AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2012-01-21, 07:33   Link #35621
novalysis

The Third Life: The First Night in Tristian II - Reveille

I've just completed the next section of the ZnT Nanoha-verse Crossover, the Third Life.

The Third Life Reincarnating Portals: Part I
Reincarnating Portals Part II

The First Night in Tristian I

As always, reviews and comments are greatly appreciated.

Spoiler for The Third Life: The First Night in Tristian: II Experimental Heights:

One of the main things that I'm currently thinking through about this fic is how the ZnT verse magic system, especially void fit into the Nanoha-verse system. I also have a specific theory on the Nanoha-verse magic system that I intend to use in this fic, modeled after a rough understanding of Sub-atomic and atomic physics, where-in mana is a Force Carrier, and the Elements (and indeed, all spell structures and types) are determined "Variables", in the same relation as the old Classical Elements and Atomic physics.

Suffice to say, I have plans for the lectures Arf is going to sit with Louise in. Is a Snarky Arf OOC?

Last edited by novalysis; 2012-01-21 at 11:31.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 11:10   Link #35622
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Snarky Arf isn't too OOC, I think.

She's a lot older here, who knows what kind of brats Fate and Nanoha have adopted (or had, if you wanna make mystery partners for them) over the years...

Not to mention Erio and Lutecia's children...

Anyway, onto the grammar problems I saw...

Spoiler for Corrections:

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 11:40   Link #35623
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
Snarky Arf isn't too OOC, I think.

She's a lot older here, who knows what kind of brats Fate and Nanoha have adopted (or had, if you wanna make mystery partners for them) over the years...

Not to mention Erio and Lutecia's children...

Anyway, onto the grammar problems I saw...

Spoiler for Corrections:
Wow.

Thank for spotting the various grammatical errors and typos in my post. There were some that got me laughing- that was how silly those errors were.

Thanks again

Well, Arf has raised children from three entire families- Chrono's children, Erio's Children, the various people Fate or Nanoha adopted over the years, Chrono's grandchildren.... and even helped in raising Yuuno's children. When it comes to teaching a mage up to Nanoha A's Fate's level of capability, Arf has few peers in TSAB space.

Needless to say though, one thing that I hope to bring through successfully is Arf's astonishment at just how late ZnT mages really develop. Given the fact that she has been surrounded all her life by magical prodigies, Louise is the oldest she will ever teach basic magics too. And since she's more accustomed delivering those lessons to toddlers, not a hormonal 16 years old with a desperate need to establish her authority and severe confidence issues, she's entering Terra incognita here....

A much older Arf cannot abide academic stupidity or basic misconceptions on magic. She's spent too much time among academics who despise such foolishness, after all.

And I use - to denote suddenness, and .... to denote a gradual trailing off.
Old 2012-01-21, 12:16   Link #35624
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

For suddenness, you're better off using "--" instead of " - ". On top of that, there should be no spaces. So "My name is Arf, and you are - " should look instead like:

"My name is Arf, and you are--?"
Old 2012-01-21, 17:33   Link #35625
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

StrikerS 1-60

StrikerS 61

StrikerS 62

StrikerS 63

StrikerS 64

Spoiler for Blood That Flows - StrikerS 65:

Old 2012-01-21, 19:01   Link #35626
mega1987
GregOS Offline

Quote:
StrikerS 1-60

StrikerS 61

StrikerS 62

StrikerS 63

StrikerS 64

Me: Wow.... Looks like one of the Unsion Device will live...

Amelia: 2 Super Inazuma Kick from Nove and Quint and a Meteor Barret from Ginga.... anything get caught in it will definitely get crushed by the crash....

Val: And from their attack pattern, it's similar to the Mirage Stomp by Marino(from Megaman X: Command Mission). Of course, instead of 2 clones/mirages joining for a triple stomp, it's 2 daughters and their mother and one of the kids used a Meteor Barret instead.

Odin: Next battlefield!
SRW beats all foes.
JAM Project pwns all!!!

And I can't still make fanfic without restarting from the start when new ideas comes in...
mega1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 20:18   Link #35627
Filraen
Big Damn Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
I've just completed the next section of the ZnT Nanoha-verse Crossover, the Third Life.

The Third Life Reincarnating Portals: Part I
Reincarnating Portals Part II

The First Night in Tristian I

As always, reviews and comments are greatly appreciated.

Spoiler for The Third Life: The First Night in Tristian: II Experimental Heights:

One of the main things that I'm currently thinking through about this fic is how the ZnT verse magic system, especially void fit into the Nanoha-verse system. I also have a specific theory on the Nanoha-verse magic system that I intend to use in this fic, modeled after a rough understanding of Sub-atomic and atomic physics, where-in mana is a Force Carrier, and the Elements (and indeed, all spell structures and types) are determined "Variables", in the same relation as the old Classical Elements and Atomic physics.

Suffice to say, I have plans for the lectures Arf is going to sit with Louise in. Is a Snarky Arf OOC?
Arf having trouble with using Louise's magic? (As you didn't go the "Mid-style magic uses mana as power source" route) However that means Louise can use her magic to cast Mid-style spells.

I like snarky but you already had some scenes with Arf so up to certain point you already established the differences with her canon character. Maybe Arf gets snarkier when she's stressed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
There's a huge power jump from the first ZnT battle (against Guiche) and the second (against Folquet of the Crumbling Earth). That being said, I have quite a few chapter plans bouncing around, and in some of my plotting, I've considered not just wrecking one of the early Stations of the Canon, but also hitting it with a Starlight Breaker for good measure, early on.
On the power jump...well, Arf may nor be powerful per se and has the limitation of using Loise's magic to survive but she's skilled, and

As things are now I don't see the reason of going to buy an sword, given Arf's skill for unarmed combat in canon and having her device as her weapon (though it looks like it's going to be a trump card of sorts, or at least that looks like it will be Arf's plan until it's completely demolished --the plan)

Quote:
Well, that is some sort of reunion.

And when Nove snaps she repeats "ever" without much time between repetitions (though she gets a pass because she wasn't in the best of mental states, with being totally enraged and all)
Filraen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 00:06   Link #35628
yuiseppe
Cute things, sharp teeth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shigan View Post
*Dramatic drumroll of yay!*

I have returned! From the dark land of paperwork, deadlines and meetings with obnoxious clients! My visits may be brief! My limbs may be aching with exhaustion! Alas, my heart and quest stays true!

Grit! Humour! Hotness! Swords shall clash and shields shall shatter! Shigan shall prevail the life of a dating careerist-girl and she shall write! And thus, she brings you another part of the rolling crack-o-verse of Hayate and Vivio goodness!

This is very much inspired by Yuiseppe's all to steaming, challenged by me, jailbait art. If curious, you should ask her. I refuse to melt more brains than deathcurse's and my own.

*looks at the queen of tragedy*

Ante up my lady, ante up! Now enough of my insanity and more of the love we all share, let me tell you a story...

The Hayate x Vivio Files Chronology:
Spoiler for Hayate x Vivio Files Chronology:

Set between Prerogative of the Brave and The Things We Tame. A conversation I imagined Vivio and Hayate ought to have had at some point of the relationship . And there might be some sexual frustration here, like, a starlight breaker full of it.

Burdens of Rank

By Shigan

Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other but in looking outward in the same direction.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Spoiler for Burdens of Rank:

Spoiler for Author's Notes:
WOOHOOO~~

I kind of liked Cayman (but somewhere in my mind I kept hearing a little voice that shouted "tax haven!" every time his name popped up). I can see why Vivio got a little grumpy when Hayate decided to call him by his first name. Vivio would probably have picked up on the fact that first-name basis is kind of a bigger deal in Japanese culture than other cultures.

Belkan harems? *SNIRK* Imagine all the jokes and teasing Vivio must live through... (and yes, write that spin-off!!)

Re: getting busted - I think both would suffer some sort of backlash if their relationship did get out. People talk and politics is rife in any sort of government. I can see it going down in flames :P

And finally, yes, that was hot I loved the sway of dynamics from tease to being teased then back again. hehehehe poor Hayate... but she really did set herself up for that one ;D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moczo View Post
Oh, hey, the FFT does still exist! That's nice.

Anyway, time for my semi-annual updating of Infinity, before I flee and hide again! There you go. It's a bit shorter than usual, but it is at least an update. More than I've felt like doing in ages.

*Flees and hides*
*cries tears of joy*
Absolutely loved the last line XD
Old 2012-01-22, 01:32   Link #35629
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

StrikerS 1-65

Spoiler for Blood That Flows - StrikerS 66:

Spoiler for Comment:

Old 2012-01-22, 01:49   Link #35630
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

*fades out of the shadows*

Just when you thought you were rid of me...

Spoiler for Battle Fantasia Chapter 4:

Had to trim the last scene off the end to meet the character limits. Complete fic found here as usual. Latest discussion thread found here, also as usual. For any interested in contributing to the project, backlog breakers are not required for participation and discussion.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Comartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 01:50   Link #35631
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Location: Place of rocks and trees, and trees and rocks...and water.
Quote:
What makes you sure this is not my intention? I did drop the High Marshal plotbunny in TTWT for a reason.
You know I have ideas for it already. And now I'm getting more ideas, and they'll probably all lead to Bad Ends!

Quote:
Ah, dc, I trust you will be the one to update the Chronology as usual?
Already added .

Quote:

Anyway, time for my semi-annual updating of Infinity, before I flee and hide again! There you go. It's a bit shorter than usual, but it is at least an update. More than I've felt like doing in ages.

*Flees and hides*
With less than 100 words, you have now won me over to being a Miyuki x Ammy shipper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuiseppe View Post
I can see why Vivio got a little grumpy when Hayate decided to call him by his first name. Vivio would probably have picked up on the fact that first-name basis is kind of a bigger deal in Japanese culture than other cultures.
.......I totally missed that . You're right! Vivio would definitely realize that Hayate had just admitted to caring more for Cayman than normal between two officers .
deathcurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 02:15   Link #35632
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
So Altered Course doesn't seem terribly popular at the moment. :k I won't stop writing on it, but I think I should at least attempt to complete something else that I've been putting off for a while first. Something I think everyone else has been waiting on.

So with any luck, the next installment I post will be chapter 1 of The State of Affairs.
It's something I've seen come up before... If it's not particularly outstanding or horrid, but just meh, it doesn't draw much attention.

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
WarpObscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 02:17   Link #35633
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Yeah I can see why it'd be meh at the moment. The real fun stuff hasn't started. But my post was just to say I was aiming to get State updated, since at the moment that's my most popular fic.
Old 2012-01-22, 02:48   Link #35634
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcurse View Post
With less than 100 words, you have now won me over to being a Miyuki x Ammy shipper!
Ammy is not a one-woman woman, remember.

"Sometimes there will be other women. Or men. Or both at the same time."

As for Altered Course, I can't tell Scryed apart from Technoxlynze, except that I've never watched either and I'm pretty sure I never will. Kind of like how I'm not going to watch Elfen Lied or Madoka.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 03:06   Link #35635
mega1987
GregOS Offline

Quote:
StrikerS 1-65

Spoiler for Comment:
Me: Is it me or Yuuno just bagged another girl into his so-called Harem?

Val: I think we need to reprogram Thoth... Before he turn the poor guy into a certified pervert...

Odin: Onwards to the next battlefield!

Me: And I was hoping for Miyuki to save Yuuno's ass back there... XD
SRW beats all foes.
JAM Project pwns all!!!

And I can't still make fanfic without restarting from the start when new ideas comes in...
mega1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 04:31   Link #35636
Shigan
Forever a Journey

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuiseppe View Post
I kind of liked Cayman (but somewhere in my mind I kept hearing a little voice that shouted "tax haven!" every time his name popped up). I can see why Vivio got a little grumpy when Hayate decided to call him by his first name. Vivio would probably have picked up on the fact that first-name basis is kind of a bigger deal in Japanese culture than other cultures.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcurse View Post
.......I totally missed that . You're right! Vivio would definitely realize that Hayate had just admitted to caring more for Cayman than normal between two officers .
Ahhahahaa, I didn't consider the Cayman isles connection xD. Jason Cayman is named after the Porsche Cayman, which is a sexy sexy car.

And yes, kudos to Yui for picking that up . Hayate do like the admiral, both as an individual and professionally as a fellow command officer, and perhaps even as a personal friend. He is a friend enough and like him enough for her to take up the first-name basis thing, and I don't think Hayate needs to justify this to Vivio in any way. She has her own life and net of contacts outside the family sphere, I say we let her have it.

And yep, Hayate set herself up for that one. Who said that only teenagers could be sexually frustrated? The poor woman.
Never stop being a kid. Never stop feeling and seeing and being excited with great things like air and engines and sounds of sunlight within you. Wear your little mask if you must to protect you from the world but if you let that kid disappear you are grown up and you are dead.
— Richard Bach

Shigan's Fanfiction Masterlist -- The Hayate x Vivio Files
Shigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 04:34   Link #35637
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filraen View Post

On the power jump...well, Arf may nor be powerful per se and has the limitation of using Loise's magic to survive but she's skilled, and

As things are now I don't see the reason of going to buy an sword, given Arf's skill for unarmed combat in canon and having her device as her weapon (though it looks like it's going to be a trump card of sorts, or at least that looks like it will be Arf's plan until it's completely demolished --the plan)
Well, there's no actual reason for Arf to get Derflinger. Arf is taking a form of a small girl, and not a full grown women after all here.

However, there will certainly be a good reason for Louise and Arf to go to town..... so, we'll see.

Spoiler for Future Plans:

On Arf using Louise's magic: it's not so much limitation, but adaptation here. Which will take time.

And though the device is functioning well in it's active state.... hmm Arf hasn't invoked it's other forms yet, hasn't she?

Arf's power corresponds to Louise's power. Since Louise is frighteningly strong in this fic, even by Mid-Childan standards, Arf is by no means that "weak" potential wise. She will be skilled in some ways (tactical experience and such), but might be hindered in a-lot of other ways (skill in maintaining and casting spells).

Practically speaking, her initial skill set would be quite limited. She can't fly effectively for one, and there's no way she'll be daring to try teleportation anytime soon. But eventually?

Given a few months of study......
Old 2012-01-22, 07:14   Link #35638
Filraen
Big Damn Lurker

Quote:
StrikerS 1-65

Spoiler for Comment:
At least this is evidence Yuuno is being influenced too much by Nanoha

I want to believe even Thoth can understand the tactical disadvantages of being distracted in that fight.
Filraen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 07:32   Link #35639
Lycodrake

Quote:

Spoiler for Comment:
...I was hoping for Yuuno and Otto to interact further, but you already know that. :P
Looks wonderful, and it's certainly different seeing Yuuno use those types of spells and attacks. An very nice difference, IMHO.

Last edited by Lycodrake; 2012-01-22 at 09:50.
Lycodrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 14:41   Link #35640
SNobleJr
\m/,

Quote:

Anyway, time for my semi-annual updating of Infinity, before I flee and hide again! There you go. It's a bit shorter than usual, but it is at least an update. More than I've felt like doing in ages. :heh:

*Flees and hides*
I've generally been a bit too busy lately to be active here, but for Infinity, I'll make an exception.

To be honest, there's not much else to note other than Amaterasu having jumped several levels in awesomeness by (at least temporarily) ditching the psycho attitude and deciding to do the right thing for once. And doing it with style, no less.

(On a related note, I'd belatedly like to mention that her boast at the end of the previous chapter was easily one of the most badass lines I've ever read. Great "F*** yeah!" moment, that one was.)

Also, gotta agree with yuiseppe, the last line was absolutely priceless.

One last thing, and I'm a bit hesitant to ask this, because I might be grasping at straws here... did I really happen to catch a BattleTech reference in there, or am I just seeing things that aren't there out of fanboyism?

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha