Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-06-11, 07:17   Link #3361
Ketsu-Kun
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Ketsu-Kun Send a message via MSN to Ketsu-Kun
Jojo, ph33r the crosshair. 7.8/10.

Mantidor, 6.8/10. It's a bit too boring and slightly overblurred (Unintentionally?) in my opinion.

Thany, 8/10.

PriestessKikyo - 5/10, needs improving.

ArcHawk, 8/10 - Nice.

sarcasteak, w00tage and a nice 9/10.

It's Kirby, Kirby is inherently cool. Killing Kirby is even cooler, 8/10. =P

aahhsin, your signature is far worse then anything I've seen so far. 1.1/10

Now I personally can't decide between the following, could you guys rate each of them for me?

Last edited by Ketsu-Kun; 2004-06-11 at 07:33.
Old 2004-06-11, 08:29   Link #3362
ArcHawk
Expand your world...

[QUOTE=Ketsu-Kun]
Now I personally can't decide between the following, could you guys rate each of them for me?

8/10. Don't like the background as much as some of the others.

8.5/10. Like this background and the kind of crystalized effect goes with her eyes.

8.4/10. See #1, but I really like the font and pic in this one.

8.3/10. Another background I like, but pic not quite as much as some of the others.

8.7/10. Okay, for my personal preference, I like this one the best still...but I don't think its 'your' best work.

8.8/10. The best for last. Great cropping and cutting on that pic...great pic, great background. Just don't like the font as much as #2 or #3.

Old 2004-06-11, 08:59   Link #3363
Biohazard
-kanashii~desu-

Send a message via ICQ to Biohazard Send a message via MSN to Biohazard
ArcHawk - I like it, 7.5/10 - i like the background and the flowers, but i dont like the font too much, and the pic on the left is good, but has a screencap feel to it that i dont like too muhc ... *shrugs*

What do you people think about that? It was a random work that i made because i got a bit bored ^^
Old 2004-06-11, 15:17   Link #3364
kakashilion
has big feet

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcasteak
I've been following Death Note ever since the one-shot and the announcement that it'll become serialized and I love the war of logic so far. The newest twist in chapter 25 is welcoming, though...
just a quick question. Do you buy the manga or download it? I've only been able to see first chapter. Have you ever heard of "Hey Black Jack" its about med students and the situation of healthcare in Japan. Apparently it revolutionised the way people thought about Japans system of healthcare. Again quite weird though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantidor
is that lucifer? OMG thats Lucifer!!!!! and I thought I've found everything about him... you cannot use him! Im the only one who can is a great sig 9.5/10.
Lucifer? ...

archawk - 9/10 yay i have orchids in my garden. Oh and your sigs good as well

Biohazard current one - 9.5/10 dont like the other one as much but still - 9/10. Don't think biohazard (in green) goes well with the purple.

hobogod - 5/10 - you killed Kirby... what did he ever do to you. You know if nintendo saw that they would probably sue you .

Ketsu-Kun - 8.5/10 - my favourite is your current blue one. I like the reflection in her eyes
Old 2004-06-11, 15:24   Link #3365
JOJOS'STAR
*Artist

HoboGod(Hobo will be taking back that title very soon ^^) Your mind is as corrupted as mine. In diffrent ways..
8.2/10 Needs more Art in it though. Oh yeah and people will wonder who you are when they read my post since your last 3 will be deleted as soon as a Mod gets here. Anyway try to rate next time.

kakashilion Nice. Quality is good. 8.6/10
Old 2004-06-11, 15:31   Link #3366
mantidor
the Iniquitous

Send a message via Yahoo to mantidor
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakashilion

Lucifer? ...
what? that has to be him... Im talking about lucifer from angel sanctuary *pointing av and sig* see the eye? the four wings? the cool hair? thats why I think is lucifer...

hobogod: I don't like it that much 5/10 but the message is nice... still the sig is to big and the gif doesn't get along with the quote IMO
Old 2004-06-11, 20:59   Link #3367
HoboGod
Necromancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOJOS'STAR
HoboGod(Hobo will be taking back that title very soon ^^) Your mind is as corrupted as mine. In diffrent ways..
i take back nothing!

Quote:
Needs more Art in it though. Oh yeah and people will wonder who you are when they read my post since your last 3 will be deleted as soon as a Mod gets here. Anyway try to rate next time.
gah, another vauge suggestion.... please be more specific.

well, if you think it is so unorthidox to ask for suggestions only in this thread, might i ask you what thread would better fit such a request? I have more skill in creating art than i do in judging it, i prefer not to rate things. and i most certainly do not enjoy creating threads for something that is probably more suited for a thread like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakashilion
you killed Kirby... what did he ever do to you.
I love kirby games. one of the things i enjoyed most about them are the cinemas when kirby gets hurt in the cutest ways. as a kid, i always laughed my eyes out.

Quote:
the sig is to big and the gif doesn't get along with the quote IMO
the quote has nothing to do with the gif, just a favorite quote, so that doesn't matter. but do you have any suggestions on how I can make my sig smaller without making the gif unreadable? i already changed the text size on the quote to the smallest possible. :\

EDIT: okay, i made it a bit smaller by taking off the quote tags, which looks better:

Spoiler:

-----OR-----

Spoiler:

Last edited by HoboGod; 2004-06-11 at 21:16.
Old 2004-06-11, 21:24   Link #3368
mantidor
the Iniquitous

Send a message via Yahoo to mantidor
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoboGod
i take back nothing!

gah, another vauge suggestion.... please be more specific.

well, if you think it is so unorthidox to ask for suggestions only in this thread, might i ask you what thread would better fit such a request? I have more skill in creating art than i do in judging it, i prefer not to rate things. and i most certainly do not enjoy creating threads for something that is probably more suited for a thread like this.

I love kirby games. one of the things i enjoyed most about them are the cinemas when kirby gets hurt in the cutest ways. as a kid, i always laughed my eyes out.

the quote has nothing to do with the gif, just a favorite quote, so that doesn't matter. but do you have any suggestions on how I can make my sig smaller without making the gif unreadable? i already changed the text size on the quote to the smallest possible. :\

EDIT: okay, i made it a bit smaller by taking off the quote tags, which looks better:

Spoiler:

-----OR-----

Spoiler:
now is much better! 7/10

I was not talking about the message! I like both of them. i was saying that the gif as a picture and the quote didn't look good together, probably it was too big.

You can ask anyone to shrink the gif (in the workshop), or you can make the text quote an image to put right next to the gif, well just a sugestion...

and rate someone for god's sake!
Old 2004-06-11, 21:47   Link #3369
HoboGod
Necromancer

Quote:
I was not talking about the message! I like both of them. i was saying that the gif as a picture and the quote didn't look good together, probably it was too big.

You can ask anyone to shrink the gif (in the workshop), or you can make the text quote an image to put right next to the gif, well just a sugestion...

and rate someone for god's sake!
it would be about 100x easier to shrink it myself considering i made it myself and I have the psd file. =P but i don't think i can make it much smaller if i want to keep the initial text "Logic will get you killed" in a text size that is easy to read.

as for making the quote text into a gif, i would rather not contribute to slower web page loading for dial-up users. i used dial-up when i was younger, the habbits and taboos i made there sticked with me. but thanks for the suggestions, keep em coming if there is anything you think needs tweeking. ^_^

heh... rate somebody eh? okay, i give 10/10 to kakashilion, i like how the picture looks hand drawn, reminds me of the pictures i browse through on elfwood.lysator.liu.se/

i also give 10/10 to everyone who doesn't use those cliche psychedelic backrounds
Old 2004-06-11, 23:47   Link #3370
Slade
Coordinated Insanity

Send a message via AIM to Slade
HoboGod- Lesson of the week is it? It goes with your pink puff theme you've got going on there. 8/10

kakashilion- I bit tall I think. The artwork is not really to my liking but the coloring is done nicely. 7.5/10

JOJOS'STAR
- Target Lock On. Groupe Mode Initiated. 9/10

Biohazard- I like both but still your current one gets a 10/10 because it's a really classic one that I noticed a long time ago and said "wooooo". the new one gets a good 9/10

ArcHawk- Very cool, I really should watch BakuTen. I hear many good things about it. 9/10

I'm trying a bit of simple animation with this one, it won't be around for long, just trying to capture one of my favorite moments in this manwha series with this signature.
Old 2004-06-12, 02:38   Link #3371
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketsu-Kun
Jojo, ph33r the crosshair. 7.8/10.

Mantidor, 6.8/10. It's a bit too boring and slightly overblurred (Unintentionally?) in my opinion.

Thany, 8/10.

PriestessKikyo - 5/10, needs improving.

ArcHawk, 8/10 - Nice.

sarcasteak, w00tage and a nice 9/10.

It's Kirby, Kirby is inherently cool. Killing Kirby is even cooler, 8/10. =P

aahhsin, your signature is far worse then anything I've seen so far. 1.1/10

*gasp* 10/10 for both the Haruka/Ed sigs... the others are mere 9/10s

keep up the shockingly astoundingly good work.
Old 2004-06-12, 02:56   Link #3372
JOJOS'STAR
*Artist

Quote:
hmmmm, hey, slade, have you ever thought about making the text in your gif move slowly across the image or grow larger over time? it would give the illusion of sound if this is something that somebody is saying.
Again?? Lol you didn't get it right !? Didn't you realised that every post in this thread as some numbers in it ? I don't wish to be mean realy but dude Rating is not an option in this thread. And I don't understand why the Mods don't edit it? Well..you are lucky ^^

Ketsu-kun I remember when we hade agressive negociations discussing about Jappi's faith. The sig you had then was this one:

I think you should keep that one. It represent a style very funny and peaceful to watch in anime, the cartoons of anime ^^
9.4/10
Old 2004-06-12, 08:05   Link #3373
HoboGod
Necromancer

Quote:
Again?? Lol you didn't get it right !? Didn't you realised that every post in this thread as some numbers in it ? I don't wish to be mean realy but dude Rating is not an option in this thread. And I don't understand why the Mods don't edit it? Well..you are lucky ^^
if the point of rating signatures is to encourage improvement, then i think i'm doing that. i personally do not like to rate one form of art over another, it sickens me to say that one thing deserves more apreciation than something else.

if the point of rating signatures is to feed a person's ego who needlessly flaunts a signature, then you all are horrible people who starve acceptance.

I like to be a pessimist from time to time, but i'd rather view something related to creativity as something meaningful. you decide, you could tell me the first is true and respect that i'm giving constructive encouragement, or you could tell me the second is true and that i'm wasting my time in the wrong thread.
Old 2004-06-12, 10:55   Link #3374
Darkforce
The Dark Alchemist

Well I'm not gonna post comments on all 169 pages... I'm a newbie here and havn't browsed them yet.

I'll offer my constructive comments on everything on this page though, no grade or marks mind:

Ketsu-Kun - Nice work. Foregorund characers are sharp and of good quality... I've got mixed opinions about the backgrounds but in general they work and looks pretty good (I prefer the keitaro one the most in terms of bg). One thing I'd recommend is to improve the text in your sigs...they're all kind bland IMO.

ArcHawk - I see a faint name on the sig so I dunno if someone else made it but either way I like it; the border and flower placement work really well.

Biohazard - (The purple one) I don't like the cutouts around the edges and again I think the text could be better (I think it'd work better on the right where that gap is to be honest), the dig the colours though.

kakashilion - Fine but you really need to cut your sig size down...100kb isn't too bad but you could get it to less than half of that by cutting the sig up and saving the non-animated bit as a .jpg.

JOJOS'STAR - I really love the avatar and I like your logo...the sig seems a little plain otherwise.

mantidor - Great work...just not too keen on the background in your sig.

HoboGod - The sig image seems more like an avatar to be honest... nothing eyebrow raising about it to be honest but at least you managed kept the filesize down.

Slade - Nice ava...the sig's great and I like the fact that it's in black and white, not only for effect but it keeps the file size down.

hobobaggins - Curious sig, that's about all I can say... I'm intrigued with what the rest of the image might look like.

Anyone care to comment on mine please? (p.s I have more work on my site...click on the sig, it's kinda old though).

Old 2004-06-12, 11:25   Link #3375
Slade
Coordinated Insanity

Send a message via AIM to Slade
Quote:
if the point of rating signatures is to encourage improvement, then i think i'm doing that. i personally do not like to rate one form of art over another, it sickens me to say that one thing deserves more apreciation than something else.

if the point of rating signatures is to feed a person's ego who needlessly flaunts a signature, then you all are horrible people who starve acceptance.

I like to be a pessimist from time to time, but i'd rather view something related to creativity as something meaningful. you decide, you could tell me the first is true and respect that i'm giving constructive encouragement, or you could tell me the second is true and that i'm wasting my time in the wrong thread.
I'll have to agree with most of the points HoboGod makes here although I don't find it feeding a person's ego when I give good ratings. it's just showing that there really is/isn't a great room for improvement as it is.

A very pessimistic view indeed as I think they're nothing wrong with some praise here and there, I myself take notice more of people that rate my things harshly as it shows me it can be made much better.

As for your no number grading/suggestion style, it's the same as what Slade xTekno does and I think it's fine. I did take notice of your comments on my signature and the reason why I can't use those techniques is that it would take too many frames, too many frames mean a very large file size which this forum does not allow.

Quote:
do you use photoshop? if so, you can reduce the filesize DRAMATICALLY without decreasing quality if you reduce the number of max colors in the optimize settings. with a black and white image, all you really need is black, white, and a few shades of gray, so 8 or 16 colors woulld work fine for your sig.
Aye, it's set on 16 colors and I tried black and white and 8 colors but they just looked down right terrible.

Darkforce- The colors work well together and I like the transparency you used on edward there. The font is very "Full Metal Alchemist" ish and very cool. I don't really like the dark clouds in the background but there's just a minor taste difference. 9.5/10

Last edited by Slade; 2004-06-12 at 11:38.
Old 2004-06-12, 11:33   Link #3376
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Darkforce - Superb cropping-job with the Ed picture, fitting background, simplistic design overall, and excellent name text; I see no fault. 10/10

Ketsu-Kun - I'd use either the Rin, Shippon, or Keitaro; all three look good to me. I'd personally use Rin, though...

Quote:
Or you can just follow the rules of this thread and rate/comment on others' sigs. You don't really have to rate with a score, but you do need to comment on others' sig. If you want to receive, you need to give first. If you don't like that, then yes, you are in the wrong thread.

People do ask for improvements; after a few back-and-forth discussions between me and Thany regarding his avatar, he simply moved on to PMs since the discussion was about his only. Same concept applies here: if you want to more suggestions and inputs on improving your sig, then you can either start commenting on others' sig first or go into details with others using PMs.

Quote:
No, we aren't starving for acceptance, but yes, we are flaunting our pretty sigs.

I honestly find it much more enjoyable to comment on other people sigs and give them suggestions than hearing what they have to say about mine, although I'd be lying if I claim I'm not happy to hear others like mine as well. If I am actually using the sig, that means I like it; I am my toughest critic, and my own approval matters more to me. So no, not everyone posts here with that attitude of yours and want to be showered by attention and praises.
Old 2004-06-12, 11:33   Link #3377
HoboGod
Necromancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slade
I did take notice of your comments on my signature and the reason why I can't use those techniques is that it would take too many frames, too many frames mean a very large file size which this forum does not allow.
do you use photoshop? if so, you can reduce the filesize DRAMATICALLY without decreasing quality if you reduce the number of max colors in the optimize settings. with a black and white image, all you really need is black, white, and a few shades of gray, so 8 or 16 colors woulld work fine for your sig.

EDIT:

Quote:
Or you can just follow the rules of this thread and rate/comment on others' sigs. You don't really have to rate with a score, but you do need to comment on others' sig. If you want to receive, you need to give first. If you don't like that, then yes, you are in the wrong thread.
what rules? i see no formal set of rules for this thread and i assumed it would be a good place to ask for improvement suggestions. i posted in this thread to ask if there was anything that could use improvement in my signature. would you honestly rather i make an entirely new thread about improvement suggestions on a single signature that is subject to change?

Quote:
People do ask for improvements; after a few back-and-forth discussions between me and Thany regarding his avatar, he simply moved on to PMs since the discussion was about his only. Same concept applies here: if you want to more suggestions and inputs on improving your sig, then you can either start commenting on others' sig first or go into details with others using PMs.
well, i'm sure that is all good and well for others who are seeking aproval. I for one am seeking disaproval. I think there is something missing in my sig, so i ask for help. if you like, i can spend the next couple days giving bad ratings to people's signatures that post here if that is how you suggest i get the attention i'm asking for....

as for the PM suggestions, unless it is apparent only one person really cares or if the debate is HORRIBLY off topic, then i don't use PMs.

Quote:
No, we aren't starving for acceptance, but yes, we are flaunting our pretty sigs.

I honestly find it much more enjoyable to comment on other people sigs and give them suggestions than hearing what they have to say about mine, although I'd be lying if I claim I'm not happy to hear others like mine as well. If I am actually using the sig, that means I like it; I am my toughest critic, and my own approval matters more to me. So no, not everyone posts here with that attitude of yours and want to be showered by attention and praises.
-_-.... i wasn't expecting anyone to actually agree with that comment. i was hoping that people STRONGLY dissagreed with it. i hate people that create something only to show off. when i created this little gif, i was hoping to make a picture that i could use for a while. so, naturally, it bugs the hell out of me that something doesn't look perfect. i don't care if people don't like kirby, i don't care if people hate it. i just want suggestions so that I ALONE can enjoy looking at it. I hope that all artists have that mind set. and i would rather believe that people only post here to see if there is anything to do to improve their art.

Last edited by HoboGod; 2004-06-12 at 12:24.
Old 2004-06-12, 13:11   Link #3378
MikoKikyo

Hobo, you want suggestions, what I'd suggest is to uncenter all that stuff, just move the pic and the writing over to the left. I think it would look beter in the far left corner of the page than in the middle. As for the image itself, I don't like animated stuff too much (because some people like me are too zoned out to pay attention to animation) but I think the paradoxical message is kinda funny ^^

Quote:
i personally do not like to rate one form of art over another, it sickens me to say that one thing deserves more apreciation than something else.
Yes... very true. There are many different art forms, not everyone has good eyes for them all, and you end up being subjected to anyone's poor envisionment when you post here. That's why you shouldn't take ratings too seriously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aahhsin
It's so ugly it makes the elephant man look good.
It's so ugly, i rather sniff the toejam in my feet then take a look at it
aahhsin I don't care if you think my sig is the u-g-l-i-e-s-t thing in the world, or if you're just a jackass who deliberately grades down ppl's stuff for whatever reasons, but please, PLEASE spare me from such lousy jokes

Darkforce - very nice background and the text looks cool too. He looks a bit blurry 8.5/10
Old 2004-06-12, 15:51   Link #3379
Ketsu-Kun
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Ketsu-Kun Send a message via MSN to Ketsu-Kun
Darkforce and Slade, both of you get 8/10. - Not quite sure why, but something tells me they both deserve that number.

While I was looking for Tenjou Tenge CG (Which I failed in) I got bored and quickly made a RoD TV signature, any comments?

Old 2004-06-12, 15:58   Link #3380
K9Platnum685
Dark Hadou Master

Send a message via AIM to K9Platnum685
First one 8/10

Second one 8/10
Closed Thread

Tags
rate, signature