AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2019-07-15, 09:55   Link #321
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

The BD is announced for November 5: for those of us who don’t have the luxury of flying to Japan for movies, we have a tangible date to look forwards to now.
Old 2019-11-08, 05:04   Link #322
Sheba
Shitpost Gremlin

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
In a weird twist of fate, Yoshiyuki Tomino ,of Gundam fame, have praised Liz and The Blue Bird. Something a lot of us in this community, who have seen the bitter grudge fanned by some people since 12~13 years, would have never believed to happen.
Old 2019-11-09, 10:06   Link #323
Marina2

Official website has announced the new release date for BD/DVD: 26 FEB 2020.
Old 2019-11-09, 10:47   Link #324
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Did they provide any reason for why there would be a change in the release date for the BDs?
Old 2019-11-09, 11:50   Link #325
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite Zenith View Post
Did they provide any reason for why there would be a change in the release date for the BDs?
Umm....you heard about arson attack right?

They are also re-releasing the film in cinemas right now.
Old 2019-11-09, 21:24   Link #326
shanimebib
Neo Venezia-jin

And according to Takeda's tweet, the work on Hibike! Euphonium 3 (if it is a TV series i.e.) could well be resumed. :')

Incidentally, her tweet came after she participated in the Hibike! Kyoto kara Sekai e event dedicated to fans all over the world who poured their all in support of the studio after that incident.
Old 2019-11-09, 22:29   Link #327
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Umm....you heard about arson attack right?

They are also re-releasing the film in cinemas right now.
The latter is plausible and likely the case, whereas the former is a massive subjective leap in reasoning.
Old 2019-11-16, 05:55   Link #328
Liddo-kun
is this so?

finished watching Liz to Aoi Tori today. It's good. I like the new animation style.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-17, 22:56   Link #329
Marina2

Not sure how, but the film is already floating around on internet in HD. Even though the release date is the end of next month.
Old 2020-01-22, 12:50   Link #330
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Not sure how, but the film is already floating around on internet in HD. Even though the release date is the end of next month.
It’s possible that someone leaked it.
Old 2020-02-29, 23:31   Link #331
Archon_Wing
Did nothing wrong
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Hey, welcome back!

As for the intro, it is pretty, and now to start out with some memes.

(just the first part, will post more as we go along)
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-01, 20:55   Link #332
Friday
Im shy too...

well.....will there be another movie(they don't succed) or a series(they succed)?
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-28, 03:50   Link #333
deadite

It's a shame they took out many subplots from the novel like the new Contrabass and new Trumpet.
deadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-02, 09:27   Link #334
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

I finished this movie a few days ago. It's a fantasic, if slightly condensed experience, and Kyoto Animation really took things to the next level with their visuals: Chikai no Finale looks even better than its predecessors, and that's saying something. A few things to note:
  • The Westermarck Effect does NOT come into play anywhere in the series. When season one aired, someone decided they'd play armchair psychologist and try and predict the characters' relationships with a discredited theory, but Shūichi's kokuhaku with Kumiko right at the beginning shows that after all this time, romantic feelings endured. Outcome: real-world psychology is not always useful in predicting character actions, which unfold based on what the theme requires, and therefore can result in unproductive speculation.
  • Kumiko's flower hairclip makes no appearance in this movie. During the season two discussions, someone claimed that hanakotoba was needed to understand Kumiko or something similar, along with working knowledge of Japanese folklore and fairy tales. If it were so important that this one symbol represented something significant, then it would've made another appearance, but it didn't in Chikai no Finale. Outcome: Kyoto Animation's framings and closeups are not intended to imply certain objects have symbolic value, they're just there to really accentuate how rich and detailed their worlds are. Needlessly analysing symbols that aren't actually symbols results in a degraded experience.
Old 2020-04-03, 09:59   Link #335
deadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite Zenith View Post
I finished this movie a few days ago. It's a fantasic, if slightly condensed experience, and Kyoto Animation really took things to the next level with their visuals: Chikai no Finale looks even better than its predecessors, and that's saying something. A few things to note:
  • The Westermarck Effect does NOT come into play anywhere in the series. When season one aired, someone decided they'd play armchair psychologist and try and predict the characters' relationships with a discredited theory, but Shūichi's kokuhaku with Kumiko right at the beginning shows that after all this time, romantic feelings endured. Outcome: real-world psychology is not always useful in predicting character actions, which unfold based on what the theme requires, and therefore can result in unproductive speculation.
  • Kumiko's flower hairclip makes no appearance in this movie. During the season two discussions, someone claimed that hanakotoba was needed to understand Kumiko or something similar, along with working knowledge of Japanese folklore and fairy tales. If it were so important that this one symbol represented something significant, then it would've made another appearance, but it didn't in Chikai no Finale. Outcome: Kyoto Animation's framings and closeups are not intended to imply certain objects have symbolic value, they're just there to really accentuate how rich and detailed their worlds are. Needlessly analysing symbols that aren't actually symbols results in a degraded experience.
Kumiko was wearing it during her date and it shows up again when Kumiko returns it to Shuuichi in the end.

