Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-10-16, 03:32   Link #321
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
I don't know if to her that meant a confession of what she said to Kazehaya, I think she didn't realize it at all.
I believe it's been displayed quite well upto now that Sawako didn't mean it that way at all, especially when you keep in mind that she hasn't spoken about the term 'love' at all in the first two episodes.
Old 2009-10-16, 08:52   Link #322
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I believe it's been displayed quite well upto now that Sawako didn't mean it that way at all, especially when you keep in mind that she hasn't spoken about the term 'love' at all in the first two episodes.
Yeah, if you watch it again, you'll see that Kazehaya recognized what her "attracted to" really means respect. Everyone thought it was a confession of love, but it wasn't. If Sawako added "just liked everyone else" at the end of her statement, there would have been no confusion.

Kazehaya is a great character actually. He isn't perfect and you can see his faults. Plus his reactions to Sawako have been realistic and logical.

This might be my number one of the season.
Old 2009-10-16, 09:11   Link #323
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Very true at this point it would do most people good to think of Sawako as a blank slate when it comes to human interaction and understanding her own emotions let alone others. I actually wished they would have chose a better phrase for her to say at the end because i had a feeling people would react a certain way to her using love. She is just learning the real meaning of the word friendship love will continue to elude her understanding for a bit longer.
Old 2009-10-16, 14:35   Link #324
HandofFate

is it just me, or does it seem some of the people in the classroom are wearing different uniforms. Well, not different, just variations
Is it just that some took off the coat? or is there different years in the same classroom.

Spoiler for picture:
Old 2009-10-16, 15:56   Link #325
darkponcho
FMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
is it just me, or does it seem some of the people in the classroom are wearing different uniforms. Well, not different, just variations
Is it just that some took off the coat? or is there different years in the same classroom.

Spoiler for picture:
I'm pretty sure that some high schools inadvertently afford some variation on the uniform, regardless of their policy. Not everyone has to wear the exact same uniform, and some people push the bounds to exert some individuality by making their own modifications. Also, there are different uniforms depending on the season, and sometimes students can pick which seasonal uniform they wish to wear, regardless of the season. Don't trust me on this though
darkponcho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-16, 16:07   Link #326
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadrias View Post
Actually, I thought the exact same thing.. XD
Guess because he was pretty much bluntly demanding food with a blank face, which Doumeki always does..? haha
Funny, Ryuu made much more of an impression on me in that 30-second appearance than the male lead did in two episodes.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-16, 16:23   Link #327
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Funny, Ryuu made much more of an impression on me in that 30-second appearance than the male lead did in two episodes.
LMAO hes actually really funny i really want to put him and Domeki in the same room and watch the result lol. A real man eats everything hes given including cookies made by a girl.
Old 2009-10-16, 20:55   Link #328
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post

Spoiler for picture:
It may be simply because they didn't want everyone to match - its boring.
Old 2009-10-16, 21:16   Link #329
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

But isn't that exactly the reason for 'uni'forms?

I too am perplexed as to why there are four different styles of the uniforms. I could understand different types to wear (my own high school had vest or sweatshirt, plus slacks or kilts), but different colours on top of that? As someone who came from a uniform school, having 4 different colours just looks ugly too me.

Quote:
QFT.

Then again, crybaby girl (Yoshida) made almost as much impression on me as Sadako, but then again I have a bit of a soft spot for that type of emotional girls.
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 00:04   Link #330
Ansalem
Speaker

Quote:
I'd definitely agree with that. After the first episode of the show, I was pretty skeptical of its ability to hold my interest. The lead guy and girl are both a little too nice to be intriguing so far. However, the growth of the supporting cast, whom I'm finding a nice balance to the leads, is increasing my interest. I'm also curious about how this "megabitch" Aya Hirano plays that people have been mentioning will shake up the show. Anyway, I'm looking forward a little more to next week.
Ansalem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 11:04   Link #331
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
But isn't that exactly the reason for 'uni'forms?

I too am perplexed as to why there are four different styles of the uniforms. I could understand different types to wear (my own high school had vest or sweatshirt, plus slacks or kilts), but different colours on top of that? As someone who came from a uniform school, having 4 different colours just looks ugly too me.
There's your problem: you're looking at it from your personal, real life, experience. This isn't real life - its fiction. So they will change things where they can and where they want.

We can just say the school is liberal with its uniform policies and leave it at that if that makes it more acceptable for you.
Old 2009-10-17, 12:50   Link #332
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Actually, I have no problem at all when there's only 2 variations, just like I don't mind Nyan Koi's uniforms. But 4???!!!111 Might as well just use a no uniform policy, because seriously, the whole class looks like they came from two or three different schools, not one. Defeats the entire point of using 'uniforms' in the first place.

Sure its a work of fiction, and they can change things around, but some things just push the suspension of disbelief. Admittedly this is minor, so I have no problem looking it over in the grand scheme of things, but that's not going to stop me from commenting about it.
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 12:56   Link #333
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Actually, I have no problem at all when there's only 2 variations, just like I don't mind Nyan Koi's uniforms. But 4???!!!111 Might as well just use a no uniform policy, because seriously, the whole class looks like they came from two or three different schools, not one. Defeats the entire point of using 'uniforms' in the first place.

Sure its a work of fiction, and they can change things around, but some things just push the suspension of disbelief. Admittedly this is minor, so I have no problem looking it over in the grand scheme of things, but that's not going to stop me from commenting about it.
Fair enough.

Old 2009-10-17, 15:38   Link #334
SeaDoor

After the first two episodes, I am getting the feeling that I will end up liking both Yano and Yoshida a lot by the end of this series. Already, they sort of remind me of Tohru Honda's two friends in Fruits Basket.
SeaDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 23:09   Link #335
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

The opening reminds me alot of CLANNAD, the meeting at the bottom of the hill, the girl and the boy's blossoming relationship.

But this looks like a good story with a pretty storyline, so I think I will keep watching for now.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 08:03   Link #336
Lilith
Your average fangirl

Ep 2
So they didn't actually become a couple. Kazehaya misunderstood the word "attraction" and Sawako didn't feel that way until the end of this episode. And we were fighting earlier... Anyway, Kazehaya is just so cute. And I agree, Ryuu totally stole our attention~

Regarding the uniforms, I think it's normal? They all have the same skirt/trousers. The difference is jacket or short/long sleeved light/dark blazers.
Old 2009-10-18, 19:00   Link #337
SwiftStrike
Reaching for the Heavens

anime's this season are really good(with the exception of a few as usual) lol.

yay more friends
Old 2009-10-18, 19:41   Link #338
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftStrike View Post
anime's this season are really good
yeah, that's my reaction too. not many action shows this season, but comedy and romance are definitely great this time.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 23:54   Link #339
FuzzyWuzzy

The characters are pretty solid except for one.
I'm having a problem with the second girl that always cries.
They(creators or anime directors or manga author) don't know how to show her feelings so they just wrote it and gave it sound effects. They just wrote sympathy, justice, etc. At least the first girl friend got screen time to show her feelings by watching sawako and crumpling up or refusing her seat assignment. The other girl just didn't get any of that. They just wrote it and gave it sound effects. Maybe because she is just some sort of reinforcement of the feelings of the first girl and the author felt she isn't important to have those feelings shown in this episode and probably in future episodes also.
Other than that, the characters are ok.
FuzzyWuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-19, 00:25   Link #340
HandofFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyWuzzy View Post
The characters are pretty solid except for one.
I'm having a problem with the second girl that always cries.
They(creators or anime directors or manga author) don't know how to show her feelings so they just wrote it and gave it sound effects. They just wrote sympathy, justice, etc. At least the first girl friend got screen time to show her feelings by watching sawako and crumpling up or refusing her seat assignment. The other girl just didn't get any of that. They just wrote it and gave it sound effects. Maybe because she is just some sort of reinforcement of the feelings of the first girl and the author felt she isn't important to have those feelings shown in this episode and probably in future episodes also.
Other than that, the characters are ok.
maybe, first episode showed she's really weak against the whole hard effort, and badass couragement effort.
though to me, her interaction with Ryuu was pretty good characterization.

Tags
production i.g, romance, shoujo