AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2010-02-24, 18:48   Link #3461
Animelover#1
Kouta...

Can I ask something? how many guys here like high heels? and how many girls like wearing them?
Everyone makes a fuss on high heels but they damage the ladys feet and I dont find them attractive either. tbh I would prefer ankle socks with running/sporty trainers, or those really tall stripy socks with some form of "school" looking type shoes. Guess you could call it a fetish
Animelover#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-24, 19:35   Link #3462
Buttercup~
<3 ice cream!

^

Actually... speaking from a female's perspective, high heels aren't too bad as long as you don't wear them all the time and they're not like a 5 inches high o_O

I like wearing them for special occasions cuz they actually change your posture and give the appearance that you're slimmer lol =P and of course, if you're short, they make you taller... >_>
Buttercup~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-24, 21:04   Link #3463
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Honestly, so far as it goes I despise high heels and prefer not to wear them at all if I can, but like Buttercup said, it's not really a major problem so long as you don't wear them all the time or especially high. They do make some nice changes to your posture.
Old 2010-02-24, 21:17   Link #3464
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

I have to say I don't like high heels very much. No surprise really, since I prefer short girls.

My girlfriend does wear boots with a slight heel a lot since she doesn't appreciate her (lack of) height as much as I do, but I don't really consider that the same thing.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-24, 22:51   Link #3465
yoropa
Director

Never really was a fan of ridiculous heels. I mean, if it's like an inch or something that's one thing and I'd be fine with that I suppose. This may also be because I'm not a tall person whatsoever. And I'm also a flatfoot, which makes things worse. Although I personally don't care if I'm with a girl who's over a foot taller than me. She probably does though.
yoropa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-24, 23:11   Link #3466
Buttercup~
<3 ice cream!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
From what i've learned thus far

I'm the one on the initiative. I need to have a certain degree of solid confidence and capable aura to seem acctractive, while weight isn't a problem anymore, I can't help but feel worried about me being handsome enough. It's not a low self-esteem as it is anxiety.

I need to be somewhat forward and 'teasing'/flirtatious, though not in an eccentric mannerism or perverted/jerkoff way. I need to show appreciation to them even while doing mentioned. the line ""Why don't you share my pizza with me? It'll work out great; you get free food and I get the pleasure of your company for awhile." seems particuliar well chosen for how I want to approach.

I need everything on a wavelength, everything fitting together to fit a personable first expression, not a guy-who-flirted-too-much or a -that-shy-person first expression.Though it may be too late, since I interacted with her briefly. Briefly still being interacted.

I shouldn't rush, and I agree. Rushing is bad, I want to be personable first, and intimate when I think it's necessary.

The problem: When I usually carry myself with confidence, I tend to be 'pompous' or 'mightier then thou' kind. I tend to either do it not at all, or in the extreme... So I need help with that part.

Thank you all for helping me thus far. I appreciate it. Even if it doesn't work out, this information will stick with me

Wow that's pretty spot on =) You've got it!
Although, I must say... if it's something you're uncomfortable doing or saying or acting... you shouldn't behave that way since girls can easily tell when a guy isn't being natural or out of character =P

It's not something you'll grasp right away... but it'll probably get better with more social situations and perhaps alcohol =O lol! But in all seriousness... you should just be assertive but not too much that you overwhelm the girl. Be flirty so she knows you're interested but not too much so that she thinks you're flirting with everyone else either >_> girls like to be treated special ^^
Buttercup~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-24, 23:55   Link #3467
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
I often think that one of the biggest challenges shy people face is getting noticed by the right people. And speaking from experience it can take them a while to express their feelings too.
Your "a while" means "indefinitely long period of time". Most of them just hold onto their feelings and suffer in silence, not good.

Quote:
Also speaking from experience, I would advise not operating a motor vehicle while listening to a shy girl say she wants to go out with you.
That is why it is important to check the airbags, handbrake and footbrake before you fetch someone.

Or you can try this :

*offer her a pair of bunny ears in a bag*
You : I thought you would look cute in these.
She : What is this? *opens bag* Bunny ears?
You : Yep. Put it on! I am sure you will look cute in them.

DISCLAIMER : I do not take any responsibility of the various insurance companies refuse to pay up.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-25, 00:10   Link #3468
yoropa
Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Or you can try this :

*offer her a pair of bunny ears in a bag*
You : I thought you would look cute in these.
She : What is this? *opens bag* Bunny ears?
You : Yep. Put it on! I am sure you will look cute in them.

DISCLAIMER : I do not take any responsibility of the various insurance companies refuse to pay up.
I did that once before, except with cat ears.

...Once. ><
Old 2010-02-25, 00:18   Link #3469
Bassoonicmayhem
The Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animelover#1 View Post
Can I ask something? how many guys here like high heels? and how many girls like wearing them?
Everyone makes a fuss on high heels but they damage the ladys feet and I dont find them attractive either. tbh I would prefer ankle socks with running/sporty trainers, or those really tall stripy socks with some form of "school" looking type shoes. Guess you could call it a fetish
Okay, I'm already a very tall girl so wearing high heels makes me feels uncomfortable in the since that I went from being 5'11 to 6'1.

High heels usually are uncomfortable to wear too. Once they start getting past two inches high, I have a hard time wearing them. To be honest, I love high heel shoes. I love looking at them and I love the idea of them but they never come in my size (the ones I want anyway) so it's usually a lost cause for me anyway.

When it comes to going on dates or out parting, I find myself wearing at least a one inch heel, maybe even a two and a half inch. I'm usually much taller than any of the guys that ask me out anyway so I try to wear not much of a heel to begin with. It's very complicated, or at least for me.
Old 2010-02-25, 00:27   Link #3470
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoropa View Post
I did that once before, except with cat ears.

...Once. ><
I would advise getting a friend to do it for you and just happening to have a camera ready so you can ask her for a photo.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-25, 00:30   Link #3471
yoropa
Director

Oh don't worry I got a picture. Whether or not it is a COMPLETELY different question.
Back on topic...

Things look pretty good for me, which is the first time I think I can confidently say that.
Old 2010-02-25, 02:36   Link #3472
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
I would advise getting a friend to do it for you and just happening to have a camera ready so you can ask her for a photo.
On the road, there is always the speed chase camera. Just put your foot down on the accelerator pedal.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-25, 03:09   Link #3473
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
how many guys here like high heels?
If you mean high shoes for guys, they're quite handy at dancing...if you mean high heels for girls, I fear them and their pointy edges...I mean, what if she slips somewhere (not necessarily a banana peel) and the tip of the heels goes straight to my knee?
As a matter of looks, high heels are good but I prefer boots.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-25, 06:41   Link #3474
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
I love it when girls wear high heels. The only exception is when they are ridiculously high and look unusual. Other than that I find it very sexy and arousing when girls sport them. Wouldn't mind if my girlfriend wore them every day. Of course that isn't realistic. She rarely wears them as it is, but when she does she looks very enticing.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-25, 07:57   Link #3475
Animelover#1
Kouta...

yeah, meant girls.. Hish heels really do put me off, although i like boots. (not high heeled boots -.-).

Don't really mind 1inch heels or anything less but after that it makes me think they're trying to hard, no offense.ke them in the first place.)
Animelover#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-25, 08:34   Link #3476
cheyannew
PolyPerson!

I think I only own 1 pair of shoes/boots that lack a noticable heel. The rest're usually around 2" all the way up to my rarely worn (because they are impractical but so cute) 6" heeled kneehigh platform boots.

I've worn heels for so long it actually feels odd for me to NOT wear them, and since I tend to walk on the balls of my feet anyway (maybe a carryover from doing ballet for several years) wearing heels doesn't feel uncomfortable.

My issue is that I have gigantor feet (9.5/10 US size) and it's REALLY hard to find cute shoes in that size. I tend to wear more boots than shoes per say.

My hubby's only 1" taller than I am so he's used to me being taller.

RIFT | Division | Side 7 Art Archive
cheyannew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-25, 08:37   Link #3477
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
I don't like high heels on a woman. They make her look too tall imho, and to me, the feet just look too unnatural and I really don't know how the manage to walk on them. If the heels are like 2 or 3 cm, that's fine, but anything more is pushing it for me.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-25, 08:47   Link #3478
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
High heels are usually supposed to make a woman look classier, for example if the girls also wear a party dress.

The bad side of it is that it can damage your feet, knees (the heels being large or thin doesn't change that), and your legs/thighs veins since it causes bloodstream problems. It also increases the lumbar lorbosis. It's also just uncomfortable for many women.

Now that everything is said and done, as for me, I prefer to keep my legs and feet safe from that tool of torture
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-25, 08:55   Link #3479
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
High heels are usually supposed to make a woman look classier, for example if the girls also wear a party dress.

The bad side of it is that it can damage your feet, knees (the heels being large or thin doesn't change that), and your legs/thighs veins since it causes bloodstream problems. It also increases the lumbar lorbosis. It's also just uncomfortable for many women.

Now that everything is said and done, as for me, I prefer to keep my legs and feet safe from that tool of torture
Makes me wonder who had the bright idea to come up with heels. It looks neither classy or sexy to me. It looks impractical because it causes the problems you mentioned, not to mention it's hard to walk on them for extended periods of time and hard to keep balance on them, and gives people a false impression on top of that.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-25, 08:59   Link #3480
cheyannew
PolyPerson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo View Post
Makes me wonder who had the bright idea to come up with heels. It looks neither classy or sexy to me. It looks impractical because it causes the problems you mentioned, not to mention it's hard to walk on them for extended periods of time and hard to keep balance on them, and gives people a false impression on top of that.
LOL Over time, horrific torture devices have been created to make women "sexy"

IE Pantyhose (ugh, avoid those tyvm), underwire bras, corsets etc.

I personally feel uncomfortable in flat shoes, because I can't walk on the balls of my feet.

But then I am a rather odd individual

RIFT | Division | Side 7 Art Archive
cheyannew is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice, break-ups, dating, dating after divorce, divorce, happiness, love, pairings, single dad, single mom