There were also 2 second years who didn't make the auditions again, and I felt bad for them. Hope third time's the charm.
deadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-03, 10:06   Link #336
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Then, that just shows Kyoto Animation's attention to detail. My point still stands: hanakotoba is unimportant, says nothing about Kumiko's character and not a requisite for a full understanding or enjoyment of the movie.
Old 2020-04-15, 03:15   Link #337
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

When given the choice, will you be the blue bird who wants the rest of her days with a newfound friend, or the girl who eventually would give her friend the freedom she deserves?

Liz and the Blue Bird was quite the story-in-a-story. The soft-spoken Mizore and the free-spirited Nozomi find themselves struggling as their solos in the Third Movement of "Liz and the Blue Bird" exposed their hidden troubles. Mizore saw herself as wanting to set Nozomi free after seeing her having fun with her fellow flutists. On the other hand, she was unaware that Nozomi was also thinking about how she was holding back Mizore's talent in the oboe. As the movie explored the story of Liz and the Blue Bird, it also showed how the two girls settled their issues, not by just letting go of each other, but by flying together.

The Third Movement performance moved me to tears. It reminded me of the tough choice Liz had to make for the Blue Bird's sake through the emotional performance of Nozomi and Mizore. Thankfully, it didn't have to end up with the girls moving on from their friendship.

Liz and the Blue Bird was a heartful story about the bonds of friendship and truly one of the reasons why I continue to watch stories portrayed by Kyoto Animation.

ENTRY #363 GET.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-21, 22:18   Link #338
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

I watched these two movies the last couple days since I had some free time... and now I'm just kicking myself for not doing so earlier. This just reminded me how much I love this series... and how much of a void it left after it was over. Damnit KyoAni, I had just gotten over the trauma from the name drop at the end of S2 :S
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-06, 19:53   Link #339
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I just had an evening of binging Kyoto Animation films. I liked A Silent Voice the most, but also enjoyed watching Chikai no Finale. Hope it's not really the "finale." Certainly the end of the movie suggested another installment about Kumiko and company's senior year.

I liked Liz and the Bluebird but not as much as the other two. It moved too slowly for me. In contrast, Chikai no Finale moved too fast. I could have watched another fifteen minutes or so of preparation for the qualifier.

Now I'm going to go back and re-watch the series. Haven't done so in quite some time.

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2020-12-07 at 12:17.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-06, 20:06   Link #340
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I just had an evening of binging Kyoto Animation films. I liked A Silent Voice the most, but also enjoyed watching Chikai no Finale. Hope it's not really the "finale." Certainly the end of the movie suggested another installment about Fumiko and company's senior year.

I liked Liz and the Bluebird but not as much as the other two. It moved too slowly for me. In contrast, Chikai no Finale moved too fast. I could have watched another fifteen minutes or so of preparation for the qualifier.

Now I'm going to go back and re-watch the series. Haven't done so in quite some time.
I'm not sure how much truth there is in what I heard, but I'm hoping it's true: ANN has suggested that a third season is in the works, focusing on Kumiko's time as a third year.

Tags
hibike euphonium, movie, music