Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2023-08-13, 06:39   Link #321
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
That was pretty good. I like that it managed to balance out letting Rukia have her moment, but also getting Byakuya in there. This guy did take him down so not having him involved at all would have been a bit unsatisfying.
I think it'd have been funny if she'd won with just her shikai and Byakuya arrived just after the battle. Like "Why did you even use your bankai for, idiot?"
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-13, 22:12   Link #322
alex_drian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I guess we can call these wins for Soi Fon and Hitsugaya then? I mean they didn't kill their opponents, but their actions did get them killed.

I'm kind of with Ishida in questioning killing off their forces even if it powers up Yhwach. Though I guess that's hard to say with certainty since their true goals remain in shadow. If it was purely about revenge then honestly it makes little sense. But clearly Yhwach is powering himself up for something. Which definitely isn't good .
I don't want to count those fights as wins for Hitsugaya and Soi Fon because where their opponents not be executed for merely losing consciousness they would have been killed as Cang Du and BG9 where basically fine and didn't even let them fight in full power.

But at least we have Yhwach partial reasoning for this even if it doesn't contribute to the success of the invasion.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-14, 06:34   Link #323
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Rukia's bankai looked good but she didn't even move. Maybe the anime will have her at least use it again? I don't remember Rukia fighting again in the mangaka or at least show the bankai like Ichigo tends to show off his own.
Old 2023-08-14, 18:40   Link #324
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
Rukia's bankai looked good but she didn't even move. Maybe the anime will have her at least use it again? I don't remember Rukia fighting again in the mangaka or at least show the bankai like Ichigo tends to show off his own.
I'm pretty sure she can't move. All her bankai does is unleash some big AoE absolute zero attack. If you just go out of her range before she activates it, she's screwed. Byakuya had to hold her hand so it wouldn't break. Pretty sure a simple punch would kill her.
Old 2023-08-15, 09:47   Link #325
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I'm pretty sure she can't move. All her bankai does is unleash some big AoE absolute zero attack. If you just go out of her range before she activates it, she's screwed. Byakuya had to hold her hand so it wouldn't break. Pretty sure a simple punch would kill her.
That's my understanding as well. She looks stunning though.
Old 2023-08-15, 12:14   Link #326
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Maybe she'll be able to move and fight normally after a century of training? That's how long it takes to master a bankai if you're not the MC, doesn't it?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-15, 12:59   Link #327
Frontier

It's the first time she's used this Bankai, I think there's a good chance as she trains and hones it more she can possibly do more with it than a single AoE attack.
Old 2023-08-15, 18:07   Link #328
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Maybe she'll be able to move and fight normally after a century of training? That's how long it takes to master a bankai if you're not the MC, doesn't it?
It takes 10 years to master a bankai according to Byakuya. I agree Rukia will most likely be able to move after she masters it, but she obviously won't do it in this arc.
Old 2023-08-15, 19:52   Link #329
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_drian View Post
I don't want to count those fights as wins for Hitsugaya and Soi Fon because where their opponents not be executed for merely losing consciousness they would have been killed as Cang Du and BG9 where basically fine and didn't even let them fight in full power.

But at least we have Yhwach partial reasoning for this even if it doesn't contribute to the success of the invasion.
Probably true. But I kind of want to give them this one since they really don't get many decisive wins as it is . They are alive and their opponents aren't. Well they are probably alive. Hitsugaya's situation got a bit hazy after he collapsed.

All kind of balances out anyways. Hitsugaya and Soi Fon couldn't fight at full power either. They got back the ability to use Bankai, but only after they were half dead. Impressive work by both to gut out what I'll call a very slight win. I'm not sure about Cang Du's condition, but BG9 looked like a mess. Fair enough after taking a missile to the face .

On that note, not sure what I should say about Bambietta. Maybe could say that she's fortunate that Ishida didn't also arrive to pick her up. But considering she really didn't look happy about her situation I'm not sure that's accurate. Considering the lack of camaraderie among the Quincy she might be only slightly better off than outright being executed. Will be interesting to get some answers regarding what ended up happening to her.

Honestly, I do agree it's not really a win for those two. At best it's a draw since both sides had to/were forced to retreat. But it's kind of nice that if you look purely at the results that they can walk away from this while their opponents...are being carted away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
It's the first time she's used this Bankai, I think there's a good chance as she trains and hones it more she can possibly do more with it than a single AoE attack.
Yeah, I'm sure the ideal result will be her gaining the ability to move in that state. It's a very tricky Bankai and she's only just gained the ability to use it at all. I might compare it to Byakuya's Bankai in that sense. How long did it take for him to manage to figure out and set up that safe zone? That's also a Bankai that could easily kill its user if not handled with care.

Although I would say right now...Rukia's Bankai is already pretty awesome. That thing has instant kill strength. Sadly it is an all or nothing Bankai right now. It can outright end enemies like we saw here. But if she misses or they somehow endure it...she's done. She can't move and needs a decent amount of time to thaw herself out. If she hurries it she'll just self-destruct. For now it'll be something that requires a good sense of timing.
Old 2023-08-19, 10:00   Link #330
Frontier

Sucks for Yachiru and Isane that they get stuck fighting an old creep like Guenael, especially when he can just appear and disappear from both their sight and minds. Though you can tell what squad Yachiru is from because she always instinctively goes to punch him .

Oh snap, Yachiru's using her Zanpakuto! And it...has like two servants who deliver her attacks to anyone she slices at, whether it connects or not? Um...well, that's a pretty unique Shikai. She even dances with them too !

It seemed like they might actually win this fight until Natsuki Hanae turns up as Gremmy who apparently just imagined Guenael into existence and then just straight up blows him because he doesn't need him any more, turns Yachiru's bones into cookies that crumble every time she moves, and unceremoniously kills Kensei and Rose with just his thoughts. Yeah, they might be screwed .

Until Kenpachi Freakin' Zaraki shows up to slice @#$% up! It was kind of sad seeing Isane finally realize Unohana died, but at least she knew that it's what Unohana would've wanted .

Kenny, a man who can slice through anything, versus Gremmy, a man who can make anything he thinks of into reality. Really the only advantage on Kenpachi's side is that not only can he find a way to cut anything he puts his mind to but Gremmy can't always maintain the stuff he imagines. But then of course he just makes doubles of himself .

Holy crud, Kenpachi just unleashed his Shikai! His Zanpakuto's name is Nozarashi! It's a giant axe! All the better to cut with! And he SLICES A METEOR !!!!

Gremmy undone because he imagines himself stronger than Kenpachi and he physically cannot be as strong as Kenpachi. I guess that's about it for a guy who turns out to have been a brain in a jar. No one can bend reality to defeat Kenpachi and the reality of his strength and blade .
Old 2023-08-19, 18:10   Link #331
Gerard07

Having watched the chapter, Yachiru defeated his enemy, Kenpachi reappeared to cut a meteor with his Shikai and defeat his enemy with his enormous power, and the war continues (I read the manga a long time ago, not sure what fight is coming now ), good to wait for the next chapter!.
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-19, 18:29   Link #332
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'm glad they got it over fast because this fight never made any sense. Unlike Gremmy, it is recommended you do not use your brain and just enjoy Kenpachi doing ridiculous stuff. I don't think there was a better way for the long awaited debut of Kenpachi's shikai than to have him cut down a giant meteor.

Next week will have my favorite "fight" of the arc. I hope they expand on it because it was over too fast in the manga.
Old 2023-08-20, 14:20   Link #333
alex_drian

Good thing this dude is dead and wasn't mature enough to properly know how to use his powers because he's probably the strongest enemy until know aside from Aizen. If Kenpachi wasn't here he would have solo'd all the Seireitei. I suppose this makes Unohana sacrifice worthy. Unohana is strong and everything but even she can't cut through a meteor as big as the Seireitei. I'm not even sure Yamamoto would have been able, or tank that space void attack.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-20, 18:24   Link #334
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

For someone possessing such hax powers, Gremmy is beyond idiotic in using it. Or more like, it's all due to the idiotic writing.
Old 2023-08-22, 09:29   Link #335
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
For someone possessing such hax powers, Gremmy is beyond idiotic in using it. Or more like, it's all due to the idiotic writing.
Well, he is just a brain after all .
Old 2023-08-22, 09:38   Link #336
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Well, he is just a brain after all .
If he has the intelligence to use his imagination to turn someone's bones into cookies, he should be smart enough to make his enemies simply disappear into thin air like Thanos did. Why even bother with complicated & energy-consuming stuffs like guns, clones, space & meteor if you can just Thanos-snap your enemy from existence using your imagination power? Simple & effective, but that requires sensical writing.

Nah, Gremmy is just a dumb villain born from dumb writing.
Old 2023-08-22, 10:25   Link #337
Dextro
He Without a Title

Gotta admit: can't really muster even the slimmest amount of arguments to play Devil's Advocate over Gremmy. The entire premise of the character feels Mary Sue-esque. The "power" is so OP that the only way to beat it is to come up with an even more BS excuse for him to lose. Really not the best writing in Bleach.
Old 2023-08-22, 11:32   Link #338
azenable
President of TecoT

Quote:
Sucks for Yachiru and Isane that they get stuck fighting an old creep like Guenael, especially when he can just appear and disappear from both their sight and minds. Though you can tell what squad Yachiru is from because she always instinctively goes to punch him .

Oh snap, Yachiru's using her Zanpakuto! And it...has like two servants who deliver her attacks to anyone she slices at, whether it connects or not? Um...well, that's a pretty unique Shikai. She even dances with them too !

It seemed like they might actually win this fight until Natsuki Hanae turns up as Gremmy who apparently just imagined Guenael into existence and then just straight up blows him because he doesn't need him any more, turns Yachiru's bones into cookies that crumble every time she moves, and unceremoniously kills Kensei and Rose with just his thoughts. Yeah, they might be screwed .

Until Kenpachi Freakin' Zaraki shows up to slice @#$% up! It was kind of sad seeing Isane finally realize Unohana died, but at least she knew that it's what Unohana would've wanted .

Kenny, a man who can slice through anything, versus Gremmy, a man who can make anything he thinks of into reality. Really the only advantage on Kenpachi's side is that not only can he find a way to cut anything he puts his mind to but Gremmy can't always maintain the stuff he imagines. But then of course he just makes doubles of himself .

Holy crud, Kenpachi just unleashed his Shikai! His Zanpakuto's name is Nozarashi! It's a giant axe! All the better to cut with! And he SLICES A METEOR !!!!

Gremmy undone because he imagines himself stronger than Kenpachi and he physically cannot be as strong as Kenpachi. I guess that's about it for a guy who turns out to have been a brain in a jar. No one can bend reality to defeat Kenpachi and the reality of his strength and blade .
Thank you for all these years Yachiru
azenable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-22, 11:50   Link #339
Frontier

Quote:
If he has the intelligence to use his imagination to turn someone's bones into cookies, he should be smart enough to make his enemies simply disappear into thin air like Thanos did. Why even bother with complicated & energy-consuming stuffs like guns, clones, space & meteor if you can just Thanos-snap your enemy from existence using your imagination power? Simple & effective, but that requires sensical writing.

Honestly the way they portrayed the character he came off like a sadist who enjoys flexing, he just found the worst opponent to flex against and that did him in because he couldn't believe anyone was as strong as Kenpachi to the point of defeating himself .
Old 2023-08-22, 16:17   Link #340
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:

Gremmy is clearly a sadist that enjoys playing with his food. Just making people disappear might have worked against Kotetsu but he couldn't try that shit against Kenpachi because his reiatsu is just too high for it.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote