AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-09-04, 17:52   Link #321
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Well then all that's left here is to watch the 4th arc of Kokoro Connect and see whether the character appears to be a rush job that was squeezed into the story due to extraneous circumstances.

I have to admit, they got everyone good with this joke.
Old 2012-09-04, 18:03   Link #322
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Grafting an unplanned role for Ichiki into the extra eps might have been the "least worst" option for Yamanaka at this point to avoid the continued public execution he's enduring. And if it ends up mitigating some of the damage Ichiki has been done by this whole fiasco, that's at least the tiniest bit if poetic justice.
Old 2012-09-04, 18:05   Link #323
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

That's why I said we'll have to look at that character's role in the story. If it fits in well with that arc, then it lends credence to the studio's claim that it was all a prank within a prank. If it appears to be a rush job that was hastily squeezed in at the last minute, then their claim becomes less believable.

Either way, I retain the same stance that it was indeed a joke, until further developments come along.
Old 2012-09-04, 19:27   Link #324
cyth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by frivolity View Post
If it fits in well with that arc, then it lends credence to the studio's claim that it was all a prank within a prank. If it appears to be a rush job that was hastily squeezed in at the last minute, then their claim becomes less believable.
You have to ask yourself who the jury is. The bias is already strong enough on both sides of the argument that observers will likely claim whatever fits their bill.

Which might bring about a bit of irony. If someone who thinks this wasn't a staged prank later says he feels like they did a rush job, he's basically saying the anime is bad or not worth the purchase of the latter discs. Basically, emotionally vested fans of the show have already set themselves up for disappointment. This is why I say the production committee deserves the sales "losses," and it demonstrates that the PR stunt has de facto destroyed the product, because no matter how they handle the quality of the anime, it's going to poop. People will say stupid otaku overreacted, but really the production committee deserves it.
Old 2012-09-05, 22:22   Link #325
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

I come back after several days without internet access and this is what I see...

On the topic of the incident itself, it's a disgraceful, tasteless, outrageous act. That is my position on this. All parties involved should learn a lesson from this scandal. Also, the later news about it being staged still seemed like a coverup to me. A last ditch effort to quench the flames still burning on the Internet.

Normally, this kind of event would've flown under my radar since I haven't even gotten around to starting Kokoro Connect yet, but seeing news that even my favorite seiyuu KitaEri, who was not even remotely related to this incident, was victimized makes me angry. What the hell?

In the end, this incident left her as one victim without a doubt. People who don't like her jumped at the chance from a pretext allowing them to vent their hate. As her fan, of course I just can't forgive something like that happening.

Even if, in all remote possibility that this really was all just a PR campaign gone horribly wrong, it just makes it worse that she became an unrelated victim from all of this.
Old 2012-09-06, 12:27   Link #326
Mistwrath
Always confused . . .

I doubt that this whole thing is staged, else why would the Eufonius group got shot in the first place ? It just reeks of people trying to cover shit up for the mountain of shit that is already out there.
Old 2012-09-07, 00:38   Link #327
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

So people were talking about boycotting the works of the creator of Kokoro Connect. Has that died down? Are people more forgiving now? This series seems good and I'd like to check it out, but I have a couple of questions: Will this series need a second season/more than one season to tell its story, and is the show in danger of not getting any more seasons due to the outrage from their prank that went awry?
Old 2012-09-07, 01:03   Link #328
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
So people were talking about boycotting the works of the creator of Kokoro Connect. Has that died down? Are people more forgiving now? This series seems good and I'd like to check it out, but I have a couple of questions: Will this series need a second season/more than one season to tell its story, and is the show in danger of not getting any more seasons due to the outrage from their prank that went awry?
They originally planned to boycott Kokoro Connect goods, and the goods related to the seiyuus invloved, the director, and kikuchi eufonius. Now I checked, it has mostly narrowed down to strictly anything related to Kokoro Connect (BD, DVD, OST, Drama CD, PSP). I don't know if they will still enact the boycott though. That's just the list of what to boycott.
Old 2012-09-07, 02:15   Link #329
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

I can understand the boycot, though. It's the best statement fans can make that they're displeased with how the staff handled the incident (regardless of whether it was staged or not). It sucks, but it's the production team's own fault for letting it come this far.

As it stands now, this whole incident has caused a massive backlash among fans, the staff is now looking for ways to put out the fire (apparently failing miserably at it), and innocent people (both related and unrelated to the show) have become victim of this supposedly harmless prank.

We may never know the real truth. I only hope they've learned a valuable lesson from this and that they (or anyone else) will think twice before pulling a stunt like this ever again.
Old 2012-09-07, 11:41   Link #330
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
I can understand the boycot, though. It's the best statement fans can make that they're displeased with how the staff handled the incident (regardless of whether it was staged or not). It sucks, but it's the production team's own fault for letting it come this far.
If someone is pissed enough I can understand the impulse to boycott the series itself and goods associated with Silver Link's connection to it, though the merits of doing so are debatable. What I can't understand is boycotting the LN creators who have nothing whatever to do with any of this, and Kitamura Eri just for being a personal favorite of the ringleader Yamanaka.

Last edited by Guardian Enzo; 2012-09-07 at 14:07.
Old 2012-09-07, 13:56   Link #331
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
If someone is pissed enough I can understand the impulse to boycott the series itself and good associated with Silver Link's connection to it, though the merits of doing so are debatable. What I can't understand is boycotting the LN creators who have nothing whatever to do with any of this, and Kitamura Eri just for being a personal favorite of the ringleader Yamanaka.
Are they boycotting Eri Kitamura, though? Did I miss that somewhere in this thread? I did read that a few 'fans' thought it would be amusing to spam her Twitter with obscene pictures for thinking she's the guy's personal whore, but do they actively go up and boycot anything she does now? And if so, how does this reflect on the 'real' fans, who were supposedly not taking part in the crusade against her?

Basically what I'm asking is, is it only this small group of morons who started hating on her, or have they managed to drag other people along with them?
Old 2012-09-07, 14:08   Link #332
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

It's hardly just "a few" because it was enough to get her to cancel her Twitter account. I'm not sure whether there's been a significant boycott of her work, but the personal harassment certainly reached a pretty serious level (and it's completely absurd).
Old 2012-09-07, 14:27   Link #333
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
It's hardly just "a few" because it was enough to get her to cancel her Twitter account. I'm not sure whether there's been a significant boycott of her work, but the personal harassment certainly reached a pretty serious level (and it's completely absurd).
Actually from what I understand it was "just a few" fans that were attacking her on her twitter. That certainly doesn't excuse what happened and I don't think we can put an amount on what is too much.

Obviously she felt harassed enough to leave twitter and that's enough. Even one person doing this is too much in my opinion.

Also the harassment was borderline misogynist in my mind.

Anyways to me there are fans who handled this whole thing properly and those who didn't. Unfortunately that happens a lot and the ones who didn't will give everyone a bad name.
Old 2012-09-07, 16:57   Link #334
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

From what I could find at that period of time before her account was deleted, there were like 5-6 non-jp people doing this, but something like 3-4 Japanese retweeting their pictures (essentially supporting them), while a good dozen Japanese were calling people to report the first 5-6.

That's really "just a few".
Old 2012-09-07, 21:20   Link #335
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

^ I thought it was 7? Seriously though, even a single person can do the "phallic move" in Twitter with the same effectiveness as long as there are retweeters who are willing to spread it around. It was like giving these Japanese boycotters a jug of Western petrol to spread the fire around.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2012-09-07, 21:52   Link #336
stormtrooper

The number didn't matter since the damage has been done. Kitamura is "done" on Twitter.
Old 2012-09-07, 23:38   Link #337
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Whatever the numbers are, I think we can all agree that it's a pathetic move against someone who didn't play any part in this.
Old 2012-09-08, 01:13   Link #338
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormtrooper View Post
The number didn't matter since the damage has been done. Kitamura is "done" on Twitter.
Twitter sucks anyways. People call it "Bakatter" at times because people that are known just sometimes can't keep their mouth shut. This whole incident started from Twitter. Izuru's idiocy was revealed on Twitter. And when idiots are at the top...
https://twitter.com/yosp/status/223684927693127680
Example.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2012-09-08, 14:50   Link #339
Dextro
He Without a Title

And now it looks like Kikuchi as stepped away from Euphonious according to ANN. I don't think it's directly related to the Kokoro Connect incident though.
Old 2012-09-08, 19:51   Link #340
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
And now it looks like Kikuchi as stepped away from Euphonious according to ANN. I don't think it's directly related to the Kokoro Connect incident though.
Shoumonai-nius desune!
Rather, it is probably VERY related, considering he was the one that lit the fire on the oil that was spilled by King Records.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Closed Thread