AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-12-20, 18:59   Link #321
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Pretty good episode, but this one had to be one of the shallowest one as a standalone. So they thought Hamyuts was a threat. And they get all scared and yet she just stays put. There just wasn't that much of a point to it all. And they revealed precisely ZERO about Hamyuts' intentions. She was just as mysterious in the flashbacks..
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 20:28   Link #322
LaiShin

apparently, even the novel hasn't revealed Hamyut's intentions yet....
LaiShin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 20:48   Link #323
kemal_1915

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaiShin View Post
Spoiler:
Maybe you can't notice this - Hamyuts doesn't tell lie but Matt always tells lie.
She really likes him and doesn't want him to kill her.
That's so simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgz View Post
how old is hamy now and how old was her back then at the bar btw ?
She was around 16-20. I forget the exact number. Now she is about 30 something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyouray View Post
Great episode indeed with a lot of Hamyuts ! Plus this episode has nice animation and design.

"She had nice breasts, what can I say ?" Matt

However a point disturbs me :
Spoiler for about Hiza:

Anyway it's sad to have so few fanarts on pixiv.
Yes, she had nice breasts, what can I say?

Spoiler for Hiza:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
And they revealed precisely ZERO about Hamyuts' intentions. She was just as mysterious in the flashbacks..
Cause it is impossible to show her intention without showing "the secret of the world". This is the farthest we can go.
Just remember, everything she had said is true.

Here comes the new VA:
Yukizona: Konishi Katsuyuki
Yuri (Yukizona's sister): Satō Rina
And
Ninia: Noto Mamiko
Ruruta: Sakurai Takahiro

Everyone asks who is the main characters of this series. It is Ruruta and Ninia and the whole story is started by them. Their VA show their importance. They are directly related to the secret of the world. Don't ask me anything about them here. PM me if you really want to know.

And sadly, this means that the production team will rush to the end.
kemal_1915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 21:10   Link #324
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Dunno what happened for the previous director , maybe Hamyut killed him or not .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-22, 15:01   Link #325
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemal_1915 View Post
Ninia: Noto Mamiko
Ruruta: Sakurai Takahiro

Everyone asks who is the main characters of this series. It is Ruruta and Ninia and the whole story is started by them. Their VA show their importance. They are directly related to the secret of the world. Don't ask me anything about them here. PM me if you really want to know.

And sadly, this means that the production team will rush to the end.
Wait, I thought the whole point of this series was that there were no main characters. XD Anyway, any guesses what episode they'll pop up in? Also, is Volken likely to reappear or are they rushing so fast that he's been cut ou?
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-22, 20:20   Link #326
kemal_1915

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Dunno what happened for the previous director , maybe Hamyut killed him or not .
Actually, his ending is related to the "secret". It will be revealed later.
The process of choosing acting director isn't democratic. The present acting director can appoint his/her successor without other Armed Librarians' consent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
Wait, I thought the whole point of this series was that there were no main characters. XD Anyway, any guesses what episode they'll pop up in? Also, is Volken likely to reappear or are they rushing so fast that he's been cut ou?
The whole story was started by them but they won't appear until the end of the series. Can you call them the main characters? I don't know. Their role are important but their story isn't very long.
Now I have no idea how to arrange the plot. They have to stuff are 7 volumes into 15 eps. Can you imagine how much material they will cut off?
Volken must reappear because the "secret" will be started to reveal in his arc.
Old 2009-12-24, 03:13   Link #327
frostieyes

I tried to refrain from Animesuki because of college applications but well:P A Book of Bantorra thread! Ooh! Couldn't keep me from logging in. Bantorra isn't too popular in Korea (my home country) as well as Japan, so the discovery of even one more fan is exciting for me A whole thread is even better!

I watched a few episodes of the anime and, seeing how reviewers (only a select few, but still) of light novels highly appreciated this series, bought books 1~7. Book 8 came out in Korea only a few weeks after I bought them, and it seems 9 is yet to be translated. I skimmed through this thread and it seems like kemal_1915 has already read till Book 9! Can't wait till I can get my hands on that one too. And the heroine's VA is Noto Mamiko. Lovely.

I found this episode amusing because I haven't read Book 8 yet. After reading the books, I kind of lost my fondness for the anime series, since now I won't be on edge every week, wondering what'll be next. That happened with Kimi ni Todoke too, after I read the manga But I'm guessing Volken's arc should be more developed in the anime, since he appears from the very beginning. And yes, I'm a fan of Volken. I was so surprised by how handsome he was in the book illustrations He's more of a sharp kind there, whereas the anime Volken is a bit...roundish.

Anyways, got a bit over myself with excitement Hope everyone else enjoys this series, even in the anime version

Battler, the man who gets sexier by the moment
frostieyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-25, 19:16   Link #328
KariOhki

Shame they started this Mire arc and decided to put a recap ep in the middle of it.
I don't know what to think of this new arc so far. Mirepoc is more like Mireuseless, and that sword chick is pretty crazy.
Meidoshow: Maidklutz, Meirdio, Morooka, Seiba, Glassesmeido
KariOhki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-26, 06:40   Link #329
Tale

Quote:
Originally Posted by KariOhki View Post
Shame they started this Mire arc and decided to put a recap ep in the middle of it.
I don't know what to think of this new arc so far. Mirepoc is more like Mireuseless
You know, they don't seem to have cellphones, so, she must be quite useful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KariOhki View Post
, and that sword chick is pretty crazy.
Here, we are talking of someone who can be madly in love with Cigal...

BTW, watching the previous episode and this episode made me sure that Matt is a stereotype straightly taken from film noir. I admit that the story of the previous episode and the city in this episode fit him pretty well, though.

Finally, even this series couldn't avoid some moe...
Spoiler for Moeru Mirepoc:
Tale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-26, 06:58   Link #330
kemal_1915

Merry Christmas! Everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostieyes View Post
I tried to refrain from Animesuki because of college applications but well:P A Book of Bantorra thread! Ooh! Couldn't keep me from logging in. Bantorra isn't too popular in Korea (my home country) as well as Japan, so the discovery of even one more fan is exciting for me A whole thread is even better!

I watched a few episodes of the anime and, seeing how reviewers (only a select few, but still) of light novels highly appreciated this series, bought books 1~7. Book 8 came out in Korea only a few weeks after I bought them, and it seems 9 is yet to be translated. I skimmed through this thread and it seems like kemal_1915 has already read till Book 9! Can't wait till I can get my hands on that one too. And the heroine's VA is Noto Mamiko. Lovely.

I found this episode amusing because I haven't read Book 8 yet. After reading the books, I kind of lost my fondness for the anime series, since now I won't be on edge every week, wondering what'll be next. That happened with Kimi ni Todoke too, after I read the manga But I'm guessing Volken's arc should be more developed in the anime, since he appears from the very beginning. And yes, I'm a fan of Volken. I was so surprised by how handsome he was in the book illustrations He's more of a sharp kind there, whereas the anime Volken is a bit...roundish.

Anyways, got a bit over myself with excitement Hope everyone else enjoys this series, even in the anime version
This series isn't popular everywhere.
I' m glad that more people read the novel. The production team doesn't grasp the essence of the novel well. I have said many times that this series is a masterpiece. However, the anime doesn't reach the level which make my word not very convincing.
I hope the novel will be translated into English very soon. Then more people can enjoy it.
Volken's arc is coming soon but I don't know how much they will cover.

Ep 13:
Not much to say.
Mirepoc is moe. Surprisingly, Alme looks good. Matt looks like a pimp as usual.
She has the same ability with Hamyuts but she can make 10 threads with a few hundred metres range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tale View Post
You know, they don't seem to have cellphones, so, she must be quite useful.

Here, we are talking of someone who can be madly in love with Cigal...

BTW, watching the previous episode and this episode made me sure that Matt is a stereotype straightly taken from film noir. I admit that the story of the previous episode and the city in this episode fit him pretty well, though.

Finally, even this series couldn't avoid some moe...
Yes, Mirepoc is the transmittion tower.
About Alme and Cigal, we will see more in ep 15.
There is a reason for Matt to stay close with Mirepoc because ... he is a perfect liar. He will use this ability later.

Next one is a recap. I don't know whether I will watch it or not.
Old 2009-12-26, 08:39   Link #331
LaiShin

Boring episode imo

if an english translation is made, i'll definitely cop it. Seems like the anime isn't doing a good job...
LaiShin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-01, 12:53   Link #332
KariOhki

Ehh, the flashback ep wasn't anything good. I certainly didn't recognize anything I didn't already remember. And the next ep preview had...nothing to go on.
Meidoshow: Maidklutz, Meirdio, Morooka, Seiba, Glassesmeido
KariOhki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-01, 21:44   Link #333
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

I actually liked the flashback episode more than I expected since it hightlighted a few points I missed the first go round. And I like how things are starting to connect and the events of one arc are influencing another. Guess I'm finally warming up to it.
Old 2010-01-03, 00:12   Link #334
kemal_1915

It is new year so it has to be a recap.
Nothing to say about it.

Does anyone go to the official website?
Ep 16 is an original ep.
When I saw the preview, Wow, I didn't expect that!
Yuri, isn't it too seductive? Does your brother allow you to wear like that?
About this pair of brother and sister, Yukizona is a sis-con and Yuri also loves his brother very much. I would like to see how they interact in the anime.
Old 2010-01-03, 02:31   Link #335
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
I actually liked the flashback episode more than I expected since it hightlighted a few points I missed the first go round. And I like how things are starting to connect and the events of one arc are influencing another. Guess I'm finally warming up to it.
I agree actually. They looked at all the crucial scenes with the mysterious book-reader pandering to the armed librarians.

Still waiting to see how Volken comes out of this.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-04, 17:11   Link #336
Ghostfriendly

Ep 12: Matt got some sympathetic development before Hamyuts chewed him up. We still don't know where her bloodlust comes from, but it seems like she wants her own rampage ended with her death...another distinctively feminine quality to add to sewing, housewifey aspirations and cute bunnies, (craziness is gender neutral). They make her much creepier, and, ooo, thank you Romi, that voice. She must be the first anime character I'm attracted to that I really don't like as a person.

Ep 13: Mattlast Bond and his Bond girl. The new girl is quite pretty, but needs to get away from the mindless violence to grow as a character. Good ep for bringing things together.

My main question is whether the Govenor of Paridise and Hamyuts have some kind of coopperation going, and whether Hamyuts will turn out to be secretly aquainted with Othello. Since all the directors seem to be acting, am I right in thinking that the director in Bantorra himself?
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-07, 01:49   Link #337
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

I had watched the first episode of this anime then put in on hold . I went through I am bored of anime phase . I picked the series up recently again whether to delete or not to delete was quite the epiphany .

I was shocked, pleasantly shocked this is a damn good anime . Probably the best adventure/fantasy/action anime of the year, heck it even better than 07 Ghost . By the end of the first arc I was totally hooked . I really loved the setting and organizations in the story . Also being a seinen the human angle is quite relevant and well used . My fave charas have to be Hamutz Meseta , she is Saucy with the right spice. Adore her laid back attitude and bunny fetish . The other character I really liked was Mokkania, oh yeah I have a thing for super twisted characters . Ever since he was introduced in that sucker/pop scene with Milepoch I was enticed .

I am up to episode 12 and so far there hasn't been an dull moment . In a weird way I was reminded of DGM ... . Though I can go as far as to say Bantorra is even better than DGM IMO .

Old 2010-01-07, 18:59   Link #338
Zetsubo
著述遮断

I wonder why Hamyuts broke up with Matt....
Zetsubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-07, 21:34   Link #339
kemal_1915

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostfriendly View Post
Ep 12: Matt got some sympathetic development before Hamyuts chewed him up. We still don't know where her bloodlust comes from, but it seems like she wants her own rampage ended with her death...another distinctively feminine quality to add to sewing, housewifey aspirations and cute bunnies, (craziness is gender neutral). They make her much creepier, and, ooo, thank you Romi, that voice. She must be the first anime character I'm attracted to that I really don't like as a person.

Ep 13: Mattlast Bond and his Bond girl. The new girl is quite pretty, but needs to get away from the mindless violence to grow as a character. Good ep for bringing things together.

My main question is whether the Govenor of Paridise and Hamyuts have some kind of coopperation going, and whether Hamyuts will turn out to be secretly aquainted with Othello. Since all the directors seem to be acting, am I right in thinking that the director in Bantorra himself?
Hamyuts' personality comes from how she was treated in the past. And it is a spolier
Also, Alme's parents are musician but they are poor. Alme had to earn a living by herself and she was proud of her skills. She hate people give her money because she is poor instead of her talent. As you can see in the ep, some rich guy gave her money and she threw it away.

The relationship of the Shindeki Church and Armed Librarian will be revealed in Volken's arc. It is not what you would expect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zu Ra View Post
I had watched the first episode of this anime then put in on hold . I went through I am bored of anime phase . I picked the series up recently again whether to delete or not to delete was quite the epiphany .

I was shocked, pleasantly shocked this is a damn good anime . Probably the best adventure/fantasy/action anime of the year, heck it even better than 07 Ghost . By the end of the first arc I was totally hooked . I really loved the setting and organizations in the story . Also being a seinen the human angle is quite relevant and well used . My fave charas have to be Hamutz Meseta , she is Saucy with the right spice. Adore her laid back attitude and bunny fetish . The other character I really liked was Mokkania, oh yeah I have a thing for super twisted characters . Ever since he was introduced in that sucker/pop scene with Milepoch I was enticed .
For those who dropped at the first ep, they don't know what they have missed.
This is a good series although they don't handle it very well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubo View Post
I wonder why Hamyuts broke up with Matt....
Yamagata-san haven't told us the reason. So just make some guesses after the series finished. Some truths haven't revealed yet.
Old 2010-01-07, 21:37   Link #340
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemal_1915 View Post
The relationship of the Shindeki Church and Armed Librarian will be revealed in Volken's arc. It is not what you would expect.
Putting my money on them being branches of the same overall organization/having the same goal in mind in the end.
Oh, I've been meaning to ask, the previous Acting Director (the one from when Volken was young) had white hair and I was wondering if that was because he was old or if he was another person with a special ability. Has it been stated in the novels? He didn't look that old, but then again he isn't around in the main timeline....

Tags
fantasy, seinen, shounen