AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-04-14, 13:26   Link #321
jordantenney56

I loved how daichi proved that asshole wrong when he said that the livlaster wasnt his lol.
jordantenney56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-14, 13:33   Link #322
blackcloud6

NeXT stop for more power…after all, it from libido, orgone (also sexual power)….COUPLING…heheheh…Hana X Daichi or if you want Daichi X Teppei? hehe?
blackcloud6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-14, 16:17   Link #323
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Daichi is such a bamf. He has this innocence about him, but at the same time, he's somewhat badass. Especially when he shot down the tower. Also, Hana & Akari are so kawaii.

That guy really needs to loosen up. He be treating Hana & Teppei like tools. Btw, guess what? It was his Livlaster you dick.

This show is gonna get very dark along the way. The implications of that were littered all over this episode.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-14, 16:23   Link #324
Arya

The visuals are awesome. Really. All in all a good episode. It worked very well. It's just that the execution of Taichi's actions on earth felt a bit childish. I don't know, it went all too smoothly. And disconnected with the actual serious situation. I understand that he was all happy to see a grow up Hana, who wouldn't, but still, it lessened a bit the seriousness of the bigger picture. And even the characterization of him and mostly Hana seem to not match with their age or appearance.
And come on, don't feed me with an interesting and quite damned annoying set up with Hana and his awful guardian just to defuse it already at the end of the episode. And in that way He attacked his own base, but they let them play at the beach. I was expecting some serious business. Guess I have to re-calibrate with the mood of the show. Not a big problem by the way.

This vintage feelings is lasting in this episode too. That HAL-like computer, some BGM music. The transformation (again). It's a nice touch.

But still on the fence. If Hana won't suddenly be kidnapped to reappear later floating with some strange fake ears on her cute head then I will be all in to stick with the show til the end

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-14, 17:00   Link #325
jordantenney56

I think daichi was really hurt by his fathers death and he never took a interest in school because he was so depressed and i dont even his guardian even took notice to this. His depression led him to act the way he is. Hes still that child as a result of that depression despite being 16 and his reaction by seeing his friends its completely understandable he hasnt been happy since his father died and i think keeping promises no minor are very important to him.
Old 2014-04-14, 17:45   Link #326
Irenesharda

Well,

I have to say that this episode actually rose my expectations more than the first episode. If they keep on track, I think this show might actually be a keeper for me.

I liked Daichi a lot more in this one, and his off-the-wall personality, despite being a little annoying at first, I really liked by the end. I was really glad that they had him under some sort of mind control/hypnosis in the last episode and that's why he was acting so weird.

I'm interested in the subterfuge between the factions and what's going on with this Macbeth Revolution. A lot of bad guys so far are so obvious that they might as well have twirly mustaches, however, I'm interested in seeing what they are all up to.
The Salty Dog evil agent was a transparent as cellophane and while we can expect more douchiness, I don't think anything he does is going to surprise anybody.

Evil pink and blue Killtgang pilots look like your average enemy opponents. I'm betting crazy girl dies first, and crazy emo guy follows soon after.

Now evil CEO and his equally evil AI Puck seem much more sinister. I want to see what they are planning and how Daichi and friends will eventually stop them.

I already see some potential death flags popping up for certain characters, but we'll have to see how this goes.

Well, this was a better outing than the first time, and while Knights of Sidonia is still my favorite mecha so far of the season, Captain Earth is looking like an interesting venture as well.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-14, 19:47   Link #327
foxbox360
New Age Badass

This is very similar to Star Driver, I hope it have a better ending this time.
foxbox360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-14, 20:39   Link #328
jordantenney56

Puck is a very perverted computer lmao
Old 2014-04-14, 22:53   Link #329
kujoe
from head to heel

I pretty much enjoy the design of the entire show—everything from the character design, or the typography of the episode titles and title design. The overall quality doesn't hurt either.

I just can't help but think, as if every character—everyone from space station crew to the secretary—were made to be doujin fodder in the near future. I mean, it's like as if every exploitable trope is there for everybody.

It's just too easy. Either that, or it's just as easy to expect these things coming from a mile away nowadays.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-14, 23:42   Link #330
Iron Maw
Banned

ep 2

This was very good week for this show. Not only do we finally get some explanations and something of a direction for the plot, but some solid characterization for Daichi. I dunno what it is, but something about Captain Earth just feels "fun" in spite of it's issues.

There is still some really confusing stuff, in particular the Kiltagang guys. Where the hell are they exactly? On Earth? If so how are they aliens again? Also it's rather hard to take that pink haired lass as enemy seriously when she playing DDR in her cockpit while her tits and ass swinging around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangakid95 View Post
Daichi is such a bamf. He has this innocence about him, but at the same time, he's somewhat badass. Especially when he shot down the tower. Also, Hana & Akari are so kawaii.
Yeah, you can chalk me up as one of people who likes Daichi "go getter" personality.

I agree he not as disturb about the events that just happened one would/should expect, but I think that's just his character. From the 2 episodes we have seen of him, Daichi isn't really the type ask questions (otherwise he would have had second thoughts about boarding the mech) and essentially wears his heart on his sleeve. He's pretty much the earlier archetypical traditional shounen who are known for "meh, it will work itself out somehow" line of thinking when comes to most conflicts and mishaps. It not bad thing to have kind of character appear once awhile and his attitude is easier for me accept due to him still being just a kid.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2014-04-15 at 00:29.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-15, 00:03   Link #331
Apache Thunder
Interdimensional Spy

Send a message via MSN to Apache Thunder Send a message via Yahoo to Apache Thunder
I can always hope that "Puck" ends up being the male version of GLaDOS, but something tells me I'm setting my self up for disappointment.

The pink girl doing that all that dancing just to control some sorta special magical Mech seems completely unnecessary and is blatant fanservice, but I suppose I can put up with it as long as there isn't a whole lot of it or a whole set of enemy girls that pop up later that do a lot of the same. I shudder to think what the male characters move sets would be in that thing. :P

Otherwise, it's been engaging for me thus far and will keep watching.

I have cameras in your head!
Apache Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-15, 00:22   Link #332
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Never, ever, trust a plot that references MacBeth and Puck.

I have no idea how dark this will get, but wow does this episode set up some seriously dark undertones.
Old 2014-04-15, 01:13   Link #333
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache Thunder View Post
I can always hope that "Puck" ends up being the male version of GLaDOS, but something tells me I'm setting my self up for disappointment.

The pink girl doing that all that dancing just to control some sorta special magical Mech seems completely unnecessary and is blatant fanservice, but I suppose I can put up with it as long as there isn't a whole lot of it or a whole set of enemy girls that pop up later that do a lot of the same. I shudder to think what the male characters move sets would be in that thing. :P

Otherwise, it's been engaging for me thus far and will keep watching.
I'm thinking Puck is going to have a large part in this as it goes on, and he already sounds quite sinister despite the perverted tinge. Never trust and AI with that much intelligence and independent will, and is so obviously evil....

The girl has not hit complete annoyance yet, but I have no doubt she'll get there. She has no depth and I'm guessing she's going to be one of the first to die.

From the preview it looks like the male will be fighting next episode, however, he looks like he will instead be taking the raging psychopath route instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
Never, ever, trust a plot that references MacBeth and Puck.

I have no idea how dark this will get, but wow does this episode set up some seriously dark undertones.
Yeah, that part about him choosing what humans will live in his new world is a classic bad guy plot, however I'm interested in seeing how he's going to go about that. However, with a AI named "Puck"? Puck was a fairy that may help you if something was in it for him, but could just as easily turn on you if he felt like it. I would say that a trick or double cross is going to be coming before the end of this, and perhaps Puck is planning to not let any humans live a la Skynet?

Also, the "Macbeth Revolution"? I'm trying to think of any clues from Macbeth's story that can tell me anything about the plan he's attempting?

Let me see...good guy gets convinces through a vague prophecy and his manipulative wife to kill his cousin and king...becomes king by framing the princes...kills best friend to get rid of competition...kills the entire household of threat to his throne...another prophecy leads to false confidence...his wife commits suicide after having gone insane with guilt...good guy has become a cold, merciless, evil tyrant during the entire time...is killed by the man he wronged and his stolen throne is given back to the rightful heir...

Hmm, I can see a few points in there that could be translated in a strategic plan. However, I would think that knowing the ending of Macbeth that perhaps they should have renamed it?

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-15, 03:32   Link #334
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Also, the "Macbeth Revolution"? I'm trying to think of any clues from Macbeth's story that can tell me anything about the plan he's attempting?

Let me see...good guy gets convinces through a vague prophecy and his manipulative wife to kill his cousin and king...becomes king by framing the princes...kills best friend to get rid of competition...kills the entire household of threat to his throne...another prophecy leads to false confidence...his wife commits suicide after having gone insane with guilt...good guy has become a cold, merciless, evil tyrant during the entire time...is killed by the man he wronged and his stolen throne is given back to the rightful heir...

Hmm, I can see a few points in there that could be translated in a strategic plan. However, I would think that knowing the ending of Macbeth that perhaps they should have renamed it?
Well, it could make sense if the plan was to have Daichi play the role of Macbeth: put him under pressure with some fake prophecy, convince him that he has to take matters into his hands, and once he has committed betrayal and dirtied himself with blood enter as the hero of mankind who puts down the traitor and saves the few that can through the Arc (since unfortunately the hero going rogue caused so much losses that defence against aliens isn't viable any more).
I see two weak points with this plan:
1) Daichi doesn't look like the type to be manipulated this way, and
2) who the hell am I kidding? They probably picked the name just 'cos it sounded cool .

But I can totally see why Puck is a fitting name for the imp-ish, trickster AI. I really like it as a character, if its role grew and grew and finally reveal IT was the mastermind and the main villain all along, I'd be happy.

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-19, 10:53   Link #335
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO nononono nOOOoOooOO Why, why they do this to me I was so mad at that scene.................................I rewinded and played it back again

I hate that blue haired guy. The heck, I don't even know his name. I'm pretty sure I was paying attention all this time, but did anyone catch his name? No wait, forget it, I don't want to know his name. He doesn't deserve Moco-chan in fact, I got a feeling this guy is going to waste give up his life for Moco-chan, he be saving her and stuff, and his last words will be "heh" before he blows up in a flaming fireball of flames. Your days are numbered, blue hair

Not a bad episode, but that's because I found out this is a 25 ep series, so it wasn't too slow, but it didn't show much of what I wanted, like, you know..... Hana in a swimsuit What? She went to the beach! Any girl who goes to the beach needs to strip down into a teeny weeny stringy bikini

Looking forward to next ep, I hope that Blue Hair gets super embarrassed in his not-very-blue mecha.

Come on fan artists, get those pens rolling

What the, a loli Moco-chan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esclair View Post
I hope that Salty Dog molester dies a painful painful death.
I hope so too. I say launch him into space on that old rocket and let him crash onto Moco-chan's mecha boobs Daichi-papa style
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-19, 11:09   Link #336
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Captain Earth. Destiny not by Chance

Hello, there.

One third of the shows picked-up by me for this season are BONES production, and I kicked off with Captain Earth.

Honestly, I'm not good at analyzing every bit of dialogue and every bit of situation whenever I watch any kind of show, so rundown for the first episode after only one viewing will be IMO :
- Daichi ending up piloting the Earth Engine wasn't an act of chance, or that's what it looked to me.

- According to the flashbacks, his father told him something in case in case he dies meaning in preparation to something if his father weren't around anymore. Following, the guy at the grave replied to Daichi that his (Daichi's) Father was a great Captain.
- From that guys' memories, Daichi's father died in action protecting the Earth from being crashed by an unknown object.

- I believe his Father wanted for his son to become a Captain in order to protect the Earth.

And, here come lots of questions: what are AEO?, what are Earth Engines?, what secrets does the Council in Black Suits want to keep hidden?, who are the mysterious factions piloting the giant machines?, etc.

However, the most relevant question will be what's going on?
Since I followed the flashbacks without problem, but got lost when Daichi stumbled upon the mysterious, blue-haired girl, and then he got whisked right away into the hangar room.

- What I figured out is that Teppei was intended to be the pilot, probably.

At least, I won't have to worry about both Teppei and Daichi's childhood, mystery girl since the next episode's preview showcases them.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-19, 14:00   Link #337
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Salty Dog is truly worthy of it name, salty as fuck. Somebody just please shot that glasses faggot already. Friggin sent Daichi on the Earth Engine when it wasn't repaired like it suppose to...

Teppei's mech appeared this episode which was called "Albion" or is that Teppei's real name? He is definitely related to the alien.

Hana confirmed as the not-just-standing-there-but-actually-do-something-with-a-pair-of-delicious-melon type heroine unlike the one in a similar anime featuring Nobunaga. The enemy need her for something it seem? Naked Hana also appeared this episode, innocent as hell and that Akari's face when she saw's Hana's boobs is bigger than her.

Akari is funny as hell, trolling her father like that, Lol. Again, she does things rather than just standing there which is great! "I'm the Mahou Shoujo" Hahahahah~

And again, somehow or anyhow just kill that Salty glasses, go fucking die and burn in hell.
Old 2014-04-19, 14:18   Link #338
bakaouji

Yup, it's definitely more Star Driver than anything else, at least for now.

I know I asked the show to slow down a bit, but boy, did this episode mellow out on every front or what. The show's already out of the seemingly abundant energy that fueled the first two episodes. The show's decked with aliens, mechas, secret organizations, spies and all the cloak and dagger machinations that come along with it, but despite everything, somehow this episode came off as utterly ordinary and phoned in.

Four extraordinary kids are cohabiting under one roof and absolutely nothing happens. They just settle into their sedentary routine as if nothing were amiss. There isn't a smidgen of spark in any of the children-- even the genki hacker girl with her enthusiasm couldn't do much to lift the wan mood surrounding the rest of the kids. None of them ask or even wonder about why they're the only ones who can fight these extraterrestrials and the adults do nothing to fill in the blanks. The show, like its character's, expects us to just roll along with it.

I honestly thought I was watching the third act of the show what with how everyone's just acting normal as if its just everyday routine for them. It's so odd to see that the kids are more resilient and appear to be more knowledgeable than their elders.

And it's still too early in the game for me to actually care about Daichi's father who fell to the alien that Daichi was confronting with, given that I don't know anything about him except that he was the former captain, who supposedly died at the hands of Kiltgang. Speaking of who, the show gives us no clue as to why the blue-haired alien brat is so eager to destroy the Earth Engine. Without a proper context to support and connect the story, everything feels arbitrary and random.

So far, only the snazzy visuals have kept my interest-- but that's gonna wane soon unless the story starts making sense soon or at least the characters start acting like humans with common sense. Seriously, Daichi comes off as a guy who's on auto-pilot. He barely registers as the main character.
bakaouji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-19, 14:21   Link #339
Horse

Magical Girl Akari-chan FTW. Albion reminded me of the Festum from Fafner.

PS. I also approve involving Remi in the soundtrack (or so it sounds).
Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-19, 14:31   Link #340
jordantenney56

Akari is hilarous. Friggin puck trying to get that to bang his secretary still. Daichi lost his innocence and restraint lmao seeing hana without her clothes lmao. Teppei is a very interesting character. That bastard from salty dog needs to take a rocket and crash into a asteroid for using daichis dads death against him.

Tags
action