AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-08-16, 19:35   Link #33841
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shigan View Post
Lutecia-on-a-seduction-mission-runs-into-Takamachi-family bunny is a very happy one .
Currently the only problem with that is I don't know how to play it for humor when Nanoha sees it, even if Vivio is totally okay with what's going on.
Old 2011-08-16, 19:40   Link #33842
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Currently the only problem with that is I don't know how to play it for humor when Nanoha sees it, even if Vivio is totally okay with what's going on.
And that's exactly how you play it for humour. Nanoha gets all worked up about it, but Vivio's totally chill.

Nanoha: Lutecia? But... wha? She's... Vivio!
Vivio: Oh, that. No biggy. Pass the bread sticks please.
Old 2011-08-16, 20:09   Link #33843
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Location: Place of rocks and trees, and trees and rocks...and water.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shigan View Post
Oooh, that's a good one. We need more Lindy. This woman completely eludes my write for some reason.

You know, when I think of it, where would Lindy be rank wise compared to Hayate? Would she actually be able to flex her military rank at all since Hayate's the CDC? Because by the time of StrikerS, Lindy is more or less an admiral without a ship, which says a lot really.
Hm, I should probably pen Lindy in more . I'll wait to see what RB decides to do though, so I don't overlap by accident!

Wouldn't they be in different military branches anyway? But I wouldn't think that being the CDC Commander is the highest rank one can get in the Ground Forces, while Admiral seems to be the highest rank for the Navy? =O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
Of course, it probably doesn't help that my muse is running around like a hyper-active genki-girl, yours is Tsundere and gloomy, so, what's about RB's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiroi mahotsukai View Post
Sitting in a corner muttering to itself, rising up once every few months or so before sinking back into blissful reverie?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Short version: Kuudere.
We have a whole sit-com of muse-characters now!

Quote:
Depending on how you play it, yeah, I can see some issues...if Nanoha hasn't warmed up much to Lutecia at this point, I can't think of how this would help Nanoha's opinion of her ...if Nanoha and Lutecia are getting along better, then Nanoha wouldn't really have a strong reaction that could be funny.

At the risk of making Nanoha seem too much of the "straight man", maybe you could have Fate play off of Nanoha's reaction to get humour at the end if you're stuck? Or maybe the fact that Nanoha doesn't have a strong reaction could be part of the humour?
deathcurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-16, 20:36   Link #33844
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcurse View Post
We have a whole sit-com of muse-characters now!
Nanya-muse: But, deaaaatthhhhy-chaaaaan! This painting you painted is so dark and gloomy! It must be the reason you don't wanna come out and play.
Deathcurse-muse: *Hits Nanya-muse with a book.* Why don't you go and read the sparkles and leave my paintings alone?
Nanya-muse: But I don't like sparkles. Unless it's on Major Armstrong. *Sighs*
RadiantBeam-muse: ...If you two don't calm down, we're going to have the whole neighborhood after us.
Deathcurse-muse: *Throws a potato chip at RB-muse*
Nanya-muse: *Glomps DC-muse* But I wanted a potato chip! *looks at DC-muse's hands and eats the one there.*
RadiantBeam-muse: You took a potato chip... And ate it.
Deathcurse-muse: *Blushing* Darn it! Both of you, stop it! You're too friendly! *Pushes off Nanya-muse* And you! Stop watching my collection of Death Note already!

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-16, 20:55   Link #33845
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Depending on how you play it, yeah, I can see some issues...if Nanoha hasn't warmed up much to Lutecia at this point, I can't think of how this would help Nanoha's opinion of her ...if Nanoha and Lutecia are getting along better, then Nanoha wouldn't really have a strong reaction that could be funny.

