Voters: 326. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-12-13, 11:10   Link #321
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Send a message via AIM to OtseisRagnarok
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishimyu View Post
i think Sasuke is too obsessed with revenge and i think he's a little conceited, the whole time he's thinking about killing this person to avenge this person and so on and so forth....
Well, without this obsession, what is he? A regular, boring emo kid.... Would you rather watch a series with that as a major character?
I think Sasuke is good for what he is: Naruto's opposite.
OtseisRagnarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-14, 00:22   Link #322
EscapeAndBreakFree

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtseisRagnarok View Post
Well, without this obsession, what is he? A regular, boring emo kid.... Would you rather watch a series with that as a major character?
I think Sasuke is good for what he is: Naruto's opposite.

Naruto and Sasuke are oppisites. I believe Masashi Kishimito tried to represent the two of them using the red and blue oni.

The red oni, is associated with wildness, defiance, and fire. Often not to bright but enthusiastic, determined, and filled with zest for life.

The blue oni is an opposite of the red oni. The blue oni is more proud, intellectual, traditional, and cultureal {though sometimes more spirtual} and is associated with water.

Now guess which one describes Naruto and Sasuke! I think it's pretty obvious!
EscapeAndBreakFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-14, 09:58   Link #323
SuigetsuKun
Circus Clown

I see... and why does Sasuke now wear white clothes with a typical Akatsuki cloak?

What does it mean that Naruto more and more wears black combined with orange?
And instead of trying to impose on your mind, you adjust yourself to your opponent like water pressing on an earthen wall. It flows through the slightest crack. Running water never grows stale. So you just have to 'keep on flowing'. Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
http://forums.animesuki.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=83552&dateline=122831  7993
SuigetsuKun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-14, 10:16   Link #324
Kenshin_Uchiha
Kenjutsu God

Means nothing, it was just an update to the characters look.
Kenshin_Uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-14, 18:10   Link #325
ptoss1
Banned

omfg, i just realized how weak sasuke is.

he had cursed seal to make him physically stronger than naruto, then he had full body chidori, then he killed orochimaru and gained regenerative ability, then he killed itachi, but that was just a fluke and itachi was already weakened, proving itachi was indeed the strongest of the uchiha clan, he lost regenerative ability, he lost cursed seal, physically now weaker than naruto, gained mangekyo sharingan, but if continues to use it, he will become even weaker than before, without his eyesight, he can't use chidori,

current powers: lightning and fire attacks, limited use of mangekyou sharingan

physically: weaker than naruto, itachi,

Ps. i think itachi gave naruto the power to either control the 9 tailed fox, or to ward off the mangekyou sharingan

itachi was superior to sasuke in every single way
ptoss1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-14, 23:40   Link #326
Kishimyu
Inactive Member

I liked Sasuke in the beginning but i think he's just a very sad character now,
but Naruto continues to grow and is becoming a even more likable character

but it is very true that they are opposites, and it does make their relationship more interesting
Kishimyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 13:01   Link #327
lonewolf777
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptoss1 View Post

itachi was superior to sasuke in every single way
Well, yeah. Itachi LET Sasuke kill him. He was never trying to kill him, only trick him into killing him. Madara even said it 'If Itachi was trying, there's no way you would have been able to defeat him.' Meh. I don't know why Kishi is continuing on with the thing like Sasuke killed him - he didn't. Itachi killed himself.
lonewolf777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 13:03   Link #328
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf777 View Post
Well, yeah. Itachi LET Sasuke kill him. He was never trying to kill him, only trick him into killing him. Madara even said it 'If Itachi was trying, there's no way you would have been able to defeat him.' Meh. I don't know why Kishi is continuing on with the thing like Sasuke killed him - he didn't. Itachi killed himself.
Be that as it may, Sasuke wanted nothing more in the world to kill itachi. So he gets the credit for it. It helps him move on and develop as a character(Theoretically).
He hasn't really changed much, though.
Old 2008-12-15, 13:11   Link #329
lonewolf777
Disabled By Request

Right, and it's cuz he feels like a moron for it. He feels like an idiot that the whole time he wanted to kill the wrong guy, so now he wants more revenge. Kishimoto won't allow him to change because he's already in love with him as is (*rolls eyes*).
Old 2008-12-15, 14:57   Link #330
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Quote:
Right, and it's cuz he feels like a moron for it. He feels like an idiot that the whole time he wanted to kill the wrong guy, so now he wants more revenge. Kishimoto won't allow him to change because he's already in love with him as is (*rolls eyes*).
Not quite the reason, but you have the right idea. The whole point of the series this far was the concept of Sasuke and Naruto being opposites. Naruto is a character who keeps changing, whereas Sasuke never really does.
Old 2008-12-15, 16:10   Link #331
Kenshin_Uchiha
Kenjutsu God

Yeah hella weak, just two elements and sharingan, not even talking about ms and the forbiden jutsus. Suposedly he is stronger than naruto atm, because for the story to work naruto needs to be the underdog.
Old 2008-12-15, 19:02   Link #332
EscapeAndBreakFree

So how do you think the next fight between Naruto and Sasuke will turn out? By the looks of it, you aren;t rooting for Sasuke, so are you rooting for Naruto, or neither?
Old 2008-12-15, 20:30   Link #333
Gamma_Sennin

Firstly Sasuke is in no way weak... hes has obtained a power greater than curse seal... the only difference is he had 3 years to master that power... once he masters Tsyukomi/ametarasu and maybe susanoo he becomes a far superior ninja than he was before.. also how is he physically weak.. at the age of 12 he had speed equal with lee without his weights... he is still extremely fast with/without curse seal...

Remember he faced a Jinchuriki who's power surpasses all of the previous ones... and yes itachi let him win.. but I would imagine most ninja's would lose there lives attempting to kill both of them... so that is an unfair comparison... he has super speed, chidori variants, Kirin, MS,Fire Ninjutsu... his body may not be as durable... but his offensive fire power has increased immensely.. and if he learns susanoo... well then yea he receives the most hax deffensive jutsu for free

And in terms of the outcome of the next naruto/sasuke fight... I want him to use every overpowered sharingan jutsu available... Just to see the power naruto has gained defeat it.. and once and for all have a ninja that surpasses an uchiha... would be nice.. especially in his own manga
Gamma_Sennin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-16, 16:37   Link #334
lonewolf777
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtseisRagnarok View Post
Not quite the reason, but you have the right idea. The whole point of the series this far was the concept of Sasuke and Naruto being opposites. Naruto is a character who keeps changing, whereas Sasuke never really does.
Sure, but Kishimoto's openly said Sasuke is his favorite character. He's even said he would have changed the series' name, had Naruto not affected so many people.
Old 2008-12-16, 21:05   Link #335
EscapeAndBreakFree

Quote:
Sure, but Kishimoto's openly said Sasuke is his favorite character. He's even said he would have changed the series' name, had Naruto not affected so many people.

That is true. Hmmm.... does the series being named Sasuke sound weird? Like Sasuke chapter 125?

Naruto is just one of those characters that sticks on you. He may not be the smartest person in the series, but he is one of the strongest and the most caring, and he is willing to do anything for his friends.
Old 2008-12-17, 07:08   Link #336
Kenshin_Uchiha
Kenjutsu God

Sasuke as a main caracter wouldn't fit, you need a certain level of sillyness in shounen and he is to serious, on the contrary naruto brings that quite well, and the will of fire stuff to, I personaly find him anoying, but I still rather have naruto chapter 430 than sasuke lol
Old 2008-12-17, 08:10   Link #337
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

Quote:
What?! When/where did he say that? I mean, I already knew he felt that way, but I never thought he would say it on record.
aliasxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-17, 21:01   Link #338
EscapeAndBreakFree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenshin_Uchiha View Post
Sasuke as a main caracter wouldn't fit, you need a certain level of sillyness in shounen and he is to serious, on the contrary naruto brings that quite well, and the will of fire stuff to, I personaly find him anoying, but I still rather have naruto chapter 430 than sasuke lol

Yeah most shounen jump main characters are silly and somewhat stupid, but then when someone hurts their friends they get all: "I'll kill you!"

My point is, Naruto falls into this catagory of a shounen jump main character more than Sasuke, as he is to serious and emotionless.
Old 2008-12-18, 20:22   Link #339
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Well I do hate Sasuke, its not that I hated him in the past its just his motives always pisses me off, I mean I knew that Itachi was "good" and not "evil" from the start when he left with orochimaru, it was so obvious that the scene with Sasuke was going to happen that he finds out his brother was good.

And this is where he really pissed me off, is how he didint even learn a thing from his grudge and how in the end all his hard work and motives left him with nothing but more pain, and quickly switched to another revenge Idiot.

There was an important lesson to be learned from all of this and he was just too stupid to see it.
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-18, 22:54   Link #340
SpyderSidiouss
Banned

thats one way to look at it; but not everyone would be able to stomach going back to the village and working for the people(one way or another) who gave the order to murder your friends, family, etc. Don't get me wrong, going to Kohona and killing the towns people and their pet kittens won't do anything either, but I don't believe hes going on a rampage like he claimed anyway. My guess is he's going for Danzo's head, whos might just become hokage...

Maybe he just doesn't believe in that philosophy; I dont condemn him for goin' after danzo and those who gave the order. meh, personal opinion.
SpyderSidiouss is offline   Reply With Quote