Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2016-04-25, 17:26   Link #35021
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
Spoiler:

My friend forwarded this to me today but I don't know where it's originally from. I don't know whether it's been shown before but it looks to be an annoucement of a P-Bandai HG 1/144 Gundam Barbatos Complete Collection kit. Release date July with the price still being TBD if I'm reading it correctly.

Well the Form 2/3 also has to be painted white on a specific part of the shoulder, it is apparently quite an important part of the immersion since the blue and white to really emphasizes it's "Gundam-ness". Well at least that's what my heart says anyways.

In any case, I caved to temptation and bought another HG Barbatos Kit and use the shoulders on my Graze kit and painted it blue (I also had to paint all the blue parts from the new HG Barbatos blue, so it matches better). I don't have the time nor the patience to build the thing yet (I loath the building process) but eventually I guess.
Thats the P-Bandai kit I mentioned earlier

Thankfully though painting the shoulder is not to bad, since the divide between the blue/white is a straight line, easy masking job. Could have been way worse ***CoughNeoZeonSleevesCough***
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-25, 21:22   Link #35022
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Yeah, that line was really really useful. This was my first painting job in many years so it's good to do something simple.
Old 2016-04-26, 00:15   Link #35023
Chibiloli

Yeah, besides the IBO Mobile Workers, anybody know any sets that have 1/144 scale non MS vehicles? I could use some tanks.
Old 2016-04-26, 09:13   Link #35024
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibiloli View Post
Yeah, besides the IBO Mobile Workers, anybody know any sets that have 1/144 scale non MS vehicles? I could use some tanks.
http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/m/10082754

You could try this HG Zaku The Ground War Set. Even comes with 1/144 people though I assume they are unpainted. I'm not sure the paint state of the artilery and tanks either.

I've had this for years but never even opened the box.
Old 2016-04-26, 18:02   Link #35025
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/m/10082754

You could try this HG Zaku The Ground War Set. Even comes with 1/144 people though I assume they are unpainted. I'm not sure the paint state of the artilery and tanks either.

I've had this for years but never even opened the box.
They're all one color out of the box, gotta paint

To add on this the counterpart EF version have the ground gundam and 2 of those hover/recon vehicles used in the 08th MS Team (both sets are from that)

These are also the only HG sets which have tanks/land vehicles that are in scale with 1/144

And if you want ground troops/personnel the only other set Im aware of is the K9 from build fighters with some 1/144 zeon soldiers
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-26, 19:32   Link #35026
Knight_SV

i definitely will bought astaroth and barbatos full pack
Knight_SV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-26, 22:06   Link #35027
Chibiloli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
They're all one color out of the box, gotta paint

To add on this the counterpart EF version have the ground gundam and 2 of those hover/recon vehicles used in the 08th MS Team (both sets are from that)

These are also the only HG sets which have tanks/land vehicles that are in scale with 1/144

And if you want ground troops/personnel the only other set Im aware of is the K9 from build fighters with some 1/144 zeon soldiers
I'm familiar with the ground war sets, but besides those, know any others? I don't want WW2 tank models and I could have sworn there was a 1/144 skygrasper and gunbarrel.
Old 2016-04-26, 22:23   Link #35028
xeviouses

Quote:
I'm familiar with the ground war sets, but besides those, know any others? I don't want WW2 tank models and I could have sworn there was a 1/144 skygrasper and gunbarrel.
The Skygrasper is an RG model if your okay with that. Also the EX model kits.

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10047723
xeviouses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-27, 14:12   Link #35029
darkone45

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1500/...baf2d88b_z.jpg Box art for Gundam Astaroth is pretty sick but was their a reason why the animate the main characters face ? Still plan on buying it tho.
darkone45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-01, 05:49   Link #35030
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

PERFECT REAL GRADE 1/1Bandai exclusive Model/cosplay
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-07, 10:21   Link #35031
Chibiloli

Anybody got any pictures of this fully assembled next to a regular sized HG? Like is it any shorter than say, a UC or IBO MS? http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/m/10012725
Old 2016-05-07, 11:20   Link #35032
xeviouses

Quote:
Anybody got any pictures of this fully assembled next to a regular sized HG? Like is it any shorter than say, a UC or IBO MS? http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/m/10012725
Most IBO MS tend to be slightly taller, due to their lanky look.

