AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2017-12-21, 20:43   Link #3561
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Now that you mention it, yeah, if Merlin was really just a demon, how did she have a good relationship with Elizabeth that far back? Her being half demon, half goddess might be one reason.
Old 2017-12-26, 12:24   Link #3562
Panzercracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random14 View Post
Well, at least Meliodas is being honest about wanting the Demon King's power to break the curse on Elizabeth. And even stranger was Estarossa's dream. Was that actually Meliodas and Elizabeth's first meeting way back when?

Whoever the final boss for this series is (especially with the goddesses back in play), the power ranking gets crazier and crazier, what with Meliodas beating up both Zeldris and Estarossa just like that. Huh, and forgot about that picture. So Zeldoris probably had his own non-demon love (although vampire was probably less scandalous than a goddess, yet she was also a deathseeker by the present), but I'm still curious about what things were like before the war 3,000 years ago. Like Elizabeth and Merlin were pretty close, despite Elizabeth as a goddess "princess" and Merlin's own father being a major demon.

I hope Ban gets back soon, that might be the only way to turn things around at this point, since the Sins aren't doing so well at the moment. Unless the goddesses can bring enough power to block the Commandments, but I don't trust them either. So are Estarossa and Zeldoris heading for Mera or is someone else approaching the Sins now?
I think Estarossa is a lost memory fragment and real body of Meliodas, some how most of memories of Meliodas were slit and materialized into current Meliodas and overwrite everybody memory. More over, the wanted picture of Meliodas at the beginning of series is actually as same as Estarossa instead, and he and the wanted picture appear in Elizabeth's dream at the same field at the end of vol 14 when the Ten Commandments escape from the seal. And now, the meeting appear again in Estarossa's dream.
Panzercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-26, 13:51   Link #3563
DragonOsman
Dragon King

But in the dream, Elizabeth asked Estarossa if he had a fight with his older brother or something like that. If Estarossa is Meliodas' real body, then shouldn't he only be the second oldest after Zeldris? And it also doesn't make sense for Estarossa to have been in a fight against his older brother Meliodas when that's himself. You can't have a fight against yourself. And Estarossa also said before that he admired Meliodas when they were in the Ten Commandments. But yeah, if everyone's memories, including Estarossa's, were overwritten somehow, then that would explain it.
Old 2017-12-26, 16:28   Link #3564
DragoMuseveni
True Dragon

So everything now is in Ban`s hands . Also it seems like Elizabeth is the only one who can keep up with Mel at this point
Old 2017-12-26, 16:47   Link #3565
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I just read the chapter.

Man, so Merlin really is the daughter of the Demon King and the Supreme Goddess? Okay, now I really want to know why those two got in the way of Meliodas and Elizabeth's relationship to that extent. The two hypocrites (unless they have a good reason).

But I don't like what Meliodas said will happen if he became the Demon King. The power of the Demon King is too great, so he won't be able to remain in the current world anymore? Hopefully there really is another way, then.
Old 2017-12-26, 17:08   Link #3566
AP24

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
I just read the chapter.

Man, so Merlin really is the daughter of the Demon King and the Supreme Goddess? Okay, now I really want to know why those two got in the way of Meliodas and Elizabeth's relationship to that extent. The two hypocrites (unless they have a good reason).

But I don't like what Meliodas said will happen if he became the Demon King. The power of the Demon King is too great, so he won't be able to remain in the current world anymore? Hopefully there really is another way, then.
It's probably a mistranslation. It should be more like "The girl who received blessing from the Demon King and the Supreme Goddess". Will have to wait until the next chapter for details.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-26, 17:39   Link #3567
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, that's also possible I guess. But even then, if she received a blessing from both of them, what could that mean?
Old 2017-12-26, 20:27   Link #3568
Panzercracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
But in the dream, Elizabeth asked Estarossa if he had a fight with his older brother or something like that. If Estarossa is Meliodas' real body, then shouldn't he only be the second oldest after Zeldris? And it also doesn't make sense for Estarossa to have been in a fight against his older brother Meliodas when that's himself. You can't have a fight against yourself. And Estarossa also said before that he admired Meliodas when they were in the Ten Commandments. But yeah, if everyone's memories, including Estarossa's, were overwritten somehow, then that would explain it.
maybe the "older brother" is not from demon clan, remember that Elizabeth from goddess clan but can meet him freely if the dream's memory is true, maybe at back there, both clans were living peacefully before the war broke out.
Old 2017-12-26, 22:14   Link #3569
SilverGlavenus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzercracker View Post
I think Estarossa is a lost memory fragment and real body of Meliodas, some how most of memories of Meliodas were slit and materialized into current Meliodas and overwrite everybody memory. More over, the wanted picture of Meliodas at the beginning of series is actually as same as Estarossa instead, and he and the wanted picture appear in Elizabeth's dream at the same field at the end of vol 14 when the Ten Commandments escape from the seal. And now, the meeting appear again in Estarossa's dream.
I agree with your theory. Although, what remains to be seen is how and why Meliodas split into Estarossa and his current self. Also, have u ever wondered that if Meliodas regained his original power by losing his emotions, then where did he get all that emotions in the beginning ??? And why in the world does the Kingdom of Liones have the wanted picture the same as Estarossa, when we already knew what Meliodas looked like all this time ???
SilverGlavenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-27, 09:59   Link #3570
DragonOsman
Dragon King

