AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2008-04-16, 08:00   Link #321
infectedrabbid

Of course, the most loved family in the town of Springfield, THE SIMPSONS!!!!!!!!!!!

Who doesn't like them?
infectedrabbid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-11, 11:00   Link #322
AnimePhantom
The Phantom of Anime

Western Cartoons (USA)

Well, we all obviously love anime (thats why were here), but what cartoons do you enjoy from the United States? Currently running shows I am enjoying are Ben 10: Alien Force, Chaotic: M'Arillion Invasion, The Sectret Saturday's, Batman: The Brave and the Bold and Transformers Animated. Thats only the tip of the iceberg though, I enjoy dozens of cartoons that air here in the United States, and most of the shows I mentioned are either enjoying new episodes as of right now or are awaiting new episodes this fall, so I'm very excited to say the last.
AnimePhantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-11, 11:13   Link #323
solomon

Only two modern ones that I make an effort to watch are Spongebob and the Venture Bros.

I'm jaded due to the quality of 90s stuff just not carrying over into the next decade (with few exceptions)
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-11, 12:25   Link #324
Yamada
Minori Fanboy

I somewhat wish I could share your enthusiasm about today's cartoons AnimePhantom, but anymore I find them to be rather lacking (at least the stuff I've seen on Cartoon Network during the day). I suppose I'm just partial to the shows that I grew up with as a kid. The only cartoon that I watch on a fairly daily basis anymore is Family Guy, and that's just for kicks.
Yamada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-11, 12:30   Link #325
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

That's running right now? I'll have to agree with the posters above me that says that the quality of the 90s haven't crossed over, but there still are a few, I guess.

-The Boondocks
-Frisky Dingo
-Robot Chicken
-Venture Bros.
-Fututrama
-The Simpsons on occasion
-King of the Hill

Edit: I've watched Chowder on Cartoon Network a few times and have surprisingly entertained by it, so. . .

Last edited by Dilla; 2009-06-11 at 14:08.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-11, 12:34   Link #326
solomon

Like its easy to say nostaliga bias, but seriously.. There was such great shows made in the 90s, barriers were broken, new trends were made. Children's cartoons once again became something that the whole family could ACTUALLY BE ENTERTAINED BY.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-11, 12:56   Link #327
AnimePhantom
The Phantom of Anime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamada View Post
I somewhat wish I could share your enthusiasm about today's cartoons AnimePhantom, but anymore I find them to be rather lacking (at least the stuff I've seen on Cartoon Network during the day). I suppose I'm just partial to the shows that I grew up with as a kid. The only cartoon that I watch on a fairly daily basis anymore is Family Guy, and that's just for kicks.
Dude, turn to CN friday night's at 8pm and check out Batman: The Brave and the Bold, The Secret Saturday's and Ben 10: Alien Force, give them a fair shot and let me know what you think! Those shows air randomly throughout the week on CN as well, but Friday night's is where they premier with new episodes, just check them out and let me know. Also, if you have Disney XD and Nicktoons you can watch great shows like Spectacular Spider-Man, Wolverine & The X-Men and Iron Man Adventures, all of which are fun shows.
Old 2009-06-11, 14:04   Link #328
james0246

Currently running cartoons that I like/appreciate:

Primetime:
Simpsons
Family Guy
American Dad
South Park

Late Night:
Venture Bros.
Aqua Teen
Metalocalypse
Squidbillies
Frisky Dingo

As for regular (i.e. for kids) cartoons...well since Avatar ended there haven't been many regular cartoons that have held my interest...

Last edited by james0246; 2009-06-11 at 14:19.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-11, 14:10   Link #329
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Ben 10: Alien Force
Batman: The Brave and the Bold
Squidbillies
Old 2009-06-11, 14:17   Link #330
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

I am 100 % certain there's a thread already covering this topic.

Regardless...

but what cartoons do you enjoy from the United States?

I miss Ren & Stimpy, bring them back!

Also like the Simpsons, South Park, American Dad and a few others.
Old 2009-06-11, 14:53   Link #331
klowny
OH NO

i watch
-Arthur
-Chowder
-Misadventures of Flapjack
-Batman (that new one)
-The Boondocks
-Venture Bro's
-Phineas and ferb
-King of the hill
-Ben 10
and a lot more but those are old cartoons

I like watching cartoons but at my age i think i'm getting too old even if i like it
klowny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-11, 15:23   Link #332
AnimePhantom
The Phantom of Anime

You are never too old to watch cartoons, if you enjoy it then your not above it. Period. For the guy who mentioned Chowder, I love that show, the new episodes were fantastic and Shnitzel is an awesome character, one of my favorites in a currently running cartoon in fact. I am a huge CN fan and I love watching the network as much as possible, it just feels like "home" to me......
Old 2009-06-11, 15:33   Link #333
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

freakazoid!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkGVhmw7x9Q

best show ever, better than Anime...
Old 2009-06-11, 15:35   Link #334
Solecs

Hmm, I don't watch so many these days. I used to be a fan of some older shows like:

Doug (the Nickelodeon series, not the ABC/Disney one)
Rocko's Modern Life
Transformers (like the old, old one)
Transformers: Beast Wars
Reboot
Johnny Quest
Spider-Man
Batman: The Animated Series
X-men

I also used to be an avid fan of The Simpsons, but not so much these days.

The only recent shows I followed a little were Avatar: The Last Airbender on Nickelodeon, and Code Lyoko on CN. I think both of those may be over now though.

Edit: Oh damn, FREAKAZOID! how did I forget about that one, haha. Awesome, awesome show.

Last edited by Solecs; 2009-06-11 at 15:37. Reason: Runs Around in Underwear
Solecs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-11, 15:57   Link #335
Neat Hedgehog
Hack of all trades

There were only a few really good cartoons that I remember watching very much, and they're almost all off the air now. There are a few good ones still on, though.

Canceled / finished shows:

Ren & Stimpy
Bump in the Night
Captain Simian and the Space Monkeys (seriously epic)
Reboot
Project Geeker (great show, canceled for not being "educational")

Still running:

Chowder (not bad, but can be pretty hit & miss sometimes)
Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack
Robot Chicken (can be really hit & miss, though)
The Simpsons (although they've been dragging)
King of the Hill
Spongebob Squarepants

Family Guy and American Dad are ok, but they drop the ball too often for me to really say I make a point to watch them.

I watched a little of Avatar: The Last Airbender, but it had more than it's fair share of problems.
Neat Hedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-11, 16:15   Link #336
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

LOL, I swear this thread pops up every year...

I was watching it the other night @ random and I just had to remind myself how great the original Johnny Quest was…I mean it’s a show so ahead of it’s time (early-1960’s) that it’s not even funny…This was a show that aired in primetime after national football games on Sunday Nights in the 60’s and the production budget for such an endeavor is evident in the rich, tapestry-like background illustrations for almost every environment possible…This show still stands the test of time and what’s so amazing about it was that it was a true educational adventure in-addition to being a futurama of cool gadgets, gunfights (sometimes laserfights^^), and concepts…I mean (Even more than today in some instances) there were always characters of color, from different countries and continents, with cultural effects that were prevalent in almost every story (Today I can’t even find a cartoon that dealt with even close to this many cultural dynamics other than maybe Captain Planet which was far more cartooney in nature).…

Another thing I loved about this show was it's adult nature at-times...Today you have a million kid-groups that try to take anything remotely controversial off the air...In Quest it was nothing to have big-shots smoking cigars, and people getting murdered in cold-blood, while sporty children dodged everything from shotgun blasts to African spearheads...Imagine watching the game with your pops in the 60's then watching Race Bannon murder indigenous aborigines with his bare hands, lol...

Nevertheless this show was just simply feel-good, and before Hanna & Barbara sold their collective souls to the devil for $$$ and produced a million crap cartoons (Some like Scooby-doo, Flintstones, and Blue Falcon that I loved), nothing they did ever came close to the quality of original Johnny Quest….The opening and closing musical themes still give me goosebumbs @ age 30 they’re so darn cool…

I recently cracked open a DVD set of season 1 my mom snatched at a garage sale for like 5bucks (I hadn’t opened it in like 4 years!); I popped it into my comp and was just amazed all over again…I’ll even watch eps with my 5 year old nephew who doesn’t watch $hit unless it’s some talking sponge or cardboard-cut character and he totally gets into it….I mean it still has it’s “WTF” and cheesy dialogue moments, as it was created for most of you guys grandparents^^, but even in 2009 that show still stands as one of the greatest western cartoons ever…

It still comes on every weeknight on Boomerang (CN oldskool cartoon network) @ 11pm eastern so give it a try…
Old 2009-06-11, 16:26   Link #337
stubby42

One of the greastest animations to come out of the states in recent years has to be fosters home for imaginary friends, its a true kids show but its witty and intelligent something both kids and adults can watch.
stubby42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-11, 16:53   Link #338
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
I remember watching Centurions in the days of old. Still love the show to this day.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-11, 16:58   Link #339
ReiKoko
安息吧, 微笑的特里薩

spongebob squarepants
the simpsons
the fairly odd parents
ReiKoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-11, 17:58   Link #340
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
LOL, I swear this thread pops up every year...
Actually, the original thread is from 2003, wich then got merged/bumped? with another in 2006. I think it was necroed in 2008 before falling from the spotlight again.

Oh, and I would also like to add The Maxx to my previous mentions. Pretty strange and pretty short too, but one show I enjoyed regardless.