AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

View Poll Results: Valvrave the Liberator 2 - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 27 39.71%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 22 32.35%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 20.59%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 4.41%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.47%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.47%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-12-20, 16:17   Link #321
finalfury
Incognito

Liselotte explaining the existence of Magius video um yea, that can work. :x
Marie video showing Kamitsuki loss of memory might be helpful. :v
Pino talking to L-elf and Marie video might be helpful. :c
Old 2013-12-20, 16:27   Link #322
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by LystAP View Post
I don't get the Q-vier hate either, like someone said before, he's being precisely what he's supposed to be, a loyal, skilled, but slightly psychotic super-soldier. He's probably one of the most competent (and/or fortunate (both ideal traits for any soldier)) opponents here, and if there were any justice, he would probably survive all of this. There's never been any contradictions with any of his actions or loyalties, he fought for his country and comrades (unlike certain others), and if anything he'll be one of the first soldiers to turn on Cain, now that his comrades' "defections/rebellions" have been justified.
The details are kind of vague now, so I don't really remember why I came to dislike him in the first place, but I recall Q-Vier being threatening towards people for no good reason. I forget whether he actually intended to harm said person(s) or not or was just being an asshole for the sake of being an asshole, but either way, I don't like thuggish behavior.
Old 2013-12-20, 16:28   Link #323
~BC~

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalfury View Post
Liselotte explaining the existence of Magius video um yea, that can work. :x
Marie video showing Kamitsuki loss of memory might be helpful. :v
Pino talking to L-elf and Marie video might be helpful. :c
Problem is you're assuming that just by viewing these things people will come to the ideal conclusions.

Lieselotte video: "Yay! They've been jacking us for centuries!"
Marie memory loss: Not sure how helpful that would be to those not personally attached to her.
Pino talking to L-Elf: "Why the f@$% did the Dorssian know all of this before us!"
Pino talking to Marie: Leaves even more questions tbh. Not to mention the bag of worms that is the school experimentation. Which would go ditto for Kibukawa's explanation to L-Elf.
Old 2013-12-20, 16:30   Link #324
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BC~ View Post
Problem is you're assuming that just by viewing these things people will come to the ideal conclusions.
Nobody's assuming anything. We're pointing out she had the truth available to her and choose not to watch more videos because it hurt her little guilt-ridden teenager heart. She chose to cry and be useless then play martyr as if she's done anything to deserve this while everyone else is busy doing the right thing.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2013-12-20, 16:31   Link #325
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BC~ View Post

Lieselotte video: "Yay! They've been jacking us for centuries!"
Marie memory loss: Not sure how helpful that would be to those not personally attached to her.
Pino talking to L-Elf: "Why the f@$% did the Dorssian know all of this before us!"
Pino talking to Marie: Leaves even more questions tbh. Not to mention the bag of worms that is the school experimentation. Which would go ditto for Kibukawa's explanation to L-Elf.
The students are seriously that stupid? Really?
Basic logic 101/common sense says this:
Lise: Monsters are among us. Beware. Dorssia has a connection to the monsters.
L-elf: Only certain people are compatible to the Valvraves.
Marie: JIOR had test pilots. Student test pilots.
Memory loss: Memories are the price they pay for the power they have.
Old 2013-12-20, 16:35   Link #326
Thess

Quote:
Basic logic 101 says this:
Lise: Monsters are among us. Beware. Dorssia has a connection to the monsters.
L-elf: Only certain people are compatible to the Valvraves.
Marie: JIOR had test pilots. Student test pilots.
Memory loss: Memories are the price they pay for the power they have.
And Dorssia said they had been an experiment in this episode. Shoko chose to be ignorant, she can't blame it on Haruto anymore. She had information at her disposal and chose to not watch all videos in search for answers. If truth was oh so important to her, she would have man up and watched them.

She gets zero sympathy points from me after this episode.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2013-12-20, 16:37   Link #327
~BC~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess
Nobody's assuming anything.
You're assuming she had any reason to think all those important details were just sitting there waiting for her to find. As far as she knows all she's going to see is piloting, maintenance and the occasional scratching. Again, it's the viewer perspective influencing your reasoning.

Quote:
You're asking this question? Really?!
Old 2013-12-20, 16:42   Link #328
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Did you see how they reacted to Haruto's return this episode? Yes, they're pretty stupid. They certainly have a tendency to jump to the worst conclusions possible. And there's all sorts of negative conclusions they could jump to if you tried telling them the truth.
Old 2013-12-20, 16:44   Link #329
finalfury
Incognito

My self-delusions are gone now. -brb, bashing my head against a wall-

Nanami-sensei calls her "Shoko-san" not Shoko Prime Minister or PM. Implications?
Old 2013-12-20, 16:46   Link #330
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Did you see how they reacted to Haruto's return this episode? Yes, they're pretty stupid. They certainly have a tendency to jump to the worst conclusions possible. And there's all sorts of negative conclusions they could jump to if you tried telling them the truth.
Maybe they should have killed them and rescue the poor injured people so Kibukawa can treat them. Their idiocy will get many more killed.

Old 2013-12-20, 16:47   Link #331
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

You know what Thess? You should ask a mods to created a debate/argument thread for you to use
Old 2013-12-20, 16:49   Link #332
Thess

Why? We're discussing details and behavior of this episode.

Old 2013-12-20, 16:51   Link #333
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Why? We're discussing details and behavior of this episode.
Valvrave =/= Shoko is what I believe Devil is implying with the post. :c
Or it would be fun to see a thread where you go head to head with people who share the opposite opinion as you.
Yea, I got nothing. :v

On-topic: Kamitsuki immortality doesn't seem to regenerate lost limbs. @.@
Old 2013-12-20, 16:53   Link #334
Twi

We could carry it over to the Shouko Thread, but that might be lighting a bondfire.
Old 2013-12-20, 16:53   Link #335
~BC~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess
She just found out important details from one single video. If truth was oh so important T_T to her she would watch it, hoping it would clarify something. She didn't try, she gets everything served to her which is why people hate her and want her dead in Japan. Sadly I doubt Okouchi will give them (and me) that joy.
Still doesn't address what I just said. She's not going to look for answers if she doesn't think they're there. Maybe she did see more but without proper context she has to figure out how to dispense that informaton without riling them up further. But hey, whatever floats your boat.
Old 2013-12-20, 16:54   Link #336
Thess

Quote:
Valvrave =/= Shoko is what I believe Devil is implying with the post. :c
Or it would be fun to see a thread where you go head to head with people who share the opposite opinion as you.
I've discussed Haruto's, L-Elf's, A-drei's, Kriemhild, Akira and Satomi in the past posts of last page. Not my fault if Shoko defense force jumps in. Maybe they should create their own thread.

Quote:
On-topic: Kamitsuki immortality doesn't seem to regenerate lost limbs. @.@
That we know, at least. Maybe rune-limbs are possible? Lieselotte had rune wings.

Old 2013-12-20, 16:58   Link #337
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
I've discussed Haruto's, L-Elf's, A-drei's, Kriemhild, Akira and Satomi in the past posts of last page. Not my fault if Shoko defense force jumps in. Maybe they should create their own thread.

That we know, at least. Maybe rune-limbs are possible? Lieselotte had rune wings.
Fair enough.

Okouchi taking a page from Yoshino's book and brings back limbs ala Shu's Void style. :x
Old 2013-12-20, 16:59   Link #338
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
My self-delusions are gone now. -brb, bashing my head against a wall-

Nanami-sensei calls her "Shoko-san" not Shoko Prime Minister or PM. Implications?
NeoJIOR is effectively dead, and Nanami-sensei knows it. L-Elf and Haruto are talking about creating a new country. That's one of the reasons Shouko isn't in on this. Another is what Haruto said here to Shouko...

"I shouldn't have lied to you. If I'd been honest with you, even if it meant getting hurt, maybe we could've found a way to work through this together."

Haruto feels like what has happened between him and Shouko now makes complete cooperation between them impossible. He probably feels like they simply don't have the time for them to rebuild mutual trust.
Old 2013-12-20, 16:59   Link #339
Thess

Quote:
Okouchi taking a page from Yoshino's book and brings back limbs ala Shu's Void style. :x
Remember those things the Valrave pulls like crystalized too seem to be made on base of runes too. It'll be very consuming memory-wise.

I'm curious of why Prue and Pino seem a bit more powerful than the average Magius.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Haruto feels like what has happened between him and Shouko now makes complete cooperation between them impossible. He probably feels like they simply don't have the time for them to rebuild mutual trust.
The scene, I must say, contrasts with A-drei and L-Elf rebuilding their trust for a common goal after A-drei was kept in the dark.

Old 2013-12-20, 17:02   Link #340
finalfury
Incognito

So I just read somewhere that Shouko is considered the Nina Purpleton of Valvrave. Is that a good thing or a bad thing?
That and the apparent appearance of Saki = increase in overall quality of the show which I do agree with.