AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-06-09, 12:08   Link #3561
foxbox360
New Age Badass

what a twist, given the studio collab it was expected to turn out this way.
Old 2018-06-09, 12:08   Link #3562
Jord
Banned

This episode has strong TTGL vibes, the scope of the whole situation was so huge that nobody saw this coming.

The Klaxos were allies all the time, the Klaxo-hime was trying to defend this planet all the time while VIRM used the humans for their own benefit, now is clear why Hime hates humanity. Zero Two is the one that's going to be the sacrifice to save the world it seems, after all Hime can't do anything right now.
Jord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-09, 12:10   Link #3563
G0rd0

so many death flags everywhere im scared
G0rd0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-09, 12:11   Link #3564
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2018-06-09 at 18:53. Reason: [images] tag or thumbnails...
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-09, 12:12   Link #3565
wissenschaft

OMG.............where do I even begin. I need some time to collect my thoughts. This was less Code Geass and more like Kill la Kill with the sudden jump in the threat scale.

This ep just confirms I need this show in SRW. It would fit right in with the crazy mishmash of over the top storylines in those games. (Sorry, just got SRW X so the game is on my mind)

Ha, I was right. There was something fishy about APE and that their key members were aliens. I just couldn't guess the type but then who could? lol

Man, Nearly on Red is going to lose his mind with episode. In before he puts out a 2 hour video for this one episode. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurial View Post
Damn Kokoro is pregnant already lol wtf didnt they just had sex like a few days ago? XD
Actually it was mentioned in EP 18 that they were made to wait for weeks before Kokoro and Misuru returned. So it could be a month or more after they had sex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G0rd0 View Post
so many death flags everywhere im scared
Thats why I nickname this show Deathflags in Franxx. The show can't go an epsiode with some death flags. lol

Edit: Reddit is going nuts over this episode. lol

Last edited by wissenschaft; 2018-06-09 at 12:31.
wissenschaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-09, 12:30   Link #3566
Raviel

I have absolutely no idea how to feel about the aliens, I'll have to collect my thoughts on everything.

For the moment though, APE being taken over by aliens is definitely one way to make sense of previous lines thrown out by Papa, the APE council, and the Klaxo Princess.

Humanity never discovered magma energy and immortality on their own, the VIRM just wormed their way into society and "cultivated" the entire human race as a weapon to weaken the Klaxo defenses. It kills two birds/civilizations in one swoop and gives them a way to turn the Klaxosaur's own technology and biology against them.

Whatever went wrong during their first invasion, the VIRM sure as hell learned from it.

tl;dr VIRM playing Humans and Klaxos like a damn fiddle.
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-09, 12:36   Link #3567
wuhugm
Confused Shark

I don't like this [The True Enemy is Them] trope

Grancrest Senki also doing that this season

Feels cheap
Old 2018-06-09, 12:40   Link #3568
wissenschaft

When it turned out that there was not going to be a rebellion against Papa and instead we were getting one final battle against the Klaxosaur princess, I had a feeling a big twist was coming.

And hey, at least now there is no need to fit a rebellion into the last 4 episodes of the show. lol

Also, Zero Two doesn't have any white/grey hair, that was just a light effect. But Hiro certain has some grey.

Reddit: "The answer will always be space if it's Trigger."

Also Reddit: "Lmao this was me during the ep. I was checking sh*t off like:

Shocking reveal/plot twist? Check.
The real enemy is aliens? Check.
Battle goes to space? Check.
MCs separated and one needs to find the other? Check.
It amazes me how often Trigger can essentially inject the same plot points repeatedly into different stories and still make them unique and worth watching."

I think we hit Trigger bingo here. :P

Edit:

Oh yeah. Now we know why APE made humanity immortal but docile and sterile. An easy conquest. Got to domesticate the animals you plan to farm.

Last edited by wissenschaft; 2018-06-09 at 12:51.
Old 2018-06-09, 12:51   Link #3569
RDNexus

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
I don't like this [The True Enemy is Them] trope

Grancrest Senki also doing that this season

Feels cheap
Well, I prefer these kinds of twists over those you're always claiming to want to happen.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-09, 13:06   Link #3570
wissenschaft

Reddit: "I can't believe we're TTGL now.

Virm/Anti-Sprial have purple color schemes. Humanity and Dinos are Red and Blue like Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann"

Ok, maybe its even more like Gurren Lagann than I thought. lol

This show is full of references to Gainax shows.

I do think we shall get a "Earn your happy ending" trope for the final four episodes. If this show was going for a depressing ending we'd have more deaths to help prepare ourselves.
Old 2018-06-09, 13:12   Link #3571
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Kokoro and Mitsuru's plotline is unfolding exactly as predicted. Of course, nobody bothered to check if Kokoro was pregnant, and they're already recovering their memories. I maintain the memory wipe's only purpose was to introduce some cheap drama. Not to mention it's redundant (was already done with Hiro and Zero two, and a 100 times better at that). Okay, it did have one purpose: it made the rest of the squad distrust Papa... which may turn out to have been pointless, depending on how things go next week. If the other parasites are in denial over the recent reveals, which would be understandable, the main characters could take charge and lead them. That would be pretty good.

Incidentally, I thought it was yet another proof APE was incompetent, but the bastards surprised me. The two VIRMs at least know how to get things done. They actually had a back up plan in case Klax hime hijacked the superweapon they were planning to use. Well played there.

Not sure how to feel about the aliens. The rest of the revelations were fine, with most of them having been hinted at earlier (like the Franxx being Klax), but aliens... I don't know. Anyway, feels like the whole mess could have been avoided if Klax Hime had been more friendly and had tried to explain herself like she did in this ep before attacking humans. They wouldn't have believed her at first, but given how powerful she is, she could have easily forcefully exposed the VIRMs who had no means to fight back initially.
Old 2018-06-09, 13:14   Link #3572
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2018-06-09, 13:15   Link #3573
wissenschaft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Incidentally, I thought it was yet another proof APE was incompetent, but the bastards surprised me. The two VIRMs at least know how to get things done. They actually had a back up plan in case Klax hime hijacked the superweapon they were planning to use. Well played there.
Considering they are willing and planning to blow up the Planet, why bother terminating Kokoro's pregnancy? Shes going to die anyway. Though I agree, the mind wipe was for shock value but also for a possible happy ending where they regain their memories and hey, they got a baby on the way.
Old 2018-06-09, 13:21   Link #3574
Sakuratsuki

Yep just as we predicted. They didn't bother to check if Kokoro was pregnant. Them erasing their memories was nothing more than cheap drama.

And what a plot twist! About the death flags some people have. Let's face it, we have been calling death flags for weeks now and to be honest at this point of the story I really think and believe that nobody will die. I just can't see it happening in this series anymore.
Old 2018-06-09, 13:22   Link #3575
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

this is now less Evangelion and more like Final Fantasy 7, minus Sephiroth.
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-09, 13:25   Link #3576
wissenschaft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faux Mecha View Post
this is now less Evangelion and more like Final Fantasy 7, minus Sephiroth.
Actually, wouldn't Papa be in Sephiroth's role? An agent working to prepare the Earth's lifeforce to be devoured by an interstellar parasite.
Old 2018-06-09, 13:29   Link #3577
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by wissenschaft View Post
Considering they are willing and planning to blow up the Planet, why bother terminating Kokoro's pregnancy? Shes going to die anyway. Though I agree, the mind wipe was for shock value but all also for a possible happy ending where they regain their memories and hey, they got a baby on the way.
By this logic, why even bother with the mind wipe? The final battle was only a month away. They would have fought regardless, especially since they wouldn't have had any reason to doubt Papa. Ironically, they can't even fight properly because of the mind wipe.
Old 2018-06-09, 13:35   Link #3578
wissenschaft

Quote:
By this logic, why even bother with the mind wipe? The final battle was only a month away. They would have fought regardless, especially since they wouldn't have had any reason to doubt Papa. Ironically, they can't even fight properly because of the mind wipe.
Yeah, like I said, I agree it was just for shock value. Shock value that worked really well give the reaction to episode 18.

Virm: http://starfox.wikia.com/wiki/Aparoid

“We will answer... We are the ultimate existence... You will not resist us... You will join us!”
—Pigma

Papa wasn't lying. They are going to release humanity from their shells and send them into a higher exestinace.........in the Virm's stomachs. The devil is always in the little details. :P

Reddit: "Deus Ex Aliens."

Yeah, can't really argue with that. lol

This episode:

https://i.imgur.com/nCHWXvw.png

Last edited by wissenschaft; 2018-06-09 at 13:52.
Old 2018-06-09, 13:53   Link #3579
SeaDoor

aaaahhhh...
Did anyone else feel like the big revel in this episode came out of deep left field? Did I just miss clues along the way? What is the motivation here? Ima seriously confused.
SeaDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-09, 13:56   Link #3580
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Yep, felt cheap

Quote:
Maintaining the loyalty and morales of Nines > 1 Franxx