AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Maria-sama

Notices

Old 2004-02-24, 00:25   Link #321
guess

I was soooo sad to see Yumi cry because of Sachiko’s misunderstanding. I cannot believe that Sachiko is so harsh on her!! I thought Sachiko would consider raising her voice to anybody was too unladylike. She tells Yumi how she feels about her, although it is totally the opposite of what Yumi thinks, hence the misunderstanding. But it shows that Sachiko is now doing better of expressing her emotions and just how much she cares about Yumi. I don’t think she has ever shouted at people like that! Still, I was heart broken to see Yumi cry like that.
I think I am gradually changing my idea about relationships among these girls, as the story progresses and reveals more and more….

A side note: wow, Yoshino passionately refuses the proposal from the school news club, that is something. I didn’t know that she had it in her.
Rei, you lucky girl.
Correction: Rei and Yoshino are both lucky to have each other.
guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-24, 02:14   Link #322
laurore31

no no no no no no more spoiler !!! I want to know by myself !! but I cannot prevent myself from reading your spoiler, so --> dame !!!! zetai dame !!!!!

I hope for a 8th episode with Canina & Sei (but not too close), Rei & Yoshino (tooooo close), Shimako and a new student... (you will understand at the second year) or with Sei (toooo close!!!!) and I want Sachiko to comfort Yumi and takes her in her arms ... i'm dreaming but now oups i'm going to work.

have a nice day, mina-san :-)
laurore31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-24, 02:28   Link #323
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurore31
no no no no no no more spoiler !!! I want to know by myself !! but I cannot prevent myself from reading your spoiler, so --> dame !!!! zetai dame !!!!!

I hope for a 8th episode with Canina & Sei (but not too close), Rei & Yoshino (tooooo close), Shimako and a new student... (you will understand at the second year) or with Sei (toooo close!!!!) and I want Sachiko to comfort Yumi and takes her in her arms ... i'm dreaming but now oups i'm going to work.

have a nice day, mina-san :-)
Actually...if you REALLY wanted to know (I strongly suggest that you do not read this)...

Spoiler:
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-24, 03:04   Link #324
aniforever

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
Actually...if you REALLY wanted to know (I strongly suggest that you do not read this)...

Spoiler:

eh is that the pairing for ep 8 or the pairing for season 1 or 2?

also what do you mean rei and yoshino not really? do you know something that i don't if yes then please tell me or else i'll kill myself trying to figure it out. onegai.....
aniforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-24, 03:47   Link #325
Göönk
Macross fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniforever

also what do you mean rei and yoshino not really? do you know something that i don't if yes then please tell me or else i'll kill myself trying to figure it out. onegai.....
"Pairing" means "Soeurs" or "Couples" or "Friends" or "Enemies"
Göönk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-24, 09:28   Link #326
Lanimoo
Disabled By Request

Quote:
there's our "yoshino clone" in this forum >.<
Lanimoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-24, 09:44   Link #327
SleeplessHeart
Sakuya - Rosa Tsukkomi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanimoo
there's our "yoshino clone" in this forum >.<
After watching up to episode 7, I understand now why yoshino is one of the most favourite character in Japan. Her popularity beats Yumi, it is kind like Azumanga Daioh where Osaka unexpectedly has beaten chinyo in popularity.
SleeplessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-24, 09:52   Link #328
aniforever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Göönk
"Pairing" means "Soeurs" or "Couples" or "Friends" or "Enemies"
ooooh i c so it doesn't just mean couples it can also mean enemies. ok gotcha. thank. i was wondering how far ahead is the manga or is it about the same as the anime?
aniforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-24, 13:04   Link #329
pkgirl163

Send a message via AIM to pkgirl163 Send a message via MSN to pkgirl163
Quote:
ooooh i c so it doesn't just mean couples it can also mean enemies. ok gotcha. thank. i was wondering how far ahead is the manga or is it about the same as the anime?
The manga is actually way behind the anime right now. The farthest I have read is chapter 8, and that is the start of the Yellow Rose Revolution arc; does anyone know if chapter 9 is out already, and if not, when it will be out?
pkgirl163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-24, 13:11   Link #330
laurore31

Lanimoo : i really don't look like yoshino

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleeplessHeart
After watching up to episode 7, I understand now why yoshino is one of the most favourite character in Japan. Her popularity beats Yumi, it is kind like Azumanga Daioh where Osaka unexpectedly has beaten chinyo in popularity.
i'm surprised... i prefer Sachiko, Sei and Yumi. i can understand why Yoshino is liked but I don't divide this opinion. Sachiko and Sei POWERRRR !!!! lol
Old 2004-02-24, 15:19   Link #331
lordwu

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkgirl163
The manga is actually way behind the anime right now. The farthest I have read is chapter 8, and that is the start of the Yellow Rose Revolution arc; does anyone know if chapter 9 is out already, and if not, when it will be out?
Margarite, the magazine that publishes marimite manga, is semi-monthly and should be on the shelfs on the 5 and 20 of each month. Ch. 9 should be out already but finding a scan online would be a different issue.
lordwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-24, 20:13   Link #332
SleeplessHeart
Sakuya - Rosa Tsukkomi

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkgirl163
It is out, I have bought it just for fun. As usual, the quality of paper is not so good, not ideal for scanning

Spoiler:

Last edited by SleeplessHeart; 2004-02-24 at 20:23.
Old 2004-02-25, 02:15   Link #333
laurore31

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleeplessHeart
It is out, I have bought it just for fun. As usual, the quality of paper is not so good, not ideal for scanning
where did you find the manga ? on lililicious ' site there is only one chapter :-(
Old 2004-02-25, 02:40   Link #334
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:

Spoiler:
Old 2004-02-25, 04:48   Link #335
SleeplessHeart
Sakuya - Rosa Tsukkomi

Quote:
where did you find the manga ? on lililicious ' site there is only one chapter :-(
I have an easy access to buy japanese books. I am happy to see lililicious' initiative to translate the manga. If they recent copies of the margaret magazine, I can provide them. However my suggestion to them is to wait until the manga release. The serialized manga in margaret magazine has inferior quality due to the paper they are usingl
Old 2004-02-25, 09:27   Link #336
Lanimoo
Disabled By Request

Unhappy -_-

the ost comes out today, and I can't even buy it -_- ...... damn credit card seucrity won't let my buy it because my billing statements go to my godfather.... -_-

humm....
:whistles to a gloomy winnie the pooh tune:

for those who want to buy it, the only place i know that has it is:
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=FCCM-15

yipee for them -_-

Lanimoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-25, 12:48   Link #337
RyuHayabusa

Send a message via AIM to RyuHayabusa
Well, I finished watching episode 7 this morning. I like how the story is moving along. I feel sorry for yumi-chan, cause she is not avoiding Sachilo, is that she doesn't know how to express her feelings towards her, and I guess by the thing that she's doing, Sachiko is taking it the wrong way. That my viewpoint anyhoo. I can't wait for episode 8 to come out and resolve this conflict or misunderstanding between Yumi and Sachiko. ^_^
RyuHayabusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-25, 14:04   Link #338
laurore31

sleeplessheart : thanks for your answer :-) i wish lililicious wait for the manga release. that must be great of reading Japanese. you are not worried about English releases.

lanimoo : yes i will buy it when I can see the pics of it on cdJapan :-) the orders are delivered in 4 days, therefore i'm not in a hurry.

Ruy : this episode is awesome. As you say it, it is difficult to wait for the next episode ; the story and the relations advance without being too slow and we are never bored ! i like this series so much !!!!
Old 2004-02-25, 14:55   Link #339
gourami

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
Spoiler:
Did you know this from the novel?
I can't wait to see Yoshino's face.
gourami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-25, 19:11   Link #340
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gourami
Did you know this from the novel?
I can't wait to see Yoshino's face.
Yes. Last year, there was widespread interest in the novel "Maria-sama ga Miteru" among the otaku world (probably was even before when it was first published back in 1998).

Rumors of being animated started to fly around in the middle of 2003.

By Winter Comike 2003, many doujin groups started selling doujinshis and doujin games about Mari-mite.

Unfortunately, since I was too caught up with playing ero-games, I fell late in catching the speculation. After perusing the doujinshis from Winter Comike 2003, I felt the extreme urge to read the original story. Hence, I rushed over to the nearest Gamers and Animate store (Ikebukuro) to buy the entire 16 volumes.

Luckily, I was able to read through the entire 16 volumes before the anime started airing.