AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2012-03-01, 08:28   Link #35881
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

If Sette ever get out of jail, which occupation will she most likely choose: Bureau grunt, mercenary, or maybe something else?
Old 2012-03-01, 13:58   Link #35882
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
If Sette ever get out of jail, which occupation will she most likely choose: Bureau grunt, mercenary, or maybe something else?
Whatever Tre would ask her to do.
Old 2012-03-01, 17:47   Link #35883
Crono_Cross
Time traveler.

First nanoha Fic: Child of Jenova

Okay, Been thinking long and hard about this fic, it's still a little imperfect since I kinda sorta suck at fanfics.

This is the Pilot/Prologue Chapter for my first nanoha fic.

Read before Reading: Title of Story is only a sample,m is open to any suggestions. If it's fine let me know. Also Chapters won't come in that much since it took me a month and a half just to get this part dealt with.

Spoiler for Child of Jenova Chapter 0:

Any Comments and questions are welcome.(just don't ask how these guys are related to Jail anyway)

I'm not hoping for much but I kinda-sorta have the plot figured, just some parts I'm not sure of yet.
Old 2012-03-01, 19:04   Link #35884
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koveras Alvane View Post
Whatever Tre would ask her to do.
Heh, forgot about her. I guess being a Bureau grunt is out of the question then (she's not against it, since she wasn't mad at the N2R, but she won't suggest it either). Aside from being a mercenary, is there any suggestion?
Old 2012-03-01, 21:21   Link #35885
deltago

Does anybody know the FanFiction about Anti-TSAB?
deltago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 21:44   Link #35886
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

Elaborate, please. When you say Anti-TSAB do you mean rebels, an evil counterpart, or...?

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
WarpObscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 22:39   Link #35887
deltago

Oh, sorry. I was meaning to fight against TSAB's corruption and evilish intentions from 'outside' organization who has rightuous goal.
Simply, TSAB [Evil] vs. (---) [Good]
<Please, don't get me wrong. I was not meaning as Anti-Nanoha and others, who I want them to be in the 'good' side or being controlled by TSAB [Evil] innocently.>

Personally, I have some 'doubt' about this TSAB's doings.
[1] I don't see their way to achieve the peace by sending children to the battlefield, while adults are giving them orders from back 'safely'.
[2] Throught out the Nanoha series [Second & Third], every culprit was from TSAB itself. Creating the criminals and, ironically, arresting them.
[3] Their view about magical weapons as 'relatively clean and safe'[while they see Mass Weaponry as 'Evilish' tools that leading the World End]. But what about Nanoha's Blaster System [which could burnden the body], Starlight Breaker [...Too much!!], and Arc-en-ciel [which is similar (maybe dangerous than) as nuclear weaponry].
Also, because of such 'nonsense' idea about this theory, there is 'too'shortage of manpower available for TSAB's combat capability, leading to send the children to the battlefield.
[4] Does TSAB ever think, whose great weapon is 'Magic', its hostile force/enemy force could develop some way to cancelling their 'Magic' completely.
[5] Promoting the (too) young aged to be high-ranking officer.
[6] Non-lethal Mode. Don't get me wrong, I love this Non-lethal Mode...But, I personally, this leading to make every TSAB combatant to be 'naive'. Remember, TSAB is military organization who could face deadly threats. I don't think they have similar determination as regular soldiers in our world, such as the willing to kill the threat and take the burden of it.

...I might think too seriously over 'Anime' unnecessary...but I just want to point out that 'Is TSAB doing what it should be.'
If anybody has 'positive' comments about TSAB, please give to me so I could correct some of my misunderstandings.
@Again, I was expressing my 'negative' expression toward the organization, TSAB, itself. Not Nanoha and others! I like them! <Except Nanoha's reaction toward Teana during the Training Incident.>

Last edited by deltago; 2012-03-01 at 22:59.
Old 2012-03-01, 23:05   Link #35888
Craxuan
Crax
*Author

Lol, okay, I'll try and answer your questions.

1) It is a culture in Mid-Childa; children can choose to work in the military as soon as they're old enough. You must be able to distinguish between our culture and theirs, to them having kids working at the age of 9 is normal. Even a person like Lindy expressed positive will to recruit Nanoha when she saw her potential, not knowing that it's 'abnormal' for people on Earth. And, saying that adults simply gave orders from behind the scene while the kids do hard labor is also wrong; you should know that when you watched StrikerS or Force.

2) That's just introducing reality into the series. When the world does not have an 'ultimate evil' or 'common enemy' to face against, always the evil will spawn from within the good itself. That's just how we humans live and survive. An ideal does not equal reality.

3) Clean as in it won't pollute the environment like the old physical weapons, such as if you use nuclear it'll cause radiation etc. Your examples are all wrong. Blaster System is experimental at that time and not meant to be used in battlefield, but Nanoha take matters to her own hands. Starlight Breaker is a spell she developed herself and is totally independent from TSAB. Arc-en-Ciel are on of the weapons built with the old war still fresh in mind (I believe not even 100 years), and after that it was just technological advancement. Study some of our real history for reference.

4) Not quite sure what you're talking about so I'll just guess-answer. It's like throwing stones as a weapon until you see someone else shooting arrows. Or seeing a new color. It's called the, 'you won't know until you know' phenomenon. =3

5) Again, refer above. Difference in culture.

6) Seriously, I have to facepalm for this question. Naive? Policeman has to shout out warning before shooting. I'd call that stupid since that'll just well, give them warning so they could run, but it was necessary. Non-Lethal Mode was the choice of 'warning' the TSAB adopted to follow through their ideals. They're simply trying to avoid being the guys who 'shoots first, then talk'. That'll be no different than ruling tyrannically with an iron grip.

Unfortunately I don't think you've thought this through seriously enough, but I don't know your age so there's a lot of things you can't fill with your current knowledge and logic. It is a good thing though, since you're asking questions. I'm not exactly praising the TSAB for their good either (All organizations are corrupt in some ways or another), just stating out facts so you'd understand.
Old 2012-03-01, 23:31   Link #35889
deltago

Thank you for your reply and sharing your knowledge and thinking [especially about mentioning the culture, which is critical].

I guess it was not the topic I should to discuss?
<Currently, in the Japanese FanFiction, there are numerous FanFictions about Anti-TSAB, where I was influenced from much>
If anybody got some anger from this post, I want to say sorry to him/her.
Old 2012-03-01, 23:34   Link #35890
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltago View Post
Thank you for your reply and sharing your knowledge and thinking [especially about mentioning the culture, which is critical].

<Currently, in the Japanese FanFiction, there are numerous FanFictions about Anti-TSAB, where I was influenced from much>
XD not really significant to me anyway XD
Old 2012-03-01, 23:40   Link #35891
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Personally, I have some 'doubt' about this TSAB's doings.
Don't we all?

Quote:
I don't see their way to achieve the peace by sending children to the battlefield, while adults are giving them orders from back 'safely'.
Ah yes, the child soldier thing. Yeah, even with the whole 'Midchilda has different culture' thing I still have doubts - it's like indoctrinating them when young so they'll stay loyal . But it would be wrong to say that adults never fight - the grunts are adults, and there are also Zest's former team which were also comprised of adults.

Quote:
Throught out the Nanoha series [Second & Third], every culprit was from TSAB itself. Creating the criminals and, ironically, arresting them.
When they're the only interdimensional government in the verse, where else would the villains be?

Well actually they can always try a resurgent Belkan Empire or something but Tsuzuki can't write military so any full-scale war will be cringeworthy to read/watch

Quote:
Their view about magical weapons as 'relatively clean and safe'
The 'safe' bit is more that magic can be set to STUN (there's no canonical explanation on how, but fanfic writers have their own speculations).

And there's also arms control into play. Normal weapons can be operated by anyone with healthy fingers, arms and eyes, but magic attacks depends on mana capacity and few people have the power to demolish city blocks. Controlling them with a leash limiters is easier than having to constantly regulate weapons ownership and such.

Quote:
Does TSAB ever think, whose great weapon is 'Magic', its hostile force/enemy force could develop some way to cancelling their 'Magic' completely.
They should. The technology predates the Bureau, as shown by the Saint's Cradle, and this generation also has first-hand experience of it.

Quote:
Promoting the (too) young aged to be high-ranking officer.
A way of buying the loyalties of high-powered mages so they won't switch to less legal but more profitable jobs. But yeah, promotion with little regard to actual command skill and experience (19 years old colonel? Really?) is supremely stupid.

Quote:
Non-lethal Mode. Don't get me wrong, I love this Non-lethal Mode...But, I personally, this leading to make every TSAB combatant to be 'naive'. Remember, TSAB is military organization who could face deadly threats. I don't think they have similar determination as regular soldiers in our world, such as the willing to kill the threat and take the burden of it.
You must consider that real-life militaries are constantly seeking ways to reduce collateral damage and avoid civilian casualties, including increasing the use of non-lethal weapons. It's less naivety and more not wanting bad press.
Old 2012-03-02, 00:54   Link #35892
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Season 2 did not have a Bureau-created enemy. Graham or anyone else in the Bureau did not create the Book of Darkness, nor did they find it and give it to Hayate. It was sheer providence that Graham located the Book's newest master after Clyde's death, and he wasn't acting maliciously to stop it--he was trying to prevent another series of deaths and catastrophes from occurring again the only way he knew how. No one had been able to stop the Book of Darkness without loss of life before that. No one.

As for the Bureau itself, we must remember that it's current structure with a ban on mass-based weaponry and using magic entirely is relatively new. They're bound to run into problems. Given the scope of the conflicts before the current era, it's entirely possible that whatever knowledge on pre-war days anti-magic armaments and technologies was lost and only now being rediscovered. Can't fault them for that--the Saint Unification War and the wars before that were utterly brutal.

For the ages of their younger recruits, they are teaching them responsible and effective ways of using their magic, partly due to that age is the best effective time for magical growth and development. Why not promote them as they deserve while they become more mature and responsible with their powers? Most people in real life in our society don't have that level of power and thus that level of responsibility to be trained, and no part of us biologically that's truly mature, so of course we don't have soldiers that young. Mid-Childa and the other magic-capable societies, however, do.
Old 2012-03-02, 04:01   Link #35893
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Why not promote them as they deserve while they become more mature and responsible with their powers?
Because military promotions has little to do with individual powers and more with leadership abilities. What is taken into consideration for promoting a person is not his ability to kill 100 people but to organize and command 100 people, and magic powers has nothing to do with that (unless she has related spells, but Hayate's magic are more known for their artillery values).

No, I don't say that they should not reward those who had distinguished themselves, I'm just saying that promotion is the wrong response. What should be given for individual achievement which has nothing to do with leadership or organization are awards and decorations - ribbons, medals, bonus pay etc.

Case in point: A private was a lone survivor of an ambush. He then somehow proceed to mow down an entire battalion alone. Is he awesome? You bet! Does this prove him as a leader? No.

Quote:
Really? And here I thought the fans there would gobble everything Tsuzuki fed them Then again Betrayers was a japanese doujin...

Anyway, where are you bringing this train of question? Any fan fics in progress?
Old 2012-03-02, 08:49   Link #35894
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

Quote:

I'm interested in knowing more about the Japanese fanfic side of things. The disgrace that I am, I spend so much time on lao wai websites.

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
WarpObscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-02, 16:55   Link #35895
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Kindergarten teacher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craxuan View Post
1) It is a culture in Mid-Childa; children can choose to work in the military as soon as they're old enough. You must be able to distinguish between our culture and theirs, to them having kids working at the age of 9 is normal. Even a person like Lindy expressed positive will to recruit Nanoha when she saw her potential, not knowing that it's 'abnormal' for people on Earth. And, saying that adults simply gave orders from behind the scene while the kids do hard labor is also wrong; you should know that when you watched StrikerS or Force.
It's also worth noting that this special treatment is being extended to 9-year olds who are significantly more powerful than all but a rare few adults, and those adults are busy somewhere else.

What do you do with a child who can whup up on adults? Treat them like adults and give them some adult responsibilities.

Show them that you acknowledge how strong they are, but also that you expect them to be responsible with that strength.

This way, incredibly dangerous individuals grow up with reasonable expectations and manageable attitudes.

Quote:
Because military promotions has little to do with individual powers and more with leadership abilities.

*and stuff*
What Tiresias said.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2012-03-02 at 21:16. Reason: Please edit your post and refrain from double/triple posting...
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-02, 22:06   Link #35896
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
StrikerS

Numbers 1-5

Spoiler for Blood That Flows - Numbers 6:

Spoiler for Comments:

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-02, 22:14   Link #35897
biodude711

Send a message via AIM to biodude711
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
StrikerS

Numbers 1-5

Spoiler for Comments:
Yay for comedy!!
Old 2012-03-02, 22:17   Link #35898
mega1987
GregOS Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
StrikerS

Numbers 1-5

Spoiler for Comments:
Me: Well.... Wendi's right... *Gazed at Quint.* She's hot.

Odin: As if she's the only good looking female in this story...

Me:

Reia: Hm.... Vivio and Arashi being babysit by Cinque... And about to go to the amusement park to meet up with Nove, Wendi and Dieci... Sounds like fun!

Odin: I wonder if there's someone else got plans for that day....

Me: *Imagines a Three-way date with Nanoha, Fate and Yuuno... An outing of Kuma, Amitie and Kyrie. Or a certain fruitcake decided to visit with his wife and daughters, just to appease the twins...*
SRW beats all foes.
JAM Project pwns all!!!

And I can't still make fanfic without restarting from the start when new ideas comes in...
mega1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-02, 22:36   Link #35899
Nagumo
Random Translator

Quote:
I figured in my fanfic, she would train animals for social work or something.

Cute kitties and doggies, piled on top of her. All sorts and sizes, to the point she's buried under them! (Imagine Sette buried under a avalanche of cute animals)

... Unless she was allergic to animals, that would just suck.
Old 2012-03-02, 22:37   Link #35900
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagumo View Post
Cute kitties and doggies, piled on top of her. All sorts and sizes, to the point she's buried under them! (Imagine Sette buried under a avalanche of cute animals)
"Mr. Tadakishi! No! Get off of the nice woman! Wagh!"
"Poor Chiyo, her dog flattened her again."

Couldn't help myself!

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha