AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2022-04-21, 11:01   Link #321
tsunade666

Ugh. Latest chapter. Elder turn werewolf/bull or whatever beat he is. But Kai. Such a disappointment. He just stands there. What are you, ayanogod that just watch when things turn sh*t.
Old 2022-04-22, 00:20   Link #322
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Ugh. Latest chapter. Elder turn werewolf/bull or whatever beat he is. But Kai. Such a disappointment. He just stands there. What are you, ayanogod that just watch when things turn sh*t.
I swear, this author seems to be in a competition with himself just to see how little content he can put out every month while still getting away with it, and how slowly he can move the story forward. There was very little fanservice this time around as well. All we know now is that this current round of "Deus Ex Oppai" wasn't enough to solve the current problem and that Kai will have to get creative (assuming he has access to his rational mind when in his God-Cursed state).

I had good hopes for this series, but the author seems to be trying his readers' patience quite a bit right now.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-22, 18:56   Link #323
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
What was he going to do, choke the old man out for talking shit? He's trying to intimidate them into surrender, aggressively attacking an elder (who he had no reason to assume could do this magic bullshit) is unlikely to help there.
Old 2022-05-27, 06:45   Link #324
Mazryonh

Is it par for the course now for manga series with action scenes to end chapters right in the middle of the action? That's what happened this time, and I'm not sure it's for the betterment of the story. Nothing resolved yet, no setup for a proper "see you next month," just a cut to the end-of-chapter notice.

I hope the author doesn't drag this arc out like he did the school one.
Old 2022-05-29, 18:47   Link #325
DragonOsman
Dragon King

That elder can't use that power anymore after Kai broke off his horns, so at least that should be solved now. But he still needs to think of a way to resolve the whole situation.
Old 2022-06-01, 21:22   Link #326
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
That elder can't use that power anymore after Kai broke off his horns, so at least that should be solved now. But he still needs to think of a way to resolve the whole situation.
Sure, but I still feel shortchanged in how the chapter ended in the middle of the action. We don't know for sure yet whether breaking the elder's horns will actually work the way we expect it to, or lead to something worse. I hope after this arc we get more character development for the "haremettes."
Old 2022-06-02, 11:58   Link #327
DragonOsman
Dragon King

The horn is their weakness, so I don't think it'll make the situation worse. But yeah, let's just wait and see for now.

I agree on getting more character development for the haremettes. I'm also looking forward to Aldia and Sakura meeting.
Old 2022-06-30, 00:29   Link #328
Mazryonh

Quote:
The horn is their weakness, so I don't think it'll make the situation worse. But yeah, let's just wait and see for now.
As it turns out, you were right about this, in Chapter 65. Feels like a bit of a letdown to me though because this weakness just seems a little too convenient. Maybe the author and artist couldn't cram in more action without displacing the political and fanservice bits in this chapter?

Quote:
I agree on getting more character development for the haremettes. I'm also looking forward to Aldia and Sakura meeting.
Here's hoping. That's something about this manga that has been put off for far too long.

Last edited by Mazryonh; 2022-07-03 at 14:08.
Old 2022-07-06, 10:14   Link #329
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@Mazryonh: I still hadn't read Chapter 65 yet when I read your post, so I just read it now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
As it turns out, you were right about this, in Chapter 65. Feels like a bit of a letdown to me though because this weakness just seems a little too convenient. Maybe the author and artist couldn't cram in more action without displacing the political and fanservice bits in this chapter?
I knew the weakness wouldn't be fake or anything because Victorious wanted to really help Kai there and he wouldn't trick him when trying to help.

Quote:
Here's hoping. That's something about this manga that has been put off for far too long.
Agreed. We need character development especially.

I know I already said in the part of my post you quoted that I wanted to see Aldia and Sakura meet, but after Aldia called Kai her betrothed and said she'd be okay with being the second wife while treating Shiera as the first, I now want to see it even more. While we now know it's very likely she won't mind more haremettes, she at least must know that Kai's first wife is most likely going to be Sakura.
Old 2022-07-06, 14:48   Link #330
Mazryonh

Quote:
I knew the weakness wouldn't be fake or anything because Victorious wanted to really help Kai there and he wouldn't trick him when trying to help.
I guess we can't have epic battles every time. Or expect to have hard-fought victories when things like page limits and publisher expectations have their say. This battle just felt too easy to me.

Quote:
While we now know it's very likely she won't mind more haremettes, she at least must know that Kai's first wife is most likely going to be Sakura.
Given how long Sakura's been out of the picture, I think it's past time that she got back with Kai and asserted her position as "first wife" in this harem situation (especially with Shakuntira on her side). It'll be interesting to see Aldia's reaction to that.

But when is the author going to give us more Ligia material?
Old 2022-07-06, 16:54   Link #331
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Quote:
I guess we can't have epic battles every time. Or expect to have hard-fought victories when things like page limits and publisher expectations have their say. This battle just felt too easy to me.
I get what you mean.

Quote:
Given how long Sakura's been out of the picture, I think it's past time that she got back with Kai and asserted her position as "first wife" in this harem situation (especially with Shakuntira on her side). It'll be interesting to see Aldia's reaction to that.

But when is the author going to give us more Ligia material?
I agree here. About Sakura and also but more Ligia material. But on the latter one: we'll also have to sacrifice main story content for that.
Old 2022-07-06, 17:08   Link #332
Mazryonh

Quote:
But on the latter one: we'll also have to sacrifice main story content for that.
I'm all up for seeing a Ligia-focussed .5 Chapter so as long as it's long enough and expands sufficiently on her budding relationship with Kai rather than just relying on fanservice. It's been a long time since we had a .5 Chapter in this manga series anyway.
Old 2022-07-26, 08:05   Link #333
SidVicious
Anime addict

Well now...that was a twist.
Old 2022-07-26, 09:59   Link #334
tsunade666

she lose weight. tons of weight.
Old 2022-07-26, 10:57   Link #335
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidVicious View Post
Well now...that was a twist.
And here I was thinking that a significant part of the "waifu wars" in this series was over because we had filled out the "elemental wheel" with all the Ambrosia carriers. Besides, I doubt most of Kai's "waifus" will be happy to learn that he's going to be marrying the Shah. Sure, it might be "just" a political marriage, but the harem is getting rather large. I wonder what Sakura and the other "haremettes" not present at this meeting would think of this.

I was hoping for more character development with the other significant female characters too this chapter, but the author didn't deliver.
Old 2022-07-26, 15:47   Link #336
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Did you guys read spoilers for 66? The actual chapter isn't up at fan translator site yet, is it?

Last edited by LKK; 2022-07-26 at 18:33. Reason: removed fan translator name
DragonOsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-26, 20:10   Link #337
Mazryonh

Quote:
Did you guys read spoilers for 66? The actual chapter isn't up at fan translator site yet, is it?
Yes, the actual translated chapter is already up.
Old 2022-07-28, 17:38   Link #338
kampfer91
Master Eugenist

What...? How...? What a twist .

And somehow her personality change too ? Before she would abuse her authority and execute people on the spot , now she is quite meek and accept that people generally hate her and politic game is crappy ?
kampfer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-28, 18:52   Link #339
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by kampfer91 View Post
What...? How...? What a twist .

And somehow her personality change too ? Before she would abuse her authority and execute people on the spot , now she is quite meek and accept that people generally hate her and politic game is crappy ?
I think she's just broken. She's basically lost everything and apparently also is "horribly disfigured" by her own standards. Given how prideful she was it isn't surprising her ego would collapse.
Old 2022-07-30, 16:45   Link #340
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I think she's much sexier like this. Someone should tell her. What say you all?

And I also wonder how Sakura and the rest of the harem would react to this marriage. I still want a True Harem, with Sakura included.

Tags
disguise, harem, industrial revolution, milk-powered, oppai