AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-12-08, 12:19   Link #321
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Well, it's not an Andrew Lloyd Webber show, so thats a whole another level, if you know what I mean. 8)
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-09, 07:29   Link #322
Mizkyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewelray View Post
And it's exactly the same as the real billboards in new york, only the name is changed. It's not like something like that would be really hard to find out, but for some reason it surprised me a little that it was so accurate. At least, it made a nice touch.
I think that was probably done on purpose, to avoid copyright problems - rather than out of ignorance. You see that kind of thing a lot in animé where they want to bring in familiar environments, but don't want to be sued into the ground.
Mizkyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-10, 11:16   Link #323
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Thanks again to Impz. Your blog synopses are helping to understand each episode for Red Garden.

Spoiler:

Something curious about Rachel that I noted in episode nine was after all this mess she has been sucked into and the bonding she has established with the other self, she has grown quite tired to hang out with her old group of folks for night outs.
Her random meeting and conversation with the teacher was cute.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-10, 12:16   Link #324
DoReMiFaSo
Samba!!

Guido:

Spoiler for ep9:

Episode 10 explains a lot more about the background. I am inclined to say that Lula is a good person after all.
Spoiler for ep 10:

BTW, they are starting to reuse their previous eyecatchers. Too bad they don't make new ones anymore.

Oh, the new clothes the girls wear are pretty nice, and the background is great.
DoReMiFaSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-10, 12:37   Link #325
Impz
Insanity Anime Blogger

I have just watched episode 10 (and well, the summary will come pretty soon on my blog). For now, my thoughts at 1.33 am.

Spoiler for episode 10:
Impz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-10, 13:09   Link #326
Jewelray

Send a message via AIM to Jewelray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizkyu View Post
I think that was probably done on purpose, to avoid copyright problems - rather than out of ignorance. You see that kind of thing a lot in animé where they want to bring in familiar environments, but don't want to be sued into the ground.
I assumed that was the reason. I was commenting more on its accuracy, not that the name was different.
Jewelray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-12, 07:12   Link #327
Impz
Insanity Anime Blogger

As a bump as well as anything else. This is my take on the episode in my blog.

Episode 10 summary + screenshots + thoughts

Cheers, and comments if you think that I misinterpreted anything in it ^_^
Impz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-12, 11:53   Link #328
Schneizel
uwu
*Fansubber

...>_>

Anyone got a suggestion on what to put for Herve's family name? Lula says something like "Dororu". Herve and Mireille are considered to be names of French origin, so I am going to be stereotypical and say their last name might be French, but I also have no idea how Japanese people pronounce French to be able to pick a French surname...

And this QCer is like "hay, Dror" (a russian surname), which sounds pretty badass!!
Schneizel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-12, 11:59   Link #329
Grv
宜しく
*Fansubber

Could just bodge it and use "Dior".
Old 2006-12-12, 12:19   Link #330
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

ドロル = De Lore? Delore?

That's what I think it is. Herve de Lore.
Old 2006-12-12, 12:41   Link #331
Schneizel
uwu
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet View Post
ドロル = De Lore? Delore?

That's what I think it is. Herve de Lore.
Ooh, that sounds good. I am thinking Delor or de Lore is plausible.

Anyways, thanks. X)!
Schneizel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-12, 18:34   Link #332
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

I watched episode 8 fansub made by the group 'gg' and I found it somewhat strange. Somehow it looked very fuzzy, degraded and 'bleached out'.

Of course, I watched the raw of this episode many weeks ago, but I seem to remember that it looked a lot sharper and the colors were a lot more vibrant. I only noticed this because Red Garden has one of the most vibrant color palettes of any anime airing right now and it is one of the reasons why I watch it.

Whoever watched both the raw video and the said fansub, can you confirm or debunk my observations? Was it really this pallid and discolored?

Additionally, is anyone watching other fansubs? How are they doing in comparison?
Old 2006-12-12, 23:05   Link #333
DoReMiFaSo
Samba!!

Just watched episode 11.
Spoiler for ep 11:
Old 2006-12-13, 00:35   Link #334
mintyfresh
Altoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoReMiFaSo View Post
Just watched episode 11.
Spoiler for ep 11:
Spoiler:
mintyfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-13, 13:19   Link #335
DoReMiFaSo
Samba!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mintyfresh View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for ep11:
Old 2006-12-13, 14:26   Link #336
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

It seems that the more I learn about Herve and his family, the more I wonder what the hell is going on. Create humans? Can't they, you know, just find some women and marry them? Have they been marrying in the family since the curse struck? If everyone carries the curse but only (or mainly) the women are in danger of turning into monsters then what's up with the beast men the girls are exterminating?

Lula seemed genuinely concerned about Claire during their conversation, somehow she seems more "human" and caring as the series progresses. Which in a sense is disappointing because Tanaka Rie can voice the villain like the best of them.
Herve strikes me as someone who is going to switch sides sooner or later. I do wonder why didn't he attack Claire when she came to investigate the mansion in episode four, if we assume Lula was not lying when she said the Delors are after the new bodies.
Credit to Claire for not arguing much with her brother. I am curious to see their father.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-13, 18:51   Link #337
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Ex post episode 11, I can already foresee the direction where Kate's storyline will go.

Spoiler:

The episode was good. Animation was somewhat limited, but it didn't detract much from the episode except in maybe a place or two, which could have used better body movement. It wasn't terrible, or anything, but some scenes looked clunky and unnatural. E.g. Rachel's fight with Luke and Claire's talk with her boss.
Old 2006-12-14, 02:40   Link #338
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Ep 9.

The more I see of this show, the more impressed I get. It looks like it's taking the time to construct a very good story, with both the protagonists and antagonists well analyzed and none having trite or lacking motivations for fighting each other. The mystery has been well established and there have been a few subtle hints at some big plot twists to come down the road. It really has taken the right amount of time and focus in setting up the elements of a good story, so with every passing episode I become less and less fearful that they'll blow it. Fingers crossed that they won't.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-14, 11:36   Link #339
Lost

Please, I desperately need to know who Rose's seiyuu is and titles of any other songs she has sung. Her singing voice is
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-14, 11:43   Link #340
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost View Post
Please, I desperately need to know who Rose's seiyuu is and titles of any other songs she has sung. Her singing voice is
Anime News Network is your friend (though the terrible new look of the site is not) - http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...e.php?id=42073

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, supernatural