AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2006-06-12, 20:34   Link #321
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Hee hee hee...I know a way to abuse Archer's blocking...
Do down+AAA, moderate speed. The last two hits Archer will always do 'blocking'(in fatal) and retaliate with any combo consisting 626A/B. Just guard against the short combo and Archer will be open to all attacks.
(but honestly...have blocking to completely block out Excalibur...that's one hell of a rigged character. No wonder Archer got a ranking of A+, that's all thanks to blocking.
iamandragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-12, 21:14   Link #322
Darkside

Send a message via AIM to Darkside
Archer is the char I use most of the time, but i'm not sure im following this rigged blocking thing we're talking about, unless I already do it without knowing lol. Besides that, does anyone else think that Archer's arrow special is the most worthless thing ever?
Old 2006-06-12, 22:49   Link #323
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Not when the computer does it >.<
Old 2006-06-13, 00:26   Link #324
Darkside

Lol the computer is too godly. I had to retry the fight with Gilgamesh like 20 times almost before I beat him to unlock him.
Old 2006-06-13, 01:01   Link #325
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Until 5 blocks, Saber simply WTFpwns gilgamesh...but at 5 blocks, him and his damn sword-raining guard-cancelling...can't combo him for crap
Old 2006-06-13, 01:11   Link #326
Darkside

The computer actually had me in the corner and sword rained my whole healthbar to 0. I bet it didn't feel dirty at all either >:[
Old 2006-06-13, 05:11   Link #327
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkside
Archer is the char I use most of the time, but i'm not sure im following this rigged blocking thing we're talking about, unless I already do it without knowing lol. Besides that, does anyone else think that Archer's arrow special is the most worthless thing ever?
Archer's broken phantasm is the thing I always rely on dishing out damage.
Try this:
B>C>626A/B>6426D.
When archer knocks the person upwards , you can use it. It'll be pointing straight at them!

Or, if you like UBW, you can try:
2626D(summon shield), 88(jump), 6426D, 7(jump forward), 6426D, 7, 6426D

Takes away more than half the health of even Beserker. If Assassin got hit by this combo he is sure to die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkside
The computer actually had me in the corner and sword rained my whole healthbar to 0. I bet it didn't feel dirty at all either >:[
That's exactly what happened to me in the beginning...
If it's Archer you can simply jump in the air and shoot him to death with arrows...
Hasan and Caster can simply keep dishing out their ranged attacks with no problem. Good timing is needed.
For Saber don't simply charge forward and slash. Make Gil hit you first and guard. Then you can use 626A/B which can counter hit him.
Rider and Assassin simply beats Gil like a plump. Nothing else needed.
Lancer is the worst character to use against Gil...lucky he has the special <press D to jump out of attack> ability. Just make sure you're not at the edge of the screen!
Beserker...good luck.
Old 2006-06-13, 16:27   Link #328
◕‿‿◕

Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
Thanks for the answers on how to get Hassan, people.
Old 2006-06-13, 16:49   Link #329
Darkside

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamandragon
Archer's broken phantasm is the thing I always rely on dishing out damage.
Try this:
B>C>626A/B>6426D.
When archer knocks the person upwards , you can use it. It'll be pointing straight at them!

Or, if you like UBW, you can try:
2626D(summon shield), 88(jump), 6426D, 7(jump forward), 6426D, 7, 6426D

Takes away more than half the health of even Beserker. If Assassin got hit by this combo he is sure to die.

That's exactly what happened to me in the beginning...
If it's Archer you can simply jump in the air and shoot him to death with arrows...
Hasan and Caster can simply keep dishing out their ranged attacks with no problem. Good timing is needed.
For Saber don't simply charge forward and slash. Make Gil hit you first and guard. Then you can use 626A/B which can counter hit him.
Rider and Assassin simply beats Gil like a plump. Nothing else needed.
Lancer is the worst character to use against Gil...lucky he has the special <press D to jump out of attack> ability. Just make sure you're not at the edge of the screen!
Beserker...good luck.

Hehe I was trying that out in training mode and it seems to work nicely, though a little hard to do accurately on gamepad. Will have to try my luck the next time friends come over
Old 2006-06-13, 17:18   Link #330
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

gamepad! You're rich!
Old 2006-06-13, 19:52   Link #331
Thalarian

Send a message via AIM to Thalarian Send a message via Yahoo to Thalarian
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhjegel
Indeed, but you have to recognize this particular fact: Nasu loved using old Japanese words, even those the Japanese are unaccustomed to. A non-Japanese speaker would even have a harder time brushing up his Japanese just to read up on Fate/Stay Night.

But, I commend your actions, and hope that you do well!

Thanks. I'm really not learning Japanese just to read Fate. I'm learning it because I WANT to learn Japanese. Having the possibility to read Fate (As well as several other games, anime's, etc.) is just a bonus I guess.

I do appreciate your feedback (And yours as well stormy, and iamdragon's translation in case I have trouble ), and I know you all aren't telling me that it's difficult to discourage me, but instead trying to help me see the reality of what I'm trying to do. That's why I said, I don't mind if it takes a year, 2 years, 3 years, or so on, because I am simply learning the language first and foremost, for my benefit.

When the time comes (Much later down the road) that I've grasped Japanese, I'll move on to trying to understand older Japanese (Might even ask you all for some help ), despite the time frame. But once again, thanks to those of you who gave me an honest answer
Thalarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-13, 20:01   Link #332
OriestKing

Hey don't know if anyone has asked this question yet but guess I'll be the pervy one!

Are the sex scenes in the game censored? I ahvent played it yet and was just wonderin if they were. I bought an official copy but thought it was weird that all the pics you see of teh game are censored. If they are is there anyway to get the uncens'd?

Feels like if you bought a DvD and found out that parts of the movie were edited doesn't it?
OriestKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-14, 03:13   Link #333
Freakman

Unless the game is someday released in the US, the answer to your question shall forever stay yes (As in yes they're censored as per Japanese law, and there's no way to uncensor them).
And anyway, needless to say the focus isn't on the sex scenes in F/SN.
Freakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-16, 03:09   Link #334
aldeayeah
Isn't it sad Lancer-chan?

Fan translation news:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirrormoon.org
Saber (Fate) route translation complete!!
Submitted by TakaJun on Fri, 16/06/2006 - 05:51.

Just as the title says.
I have completed translation of one of the three scenarios in Fate, the Saber route (route is also named 'Fate')

We are thinking of releasing different patches for each route.
So expect the patch for Saber route to come soon after editing is complete.
tjm: *nudge* *nudge* ^^

As for me, I'm gonna rest for a while before I start working on UBW.

......... Shirou just pissed me off too much.
Rejoice!
aldeayeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-16, 11:05   Link #335
vertigoblues

help for fsn game

i currently have all 3 disc but some error screen keep on popping when i click on the fate icon, how do i solve that problem?i want to play fate badly....
btw i went to type moon support website its all in funny symbols, dunno wat to fill, help pls~!
vertigoblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-16, 11:18   Link #336
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertigoblues
i currently have all 3 disc but some error screen keep on popping when i click on the fate icon, how do i solve that problem?i want to play fate badly....
btw i went to type moon support website its all in funny symbols, dunno wat to fill, help pls~!
Verification.

I forgot the steps how to do it, but I think it was posted in here somewhere.

You DO know that those funny symbols are Japanese, right? And that the game is equivalent to a thousand pages of those funny symbols?
Old 2006-06-16, 20:58   Link #337
vertigoblues

nope the symbols are not japanese, babel fish cant even translate it, i know basic jap btw, can any1 give help?
there's 3 boxes in the support website, what info to enter in ea box?
Old 2006-06-17, 03:25   Link #338
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

What browser are you using? Maybe it's not showing the symbols properly.
Old 2006-06-17, 05:49   Link #339
aldeayeah
Isn't it sad Lancer-chan?

Look for a "Character Encoding" option in your browser menu (it's generally in the View menu) and set it to "Japanese (Shift-JIS)" (I think the whole website of TYPE-MOON is in this encoding). If it doesn't work, try setting it to "Unicode (UTF-8)".

If you can't see proper Japanese text yet, you have no support for oriental languages, so you're basically screwed until you install it.
aldeayeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-17, 11:16   Link #340
vertigoblues

thanks aldy, got the page working but i could just dl the nocd.exe from typemoon website instead of using the make unique thing to get an exe file from type moon right?

Tags
fate/stay night, visual novel