Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-06-11, 12:07   Link #321
GDB

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/06/11...them-at-least/

Well, I'm off the hype train for this crap already:

Quote:
When asked about potential sequels at their presentation in Los Angeles this morning, Square Enix stated that Final Fantasy XV is such a large-scale game that many stories may come at a later time.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-11, 12:18   Link #322
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post

Can I join you?
I'm disappointed with a lot of things Square Enix did today. And still no release date or release window yet.
Old 2013-06-11, 12:18   Link #323
Folenfant
Banned

I just miss the time when Square Enix still cared about it's other franchises like Valkyrie Profile, Mana Series and Front Mission. It really doesn't seem like all that long ago, but now it honestly feels like every single time there's an announcement from them it's a new Kingdom Hearts or FF spinoff. That's why I consider Bravely Default to be the most interesting game from them in ages if for no other reason than it's finally a JRPG release from them again that wasn't one of those two.

I'm not particularly disappointed in Square Enix today probably because my expectations are already too low at this point for that to happen anymore. I'd rather at least give them some credit for actually making the attempt to talk to it's audience....it's been a while.
Folenfant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-11, 12:20   Link #324
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Lol wow you guys " GOD I hope that female characters are playable."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Oh it's not that, It's that the moment theres a female character. "omg awesome i hope we can play as her instead of the male lead, eww" :-P
Try not to be too dense, okay?

There's a reason I am getting to the point where I just won't buy games that don't have female protagonists. We (that is, women) and the other we (that is, gay people) are tired of being ignored by the industry (that is, a buncha dudes, who are probably straight) and not having any protagonists we can actually identify with.

You (a dude) can't fucking complain because virtually all games ever created have male protagonists. Very few have female ones (and even fewer gay female ones). So yeah, I don't get what your complaint even has to do with anything, honestly, except maybe being annoyed that a man might be interested in playing as a female protagonist--which I call bullshit on, because if the situation were inverted with a woman wanting to play a male protagonist, you'd have no problem with it.
Old 2013-06-11, 12:23   Link #325
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folenfant View Post
I just miss the time when Square Enix still cared about it's other franchises like Valkyrie Profile, Mana Series and Front Mission. It really doesn't seem like all that long ago, but now it honestly feels like every single time there's an announcement from them it's a new Kingdom Hearts or FF spinoff. That's why I consider Bravely Default to be the most interesting game from them in ages if for no other reason than it's finally a JRPG release from them again that wasn't one of those two.

I'm not particularly disappointed in Square Enix today probably because my expectations are already too low at this point for that to happen anymore. I'd rather at least give them some credit for actually making the attempt to talk to it's audience....it's been a while.
Most of my disappointment is just towards the view that Square Enix has not reformed their ideologies and policies enough after firing Wada. That and with Japan not having a release date window for the Xbox One, there is a small possibility that it will cause a delay in XV's release date or release date window.
Old 2013-06-11, 12:26   Link #326
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Quote:
Questioner wanted to know how far along XV is, but Hashimoto said it was too early to say. "Development is moving forward," he said.
Ouch...still in development and too early to say? Seriously?
Old 2013-06-11, 12:27   Link #327
Folenfant
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalfury View Post
Most of my disappointment is just towards the view that Square Enix has not reformed their ideologies and policies enough after firing Wada. That and with Japan not having a release date window for the Xbox One, there is a small possibility that it will cause a delay in XV's release date or release date window.
I didn't think they would have. It's going to take a lot longer than a few months to turn things around in a really noticeable way considering how deep in the hole they appeared to have been. The fact that there's finally been some forward progress on talking to gamers and that we've seen footage and confirmation that things are actually happening within the company is a baby step in the right direction though. I'm trying to be realistic about this, I mean literally NOTHING appeared to be happening at Square Enix proper the last few years under Wada besides the work Eidos was doing, Bravely Default and some cell phone games. This is SOMETHING. Something is at least better than nothing I guess even if it just means more of the same for now. If they're still where they are now in 2-3 more years and well into the next generation of consoles I'd say it's time to just give up completely on them as utterly hopeless though.

I mostly just wonder what it's going to take if it's even possible to get Square Enix to utilize some of it's other franchises I've loved over the years. I don't think I'd like anything more than a new traditional style Front Mission and HD Valkyrie Profile game. Lenneth in HD using Niebelung Valesti looks positively gorgeous in my imagination.
Old 2013-06-11, 12:27   Link #328
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Probably not going to be released on the XboxOne in Japan like how FFXIII was done.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-11, 12:34   Link #329
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
I didn't think they would have. It's going to take a lot longer than a few months to turn things around in a really noticeable way considering how deep in the hole they appeared to have been. The fact that there's finally been some forward progress on talking to gamers and that we've seen footage and confirmation that things are actually happening within the company is a baby step in the right direction though. I'm trying to be realistic about this, I mean literally NOTHING appeared to be happening at Square Enix proper the last few years under Wada besides the work Eidos was doing, Bravely Default and some cell phone games. This is SOMETHING. Something is at least better than nothing I guess even if it just means more of the same for now.
You make valid points and I will concede that a lot of my annoyance with Square Enix is unjustifiable. I guess my real frustration comes from the fact that Sony actually learned from their mistakes last gen and are coming up strong now while Square Enix is slowly improving at a snails pace. Announcing FFXV and KH3 was a good move, but I fear that their ideologies will attempt to weaken the amount of credibility that they gained with their audience during the reveal.
Old 2013-06-11, 12:34   Link #330
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Whaa, an action RPG game rather than a proper turn based RPG?
I was expecting it to be like FFX :|
Old 2013-06-11, 12:37   Link #331
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tong View Post
...Why? Have you not seen the glimpses we've had since 2006?
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-11, 12:38   Link #332
Folenfant
Banned

Quote:
You make valid points and I will concede that a lot of my annoyance with Square Enix is unjustifiable. I guess my real frustration comes from the fact that Sony actually learned from their mistakes last gen and are coming up strong now while Square Enix is slowly improving at a snails pace. Announcing FFXV and KH3 was a good move, but I fear that their ideologies will attempt to weaken the amount of credibility that they gained with their audience during the reveal.
I'm pretty annoyed at them too, it's just my overwhelming compulsion to give people a chance when they seem to at least be trying is temporarily overriding it. I don't expect much to come of it, but at least they've given me cause to pay attention to them again. In the meantime I've got Tales of Xillia and Shin Megami Tensei IV coming out to keep my console JRPG gaming going strong potentially into 2014.
Old 2013-06-11, 12:45   Link #333
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
...Why? Have you not seen the glimpses we've had since 2006?
That's because Versus 13 is now oficially 15. Thought 15 would be THE Final Fantasy, and Versus the spin-off.
Old 2013-06-11, 12:48   Link #334
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
I'm pretty annoyed at them too, it's just my overwhelming compulsion to give people a chance when they seem to at least be trying is temporarily overriding it. I don't expect much to come of it, but at least they've given me cause to pay attention to them again. In the meantime I've got Tales of Xillia and Shin Megami Tensei IV coming out to keep my console JRPG gaming going strong potentially into 2014.
Tales of Xillia and Symphonia Chronicles should be enough to satisfy me. The whole porting to another console doesn't bother me, but couldn't they make it cross gen or something for PS3, 360, Wii U? After all, they can just port it.
Old 2013-06-11, 12:48   Link #335
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tong View Post
Most of the game-playing world at large is sick and tired of attack-magic-item-run crap. We want our combat to be exciting and engaging. Not the boring, read-a-book-while-mashing-X combat that most JRPGs seem to have.

There are reasons why WRPGs are kicking JRPG ass in sales these days, and this is one of the big reasons--the combat is just more fun.
Old 2013-06-11, 13:00   Link #336
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:

I'm not because has nothing to do with the quality of this game.

Besides this is more important:
Quote:
When asked if it was difficult to do turn-based combat in a game that has the production values of Final Fantasy XV, Hashimoto stated that he feels there is a future for both action-based RPGs as well as command-based ones. Square feel that the action-based combat fits Final Fantasy XV.
So there you go, just as I said before FFXV being an action RPG doesn't mean every FF thereafter will be one.

Now I just wish get some info and release date hopefully sometime next year.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-11, 13:08   Link #337
GDB

Well, judging by 13, when they have plans to make sequels now they just half-ass each installment until they figure they can't anymore, and then put out a final one to truly end it. Thus, I feel that them stating that 15 is large scale enough to get more stories later means they're going to half ass this one. Especially since they've been developing it for 7 years and it still doesn't have an end in sight. So, like 13, all graphics no substance?
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-11, 13:13   Link #338
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

While I infinitely agree that I find action RPG's more fun and interesting to play compared to menu-based command ones, I'll have to disagree that they don't have a place anymore.

You won't really find command-based games developed outside Japan sure, but that's because the Japanese market is the main audience these kind of games appeal to and that's the audience these developers place focus on.
Old 2013-06-11, 13:18   Link #339
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

I think even Japanese gamers are starting to get over it, considering how insanely well Dark Souls sold.
Old 2013-06-11, 13:18   Link #340
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Well, judging by 13, when they have plans to make sequels now they just half-ass each installment until they figure they can't anymore, and then put out a final one to truly end it. Thus, I feel that them stating that 15 is large scale enough to get more stories later means they're going to half ass this one. Especially since they've been developing it for 7 years and it still doesn't have an end in sight. So, like 13, all graphics no substance?
Not every FF with sequels ended up like FFXIII or its offspring games. Besides there are no sequels for FFXV in development. They may have one down the line in who knows when but that's it. It says nothing about quality of FFXV unless you think FFVII, FFX FFT and FFXII are sudden crap due to having external games.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote