AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2021-05-02, 15:23   Link #3461
justavisitor

Random thoughts about this episode:

1. Yuri always heals Touma back to 100% health, but since Ryo is not the main character, Yuri decides to just heal Ryo to the bare minimum and the rest will be depended on the "modern technology" Poor Poor Ryo XD
2. Touma x Kento is so strong in today's episode
3. Calibur's ability to see the future is as accurate as the weather forecast

The phoenix will be back in the next episode. The DVD of the saber's short movie has come out, so you may want to see the short movie first (phoenix was the bad guy in that short movie)...but the movie was only about 23 min and imo you will be fine without watching it as there was almost no backstory in that movie
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-14, 23:18   Link #3462
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Suddenly news about Toei sent warning letters to fansubs working on tokusatsu ...
Old 2021-05-15, 07:59   Link #3463
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
Suddenly news about Toei sent warning letters to fansubs working on tokusatsu ...
Seriously? It's a dick move, considering it's not like we have alternatives. Or maybe they're planning on simulcasting them, but in that case it would make more sense to send warnings after that happened.
Old 2021-05-15, 10:06   Link #3464
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Seriously? It's a dick move, considering it's not like we have alternatives. Or maybe they're planning on simulcasting them, but in that case it would make more sense to send warnings after that happened.
Yeah, some of fansubbers already made statement they will not release Kamen Rider and Super Sentai following it.
Toei themselves expressed interest to go streaming but not many people buying it as so far Toei streaming quality is poor (limited to two episodes, low resolution or bad translations). Also, like you said, if that's the intention better do it after they make official statement about it or if kind enough, wait until either Saber or Zenkaiger over.

Kinda ironic how Tsuburaya is the one that once bankrupt due to copyright issue with overseas media but now the most aggressive between two when it comes to acknowledging overseas audience; here TOEI find it difficult to understand that Kamen Rider and Super Sentai also popular overseas despite all that sales number throughout Heisei era.

Old 2021-05-15, 14:03   Link #3465
justavisitor

Will toei put Kamen rider and super sentai on youtube like ultraman?? But seriously, they should wait until both saber and zenkaiger are over

Well toei probably only cares about the Asian market. I think a China's youtube-like company has bought the right of kamen rider to be broadcasted on the same day...but Toei has no clue on how the oversea market works, or they just don't care
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2021-05-17, 17:05   Link #3466
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
Will toei put Kamen rider and super sentai on youtube like ultraman?? But seriously, they should wait until both saber and zenkaiger are over

Well toei probably only cares about the Asian market. I think a China's youtube-like company has bought the right of kamen rider to be broadcasted on the same day...but Toei has no clue on how the oversea market works, or they just don't care
If they only cared about the Asian market, they wouldn't have sent letters specifically targeting English fansubbers. They probably have a deal in the works with a streaming platform.
Old 2021-05-17, 19:02   Link #3467
justavisitor

Quote:
If they only cared about the Asian market, they wouldn't have sent letters specifically targeting English fansubbers. They probably have a deal in the works with a streaming platform.
True...hope they will put Kamen rider and super sentai to youtube like ultraman...and hire the subbers with high salary please...the accuracy and the word effects made by the fan subbers are just amazing to say the least

Back to the current episode...poor Raimeiken Ikazuchi You can almost imagine the sword was just yelling to Kento to pick it up again...but Kento was probably thinking about the following at that moment:

Kamen Rider Espada:
Punching Power: 9.8 t
Kicking Power: 18.5 t
Maximum Jump Height: 20.4 m
Maximum Running Speed: 100 m per 4.6 seconds

Jaou Dragon:
Punching Power: 26.1 t
Kicking Power: 47.8 t
Maximum Jump Height: 46.7 m
Maximum Running Speed: 100 m per 2.9 seconds

plus with Jaou Dragon, you can pop in and out anywhere, see the not so accurate future, and can seal all those Seikens which proves to be an useless attempt to save the world...still, good abilities to have

Kento: No offense, but I will pick the Ankokuken Kurayami instead
Old 2021-05-18, 01:00   Link #3468
B214

And if there's a power up for Espada that is stronger than Calibur for the next swordsman, Kento will be weeping for forgiveness with his former sword.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-18, 06:57   Link #3469
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Wait, are the fansubbers really gonna stop doing their works? Damn, that'll suck if true. Especially those who want to keep up to date.
Old 2021-05-18, 17:10   Link #3470
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Wait, are the fansubbers really gonna stop doing their works? Damn, that'll suck if true. Especially those who want to keep up to date.
They might go "underground", uploading episodes anonymously instead of with their group name. They're easy for Toei to target right now because they all have websites.
Old 2021-05-18, 21:11   Link #3471
justavisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
And if there's a power up for Espada that is stronger than Calibur for the next swordsman, Kento will be weeping for forgiveness with his former sword.
You bet he will And Kento will have some cheesy lines at that time like "It's good to have you back, partner!"/"Let's fight together again!", pretending the betrayal never happened
Old 2021-05-24, 18:07   Link #3472
kiak666

Trademark for the next series has been revealed:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
kiak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-24, 18:19   Link #3473
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Already? Is Saber going to end early?

That title leaves me clueless as to what it'll be about.
Old 2021-05-24, 22:00   Link #3474
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

> Durandal first impression: "The suit looks odd, feels cheap"
> Durandal debut: "My, feels sleek and better than Sabla, understandable considering his gimmick, better than what scan shows"

> Solomon first impression: "Damn that's cool suit from a rework"
> Solomon debut: "Why it looks cheap? Why the paint job not as good as others?"

Spoiler:

Solomon power is to use all Wonder World book power; nice try to make 'bible' a final boss without mentioning 'bible'.
I kinda get feeling that Touma final form will be power to write book since they introduced him as novelist (similar to Wizard when Haruto said he draw power from gems, so his final form will be diamond based), I guess ability to write any power Saber wanted will be what formed through combination of all Seiken.
Old 2021-05-25, 14:14   Link #3475
justavisitor

Quote:
Already? Is Saber going to end early?

That title leaves me clueless as to what it'll be about.
The actor of Slash (the musical rider) posted in his twitter, implying(or just a joke) that the show will end on 8/29

Now, even if what he posts is true, there are always some interruptions in the summer due to golf, baseball, etc. And we have Olympics (will we??) this year so even if it will end on 8/29, probably we will only have a total of 46 to 47 episodes.

And @Tactics, I just don't think Solomon is the final boss. He is too pitiful to be a boss imo. Storious seems more calculating, and he has sophia number 2 ready

P.S Yuri is so strong as he can block Solomon's debut finisher without any scratch !!!
Old 2021-05-27, 08:44   Link #3476
kiak666

Saber's Final Form leaked:

Images

Spoiler for Thoughts:
kiak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-29, 20:15   Link #3477
iko_uwais

YouTube

4K blu ray remaster of the Showa rider movies. The image quality is just amazing
iko_uwais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-30, 17:08   Link #3478
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiak666 View Post
Saber's Final Form leaked:

Images

Spoiler for Thoughts:
Since it's in the preview for episode 38 I guess we can talk about it. Does the form being blue mean they remembered King Of Arthur was a thing? (for like two episodes, but it was a thing)

On a random note, the city sure is small. They all keep bumping into each other. And what is the point of Ren's character? He's just a waste of time.
Old 2021-05-30, 17:56   Link #3479
justavisitor

Wow, the 4k remaster is amazing indeed!! May consider buying it to enjoy the old shows and learn Japanese at the same time XD

And from the wording on the magazine, it seems like the final form has nothing to do with King Arthur, but we will see in next week.

Random thought about this episode...
Kento punches Rintaro to the gut.
Rintaro, lies down in pain but does not become unconscious: WTH...@#@#$@#
Kento: Weird, in anime, a punch to the stomach should knock people out.
Old 2021-05-30, 22:28   Link #3480
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Man, that 4K looks awesome. Green lush scenery of 70-80's era and vivid rice field landscape made me feels old, why you have to do this to me.

Anyway, Yuri made me feels bad to other senior swordsmen, being the one open to change as well as the one having ancient knowledge and strength, its hard complaining when he saves the day since it would be weird if he's not doing that.

Quote:
Since it's in the preview for episode 38 I guess we can talk about it. Does the form being blue mean they remembered King Of Arthur was a thing? (for like two episodes, but it was a thing)

And what is the point of Ren's character? He's just a waste of time.
Solomon using big energy sword on previous episode pretty much telling they do remember King of Arthur.
Still, as you said, Ren, then looking back to Desast, Megid Generals that got their human side slightly recovered when defeated, Emotional Dragon appears in series; feels like a lot of interesting idea works in motion but everything unrelated to hyping final battle have to be thrown away at this point following budget and whatever issues brought by COVID. Sad fate of magical-theme Riders.

Speaking about final form, there is rumor saying that Cross Saber form is not final form but new base form due to how Cross Saber book, unlike other major upgrade books (Jaou Dragon, Dragonic Knight, Elemental, Tategami Lion) only occupy one slot. It also works if Reiwa direction is "final form is evolution of base form" like what Zero One shown.

Tags
henshin, kamen rider, tokusatsu