AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-08-31, 00:09   Link #34061
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
You can ask stuff like that in the Q&A thread stickied right at the top of the forum. I'm pretty sure both topics have been discussed in detail already, so you might get a quick response.
I believe the Theories and Speculation would be more apt since there's no factual answers to those questions.
Old 2011-08-31, 00:15   Link #34062
Sunder the Gold

But I DO have a lot of theories and speculation! [/chipper]
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-31, 00:28   Link #34063
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Yeah, so you can pretty much write that stuff into a fic whichever way you want. Since there are no official answers, there are no wrong answers.
Old 2011-08-31, 00:30   Link #34064
Shigan
Forever a Journey

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcurse View Post
.....Ask and ye shall receive?

An addition to the Hayate x Vivio Files, taking place sometime after "Prerogative of the Brave"...no real spoilers, unless of course you don't want to know if Hayate and Vivio get together or not after "Prerogative"?

Spoiler for Judgement Day:

Spoiler for Author's Note:

Spoiler for Hayate x Vivio Files Chronology:
oooooh, me like! And Vivio's little snip of sarcasm to Vita induced a short burst of laughter from me. We need more crack like this to smooth the grinding process of writing the longer stories ^__^. Also.... does this mean that there has to be armies involved now if we ever decide to marry them off? O_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
For example, what if they were talking to Hayate about it? Or, say, a Signum/Fate story, where they could compare notes from their respective perspectives...
These ideas have potential .
Never stop being a kid. Never stop feeling and seeing and being excited with great things like air and engines and sounds of sunlight within you. Wear your little mask if you must to protect you from the world but if you let that kid disappear you are grown up and you are dead.
— Richard Bach

Shigan's Fanfiction Masterlist -- The Hayate x Vivio Files
Shigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-31, 00:33   Link #34065
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Heh, Judgement Day is pretty funny xD!

Fight for someone's heart is a bit more difficult because the Wolks are Hayate's family, Vivio can't simply go Sankt Kaiser on them and deliver massive curbstomp. She must fight to gain their thrust in order to pursue her relationship with Hayate. Zafira is still a good babysitter xD.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-31, 01:03   Link #34066
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Location: Place of rocks and trees, and trees and rocks...and water.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Agree with all three of you: More dc crack + more PotB = Happy Kuroi.
I'll do my best to deliver!

Quote:
I feel no sympathy for you.
So mean! *rubs head from impact with wall and pouts* If I kill all my brain cells, then how will I write fanfics???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shigan View Post
oooooh, me like! And Vivio's little snip of sarcasm to Vita induced a short burst of laughter from me. We need more crack like this to smooth the grinding process of writing the longer stories ^__^. Also.... does this mean that there has to be armies involved now if we ever decide to marry them off? O_o
Yes, crack helps ease the strain of the long stories! ^__^ (*coughcough* Alcohol does the same thing?? ) Hehe, I tried to be as vague as possible so that I didn't write us into a corner for that marriage proposal scene , but I needed that line to be funny, so....armies??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Heh, Judgement Day is pretty funny xD!

Fight for someone's heart is a bit more difficult because the Wolks are Hayate's family, Vivio can't simply go Sankt Kaiser on them and deliver massive curbstomp. She must fight to gain their thrust in order to pursue her relationship with Hayate. Zafira is still a good babysitter xD.
Glad you enjoyed it!

You can't curb-stomp your future in-laws! (Curb-stomping future wives is okay, considering Nanoha and Fate! ) Besides, Vivio is a respectful girl here , so she wouldn't break out the fist-cuffs right off .
deathcurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-31, 01:19   Link #34067
Old_Iron
. . .
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Old_Iron
Quote:

An addition to the Hayate x Vivio Files, taking place sometime after "Prerogative of the Brave"...no real spoilers, unless of course you don't want to know if Hayate and Vivio get together or not after "Prerogative"?

I'm usually not one for Vivio x Hayate, but I found this to be rather cute and hilarious. I also now have all kinds of imagery in my head as to what exactly goes on in a Belkan marriage proposal, one of which is Vivio proposing at swordpoint and another is reminiscent of American Gladiators.

Also, don't worry about killing brain cells. We have your brain scanned and backed up for just such an occasion.
Old 2011-08-31, 01:41   Link #34068
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Iron View Post
I'm usually not one for Vivio x Hayate, but I found this to be rather cute and hilarious. I also now have all kinds of imagery in my head as to what exactly goes on in a Belkan marriage proposal, one of which is Vivio proposing at swordpoint and another is reminiscent of American Gladiators.

Also, don't worry about killing brain cells. We have your brain scanned and backed up for just such an occasion.
Heh, I'm glad you liked it!

I hope canon never talks too much about Ancient Belka, because it's so easy to make up funny traditions!

Ah, that's good. Does the backup have AI? And if it does, can it write my essays for me?
Old 2011-08-31, 01:59   Link #34069
Old_Iron
. . .
*Author

Quote:
Heh, I'm glad you liked it!

I hope canon never talks too much about Ancient Belka, because it's so easy to make up funny traditions!

Ah, that's good. Does the backup have AI? And if it does, can it write my essays for me?
I agree. With no fully fleshed out history and the absurd number of traditions out there... The possibilities are endless.

It does have an AI. But after it tried to kill me for not getting it the right kind of RAM, I had to put it in time out. So no essays for you at the moment.
Old 2011-08-31, 07:04   Link #34070
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
Yo, Radiant. Heya, Dezo.

I should have looked for and joined this place YEARS ago. But I'm here now, ready to ask questions and share ideas.

Both of which I'm going to be a lot of before I write anymore Yuuno-related fanfiction. As-is, I'm considering skipping his one-shot chapter so I can get Hayate, Vita and Signum's chapters written.

Are there any particular threads dedicated to discussing the possiblities of where Raising Heart came from and what the Scrya Clan is like?

Also, holy crap, is this an enormous thread. 1703 pages? How am I supposed to catch up on all this?
Hey! Good to see you joined up!

Let's see. For questions where you want specific, factual answers, there's the Q&A thread. That's for "Are there any references in canon to where Raising Heart came from?" type of questions (the answer is no, by the way...people have, in fact, asked that one repeatedly. ).

The "Magic and Technology of MGLN" thread is for general discussion on how different systems work. For some reason, it always seemed to degenerate into flame-wars, though, really more than any other thread (except the Legion/300 war that got the first fanfiction thread closed...yes, these 1703 pages are actually the second iteration of it!).

The "Theories and Speculation" thread is just what it sounds like.

And lots of discussion, as you'll note, tends to get dropped into this thread, because as soon as it happens in a particular fic, then things get discussed in that context.

Lastly, do not overlook the Sound Stage Translations thread--not because there's any discussion there, because there basically isn't, but it's a hugely valuable resource--every one of the MGLN sound stage Drama CDs have been translated by Nagumo there, so it makes for a great reference for looking stuff up.
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-31, 09:54   Link #34071
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
So mean! *rubs head from impact with wall and pouts* If I kill all my brain cells, then how will I write fanfics???
.... You need brain cells to write fanfics?
Old 2011-08-31, 10:10   Link #34072
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
Hey! Good to see you joined up!
Glad there are friendly faces around.

Quote:
And lots of discussion, as you'll note, tends to get dropped into this thread, because as soon as it happens in a particular fic, then things get discussed in that context.
I'm glad this forum has the option to Keyword Search within threads. It's already helped immensely for looking up information specifically about Yuuno in the Battle of the Aces and Manga Discussion threads.

Quote:
Lastly, do not overlook the Sound Stage Translations thread
I was largely unable to access the internet last week and didn't have my computer -- which is a good reason why there's no Hayate/Vita/Signum chapters already written and being posted -- but I used what opportunities I had to read that thread.

Thus did I learn that, even though Yuuno was "always alone" growing up, he has pleasant memories of the Scrya Clan's "family tent". Enough so that he enjoys lively parties and busy social gatherings.

It adds a little depth to a character when he's just as comfortable in the Infinite Library and an alcoholically boisterous flower-viewing.

Research suggests, however, that Yuuno was preparing a Teleportation High spell while fighting off Vita and trying to crack her field. So, I think I'm remiss about that part in Chrono's chapter which claimed Chrono was better at multi-tasking spells. (Besides, Chrono was just sneaking around at that point, rather than dueling Vita.)
Old 2011-08-31, 10:15   Link #34073
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

I have a fic in mind that'll explore Yuuno's childhood, but it, like everything else, is on the back burner until I can get through some of my other fics

I'm F91 from FF.net, btw
Old 2011-08-31, 11:25   Link #34074
yuiseppe
Cute things, sharp teeth.

Quote:

Nice Very cute and delightfully light. Fav line (and also those mentioned by Dezo) is: "Suddenly, Vivio felt the room temperature drop considerably. And it couldn’t have been though any magical means, since Signum’s magic was fire-based."

*side-rolls back to work*
Old 2011-08-31, 13:24   Link #34075
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Iron View Post
I agree. With no fully fleshed out history and the absurd number of traditions out there... The possibilities are endless.

It does have an AI. But after it tried to kill me for not getting it the right kind of RAM, I had to put it in time out. So no essays for you at the moment.
Even funnier is that since it's a lost civilization, technically the Wolkies can make up anything they'd like and no one can really contradict them!

Ah, I see. Sorry, it figures that an AI that sprouts from a copy of my brain would be homicidally violent . How else can I explain why characters seem to die so often in my fanfics?

Quote:
.... You need brain cells to write fanfics?
...or at least, enough to make my fingers move on the keyboard? Because if that's not possible then I'll need my literate transcriber dog to type out my dictation .

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuiseppe View Post
Nice Very cute and delightfully light. Fav line (and also those mentioned by Dezo) is: "Suddenly, Vivio felt the room temperature drop considerably. And it couldn’t have been though any magical means, since Signum’s magic was fire-based."

*side-rolls back to work*
Thanks! I wanted to play up the interrogation-drama-cliches, but still do it tongue-in-cheek so that it's not boring .

OH MY, yui's a ninja too! *in awe of successful side-roll*
Old 2011-08-31, 13:34   Link #34076
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
But, dc, I thought your dog did all your typing for you.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-31, 13:46   Link #34077
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
But, dc, I thought your dog did all your typing for you.
Shhhh! I'm trying to justify my need for a few functional brain cells! Besides, my dog is trying to teach me how to type, it just takes me far too long. When you have a dog who can type 100 words a minute, it's much easier just to use his talents ....
Old 2011-08-31, 14:05   Link #34078
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Shhhh! I'm trying to justify my need for a few functional brain cells! Besides, my dog is trying to teach me how to type, it just takes me far too long. When you have a dog who can type 100 words a minute, it's much easier just to use his talents ....
Yeah, but still, your dog works for you.

My muse just works me into the ground some days.

Nanya-muse: What was that?!
EEEK! She's evil, I tell you!
Nanya-muse: *Glomps DC-muse* WAAAAHHH!! He's making fun of me!
DC-muse: Frankly, you could use it.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-31, 14:11   Link #34079
Old_Iron
. . .
*Author

Quote:
Sounds like a pretty cool dog. My cat just wants tummy rubs and lays all over my drafting table.

Though since we can make a backup... What if we combined your powers of authordom with those of your AI? Would we get double the processing power? Squared?

...Or would I die a horribly violent death.
Old 2011-08-31, 14:28   Link #34080
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
I'm F91 from FF.net, btw
Oh, howdy there!

Anyway, I decided that I can't accurately cover Yuuno's method of handling the Maze until I've worked through how he fights on his own.*

Chrono has fought alone against Precia's defense robots and dueled Fate in practice, and I was able to use that. Whereas Yuuno's only solos and duels happened mostly off-screen. Plus, Yuuno's style is more team-based on top of that.

So, I decided that I need to write what happened off-screen for those fights.

Yuuno versus the First Jewel Seed, versus the Second Jewel Seed's monster (from start to well-known finish), versus Chrono in a training match, and versus Fate in a training match. Then Vita.

* Why doesn't Yuuno just teleport to the end? Well, that would still require some fighting and self-defense, if it was happening on a planet. But I decided that it's probably happening on the HQ subspace station. And teleporting from point to point within subspace seems like something I could reasonably label "impossible".

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha