AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2016-04-01, 08:26   Link #35001
Router25
World Connector. I think

Parts replacement order is exclusive to japan, I think (every manual has one).
And I do not think any retail store would just open up a kit just to sell you a part.
there might be some cheap Japanese surplus with gundam kits on them , but I'm also sure it won't be easy finding what you need.
Last choice would be fixing it yourself before buying a new one.
Old 2016-04-01, 18:29   Link #35002
Skye629

My brother once broke a piece on his MG unicorn and emailed Bandai, they offered to send him a replacement part (surprisingly), however he never followed up on it since things came up so I have no idea how much it would have cost him. No idea if they would do that today either. I believe he contacted their hobby branch/division

Might be worth a shot (we live in the US)
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-21, 21:44   Link #35003
xeviouses

Thinking of customizing a GM Sniper K9 into a melee variant, anybody got alternatives for the backpack?
xeviouses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-22, 05:24   Link #35004
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeviouses View Post
Thinking of customizing a GM Sniper K9 into a melee variant, anybody got alternatives for the backpack?
How heavily are you gonna be modding it?

Are you looking for compatible stuff such as the BF option parts or are you gonna be modding to the point where you make anything work?
Old 2016-04-22, 08:44   Link #35005
xeviouses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
How heavily are you gonna be modding it?

Are you looking for compatible stuff such as the BF option parts or are you gonna be modding to the point where you make anything work?
Option parts compatibility, I tried my hand in full modding once.

It didn't end well for my FAZZ.
Old 2016-04-22, 09:44   Link #35006
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

sigh, if only they didn't cancel the MG Gafran or any of the Vagan suits still in the works, I'm kinda grown attached to their underrated dragon themed oddball designs, a normal 1/100 or RE version is also fine by me.
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-22, 10:14   Link #35007
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:

- I'm currently moddign my HGUC ZZ gundam with the older 1/144 FAZZ armor parts.

I WILL AVENGE YOU, BROTHER!!!!
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-22, 10:55   Link #35008
xeviouses

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
- I'm currently moddign my HGUC ZZ gundam with the older 1/144 FAZZ armor parts.

I WILL AVENGE YOU, BROTHER!!!!
I shall pray for your success!

and hope that your ZZ doesn't end up like my FAZZ.
Old 2016-04-22, 20:51   Link #35009
Skye629

Quote:

The K9/GM Sniper uses a 2 peg attachment one the backpack, so youre gonna have to find a kit with the same style of attaching, or buy one of the BF option part sets that have an adaptor piece that would allow you to attach other packs

Something like the sword impulse pack or sub arms for the back comes to mind for melee options
Old 2016-04-22, 20:53   Link #35010
Skye629

P-Bandai MG Powered GM.....hmmmmm possible Cardigan release in the future? As long as thats not P-Bandai too.........

1/100 Kimaris Trooper coming after the Graze Kai along with an exclusive 1/100 Barbatos that comes with everything
Old 2016-04-22, 21:36   Link #35011
xeviouses

Quote:
The K9/GM Sniper uses a 2 peg attachment one the backpack, so youre gonna have to find a kit with the same style of attaching, or buy one of the BF option part sets that have an adaptor piece that would allow you to attach other packs

Something like the sword impulse pack or sub arms for the back comes to mind for melee options
Sword Impulse sounds good and I'll see if its possible to attach Gusions extra arms or failing that, The Os sub-arms.

Quote:
1/100 Kimaris Trooper coming after the Graze Kai along with an exclusive 1/100 Barbatos that comes with everything
I though 1/100 Barbatos came out already?

Still waiting for 1/100 Graze Ein.
Old 2016-04-23, 00:23   Link #35012
Router25
World Connector. I think

Quote:

an exclusive 1/144 Barbatos that comes with everything
It might be nice if the 1/100 ver comes up, but it seems I'm already contented with form 4.
Old 2016-04-23, 12:15   Link #35013
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
It's not gonna happen because of the different molds but I want a HG Barbatos Form 2.

I'm making one right now but my painting sucks. Would like to have a proper official version.
Old 2016-04-24, 00:34   Link #35014
Tormenk

1/100 Kimaris Trooper tickles my fancy even though I have the HG waiting to be built. 1/100 scale Destroyer lance and centaur hovercraft mode will be awesome.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-24, 02:03   Link #35015
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
It's not gonna happen because of the different molds but I want a HG Barbatos Form 2.

I'm making one right now but my painting sucks. Would like to have a proper official version.
Sorta hard to do....theres so little to change and the shoulders/gauntlet we already have in other kits

Even if they did do it the blue/white on the shoulders will probably just be stickers

EDIT: Wait dont you have some hope that the new P-Bandai HG Barbatos set might have what you want?
Old 2016-04-24, 05:03   Link #35016
xeviouses

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post

Isn't Form 2 the one with Graze shoulder armor? Can't you just use the Schwalbe Graze shoulder?

Sure it has additional thrusters but color should match easily.

EDIT:

Still waiting for the Astaroth kit..
Old 2016-04-24, 06:34   Link #35017
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Schwalbe Graze has a different shoulder armor module fromt he stock Graze, so that's not going to work.
Old 2016-04-24, 06:44   Link #35018
xeviouses

Oh...doesn't have Schwalbe Graze kit

How'd the FAZZ go?
Old 2016-04-25, 01:57   Link #35019
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

on hold at the moment as I'm thinking through how to install the belt feed system for the Large Hyper Mega Cannon (the space between the backpack is too small on the HGUC ZZ) as well as whether I want to edit the backpack Beam Cannons to Sentinel-style FAZZ or keep the old ZZ Beam Cannon/Saber versions. The Double Beam Rifle is also on hold as the HGUC ZZ version is FUGE and a bit too big to just build as-is and attach to the right arm like the FAZZ version..

As much as I'd like to make it into a pure Sentinel FAZZ, I don't have sufficient skill to scratchbuild the FAZZ-type head (it's longer and more detailed than the stock ZZ Gundam head).

Plus, I got sidetracked building some of the Little Armory 1/12 weapon kits---specifically the gun rack.
Old 2016-04-25, 03:12   Link #35020
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Spoiler:

My friend forwarded this to me today but I don't know where it's originally from. I don't know whether it's been shown before but it looks to be an annoucement of a P-Bandai HG 1/144 Gundam Barbatos Complete Collection kit. Release date July with the price still being TBD if I'm reading it correctly.

Quote:
Isn't Form 2 the one with Graze shoulder armor? Can't you just use the Schwalbe Graze shoulder?

Sure it has additional thrusters but color should match easily.

EDIT:

Still waiting for the Astaroth kit..
Well the Form 2/3 also has to be painted white on a specific part of the shoulder, it is apparently quite an important part of the immersion since the blue and white to really emphasizes it's "Gundam-ness". Well at least that's what my heart says anyways.

In any case, I caved to temptation and bought another HG Barbatos Kit and use the shoulders on my Graze kit and painted it blue (I also had to paint all the blue parts from the new HG Barbatos blue, so it matches better). I don't have the time nor the patience to build the thing yet (I loath the building process) but eventually I guess.

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy