AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-12-15, 12:00   Link #321
Sassarai
Army of One

Who's further then me? I'm about to beat the 4th dungeon =) .
Sassarai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 13:06   Link #322
Sciel
Etoilé

On True Ending Path , Last dungeon now .
Sciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 14:30   Link #323
Chrono Helix

I beat the game already.
Spoiler:
Chrono Helix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 17:43   Link #324
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Heh, you guys really have free time on your hands.
So, please spoil me. Like P3, the S-links make no difference right? The game's ending is the same?
Old 2008-12-16, 01:49   Link #325
Shadow Kira01

I got to second dungeon and.. After an hour of climbing the floors, gaining levels, and opening tons of chests, I stumbled over something weak..

Spoiler:
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-16, 10:33   Link #326
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

I heard that you can only date one girl per playthrough at this game. .

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-16, 11:44   Link #327
Sciel
Etoilé

You can date them all. I've got Rise , Yukiko , Chie and
Spoiler for spoilarz:

as my lovers .
Old 2008-12-16, 13:34   Link #328
Shadow Kira01

Regarding the culprit..

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyvedelta View Post
I heard that you can only date one girl per playthrough at this game. .
Yes. There is only one Lovers social link and it's Rise Kujikawa.

Secondly, it is okay to work on multiple male social links at the same time, yet if you attempt to do a second female social link after one of them had reached Lv6, it will become reverse and in the worse case scenario, break.

Last edited by Shadow Kira01; 2008-12-16 at 21:24. Reason: new discovery
Old 2008-12-16, 22:11   Link #329
Jeiku

I went out and bought this game the other day, though I wasn't planning on playing it until I was done with Persona 3. After doing so, I went online and discovered that, apparently, several copies of the game gave a "disc read error" on PS2s, so I went ahead and opened my copy to test that it worked.

Thankfully, it did. Yeesh. Anyway, I'm really excited to play this soon.
Jeiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-16, 23:20   Link #330
roan

Eh? There shouldn't be any reverses from "cheating" on any girls in P4. The only reverses are the ones resulting from bad dialog choices.
roan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-17, 00:00   Link #331
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Minato View Post
... if you attempt to do a second female social link after one of them had reached Lv6, it will become reverse and in the worse case scenario, break.
.... Uh oh.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-17, 07:11   Link #332
Shadow Kira01

Returning to dungeons are actually a bonus. I got Yousuke some nice wrenches after re-visiting his dungeon. When I got to Yukiko's..

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by roan View Post
Eh? There shouldn't be any reverses from "cheating" on any girls in P4. The only reverses are the ones resulting from bad dialog choices.
Really? I am not sure.. It did happen in P3. Chihiro was at Lv9, when I got a Lv2 social link with Fuuka which made it reverse for several weeks.
Old 2008-12-17, 08:24   Link #333
Sciel
Etoilé

There are only 2 possible reverse in the game . One is for Moon Arcana and the other i forgot .

---

The other is Fortune .

You get reversed if you pick the wrong options.
Old 2008-12-17, 09:08   Link #334
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
When I got to Yukiko's..

Spoiler:
Yeah, getting screwed over last minute in battles seems more common this time around.
Spoiler:
Old 2008-12-17, 10:34   Link #335
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Whoever translated the game made some weird choices, the most obvious being how Teddie talks and another being the fact that Yousuke calls Yukiko, "Yukiko-san" when he calls her by her last name in the Japanese version.
Though so far there hasn't been any major mistakes.
Old 2008-12-17, 10:51   Link #336
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

It seems like you're getting screwed last minute is because the AI changes at certain breakpoints, usually at around the 25% health lost and every 25% more after. In the last quarter of health, they usually crank up the aggressiveness.

As for contrarian king, it's best to burst him down with tier 2 spells ASAP, in order to lessen the amount of times he uses Rampage. If you do have a tier 2 spell for MC, then keep sukukaja/tarukaja him with Chie/Yosuke, sukunda on the boss while Yukiko heals if need be. Once at 50% hp IIRC, he starts using rampage, and so just have your allies guard always unless they need to heal, while a buffed MC lays on the beats. Either that or come back once you finished the next dungeon.

3rd dungeon boss though is ridiculously easy, since he telegraphs all his moves. Marakunda -> heat wave (tarunda him and/or marakukaja your party), Mind Charge -> Mabufula (obviously have Yuki guard if she's in your party, switch to a null ice Persona), and charging two turns -> special move (obviously guard to nullify damage, plus you get a whole free turn!). Only problem with him is his auto-crit/dizzy move, but since he only does that before his charge up for his special move, you have one free turn to heal before guarding.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-17, 18:26   Link #337
Shadow Kira01

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
It seems like you're getting screwed last minute is because the AI changes at certain breakpoints, usually at around the 25% health lost and every 25% more after. In the last quarter of health, they usually crank up the aggressiveness.

As for contrarian king, it's best to burst him down with tier 2 spells ASAP, in order to lessen the amount of times he uses Rampage. If you do have a tier 2 spell for MC, then keep sukukaja/tarukaja him with Chie/Yosuke, sukunda on the boss while Yukiko heals if need be. Once at 50% hp IIRC, he starts using rampage, and so just have your allies guard always unless they need to heal, while a buffed MC lays on the beats. Either that or come back once you finished the next dungeon.
I intend on taking on the contrarian king after saving Kanji when I get better equipment. I suppose Mudo doesn't work on him, since it never works on bosses and I assume this guy is a boss as well. Currently, my strongest persona is the Ippon-Datara with Mudo, Maragi, and Magaru, as well as Evil Touch. However, these aren't good against it.. As soon as I swap to my healing persona, Sarasvati which has Media, my HP drops very quickly..

Spoiler:
Old 2008-12-17, 18:38   Link #338
Sassarai
Army of One

I usually take on the bonus bosses after I beat the next dungeons boss. By then my level is high enough and they become a joke.

Prizes for fishing changes monthly. In July, you can get the accessory blessed hands which makes your healing spells 50 percent more effective. You need 4 seemas. You don't lose the bait if you press circle as soon as the fish tugs the line (from my experience).

Spoiler for fishing prize list:
Sassarai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-17, 18:43   Link #339
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
I find this change to actually be pretty sensible. In P3 this only changed based on the difficulty you were playing, but other than that they pretty much stuck to a pattern. As much as I want to throw the controller at the wall, I think it's pretty clever - keeps you at the edge of your seat.

Bonus bosses I find you can do right away, even if your persona selection is totally whack.
Old 2008-12-17, 22:41   Link #340
roan

Quote:
I intend on taking on the contrarian king after saving Kanji when I get better equipment. I suppose Mudo doesn't work on him, since it never works on bosses and I assume this guy is a boss as well. Currently, my strongest persona is the Ippon-Datara with Mudo, Maragi, and Magaru, as well as Evil Touch. However, these aren't good against it.. As soon as I swap to my healing persona, Sarasvati which has Media, my HP drops very quickly..

Spoiler:
Once Margaret starts giving you quests after 5/19, you should be able to start finishing them.
Haven't heard of anything like what you had in the Japanese release... Could be something pretty simple though.
Like, did you try reentering the room after you made one?

Quote:
Spoiler:
If you want to finish the Hermit Social Link, you'll have to be able to fish something big at least once.
roan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ps2