They said that 3,000 years ago, when Meliodas betrayed the Demon Clan, he also gained emotions. He must've lost a large part of his power at that point as well. The curse placed on him makes it so that each time he dies, he'll lose a part of his emotions when he revives.

I also want to know how or why Meliodas and Estarossa split like that, if they were really the same person originally.
Old 2017-12-27, 10:13   Link #3571
Panzercracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverGlavenus View Post
I agree with your theory. Although, what remains to be seen is how and why Meliodas split into Estarossa and his current self. Also, have u ever wondered that if Meliodas regained his original power by losing his emotions, then where did he get all that emotions in the beginning ??? And why in the world does the Kingdom of Liones have the wanted picture the same as Estarossa, when we already knew what Meliodas looked like all this time ???
I think, Meliodas only can regain his original power by losing his emotion is a curse by Demon King, for making he choice the path of return to be candidate of next Demon King. And he may get all that emotion from the love with Elizabeth, so because those emotion, cause he weak, if he want power to protect Elizabeth, he need toss aside emotions, only rage remain. Thus the will return path of his former self. Also, Estarossa may be the key to open the Meliodas's full memory for us to know what happen.

About the wanted poster, that is a myth of the series. I can't guess the reason yet, maybe the overwrite has some bugs cause people when people try to remember him without him around, they remember his original appearance, while if they see Estarossa, they don't remember who is he but will know Meliodas in current form . Just like how the other Sins except Ban can see King in both shota version and fat guy version as a same people.
Old 2017-12-27, 18:56   Link #3572
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Ban also knows about both of King's forms now, though. He still goes into fat version sometimes even now.

I also think Meliodas got emotions after he met Elizabeth. But that whole thing is still shrouded in mystery, so we need to know more.
Old 2017-12-27, 22:55   Link #3573
XFire
150% done

Dat slap. Mel's face when her hand lit up was hilarious.

"Oh right, she's a goddeBLARGH"
Old 2017-12-28, 07:18   Link #3574
SilverGlavenus

Well well, I kinda hate Merlin now. And Ludoshel, that motherfker is a coward. Hopefully Zeldris defeats him.
SilverGlavenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-28, 10:21   Link #3575
AP24

I would expect something cruel like that from the Demon King but from the Supreme Deity as well? It just further proves that the goddesses are no saint. Then again it was Merlin's fault her village was destroyed.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-28, 10:23   Link #3576
Homura7

Now it becomes clear why Merlin is the sin of gluttony. As in, hunger for overwhelming power.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-28, 10:32   Link #3577
DragonOsman
Dragon King

So Merlin was just born in Belialuin and blessed by both Gods, rather than being their daughter. I see. That makes more sense. So she's got infinite magic power and complete immunity to curses and everything else a demon or goddess could try on her?

What did Ludociel do, though? I didn't quite understand that part.

Edit: One post late.
@Knighto: Yeah, I guess that's true.
Old 2017-12-28, 13:28   Link #3578
marvelB

Eh, I know I'm late and everyone's discussing the spoiler already, but here's a quick summary, anyway:

Spoiler for 249:

Last edited by marvelB; 2017-12-28 at 16:19.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-28, 13:35   Link #3579
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'll wait until we get Merlin's side of the story before judging her. She might have had good reasons to do that.
Old 2017-12-28, 13:47   Link #3580
marvelB

Well, I think it's safe to say that Merlin's father journeyed to Purgatory before Belialuin was destroyed, at least. Still, I wonder if she had already received the DK/SG's blessings at that time....?
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, romance, shounen