At the risk of making Nanoha seem too much of the "straight man", maybe you could have Fate play off of Nanoha's reaction to get humour at the end if you're stuck? Or maybe the fact that Nanoha doesn't have a strong reaction could be part of the humour?
I was planning to make Fate the straight man, honestly, since for some reason she seems like she'd be the calmer of the two when it comes to this kind of thing. I guess maybe if I try and play it from the angle of Nanoha trusting her daughter's word, it would be believable that she wouldn't get too worked up about it (though I could still see her saying to Vivio "Doesn't this bother you at all?" and Vivio being all "Meh, she's not even trying."). I mean, I don't see Lutecia and Nanoha having a horrible relationship, they'll just never see completely eye to eye on things.
Old 2011-08-16, 21:14   Link #33846
shiroi mahotsukai
Under Death by College
*Author

Quote:
Nanya-muse: But, deaaaatthhhhy-chaaaaan! This painting you painted is so dark and gloomy! It must be the reason you don't wanna come out and play.
Deathcurse-muse: *Hits Nanya-muse with a book.* Why don't you go and read the sparkles and leave my paintings alone?
RadiantBeam-muse: ...If you two don't calm down, we're going to have the whole neighborhood after us.
Nanya-muse: *Glomps DC-muse* But I wanted a potato chip! *looks at DC-muse's hands and eats the one there.*
Deathcurse-muse: *Blushing* Darn it! Both of you, stop it! You're too friendly! *Pushes off Nanya-muse* And you! Stop watching my collection of Death Note already!
God, the inspiration for this came for beings whose sole prupose is to inspire the writers who inspired their creation to be inspired to write fics... my head hurts.
"There are no winners or losers, there are only the living and the dead."
shiroi mahotsukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-16, 21:18   Link #33847
Shigan
Forever a Journey

Quote:
I was planning to make Fate the straight man, honestly, since for some reason she seems like she'd be the calmer of the two when it comes to this kind of thing. I guess maybe if I try and play it from the angle of Nanoha trusting her daughter's word, it would be believable that she wouldn't get too worked up about it (though I could still see her saying to Vivio "Doesn't this bother you at all?" and Vivio being all "Meh, she's not even trying."). I mean, I don't see Lutecia and Nanoha having a horrible relationship, they'll just never see completely eye to eye on things.
You could have Fate actually be initially surprised, then adapt, and then start to compliment Lutecia's skills while observing the events. I mean, being an investigator and all she could probably use the study.

Nanoha I have no idea xD.
Never stop being a kid. Never stop feeling and seeing and being excited with great things like air and engines and sounds of sunlight within you. Wear your little mask if you must to protect you from the world but if you let that kid disappear you are grown up and you are dead.
— Richard Bach

Shigan's Fanfiction Masterlist -- The Hayate x Vivio Files
Shigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-16, 21:31   Link #33848
Craxuan
Crax
*Author

Quote:
Oh wow, imagining actually made me cringe, in a good way. Death from too much cuteness! xD

Quote:
Hm, I should probably pen Lindy in more . I'll wait to see what RB decides to do though, so I don't overlap by accident!
I did want to write on her in my story, but for some reason her major (kinda) role in one scene somehow faded after I decided to cut off certain parts... A slippery character to write.
Old 2011-08-16, 22:33   Link #33849
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

I see that once again my post goes unacknowledged.

So it's time to open the doors:

Door #3 got the most so that's what I did.

This fic takes place between season 1 and A's, and focuses on Fate adjusting to, and her doubts about, her new situation. It's also about how her and Yuuno became friends. I had actually posted the first bit of it ages ago but no one read it then.

Was gonna go into Fate's trial but it ended up being longer than expected and I didn't start that part before the week started. I'll just do it as a chapter 2.

Spoiler for My Second Friend:

So then, Yasanagi, you get to pick what I do for next week. You can request a new fic if you'd like, or I could tell you some of the plot bunnies I have. MnJ and RotDK aren't eligable since I updated them recently.
Old 2011-08-16, 22:52   Link #33850
Yasanagi
A Drifter...
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Yasanagi
In that case, I'll take more Hayate/Yuuno with Three's Company.

Thanks to 00-Raiser for hooking me up with the sig!
Yasanagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-16, 22:52   Link #33851
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Location: Place of rocks and trees, and trees and rocks...and water.
Quote:
LOL! Must...resist....urge....to....write.....meta-crack-fic ......

Quote:
It probably depends on where in the scale of "Serious" to "Crack" you decide to make the short . If you do the "Crack" side, you've got more options. The "Serious" side limits what you could plausibly do...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craxuan View Post
I did want to write on her in my story, but for some reason her major (kinda) role in one scene somehow faded after I decided to cut off certain parts... A slippery character to write.
I tend to only write Lindy in association with her children , since she's a tough character to work with on her own, since we don't know that much about her personality.
deathcurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-16, 23:03   Link #33852
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post

This fic takes place between season 1 and A's, and focuses on Fate adjusting to, and her doubts about, her new situation. It's also about how her and Yuuno became friends. I had actually posted the first bit of it ages ago but no one read it then.

Was gonna go into Fate's trial but it ended up being longer than expected and I didn't start that part before the week started. I'll just do it as a chapter 2.

So then, Yasanagi, you get to pick what I do for next week. You can request a new fic if you'd like, or I could tell you some of the plot bunnies I have. MnJ and RotDK aren't eligable since I updated them recently.
By the time they are in StrikerS, they'll be a good husband and wife.

Yuuno: Hey, I think Vivio has your eyes
Fate: Really? I thought she has yours'
Both: She even has our blonde hair....
(seconds past)

Hmm, I guess I'll vote for Three's Company.

Oh, one more thing, please finish the good ending for "Steps", because it's just too tragic at just providing a bad end without a good end (and somehow it feels a bit incomplete without it). xD

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-16, 23:06   Link #33853
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasanagi View Post
In that case, I'll take more Hayate/Yuuno with Three's Company.
I figured that's what would have been unanimously decided upon if I had made it an open vote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Hmm, I guess I'll vote for Three's Company.
You don't get to vote This time the ball was totally in Yasanagi's court.
Old 2011-08-16, 23:09   Link #33854
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
I figured that's what would have been unanimously decided upon if I had made it an open vote.

You don't get to vote This time the ball was totally in Yasanagi's court.
Curses, foiled again!

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-16, 23:16   Link #33855
Yasanagi
A Drifter...
*Author

Damn, I totally forgot about that Vivio/Yuuno series! Can I switch my vote? It doesn't matter to me either way but I'm interested in seeing some sort of positive closure for that fic since it feels closer to completion than Three's Company.

Old 2011-08-16, 23:23   Link #33856
Yasanagi
A Drifter...
*Author

Spoiler for Kaiser Mom Bonus Update:

Old 2011-08-16, 23:26   Link #33857
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
Damn, I totally forgot about that Vivio/Yuuno series! Can I switch my vote? It doesn't matter to me either way but I'm interested in seeing some sort of positive closure for that fic since it feels closer to completion than Three's Company.
Sure, you can switch it. And yeah, there would only be 1 more chapter in that and it's done (I put it behind door #4). Even if the series is a flop I always intended on finishing it.

To be honest part of the reason I left it up to you this time was because you were the most likely to ask for it

Keikaku doori.

Note: keikaku means 'plan'
Old 2011-08-17, 00:37   Link #33858
Craxuan
Crax
*Author

Quote:

Probably could only say well written. Everything went according to script, nothing out of the ordinary.

Quote:
I seriously do not get the last part. What wish? What candy?
Old 2011-08-17, 05:09   Link #33859
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:

Dunno what to say, that was nice and believable on Fate's fears.

Quote:
LOL! Must...resist....urge....to....write.....meta-crack-fic ......
Nanya-muse: *Glomps Deathcurse-muse* Doitdoitdoitdoitdoit!
Deathcurse-muse: Why? You know I love tragedy.
Nanya-muse: But if we go get Moczo-muse, your tragedy will be hilarious!
Deathcurse-muse: Hmm... Moczo-muse is funny.
Nanya-muse: We have to be careful though... Moczo-muse is being swamped by evil corporate meanies!
Deathcurse-muse: Fine. ... Could you let go now?
Nanya-muse: No snuggle time? *Pouts*
Deathcurse-muse: No snuggle time.
Nanya-muse: Drat!

Quote:
Heh... Well, that's ONE thing to say to your clone.

At least Olivie didn't go "I shall call her... Mini-Me!"

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-17, 05:37   Link #33860
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

Quote:
Wish you had said "Olivie Segbrecht, at your service", and let Vivio say "They call me Vivio" so that we could have had a Crysis joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craxuan View Post
I seriously do not get the last part. What wish? What candy?
Vivio's wish back in number nine.

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
WarpObscura is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha