AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-10-18, 06:22   Link #3381
NightMare_Hibari Kyo
Nightmare

well if were talking about lelouch i would say he is one of the best charecters of all time honstly i dont see that he is Evil if he have his way in leading the japanese ppl they will be one of the strongest nations in the world Britania is gone too far and i dont see any Evil in Leoluch at all he wants to free his country and doing that will need some sacrifaices i see that he is justice
NightMare_Hibari Kyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-21, 07:49   Link #3382
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Actually, I was wondering: Would the viewers change their way of thinking if Lelouch had been a girl instead? That was something I've asked myself. I actually find his actions more interesting if he had been a girl.
Old 2008-10-21, 07:56   Link #3383
Train Samurai
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Actually, I was wondering: Would the viewers change their way of thinking if Lelouch had been a girl instead? That was something I've asked myself. I actually find his actions more interesting if he had been a girl.
Not really
Train Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-21, 08:00   Link #3384
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Train Samurai View Post
Not really
It's probably just myself. But, if Lulu had been a girl, an interesting sub-plot could be the old "Suzaku-in-love-with-Lelouch" subplot.

I think preciously few shows have an actual female character that acts like Lulu: Magnificent Bastard, Chessmaster, the works.
Old 2008-10-21, 08:01   Link #3385
Train Samurai
Banned

Quote:
It's probably just myself. But, if Lulu had been a girl, an interesting sub-plot could be the old "Suzaku-in-love-with-Lelouch" subplot.
Then wouldn't Suzaku be a girl as well?
Old 2008-10-21, 08:03   Link #3386
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Then wouldn't Suzaku be a girl as well?
Oh, I didn't consider a gender-flip series. That would be a little radical. Besides, once Kallen becomes a boy, her uniqueness disappears. HotBlooded boys are a dime a dozen. Girls? Not so much.

For the gender flip, I always laugh when I think of the actual series. Apparently, nobody notices that Lelouch sounds exactly like Zero. I don't expect them to guess the identity through voice alone, but I did expect them to joke about it in front of Lelouch.
Old 2008-10-21, 08:17   Link #3387
Train Samurai
Banned

Quote:
Oh, I didn't consider a gender-flip series. That would be a little radical. Besides, once Kallen becomes a boy, her uniqueness disappears. HotBlooded boys are a dime a dozen. Girls? Not so much.

For the gender flip, I always laugh when I think of the actual series. Apparently, nobody notices that Lelouch sounds exactly like Zero. I don't expect them to guess the identity through voice alone, but I did expect them to joke about it in front of Lelouch.
If you watch alot of anime you'll see that Kallen isn't unique at all (something her fans seem to blindly follow regardless) there has been plenty and still are hot blooded female characters and their a hell of a lot more entertaining than there male counterparts who are often stupid as well. Anyway when I see Lelouch as a female I'm reminded of of an evil version of Sir Integra in Hellsing or better yet Wang Liu Mei from Gundam 00, she's as maniputive and dare I see even smarter than Lelouch since she's working two sides at the same time and everyone oblivious of it, somehow I would of loved Lelouch more if he tuned out like her towards the end instead of the emperor meaning he would have been playing both sides to his whim instead of fighting against his allies.
Old 2008-10-21, 08:19   Link #3388
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Well, I guess Kallen doesn't really go over-the-top on the HB meter. I personally find her level ok.

I reserve my judgement for Liu Mei. If she doesn't get herself killed in S2 of Gundam 00, she's on my list. Liu Mei seems to be heading towards that plot device where her double-play will bite her on the ass, hard.
Old 2008-10-21, 08:30   Link #3389
Train Samurai
Banned

Quote:
Well, I guess Kallen doesn't really go over-the-top on the HB meter. I personally find her level ok.

I reserve my judgement for Liu Mei. If she doesn't get herself killed in S2 of Gundam 00, she's on my list. Liu Mei seems to be heading towards that plot device where her double-play will bite her on the ass, hard.
Well I predicted that it will happen eventually way back in season one but five years later and no one seems to figure her out yet and she's playing them like puppets for her own desire of change not everyone else's. Lelouch on the other hand got hit hard after a year and went on to become Emperor, it would have been so much interesting if him and Suzaku actually stayed enemies but instead Lelouch wasn't on either side of the situation but his own side with Jeremiah, Sayoko and C.C. as accomplices and let Britainnia and the UFN fight each other instead of him.
Old 2008-10-21, 08:36   Link #3390
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Well I predicted that it will happen eventually way back in season one but five years later and no one seems to figure her out yet and she's playing them like puppets for her own desire of change not everyone else's. Lelouch on the other hand got hit hard after a year and went on to become Emperor, it would have been so much interesting if him and Suzaku actually stayed enemies but instead Lelouch wasn't on either side of the situation but his own side with Jeremiah, Sayoko and C.C. as accomplices and let Britainnia and the UFN fight each other instead of him.
In 00's case, I'm more leaning to the theory that Ribbons knew that she had been playing both sides, but decided to play along to see how a human measures up to it. Other than Ribbons, I agree that most other people don't know about her double-play, or simply don't care (I put Sumeragi under this category. After the crap her crew received in S1, she was more than happy to spend the timeskip numbing herself). We shall see.

In a sense, I find characters who claimed themselves to be above the fray hypocrites. Sooner or later, they'll enter the contest, or be dragged right back into it. There is no escape. Personallly, I see Liu Mei in the "dragged" part, complete with screaming and whining that she should have outsmarted all of them.
Old 2008-10-21, 08:57   Link #3391
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
Don't know about more interesting but he'd have most likely be even more popular(pictures Luluko)
ZeroSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-21, 09:00   Link #3392
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSama View Post
Don't know about more interesting but he'd have most likely be even more popular(pictures Luluko)
I actually find Luluko using her Geass more sinister than Lelouch doing the same. A girl ordering people to kill themselves. Not only that, the final standoff in R1, with Luluko and Suzaku....
Old 2008-10-21, 09:02   Link #3393
Train Samurai
Banned

Quote:
I actually find Luluko using her Geass more sinister than Lelouch doing the same. A girl ordering people to kill themselves. Not only that, the final standoff in R1, with Luluko and Suzaku....
There you go with Suzaku again, if Lelouch has to be a girl then Suzaku has to girl what's the point of keeping him male anyways
Old 2008-10-21, 09:05   Link #3394
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
Might not have been a final stand-off. Instead of Suzaku humping Euphies' leg it can be Lulukos'.

You know childhood promises and all. At least the KoZero thing wouldn't have been so ergh then.
Old 2008-10-21, 09:07   Link #3395
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Actually, Suzaku could remain a guy. In my characterization, Lelouch may be a girl, but she still hang out with Suzaku when they were younger. Suzaku will tease Lelouch when she states her aim to change Britannia.

"But, Lelouch, you're a girl. A lady." (Well, Marianne stubbornly refused to give her a girl's name; you get the idea.)

Euphie and Lelouch, both as valid choices for Suzaku. So, come the Euphie incident, and then...
Old 2008-10-21, 09:08   Link #3396
Droplet
ヘ( ̄▽ ̄ヘ)(ノ ̄▽ ̄)ノ

lol. I find it amusing that everybody in the show has to change genders if Lelouch was a girl. Yeah, it's slippery slope reasoning but it's still a funny thought.

@yezhanguan: I look forward to that story, if you're writing one with that theme.
Droplet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-21, 09:10   Link #3397
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droplet View Post
lol. I find it amusing that everybody in the show has to change genders if Lelouch was a girl. Yeah, it's slippery slope reasoning but it's still a funny thought.
Like I said, not really. Then again, the show is already loaded with quite a bit of estrogen.

@Droplet: Too busy atm . But, the more I think about it... Well, remember that animation of Lelouch revealing his face after Suzaku shot his mask in R1 (Many used it as an avatar.)? I'm getting shivers imagining Luluko's face looking like that.
Old 2008-10-21, 09:14   Link #3398
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
Euphie and Lelouch, both as valid choices for Suzaku. So, come the Euphie incident, and then...

Except Lelouch has a 1 year head start.

Who knows instead of the promise they made when they were kids about Suzaku helping Lelouch become Emperor and Lelouch helping Suzaku become Prime Minister, Luluko and Suzaku could make a promise to be "special" friends forever(childhood promise alert).

Just think of the children.
Old 2008-10-21, 09:18   Link #3399
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSama View Post
Except Lelouch has a 1 year head start.

Who knows instead of the promise they made when they were kids about Suzaku helping Lelouch become Emperor and Lelouch helping Suzaku become Prime Minister, Luluko and Suzaku could make a promise to be "special" friends forever(childhood promise alert).

Just think of the children.
Similarly, think how gut-wrenching that would be if a childhood "sweetheart" killed another important friend of yours/stood in your way.

More important, C.C.XLulu takes on a whole new meaning.

"If you're a witch, then so am I."

"Dream on. You're too young, girl."
Old 2008-10-21, 09:22   Link #3400
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
Similarly, think how gut-wrenching that would be if a childhood "sweetheart" killed another important friend of yours/stood in your way.
In my eyes i see Luluko and Suzaku shacked up leaving Euphie as the spare wheel. She might still be a friend of his but thats all.

Wow sudden urge to write my own ff.

Quote:
More important, C.C.XLulu takes on a whole new meaning.

"If you're a witch, then so am I."

"Dream on. You're too young, girl."
LulukoXCC?

Tasty.