AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-10-06, 09:23   Link #321
EagleBlue

Does anyone know the title of the song they used in the PV.
EagleBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 11:32   Link #322
octoberasian
Baka Gaijin :P
*IT Support

I saw the anime again two more times, and I'll give it a chance. I wish it had a better start but I'll leave that to the second episode.

As I watched it, the entire school battle seemed like a spoof of Dynasty Warriors-- frenetic, over the top, flashy, and MASSIVE fights. That seemed like a lot of fun to watch. As someone said earlier, and I agree with him after seeing it again, is that the anime is more character-centric than plot driven. Again, still going into this blindly because they just threw a bunch of names out with titles on them and expect me to know who the characters are. Maybe next episode(s) will shed more light on who those crazy bunch of students are, particularly the archer. I have a thing for archers. XD (Nearly every MMO I've played or tried, my characters have almost always been archers.)

PS- Also, friend on IM convinced me to give it another try, and he never played the VN either. He said it was fun and crazy, but he didn't enjoy Horizon. >_> Told him Horizon will be for whenever I'm waiting for another anime to air. In exchange, I had him watch the entire first season of Last Exile since he never seen it before. It was to prepare him for Last Exile: Fam of the Silver Wing.
octoberasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 14:00   Link #323
Sage Shinigami

Send a message via AIM to Sage Shinigami Send a message via Yahoo to Sage Shinigami
I didn't really struggle that hard to understand this series. The character types are fairly easy to understand, and from there the series actually went out of it's way to be as insane and fun as possible. Enjoyed the crap out of the fact that I watched a 25 minute battle scene.

Especially because it
Spoiler:
! How awesome was that?!

Anyway, I don't think the rest of the series will play out like that, but I do hope it doesn't devolve into a harem. It felt like it would at the end, but that'd be...really depressing.
Sage Shinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 14:37   Link #324
TDream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Shinigami View Post
Anyway, I don't think the rest of the series will play out like that, but I do hope it doesn't devolve into a harem. It felt like it would at the end, but that'd be...really depressing.
He did get rejected twice.. what are the chances that he still will try to get the girl he likes? hmm.

if he gives up expect a harem lol.

Last edited by TDream; 2011-10-06 at 15:29.
TDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 16:58   Link #325
Mentar
Banned

Momoyo path has been released for the game. So, the patch now has Yukie, Chris, Momoyo and Umeko (the whip-wielding teacher). Enjoy
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 21:56   Link #326
Shimapan
Try me! <3

From all the girls, I found Momoyo the least interesting, so I'm not bothered at all that she declined.

Best so far were either Shiina or Christiane... can't decide yet, as we only saw little of the girls so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyriaL View Post
The first episode strangely reminds me of Infinite Stratos. Lets hope it will turn out better than that.

And I hardly have any idea what is going on as from the start to the end its just battles and fighting.
Same here.
Let's hope it gets better next episode.
Old 2011-10-07, 11:36   Link #327
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

oh my... I don't know what I just watched....
I only read the manga and don't play the VN.... I think its interesting so I have an expectation about the anime
but somehow the episode just show a fierce battle.... yeah! it's an epic and good battle but it's not the reason why I'm watching this! I prefer if they show better route.... (I'm a Chris supporter though). Would they show us a different route each episode??
Hopefully I can find everything in next episode.... (this show got so many potentials but why they messed it up??)

anyway, yay for Araragi Koyomi's voice in Naoe Yamato... xD
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-07, 14:10   Link #328
Arkard

Seems that Majikoi will be ported to the PS3 in the spring:

http://peorth.animenewsnetwork.com/i...s3-next-spring
Arkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-08, 11:39   Link #329
Nosauz

New ep is out, and seems to be a majikoi S advert animu, which is cool with me, because honestly the Vn does the VN material better might as well get some more new content
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-08, 12:08   Link #330
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
New ep is out, and seems to be a majikoi S advert animu, which is cool with me, because honestly the Vn does the VN material better might as well get some more new content
Wait, so it really is an anime-original storyline in order to promote Majikoi S? That sucks, I played the VN (what's translated though) so at least I can know the background story on my own, but not seeing the prologue and everything else animated is annoying too.

My only consolation is that what I loved most about the VN isn't the deep characterization or the plot (they're just okay on that end) but instead the wonderful character dynamics and the humorous dialogue, which can still be delivered in alternate scenarios. But still...I don't think this is a good decision, especially with how prone to catastrophe the usual anime-original storyline usually go.

Oh, and that I don't need to use spoiler tags, as only the anime staff knows how things are going to be from now on anyway...
Old 2011-10-08, 12:57   Link #331
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for Majikoi 02 - A Thesis on Eroge Dogs:
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-08, 14:04   Link #332
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
Wait, so it really is an anime-original storyline in order to promote Majikoi S? That sucks, I played the VN (what's translated though) so at least I can know the background story on my own, but not seeing the prologue and everything else animated is annoying too.

My only consolation is that what I loved most about the VN isn't the deep characterization or the plot (they're just okay on that end) but instead the wonderful character dynamics and the humorous dialogue, which can still be delivered in alternate scenarios. But still...I don't think this is a good decision, especially with how prone to catastrophe the usual anime-original storyline usually go.

Oh, and that I don't need to use spoiler tags, as only the anime staff knows how things are going to be from now on anyway...
No, this story was in the game. It's just not translated yet. But the fact that it remains somewhat obscure, means that the English speaking fandom have done a rather good job of keeping a secret.

To this day, I know there a Majikoi players who still don't know about this
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-08, 14:29   Link #333
karuroso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
No, this story was in the game. It's just not translated yet. But the fact that it remains somewhat obscure, means that the English speaking fandom have done a rather good job of keeping a secret.

if the first ep was the end of Momoyo's route, then where exatly is this ep in the vn? the main route?
karuroso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-08, 15:27   Link #334
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Spoiler for Majikoi 2 - to be safe:
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-08, 18:40   Link #335
TDream

Quote:

Really it was in the game? I don't remember it.. the anime producers are mixing stuff from the game and adding there own ideas into it.
TDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-08, 22:01   Link #336
Balzac
Assistant Professor

Quote:

The anime could be going down the true route/add in hints of Momoyo since she seems the main focus. True route has the caveat of 3Ps!!! 3Ps everywhere!!
Old 2011-10-08, 22:08   Link #337
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Alright, now THIS is more like it. Keep your weapons and unique fighting styles, just keep it all casual style and we got a show. Also, kudos for Miyako trying to take the initiative to seduce Yamato. Too bad she got shafted, HA!>V<.
MAX_COLA_POWER! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 09:34   Link #338
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Shinigami View Post
I didn't really struggle that hard to understand this series. The character types are fairly easy to understand, and from there the series actually went out of it's way to be as insane and fun as possible. Enjoyed the crap out of the fact that I watched a 25 minute battle scene.
Pretty much how I felt about the first episode, wasn't overwhelmed at all, I mean sure a lot of characters were thrown @ us but like you said the archetypes made them fairly easy to understand. This and Horizon really didn't throw me off at all.. I expect the cast in both those shows to be fleshed out as we go along....
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 10:04   Link #339
giorno

meh, two things i'm not liking at all so far, 1) the anime seems to be doing some stupid harem route which makes little to no sense and 2) the girls acting ooc to beat up yamato for unfunny cliched comedic effect

and with that said, i do hope the anime goes with an original harem route. With the Itagaki sisters....
giorno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 11:04   Link #340
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Wow, Ageha's all grown up... I was half expecting Koujirou to do his trademark 'A-GE-HA-SA-!!!*faceplant to ground*

Guest appearance by Shinra and Ren pwease? pwease??

Tags
action, comedy, eroge, seinen