AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index LN - New Testament Volume 10 Rating
Perfect 10 44 33.59%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 58 44.27%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 12.21%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 5.34%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.53%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 3.05%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-05-20, 01:22   Link #3461
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Just pointing out that the ENTIRE Gremlin has seen Kamijou and Mikoto doing their little thing on video cam in Hawaii as Thor had mentioned before.

Shitz probably all over youtube now as they speak- "Will they, won't they - Japanese Highschool romance oversea"
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-20, 01:30   Link #3462
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Just pointing out that the ENTIRE Gremlin has seen Kamijou and Mikoto doing their little thing on video cam in Hawaii as Thor had mentioned before.

Shitz probably all over youtube now as they speak- "Will they, won't they - Japanese Highschool romance oversea"
That will be Gremlins greatest troll, can you imagine the reactions from their friends and family If they saw that.
Old 2014-05-20, 02:02   Link #3463
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:

That brightened my day a little. I can just imagine returning to japan when it's all over:

Touma: It's finally over Gremlin wont bother us anymore and we can live a peaceful life ... what were we doing in school ten million years ago or so...?

Othinus: It isn't over... Gremlin had one last card to play to raise hell in Japan... A weapon of unequalled destruction!!

Touma: What!?? we have to do something where is it!!?? It isn't too late!!!

Othinus: It is too late ... </clicks on youtube link>

Touma: .... My yoooouuuttthhhhh!!!!

</World War 4 breaks out in Touma's Harem> .... World End....

The edge of sadomasochism is paper thin
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-20, 02:15   Link #3464
Baron-Zara

Lol that would be fun XD

I was also worrying about what Othinus was doing these 10 minutes but now that I was reminded by how Gremlin saw the Kamikoto scene, I agree that she probably just tried to read the mood
And imagining Othinus making snow angels seems so cute <3 Why do I see it fitting her so much :3
Old 2014-05-20, 02:22   Link #3465
The One Above God
Kamijou

what if, after all of this ends, something like this happens:

*Kamijou Touma enters bathroom*
*Fairy Othinus is taking a bath*
Othinus: Kyaaaaah! Ecchi!
Touma: Don't "Kyah! Ecchi" me! I can't even see anything when you're in that form!
Othinus: I can't help it. It would save more water if I'm in this form. Shouldn't you be a little thankful to me?
Touma: I appreciate your effort to save water and my pocket, but it isn't really any different from a normal bath since you're still using the exact amount of water or more! Oh, and if you're going to "Kyah! Ecchi" me, shouldn't you be in a bigger form so that I can actually see something and that your accusation will be more legit?
Othinus: Oh, you mean like this? *somehow transforms into adult form* Touma, I didn't know you were longing for this body. You should have just said so and I would walk around your room like this.
Touma: Gbhhh?! Wha-what are you doing?! I didn't even tell you to transform now! And you can transform?! Why didn't you tell me that before?! And what are you talking about walking around here like that?! What if Index sees you? Do you know what she would do to me?!
*Index walks in the room and does her usual routine with Touma*

"I'll destroy that illusion!"
The One Above God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-20, 02:37   Link #3466
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda View Post
That brightened my day a little. I can just imagine returning to japan when it's all over:

Touma: It's finally over Gremlin wont bother us anymore and we can live a peaceful life ... what were we doing in school ten million years ago or so...?

Othinus: It isn't over... Gremlin had one last card to play to raise hell in Japan... A weapon of unequalled destruction!!

Touma: What!?? we have to do something where is it!!?? It isn't too late!!!

Othinus: It is too late ... </clicks on youtube link>

Touma: .... My yoooouuuttthhhhh!!!!

</World War 4 breaks out in Touma's Harem> .... World End....

Meanwhile in Tokiwadai:

Mikoto: Finally, back home, that was pretty taxing, at least that idiot is back to his normal self, I wonder what I missed?

Misaki: Miko-chiiiin, there you are I've been looking for you☆.

Mikoto: ugh, Shoukoho Misaki what do you want? I'm tired and I don't have time for your games.

Misaki: oh you're tired? What were you doing, where you meeting a certain spiky headed boy somewhere far away from AC?☆

Mikoto: Wha...? How did you... of course you're Mental Out, look whatever I do and with whoever I do it, is none of your business, now if you excuse me I have to go a get some rest.

Misaki: ... I guess you don't know, huh?☆

Mikoto: know what?

Misaki: Well it's none of my business to mention it is it.☆

Mikoto: Look, I already told you to drop the games, do if you know something tell me or leave me alone.

Misaki: ... well you are going to find out sooner or later, but instead of telling you how about I show you.☆

Misaki the pulls out her cellphone and accesses a certain video uploading site and plays a certain recording.

As the recording starts Misaka Mikoto sees and recognizes the two on camera, one is a certain spiky headed boy amd the other is herself, as it plays she starts remembering the moment in wuestion and proceeds to blush and starts emitting sparks fron her bangs.

Mikoto: Wh... What... WHAT'S THE MEANING OF THIS? H.. how... how can this be, where did this come from?

Then she remembered a certain detail about that day that could make this possible.

Misaki: Miko-chin, how bold of you running away to far away places with that boy, I know see you in a new light.☆

Mikoto: ..........................

Just then from behind them a loud screech could be heard.

Kuroko: ONE-SAMAAAAAAAAA, WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS? What are you doing in a video recording in Hawaii with that monkey? Please tell me it's a lie, please tell me this is just a sick joke that is being played, do it and I'll hunt down the one's reponsible for this farce, I'll add that monkey to the list too if you want, just say the word, one-sama?

Mikoto: ..................................

Kuroko: .................................

Misaki: Well, things are now a lot more interesting.☆

Sorry for off-topic couldn't resist.
Old 2014-05-20, 02:41   Link #3467
whitecloud

So it basically become ore ga heroine index version..., and of course if you want scandal you need to upload not just the hawaii, but also the hug in denmark too...
Old 2014-05-20, 02:45   Link #3468
Sacredus

Quote:
Originally Posted by The One Above God View Post
what if, after all of this ends, something like this happens:

*Kamijou Touma enters bathroom*
*Fairy Othinus is taking a bath*
Othinus: Kyaaaaah! Ecchi!
Touma: Don't "Kyah! Ecchi" me! I can't even see anything when you're in that form!
Othinus: I can't help it. It would save more water if I'm in this form. Shouldn't you be a little thankful to me?
Touma: I appreciate your effort to save water and my pocket, but it isn't really any different from a normal bath since you're still using the exact amount of water or more! Oh, and if you're going to "Kyah! Ecchi" me, shouldn't you be in a bigger form so that I can actually see something and that your accusation will be more legit?
Othinus: Oh, you mean like this? *somehow transforms into adult form* Touma, I didn't know you were longing for this body. You should have just said so and I would walk around your room like this.
Touma: Gbhhh?! Wha-what are you doing?! I didn't even tell you to transform now! And you can transform?! Why didn't you tell me that before?! And what are you talking about walking around here like that?! What if Index sees you? Do you know what she would do to me?!
*Index walks in the room and does her usual routine with Touma*
Touma punch Index in face, kick her out from house and with evil smile on face get back to bathroom... Rest of story is NSFW :P
Spoiler:

Five more chapters and I will be able start to read this volume....
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-20, 02:48   Link #3469
moridin84
Custom User Title

Funny thing is, Misaka does not seem to have realized that the 'blonde girl' is Othinus.

Quote:

What thing?
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-20, 02:57   Link #3470
Flere821
Lurker

I'm kinda confused with Ch16... wasn't Touma's driving goal "I want to let Othinus have a fair trial, instead of the world forcing their will onto her and forcing one girl to die for everyone's sake"? With all that stuff about "regretting the loss of the 'perfect world'" already kicked out of him by Will earlier? Ch16 reads like a leftover from a previous draft that didn't get edited before publication

While I dislike having a Mikoto fight shoehorned into the plot, I did like the humour though Mikoto, you'd only win after Touma stops taking you seriously. This is kinda like how he faked being KO'd after he saw you nearly in tears when you two fought at the riverbanks months ago
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-20, 03:14   Link #3471
LazyHunter

Well, that was dissapointing. I expected a lot better from Kamachi,Touma and Mikoto than this, that's for sure.

The first part of the battle is fine, nothing too big to complain about that, except Mikoto could have been a little more of a threat (then again Touma at this point shouldn't have a lot troubles with her)and she complains of him defending himself as being unreasonable when she's the one forcing him to fight her and threatening with robots but when the fight was over and a scene with the two talking should have began Touma starts randomnly angsting for no reason and Mikoto obviously calls him the idiot he's currently being and shocks him unconscious.

Problems with this second part is that we already saw Touma decide to be selfish for one time in his life and he showed no problems with this until he had Mikoto cornered and she 'needed' to win. Her win deserved to be written a lot better than this.

Mikoto talking about the Omega world feels a bit hollow because she doesn't have a clue what went down on NT 9 (for example how Touma was mentally and emotionally almost broken because all the previous worlds before he arrived at the Omega World) unlike Will, something the text points out and it's really unavoidable; but then this is a rehash of the Will pep-talk that seems forced to give Mikoto a great scene talking down to Touma. And instead of defending himself from her attacks Touma just stands there angsting about something he already got over in the previous novel.

Now before anybody complains; I LIKE MIKOTO, she's one of my favorite characters in Raildex and didn't want her to fuck-up in her big scene on this novel as I already said after the previous chapter got translated. But IN MY OPINION she deserved a scene a lot better than this one. The second part felt ridiculously forced in order to have a Mikoto speech to Touma. We had already this scene with Will getting over the same problem. For me it ruins what it could have been a big emotional scene into another hissy fit from Mikoto, who by the way needs to learn that beating down someone who isn't defending himself isn't cool. Really wasn't expecting that, especially after what happened the last time she did that.

The problem it's not Touma losing, that's never been a problem for me in previous ocasions and it even can be welcomed since it shows people he's not invincible and that he has limits. The problem is the speech was unnecesary because Touma had already learnt that same lesson. When Thor had his first fist fight with Touma berating him for being a coward and not going to save Fraulein it was appropiate because we had seen Touma betrayed and failing to save people in previous novels, so he having problems to trust the usual 'magician comes in asking for help' especially when he's a member of Gremlin was perfectly logical and he hadn't dealt with those trust issues. But Touma forgets his driving goal in this novel (that he has repeated to every single one of his opponents and the Othinus each time with more convinction than the previous one) and starts angsting when he's already won instead of calmly explaining what the hell is going on and what he's doing to Mikoto like he has so to othe characters.

Again, that's just my opinion.

Gotta add shocked to unconciousness and having face savagely punched on the list. And another fight Mikoto goes without getting a scratch but she gets to beat down a defenseless Touma. Why can't he treat her like her other characters? Is he so afraid of the cult? I like her and I wouldn't mind her getting damaged like every other character in the novel. Now that I think about it this might be even worse than the shoehorned rehashed speech since this one has been going on since the Sisters arc.

ED: Proof the speech was unnecesary as Touma had already learnt this lesson:
Spoiler for Chapter 11:

Spoiler for Chapter 16 Mikoto speech:

He's already was proud of his own imperfect world before this chapter.

Last edited by LazyHunter; 2014-05-20 at 03:26.
LazyHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-20, 03:31   Link #3472
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
I'm kinda confused with Ch16... wasn't Touma's driving goal "I want to let Othinus have a fair trial, instead of the world forcing their will onto her and forcing one girl to die for everyone's sake"? With all that stuff about "regretting the loss of the 'perfect world'" already kicked out of him by Will earlier? Ch16 reads like a leftover from a previous draft that didn't get edited before publication

While I dislike having a Mikoto fight shoehorned into the plot, I did like the humour though Mikoto, you'd only win after Touma stops taking you seriously. This is kinda like how he faked being KO'd after he saw you nearly in tears when you two fought at the riverbanks months ago
*Sigh* He is not helping Othinus for her, he was doing it to repent for a crime he thought had committed and he was doing it because that is what he does, find the best solution to a problem but, he has been wavering all this time because of the choice he made when he fought Othinus. He saw himself responsible for the destruction of whay he perceived as "The perfect world".

What Will did was clarify to him that there was more than one choice in how the world should be and that he should be more selfish when making the choice because in his heart he knew which world he truly wanted to be in.

What Mikoto did here was snap him out of his self inflicted guilt, she continued where Will left off. Think of this as a Reverse Bridge Scene from Sister's arc, she did for him exactly the same thing he did for her in that arc but in her own way and I'm glad she did, she was the only one who could have pulled this off, no doubt about it. Also she may not have understood whay he went through in the other worlds but, she understands how he was feeling carrying that guilt, so yes she understood him in her own way and might I say in a more deeper level than others have.
Old 2014-05-20, 03:52   Link #3473
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

If you invalid a person's opinion because they didn't go through the same thing as you, then you're going to end up with a very limited circle. I would say Will represents Kamijou's collective moral conscience that is impossible for normal characters, but Mikoto represents that group of people who knows him personally but is limited from a human perspective.

I's an outsider's perspective I suppose but there's nothing wrong with that because really, most people are never going to fully understand one another- are you simply going to just block them all out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyHunter View Post
ED: Proof the speech was unnecesary as Touma had already learnt this lesson:
Spoiler for Chapter 11:

Spoiler for Chapter 16 Mikoto speech:

He's already was proud of his own imperfect world before this chapter.
Eh quite frankly I see this as Kamijou's own version of Accelerator's guilt, in the sense that it's something that he can never fully shrug off.

Hell, Accelerator had to go through the same thing three times over and he's still feeling guilty.
Old 2014-05-20, 03:52   Link #3474
ernest_00

Yes Chosen Hero is right, or at least that is how I understan chapter 16.
But by the coments in this treat, some people got this chapter like a rehash of the talk between
Touma and the Will.
ernest_00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-20, 04:05   Link #3475
LazyHunter

Quote:
Eh quite frankly I see this as Kamijou's own version of Accelerator's guilt, in the sense that it's something that he can never fully shrug off.

Hell, Accelerator had to go through the same thing three times over and he's still feeling guilty.
That would be fine if we had gotten an indicator that Touma still carried guilt from the Omega World before this chapter, no, before his random angst rant. But in the end of NT9 he reafirmed his decisions to go back to his imperfect world and like I said in all the chaptes until there wasn't anything that showed otherwise. It was the opposite, Touma was obviously firm in his decision and happier tha he has been in god knows how much time until he had Mikoto cornered.

It would have been fine if instead of springing out of nowhere we had gotten hints that Touma's guilt of destroying the Omega World remained or that he was still doubting it was the right choice; like we see with Accelerator and his villain complex and his guilt of killing the Sisters. Hell, even if he had gotten the guilt when he saw Mikoto again it would have been fine if Kamachi had played out like him having the memories of the Omega World and the resurrected sisters playing in his mind like some sorty of PTSD, but he obviously was perfectly fine until he had the win right in his grasp.
Old 2014-05-20, 04:11   Link #3476
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyHunter View Post
That would be fine if we had gotten an indicator that Touma still carried guilt from the Omega World before this chapter, no, before his random angst rant. But in the end of NT9 he reafirmed his decisions to go back to his imperfect world and like I said in all the chaptes until there wasn't anything that showed otherwise. It was the opposite, Touma was obviously firm in his decision and happier tha he has been in god knows how much time until he had Mikoto cornered.

It would have been fine if instead of springing out of nowhere we had gotten hints that Touma's guilt of destroying the Omega World remained or that he was still doubting it was the right choice; like we see with Accelerator and his villain complex and his guilt of killing the Sisters. Hell, even if he had gotten the guilt when he saw Mikoto again it would have been fine if Kamachi had played out like him having the memories of the Omega World and the resurrected sisters playing in his mind like some sorty of PTSD, but he obviously was perfectly fine until he had the win right in his grasp.
Isn't this like with Fiamma? We never really saw his guilty over lying to Index until he was confronted by it face-to-face.

I would say Kamijou is better at suppressing his feelings and putting it away than Accelerator (look at what it took for him to break down in the first place) but whenever he has to directly face it again we see that it still eats at him little by little.

And why shouldn't it? Isn't this the long term effects people wanted rather then him shrugging it off after once?
Old 2014-05-20, 04:24   Link #3477
R.LocK
My turn

Quote:
And why shouldn't it? Isn't this the long term effects people wanted rather then him shrugging it off after once?
Simple. People want to complain.
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-20, 04:26   Link #3478
LazyHunter

Quote:
Isn't this like with Fiamma? We never really saw his guilty over lying to Index until he was confronted by it face-to-face.

I would say Kamijou is better at suppressing his feelings and putting it away than Accelerator (look at what it took for him to break down in the first place) but whenever he has to directly face it again we see that it still eats at him little by little.

The difference with lying to Index is that he hadn't dealt with it until Fiamma pointed out unlike how he had already solved his problem with the perfect world after the talk with Will, and I still think it was a crap resolution to a dangling plot thread that I really hoped would be resolved nicely but Touma and Index still haven't had a serious talk about his loss of memories and him lying to her. That and Mikoto's meeting Accelerator again are the only things that I would put on the same level as this chapter second half in the dissapointment department. IMHO a failure of handling that moment doesn't excuse this one.

The long time effects came out of nowhere (since he was fine when he was fighting Mikoto and in the previous chapters) so to me it feels like an asspull to give Mikoto the win. As I said I think that if Kamachi wanted to use Touma's guilt he could have handled it a lot better like he did with him and his talk with Thor or Will; or even how he handles Accelerator's problems. I had hoped that the long term effects would be a little more selfishness and maturity from Touma in how he handles things and if they had to be mental problems they could be ones he hasn't already got over. Until now he was being selfish and a little more mature.
Old 2014-05-20, 04:30   Link #3479
ernest_00

Quote:
That would be fine if we had gotten an indicator that Touma still carried guilt from the Omega World before this chapter
Touma never let go the guilt he feel for destroying the omega world.
Quote:
It was not that he had accepted the Will’s opinion.

He was afraid to accept it.

If he did, he would be letting go of the miraculous situation here.

“But if I returned to the normal world like that, I would be destroyed. As I continually forced a smile in front of everyone who knew nothing, I would eventually be unable to stand it anymore.” “Perhaps /return.”

Once again, the Will did not deny it.

And she continued.

“But that just means you don’t have to hide it /return. Who says returning to the original world means you have to hide the fact that you didn’t save everyone /escape? That’s just you not wanting to disappoint them /return. Isn’t that right /escape?”

Hearing that, Kamijou smiled a bit.

He felt as if the issues at hand were gradually coming into view.

“They’d kill me.”
ernest_00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-20, 04:34   Link #3480
LazyHunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernest_00 View Post
Touma never let go the guilt he feel for destroying the omega world.
That was during the pep talk with Will before he actually did it, it's him talking about why he doesn't want to do it. After he did it he showed nothing but determination that returning to his world was the right choice.

Tags
boss rush, denmark