Used to have that Tallgeese but I can't remember which shelf it got lost to, so no pictures for now, sorry.

It's about the same size as the Wing Zero Honoo standing straight.
Old 2016-05-07, 21:18   Link #35033
Jestersage

Something a bit offtopic: If GBF is real, would you use RG or HGIBO for a build?
Jestersage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-08, 02:59   Link #35034
Chibiloli

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeviouses View Post
Most IBO MS tend to be slightly taller, due to their lanky look.

Used to have that Tallgeese but I can't remember which shelf it got lost to, so no pictures for now, sorry.

It's about the same size as the Wing Zero Honoo standing straight.
Is it possible to put Wing Zero's wings on it as well? Trying to make a tallgeese valkyrie of sorts.
Old 2016-05-08, 05:56   Link #35035
xeviouses

Quote:
Is it possible to put Wing Zero's wings on it as well? Trying to make a tallgeese valkyrie of sorts.
Possible, but you will have to modify the back of the Tallgeese the accommodate the Wings. You see, the 1/144's Jetpack attaches on the back of shoulders, attaching the wings there would make for awkward poses and worse the Tallgeese has a rather lousy articulation.

If you're going to mod a Tallgeese may I suggest using 1/100 MG?

You're idea is basically this:
http://www.gundamkitscollection.com/...iii-wings.html
Old 2016-05-08, 09:10   Link #35036
Chibiloli

Quote:
Possible, but you will have to modify the back of the Tallgeese the accommodate the Wings. You see, the 1/144's Jetpack attaches on the back of shoulders, attaching the wings there would make for awkward poses and worse the Tallgeese has a rather lousy articulation.

If you're going to mod a Tallgeese may I suggest using 1/100 MG?

You're idea is basically this:
http://www.gundamkitscollection.com/...iii-wings.html
Oh, I see, and looking at an actual tallgeese with wings, it looks baduy, I just want a Tallgeese 1 with beam cannon and round shield, like the one in GBF.
Old 2016-05-08, 10:01   Link #35037
xeviouses

Quote:
Oh, I see, and looking at an actual tallgeese with wings, it looks baduy, I just want a Tallgeese 1 with beam cannon and round shield, like the one in GBF.
Well the HG Tallgeese kit contains the parts to all three versions of Tallgeese, you just swap the head, the shield and the dober gun. GBF Tallgeese Valkyrie is just repainted green with the Dober gun replaced by the Mega Cannon.

Remember your EZ-SR? Basically that.

Its also not that baduy, medyo ok naman.
Old 2016-05-08, 10:33   Link #35038
Chibiloli

Quote:
Well the HG Tallgeese kit contains the parts to all three versions of Tallgeese, you just swap the head, the shield and the dober gun. GBF Tallgeese Valkyrie is just repainted green with the Dober gun replaced by the Mega Cannon.

Remember your EZ-SR? Basically that.

Its also not that baduy, medyo ok naman.
Ah, okay then, I saw this article on gundam guy for the Tallgeese Valkyrie and it looks like I need other sets: http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2014/0...build.html?m=1

The legs of the valkyrie look taller.
Old 2016-05-08, 11:12   Link #35039
xeviouses

Quote:
Ah, okay then, I saw this article on gundam guy for the Tallgeese Valkyrie and it looks like I need other sets: http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2014/0...build.html?m=1

The legs of the valkyrie look taller.
The legs were modified to be taller,bigger and better articulation along with the arms.
Old 2016-05-08, 12:38   Link #35040
Mech42ace
Proffesional Board Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jestersage View Post
Something a bit offtopic: If GBF is real, would you use RG or HGIBO for a build?
Despite loosing articulation, I'd go with a HG, RG kits are too expensive to thrash around in combat.

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy