Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2016-01-25, 08:13   Link #321
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Episode 3:
Well, Manato's party are progressing little by little after last week's episode and I'm liking it!

On the other hand, I feel that having both Yume and Shihoru going commando is kinda vulnerable to them.
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-25, 09:27   Link #322
SidVicious
Anime addict

So many death flags...
Old 2016-01-25, 10:05   Link #323
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

How many cours is this getting?

Quote:
where are the other 6 main characters? are they already good and go on their own and our current 6 main characters are the noob one?
Well it was stated that Renji took the best out of them and then also said that Renji's team was ahead of them/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
If by “fun” you mean merciless, unnatural and heavy exposition (pun totally intended), many relentless and huge amount of boob-shots, ass-shots, crotch-shots and many other shameless fanservice antics each episode in a war setting where it should’ve been taken seriously coz many people die… then yeah, I’m glad this show doesn’t have and doesn’t aim for that kind of “fun” (at least so far).
yes exatcly that type of fun, but Grimgar has it's own unique style like HO does. But to understand them, the viewer has to read between the lines and be open.
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Kenju of the Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-25, 10:40   Link #324
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenju of the Right View Post
but Grimgar has it's own unique style like HO does. But to understand them, the viewer has to read between the lines and be open.
So far, I'm fine with this anime approach, thank you. Enjoy your HO and its relentless fanservice.
Old 2016-01-25, 10:56   Link #325
com_gwp

Once again; we need more movie directors making TV animes. Jaw-droppingly beautiful and incredibly animated as always, though this was probably the most "LN" the show has felt so far.

Still plenty of great moments; Yume and Haruhiro's awkward attempts at brokering peace (love her odd Kansai-Ben), and Haruhiro's underpants haggling and victory.

And of course, I'm always up for more of those ponderous conversations between Manato and Haruhiro, which feels more at home in a adolescent drama ala Anohana than a visceral high fantasy show such as this.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-25, 10:56   Link #326
RDNexus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
So far, I'm fine with this anime approach, thank you. Enjoy your HO and its relentless fanservice.
Given that I also like the way HO is despite it's war setting and fanservice shots/scenes, I guess it all goes down to preferences.
And I'm also kind of enjoying Grimgar, despite not having the smallest idea of the pacing of this adaption nor how far it's going.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-25, 13:51   Link #327
moridin84
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
I am still curious about the one that looked like a little girl. She really didn't look like the sort that Renji would have chosen for his team.
A "badass" character having a little kid sidekick is one of those things.

I'm sure she's really OP though.

Quote:
On the other hand, I feel that having both Yume and Shihoru going commando is kinda vulnerable to them.
How? A thin piece of cloth isn't going to do much if they get "attacked".
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-25, 14:31   Link #328
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
A "badass" character having a little kid sidekick is one of those things.

I'm sure she's really OP though.
Yeah, either a very cute mascot for the team or a secret badass. Either way I'm sure she's useful enough .

Quote:
I suppose one could say it could be a trigger to unwanted actions, but the girls are just like the rest. They do have to wash their stuff and hardly have enough money for one set to wear while the other to clean.

Not a bad note by the show that the characters actually do need to wash their stuff, despite the limited wardrobe they have access to right now.
Old 2016-01-25, 14:35   Link #329
ninjastarforcex
Read My Sig :)

and who is this renji again...
Old 2016-01-25, 15:28   Link #330
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjastarforcex View Post
and who is this renji again...
The guy who is the leader of the other group that came with Haru and co.
Old 2016-01-25, 16:06   Link #331
ninjastarforcex
Read My Sig :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
The guy who is the leader of the other group that came with Haru and co.
i hoped those guys are the main characters instead, they look more interesting than these noobs that we have right now
Old 2016-01-25, 16:47   Link #332
zeross87

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjastarforcex View Post
i hoped those guys are the main characters instead, they look more interesting than these noobs that we have right now
then i think you started watching the wrong show and should switch to another "gameworld" show that are out there.
following the "noob"is the point of the show
zeross87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-25, 17:36   Link #333
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
...Good for it? This series doesn't seem to be playing its amnesia that way. The kids still have unconscious knowledge of things they once consciously knew.
I thought it might be interesting if the party members had some forgotten history, remembered only after they formed some completely different relationships with each other.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-25, 18:33   Link #334
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

suddenly feels annoyed with Shihoru for being meek and weak so far

finally the groups managed to kill Goblin regularly

Yume keeps being the best girl while Haruhiro is also pretty good so far
I can't hide my suspicion toward Manato.. He is too perfect
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-25, 19:06   Link #335
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Toei Animation youtube channel uploaded the MV for OP, ED, and Insert song.
So far this is my favourite song for this series.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-26, 01:22   Link #336
Amuris

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeross87 View Post
then i think you started watching the wrong show and should switch to another "gameworld" show that are out there.
following the "noob"is the point of the show
yeah, this is just me being petty but...grimgal is part of the transfer genre, not the gameworld genre.
Old 2016-01-26, 11:15   Link #337
Arya

Another charming episode. I'm pleased by the unusual approach this show is taking. I mean, they are giving all the time to the characters to be themselves, but never giving the feeling of being dragged. At least, for me. The realistic portrayal of the story prevents the narration to be felt dragged, forced, or boring, because even the pauses are relevant and descriptive. Even if the talk about sex is a bit overused.
Well done. I needed a show like that I suppose.
I'm starting to worry about Manato, but not that much yet, I hope he'd need only an arc to make him realize and overcome his fears/doubts and future errors, not be the sacrificial lamb to make the MC take the lead and grow, especially because he is so good, Shihoru won't survive him, and also because it's true that he is the glue of the party, and also without him I don't know if they would survive. On the other hand the character interactions are opening the path to that, even I'd prefer something more than following the creative writing 101.
Sure I won't lament if it's Ranta instead to, well, disappear. But at least don't dare to involve Yume with him!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
mmm, it's the notion of them not wearing underwear that is the key I think. In fact Haruhiro got all aroused the moment he realized it, not just by looking. The thought of them being with no underwear is what he thinks may be dangerous. It's not about the number of clothes.
I took it as related to their group more than to a wider scope. namely Ranta. It's not that the girls would go around like that outside their home after all.
It showed how he was aroused but also worried for them, and also conflicted by these two emotions, in fact at the end his being a man was making him doubt about give them a warning. But he warned them! Basically he is in the middle between Ranta and Manato.

Manato, you can do it!!

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-26, 18:59   Link #338
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

A sense of nostalgia brought me to this show. The premise sounded an awful lot like this Saturday morning show from the 80s. Much better artwork this time around, though.

The thing that strikes me is the way the goblins seem much more human than you usually see goblins depicted, even in something like the Tolkien movies. I'm waiting for the big reveal that they're actually people who were kidnapped from our world, just like the "volunteers."
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-26, 19:28   Link #339
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenju of the Right View Post
How many cours is this getting?
I don't think the amount BD and DVDs have been announced yet, best just to default assuming it's the standard 12 or 13 episodes until that information comes to light.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-27, 03:40   Link #340
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBOvenGuy View Post
The thing that strikes me is the way the goblins seem much more human than you usually see goblins depicted, even in something like the Tolkien movies. I'm waiting for the big reveal that they're actually people who were kidnapped from our world, just like the "volunteers."
Yeah, I was thinking something similar. I thought of Shinsekai Yori.

The most odd thing, and also the one that remind me more of a MMO, is that the goblins aren't aggressive, they don't seem to be an enemy, but more just mobs (letting aside their realistic portrayal).
So I wonder if at certain point the story will/could evolve into PvP That would a turning point toward a far darker path.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, fantasy, slice of life, slow story