AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2010-08-08, 14:02   Link #321
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
Wii titles can also run at 60 FPS, you know. Use 480p.
I was refering to the fact that Basara 3 and ToG:F are wii titles that are rendered at a higher resolution for the PS3, plus some hardware specific lighting and shading effects. Considering the success of productions, such as basara 3 and disgaea 3, can have on the ps3, devs are likely to stop producing PS360 titles like they have up until now, and start cutting their cost by developing games differently, i.e. using PSP, PS2 or Wii as initial developing plattform and upport them to ps360.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-06, 04:21   Link #322
Sides

Official PS3 HP: http://tog-f.namco-ch.net/
Demo out this month, more regarding the demo on andriasang.com
People who preorder do a Dramatic DVD with DLC code for costumes, just like the Wii version, and we all now by now, it is just a unlock code.

Released date: 02 December 2010
List price: ¥8,379
It is actually one of the most expensive PS3 titles (to purchase). Even the Wii version was priced higher than other Wii titles.

Last edited by Sides; 2010-09-08 at 12:35.
Old 2010-09-30, 02:13   Link #323
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
The ToGF page got an update to its main page movie. A new promo movie, with material from the added story scenarios in the last minute or so of the movie.
Old 2010-10-04, 08:06   Link #324
Aaerul

They say the demo got pushed to October. Anyone know if it is out yet?
Aaerul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 14:26   Link #325
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaerul View Post
They say the demo got pushed to October. Anyone know if it is out yet?
Demo: 7/Oct
Game: 2/Dec
This game doesn't need a demo anyway, preorder now to get the goodie stuff

More info on the official HP, or on andriasang.com
Old 2010-10-27, 05:41   Link #326
jonli
JONLIの憂'

I just tried the demo on the Japanese PSN.

It's been a long time since I played Tales, my last one was Legendia (didn't like the combat but I thought the story was really solid, especially the character quests after the main quest felt like I was playing a sequel). Then I basically sat through my friend's Tales of Symphonia 2 play through (i played 1), wasn't really impressed with that.

I have to say I'm not too interested in Tales of Graces F after I just played it. But the graphics are wonderful in HD, they look so crisp and great. However the designs still didn't improve too much, they went back to the chibi form which I thought is a drawback from Abyss' and Vesperia's normal proportions. None of the characters stand out to me right now, but that's because it's just a demo so I'll give them a chance. The battle system is great although I can't figure out how to jump...>.< or can I? I don't recall being able to jump in the old games (i know I can do air combos) but for some reason I feel very "grounded" in this one. You can pull of this thing called Accel force when the bar charges up, do stronger damages. You can link up your O and X combos. Basically the battle system is pretty basic and Abyss like.

I guess I'm just a lot more intrigued by Vesperia than I am with Graces. I can't say I like Asbel's design much right now, but I was never really a fan of Tales aesthetics (although it never stopped me from enjoying the games). I do hope they try something new with the PS3 tales exclusive (at least the concept art seems so).
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-27, 14:13   Link #327
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli View Post
I have to say I'm not too interested in Tales of Graces F after I just played it. But the graphics are wonderful in HD, they look so crisp and great. However the designs still didn't improve too much, they went back to the chibi form which I thought is a drawback from Abyss' and Vesperia's normal proportions. None of the characters stand out to me right now, but that's because it's just a demo so I'll give them a chance. The battle system is great although I can't figure out how to jump...>.< or can I? I don't recall being able to jump in the old games (i know I can do air combos) but for some reason I feel very "grounded" in this one. You can pull of this thing called Accel force when the bar charges up, do stronger damages. You can link up your O and X combos. Basically the battle system is pretty basic and Abyss like.
No you cannot jump. Don't know if you have noticed, but this is game was done by their other team, not Team Symphonia. So if you like symphonia and abyss you probably would prefer vesperia, the game mechanic are pretty similar in those games, since it is done but the same team.
Old 2010-10-28, 02:33   Link #328
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
No you cannot jump. Don't know if you have noticed, but this is game was done by their other team, not Team Symphonia. So if you like symphonia and abyss you probably would prefer vesperia, the game mechanic are pretty similar in those games, since it is done but the same team.
No I didn't notice until you mentioned it. This is done by the same team that made Destiny? I don't know if I like Symphonia more since Lloyd really annoyed me to no end, but it was literally the first Tales I played from start to finish so it's got a special place in my heart. I did semi enjoy Abyss storyline even though I just sat through my friend's play through with him, didn't like Luke too much. I guess Vesperia attracts me because of Yuri, he doesn't seem to be annoying like Lloyd or Luke, seems to have things in control but not to the point of boring. Basically if someone's going to save the world Yuri's character would make the most sense out of the three.

Who's making the PS3 exclusive tales then?
Old 2010-10-30, 09:47   Link #329
Sides

Quote:
Who's making the PS3 exclusive tales then?
Don't know yet, it is probably a new team, probably a new mixtured from both teams and others, since the new game has a new character designer, neither Inomata (destiny) nor Fujishima (symphonia) is doing it.
Old 2010-10-30, 13:51   Link #330
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
Don't know yet, it is probably a new team, probably a new mixtured from both teams and others, since the new game has a new character designer, neither Inomata (destiny) nor Fujishima (symphonia) is doing it.
Oh? Who may it be?
Old 2010-10-30, 14:36   Link #331
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Oh? Who may it be?
I've heard it's Ratatosk's Okumura.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-13, 14:35   Link #332
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I knew it was going to be idea playing the demo, because now i'm completely obsessed with the game. I could easily import the PS3 version when it's released, though i'd be missing out on so much. Sure i could easily work my way through the demo thanks to past RPG knowledge and the everyday dialogue i could pick up, though that would completely change with the full game. Bummer.

I hear there's a fan translation project for the Wii version. Guess i could look into that.
Old 2010-11-13, 15:04   Link #333
Sides

The game is actually easy to follow, and since you have been a member here for at least 5 year, and probably watch anime for much longer, you shouldn't have much trouble with it. Only problem i had was with the items and items description, since my kanji is still rubbish, but you can find items guides on the web.
So no excuse not to buy either versions, but yeah the exchange rate is pretty bad, because the yen is really strong at the moment.
Old 2010-11-13, 16:49   Link #334
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Wii fan translation is pretty close to getting done, so I'm waiting on that. Being able to read is important, sometimes I wish my parents didn't came to America... D:
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-13, 17:05   Link #335
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
The game is actually easy to follow, and since you have been a member here for at least 5 year, and probably watch anime for much longer, you shouldn't have much trouble with it. Only problem i had was with the items and items description, since my kanji is still rubbish, but you can find items guides on the web.
I was a little confused with them, but yeah guides are sure to be easy to find. I just hope i don't miss anything from the story, that's all.

(Now i can finally say i know where your avatar comes from. )

Guess i'll look into this fan translation, though i still don't see how the hell it'll work on the Wii.
Old 2010-11-13, 17:18   Link #336
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiro View Post
Guess i'll look into this fan translation, though i still don't see how the hell it'll work on the Wii.
It'll use Riivolution, which can patch data into the RAM of the wii or have the data be accessed from the sd card. I know MASSIVE amounts of hacking is involved just for the data to properly be integrated into the system, but for us on the user-end, it should be as simple as installing the Riivolution program and launching it to start the game.

Here is the link to the fan translation site(if you haven't found it already), which has loads of information and a status bar of how far they've gotten, which is automatically updated hourly.

http://www.talesofgraces.com/
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-13, 17:23   Link #337
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Ah so that's how it works. What about the console being region locked though? I mean i have a UK Wii, meaning imported games won't play.
Old 2010-11-13, 18:13   Link #338
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiro View Post
Ah so that's how it works. What about the console being region locked though? I mean i have a UK Wii, meaning imported games won't play.
Riivolution automatically bypasses the region lock setting, so it can play any game from any region.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-13, 18:24   Link #339
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Riivolution automatically bypasses the region lock setting, so it can play any game from any region.
Wow that's awesome. Guess i better order the Wii version of the game. Thanks for the information.

& yeah it's expensive, though going by how much fun i had with the PS3 demo, it'll be money well spent.

Is there a PS3 patch in the works? Only asking because of something i read on the project site.
Old 2010-11-13, 18:31   Link #340
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Wow that's awesome. Guess i better order the Wii version of the game. Thanks for the information.

& yeah it's expensive, though going by how much fun i had with the PS3 demo, it'll be money well spent.

Is there a PS3 patch in the works? Only asking because of something i read on the project site.
They are working on something as far as I know it works with a certain firmware version of the ps3. I don't know the specifics though. The PS3 game isn't out yet so... just have to wait on the release and see what happens.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
game, games, rpg