AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Favourite Code Geass Pairings, Take 2 (multiple choice allowed)
Lelouch stays single 126 11.22%
Lelouch x C.C. 744 66.25%
Lelouch x Kallen 406 36.15%
Lelouch x Shirley 176 15.67%
Lelouch x Millay 65 5.79%
Suzaku x Kallen 150 13.36%
Suzaku x Nunally 102 9.08%
Suzaku x Shirley 46 4.10%
Lloyd x Millay 63 5.61%
Viletta x Ougi 213 18.97%
Rival x Millay 107 9.53%
Lloyd x Cecile 113 10.06%
Schneizel x Cecile 43 3.83%
Cornelia x Guildford 130 11.58%
Other pairings not listed (give who and reason) 78 6.95%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1123. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-05-07, 11:47   Link #3441
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanatsusaya View Post
I would like to question the same thing with LelouchxKallen. The fact that Kallen's side of romance has just been developing does not mean we have to wipe off all other things with C.C., since there would be plenty of them.
Tortoise and the hare; pure and simple.
Old 2008-05-07, 12:11   Link #3442
Stretch5920

I like Kallen and Lelouch because of the Knight/Princess and Louis Lane/Clark Kent/Superman thing they got going. I don't see it happening though.
Old 2008-05-07, 14:16   Link #3443
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanatsusaya View Post
I would like to question the same thing with LelouchxKallen. The fact that Kallen's side of romance has just been developing does not mean we have to wipe off all other things with C.C., since there would be plenty of them.
For one, what is there to even wipe off with C.C.? There hasn't been a single thing in R2that even hints at anything happening. Currently Kallen is in the lead with a slew of moments in R2 so far that give her a ton of leeway so far, Shirley comes in second with a few of her moments here and there, and C.C. in dead last with nothing at all so far.

To be frank, if you want a happy ending romance wise then you should root for Kallen and Shirley. Why? Because the only way LelouchXC.C. is going to end is in tragedy and join all the other tragic pairings like ShiroXSaber and SimonXNia. It's pratically some sort of law that they would have to have some sort of parting in the end. Of course, they could just have them seperate and Lelouch just go to another girl which would probably be Kallen.

Of course it doesn't ruin the show since romance is a small part of this. It would also be much more memorable of an ending if they had some sad parting between the two which seems to be the thing everyone is doing these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Tortoise and the hare; pure and simple.
What does that mean? What does "slow and steady wins the race" have to do with this?

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-05-07, 14:33   Link #3444
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
What does that mean? What does "slow and steady wins the race" have to do with this?
Quite simple, everyone is obsesed over the fact that the interactions between Lelouch and C2 (the hare) started before Lelouch and Kallen interactions (the tortoise). Just because the hare started first, doesn't mean it will win; is the simple point of what I said.
Old 2008-05-07, 14:44   Link #3445
Marsala
Delurker

Quote:
Quite simple, everyone is obsesed over the fact that the interactions between Lelouch and C2 (the hare) started before Lelouch and Kallen interactions (the tortoise). Just because the hare started first, doesn't mean it will win; is the simple point of what I said.
Ironically, the tortoise and the hare metaphor applies better the other way around. In R1, it was Kallen whom Lelouch had the most significant interactions with in the beginning, with C.C. not catching up until later. R2 could be following a similar pattern.
Old 2008-05-07, 15:12   Link #3446
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I don't know what "everyone" is referring to since there seem to be a large number of people that don't think much of their interactions at all, but okay.

Kallen did have the first real interactions with him while C.C. didn't have anything that could even be called meaningful until 11.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-05-07, 15:26   Link #3447
Marsala
Delurker

Quote:
I don't know what "everyone" is referring to since there seem to be a large number of people that don't think much of their interactions at all, but okay.

Kallen did have the first real interactions with him while C.C. didn't have anything that could even be called meaningful until 11.
But episode 11's interactions blew everything else out of the water. Lelouch hasn't been so, um, quasi-romantic with a woman before or after that. I think the most subtle but significant moment there was how Lelouch threw away the hankerchief with C.C.'s blood sample; that was an act with no meaning to anyone but himself.
Old 2008-05-07, 15:47   Link #3448
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Well, I suppose that is what Var means when speaking of some obessing over that scene. And that scene wasn't quasi-romantic at all really. Plenty will argue it was just them growing closer as partners and nothing more. The magazines said that moment made them consider one another an important existence, but that doesn't mean much.

I thought he was just cleaning the handerchief?

Old 2008-05-07, 15:52   Link #3449
Marsala
Delurker

Quote:
Well, I suppose that is what Var means when speaking of some obessing over that scene. And that scene wasn't quasi-romantic at all really. Plenty will argue it was just them growing closer as partners and nothing more. The magazines said that moment made them consider one another an important existence, but that doesn't mean much.
"Doesn't mean much"?! Of course it means much! They went from schemers mutually using each other to genuinely caring about each other. And then there was the line about snow, spoken right in front of Kallen, too. That scene deliberately set up a love triangle between the three of them; meanwhile poor Shirley remained unaware of C.C.'s existence, focusing her jealousy mistakenly on Kallen. (Of course, now she's unaware of C.C. AND Kallen as rivals.)
Quote:
I thought he was just cleaning the handerchief?
No, he threw it into a pool, never to be found again. Either way, he discarded the blood sample, which shows a sudden respect for C.C.'s privacy.
Old 2008-05-07, 15:54   Link #3450
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

And then all that went to hell during the Mao arc.

Well, perhaps the name made it unneeded to have any sort of blood sample.

Old 2008-05-07, 16:01   Link #3451
Marsala
Delurker

Quote:
And then all that went to hell during the Mao arc.
The Mao arc ended with Lelouch and C.C. closer than ever. He found out why she is afraid to get close to people, particularly him, and reaffirmed the bond between them.
Quote:
Well, perhaps the name made it unneeded to have any sort of blood sample.
No, it didn't. The blood sample could have given Lelouch a clue to C.C.'s true nature as an immortal human being, but he chose to throw it away.
Old 2008-05-07, 16:02   Link #3452
Stretch5920

Didn't he study the blood?

Also I thought the scene was dodgey. C.C says stuff like "first time anyone ever thanked me or treated me well" etc. But then we find out about Mao, whom she lived happily with for awhile, and later on she says she can't remember the people who were nice or mean to her in the past. But Mao was obviously nice to her before he was nuts. She's full of it. How would she know if nobody thanked her before if she can't remember. Too many holes in it.

Don't get me started on that stupid metaphor. Snow is white, lost it's colour, C.C's wears white. durrr wonder what that means.
Old 2008-05-07, 16:13   Link #3453
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch5920 View Post

Also I thought the scene was dodgey. C.C says stuff like "first time anyone ever thanked me or treated me well" etc. But then we find out about Mao, whom she lived happily with for awhile, and later on she says she can't remember the people who were nice or mean to her in the past. But Mao was obviously nice to her before he was nuts. She's full of it. How would she know if nobody thanked her before if she can't remember. Too many holes in it.

Don't get me started on that stupid metaphor. Snow is white, lost it's colour, C.C's wears white. durrr wonder what that means.
This is actually what bothers me. The writers aren't stupid and knew that mao arc was next. Why did she make that comment? if it simply not true? it bothers me. There are too many things that make me question C.C. She is not simply Lelouch ally. She does whatever hell she wants too. Including getting pizza ( ) CC is a more complex character than we think. which also makes me think that she might be the end boss =X. Crazy i know but still within the bounds as she still has an agenda that has not been said. why is she being so secretive wouldn't it make sense for her to tell him all the information so he can make strategies from that. This is not romantic interaction. This what has been bothering me about her. If she did have feelings then why not help to best of her extent. Why keep secrets to yourself, that can help the suppose person you care about?
Old 2008-05-07, 16:36   Link #3454
hero147

Quote:

I guess Mao didnt treat CC kindly, and it was just CC treating Mao kindly
Old 2008-05-07, 16:44   Link #3455
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsala View Post
The Mao arc ended with Lelouch and C.C. closer than ever. He found out why she is afraid to get close to people, particularly him, and reaffirmed the bond between them.

No, it didn't. The blood sample could have given Lelouch a clue to C.C.'s true nature as an immortal human being, but he chose to throw it away.
Yeah, but it was completely business after that. The two below you are right though that the she is just full of it and that her scenes probably have no meaning whatsoever except demonstrating that she is just a lying and manipulative person by nature.

Still doesn't mean much.

Quote:

No evidence he did and it was never brought up again.

Thanked her and who is to say that Mao didn't thank her? It seems somewhat odd I guess, but I honestly doubt she would have reacted in such a way if it didn't mean anything. Besides, it could just be that as far as she can remember that is the first time she can recall.

Your right though, the scene is meaningless after all. All the arguing for nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witacume View Post
This is actually what bothers me. The writers aren't stupid and knew that mao arc was next. Why did she make that comment? if it simply not true? it bothers me. There are too many things that make me question C.C. She is not simply Lelouch ally. She does whatever hell she wants too. Including getting pizza ( ) CC is a more complex character than we think. which also makes me think that she might be the end boss =X. Crazy i know but still within the bounds as she still has an agenda that has not been said. why is she being so secretive wouldn't it make sense for her to tell him all the information so he can make strategies from that. This is not romantic interaction. This what has been bothering me about her. If she did have feelings then why not help to best of her extent. Why keep secrets to yourself, that can help the suppose person you care about?
Probably just a sign she is not going to end up with him at all. And Marianne is involved in this as well and likely has a say in what C.C. lets Lelouch know. Besides, Lelouch is secretive too.

Given her life, the reason she is so secretive is because her experiances have made her distrust most people in general. She also still wants to avoid getting to close to anyone lest it impede things.

Or you could just call her a manipulative bitch and be done with it.

I guess there hasn't been a single meaningful scene looking at it now. Well, at least that puts to rest C.C., which means now it's just Kallen and Shirley. Kallen seems to be the one likely to win right now.

Old 2008-05-07, 16:54   Link #3456
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsala View Post
Ironically, the tortoise and the hare metaphor applies better the other way around. In R1, it was Kallen whom Lelouch had the most significant interactions with in the beginning, with C.C. not catching up until later. R2 could be following a similar pattern.
What are you even talking about? Lelouch and Kallen hardly interacted in S1, it was Kallen and Zero who interacted in S1. While it may be the same peope, it is not on similar terms nor is it between the people themselves, but through their respective masks. On the other hand, Lelouch and C2 interacted on more or less equal terms through out most of S1.

You, more or less, contradicted the very basis for why others don't like Lelouch and Kallen or find it harder to see coming to fruition than C2 and Lelouch... and the story itself. So, quite simply, no, the tortoise and the hare is not reversed.
Old 2008-05-07, 17:00   Link #3457
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Okay, they were wrong. Who cares?

And it has nothing so much to do with not liking as much as not seeing much of a basis being formed as was done with both C.C. and Shirley, though since C.C.'s scenes are meaningless she probably has no basis at all.

Besides, Kallen has the most scenes and interaction so far in R2 and has already been developed much faster than at any point in season 1.

Old 2008-05-07, 17:14   Link #3458
Marsala
Delurker

Quote:
What are you even talking about? Lelouch and Kallen hardly interacted in S1, it was Kallen and Zero who interacted in S1. While it may be the same peope, it is not on similar terms nor is it between the people themselves, but through their respective masks. On the other hand, Lelouch and C2 interacted on more or less equal terms through out most of S1.

You, more or less, contradicted the very basis for why others don't like Lelouch and Kallen or find it harder to see coming to fruition than C2 and Lelouch... and the story itself. So, quite simply, no, the tortoise and the hare is not reversed.
I mean episode 3, which was mainly about Lelouch and Kallen at Ashford. This happened before C.C. was even properly introduced. Then Kallen had some more significant, if not very progressive, interaction with Lelouch in episode 9. So it was like the hare that got off to a quick start but was passed by the tortoise, slowly plugging along, as Lelouch and C.C. got to know each other better.
Old 2008-05-07, 17:21   Link #3459
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I think Var meant that C.C. got the most interaction in season 1, hence calling her the hare. And now Kallen is catching up in R2 since she is currently in the lead.

Old 2008-05-07, 17:34   Link #3460
Marsala
Delurker

Quote:
I think Var meant that C.C. got the most interaction in season 1, hence calling her the hare. And now Kallen is catching up in R2 since she is currently in the lead.
She's not really catching up. Kallen had some significant interaction in episode 2 that resolved the crisis of last year's ep. 25 and some minor interaction in episode 5 at the beginning. Mainly the focus has been on her confused feelings towards Lelouch and Zero and her not wanting to be excluded from his secrets, which ties in with the tension between her and C.C. that has been built upon.
Closed Thread

Tags
characters, romance