, the 00 Raiser amd generally every Wing Kit is great
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-19, 19:30   Link #33589
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strigon 13 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 View Post
Get the one you like the most. If you're looking for some recommendations, the 00 Raiser amd generally every Wing Kit is great
And try to avoid the Exia and GN-X unless you really like the mechs or are willing to shell out for a stand, their ankles are weak as hell (their primary flaw)

And since its your first MG I would advise against a transforming unit unless you really really really like it

Like SFV2 I think the 00 (Raiser or 7S/G) is a great place to start
Old 2014-07-19, 21:56   Link #33590
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

The choice of MG 00 Raiser vs MG 00 Gundam Seven Swords/G will depend whether one likes the anime version of the Gundam or a "beastly war machine" variant I have the MG 00 SS/G and it stands just fine, with all of its weapons loaded, without leaning over or needing a stand, but I can't speak for the MG 00 Raiser since I don't have it.
Old 2014-07-20, 00:39   Link #33591
Desruprot
Has Shining Fingers

dont you find it interesting that there is an unpainted Gundam going to be featured in GBF Try? its not every typical and might be a unique twist if that thing can readily destroy competition.
Desruprot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-20, 06:51   Link #33592
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desruprot View Post
dont you find it interesting that there is an unpainted Gundam going to be featured in GBF Try? its not every typical and might be a unique twist if that thing can readily destroy competition.
What unpainted Gundam?

If you're talking about the Powered GM Cardigan (character reading apparently confirms it) above, prototype model kits are almost always unpainted when first revealed. Their colors are only shown in the following months leading up to the release of the kit.

Old 2014-07-20, 19:58   Link #33593
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Having seen rrobert's review of the MG Jesta... hot damn, I have got to get me one of those.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-20, 22:57   Link #33594
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Having seen rrobert's review of the MG Jesta... hot damn, I have got to get me one of those.
Considering it's the JESTA, I'm wondering why you haven't gotten it yet

Old 2014-07-21, 07:14   Link #33595
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
- ..you...have..NOT bought an MG Jesta?

Wild Goose Old Boy...I am dissapoint. So much.

Seriously, it's probably the cheapest MG available that has the new individual-jointed fingers just to start off. It's also pretty badass with just an OOB build and dullcoat. I'm almost finished with detailing mine (mostly the gun), I should post it up when I'm done.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-21, 09:12   Link #33596
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
wait, how do you pronounce the Build Fighters custom Powered GM's name again? Guardian or Cardigan? translation error?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-21, 18:21   Link #33597
Skye629

Im all of a sudden feeling extremely guilty that I have not gotten a MG Jesta lol (mainly out of hate for cleaning up after dark colored nubs)
Old 2014-07-21, 22:00   Link #33598
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Considering it's the JESTA, I'm wondering why you haven't gotten it yet
Well, y'know, money and life and stuff. Also my sources are currently out of stock for the MG Jesta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
- ..you...have..NOT bought an MG Jesta?

Wild Goose Old Boy...I am dissapoint. So much.

Seriously, it's probably the cheapest MG available that has the new individual-jointed fingers just to start off. It's also pretty badass with just an OOB build and dullcoat. I'm almost finished with detailing mine (mostly the gun), I should post it up when I'm done.
I know. I saw rrobert's review on Youtube and fell in love. It's just that I've already spent so much this year, I need to pace myself for next year.

So I've started saving up, and I promised myself that the Jesta will be my birthday present to myself, next February. And yeah it looks badass alright. And I'm definitely going to look for a red LED so that I can light it up and make it look badass.

In other news, I've been building my HGUC Jesta with a beauty file for filing down the parts. I have to say, I think I understand now why people say to file down; certainly I seem to get results I'm happier with, compared to snipping nubs with a nail clipper. On the other hand I'm definitely taking longer to build. And now I'm wondering if I actually should invest in getting a set of those Tamiya hobby files, or just stick to the beauty file I have.

...also from time to time I find I need to stop and run some water on the file to clear away the plastic dust from the nub. IIRC Zero mentioned using hand lotion on the nubs while sanding...?

I believe in miracles.

Old 2014-07-22, 17:38   Link #33599
Skye629

Quote:
Well, y'know, money and life and stuff. Also my sources are currently out of stock for the MG Jesta.

I know. I saw rrobert's review on Youtube and fell in love. It's just that I've already spent so much this year, I need to pace myself for next year.

So I've started saving up, and I promised myself that the Jesta will be my birthday present to myself, next February. And yeah it looks badass alright. And I'm definitely going to look for a red LED so that I can light it up and make it look badass.

In other news, I've been building my HGUC Jesta with a beauty file for filing down the parts. I have to say, I think I understand now why people say to file down; certainly I seem to get results I'm happier with, compared to snipping nubs with a nail clipper. On the other hand I'm definitely taking longer to build. And now I'm wondering if I actually should invest in getting a set of those Tamiya hobby files, or just stick to the beauty file I have.

...also from time to time I find I need to stop and run some water on the file to clear away the plastic dust from the nub. IIRC Zero mentioned using hand lotion on the nubs while sanding...?
The type of file you are using is fine, just make sure you got various grits/roughness for better finishes. Worst come to worst get some sandpaper/sanding sponges/etc.
Old 2014-07-23, 02:33   Link #33600
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
The type of file you are using is fine, just make sure you got various grits/roughness for better finishes. Worst come to worst get some sandpaper/sanding sponges/etc.
Hmmm.... already have 1000 and 1500 grit sandpaper. Maybe I should look into sanding sponges.

Still, with one kit in progress, and another 4.5 kits pending (because seriously, Unicorn's FA parts rate being at least 0.5 Gunpla in terms of effort), and at least another 6 HGs and 1 MG planned for next year, I'm thinking that I might as well drop some extra money now on a good cutter and good set of Tamiya files, since I've been told that good sharp cutters can slice through gates like a knife through butter, leaving less stress marks on the plastic.

...also it turns out that my brother actually had a set of Tamiya files, but gave them away a decade ago. FFFFFFFffffffff.

I believe in miracles.

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy