AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-04-19, 14:53   Link #341
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Some pretty good progress. Certainly getting an idea why Hana is being sought for and get more about Teppei as well. Pretty good idea to have Hana help give Teppei a boost so he could go out there and back up Daichi.

Almost felt bad for the Kiltgang getting sniped by someone he thought was an ally . Though I'm sure there's a good story why Teppei seemingly ended up switching sides there.

Some good fun in the episode. Akari was trolling the heck out of her dad throughout. Though at the same time I'm sure the source is the fact that the issues with her parents ended up leaving her quite alone. I think her father can take a bit of trolling all things considered.
Old 2014-04-19, 15:36   Link #342
ChampDream
Alive

I really like Akari, her father really was suprise about what she know.
It look like Salty dog will be trouble, at least they fail this to kill Daichi thanks to Teppei and Hana.
Now I wonder why the Kiltgang don't send more than one to attack earth?
Old 2014-04-19, 15:42   Link #343
jordantenney56

I think amaro got to confident about his fighting abilities and didnt expect another kiltgang like himself on the opposing side. Its very understandable to why teppei was so uneasy showing daichi the albion rainbow and the fact daichi wasnt scared by it. I
jordantenney56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-19, 15:59   Link #344
Eclipze

So there IS more than one mech for team Captain Earth. Would explain why the four of them were in the pilot's suit in the OP.

I'm guessing both Hana and Akari would be playing support roles rather than having their own mechs. Akari supporting Daichi with the Earth Engine, while Hana...sings and summons Teppei's mech?
Eclipze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-19, 16:03   Link #345
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze View Post
I'm guessing both Hana and Akari would be playing support roles rather than having their own mechs.
Why would they get pilot suits if they're not going to pilot mechs?
Old 2014-04-19, 16:13   Link #346
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
Why would they get pilot suits if they're not going to pilot mechs?
Maybe they'll co-pilot the mechs? Like Daichi/Teppei being the main pilots, while Akari/Hana control other aspects of the mechs (At least for Akari, she could operate Earth Engine's weapon systems). I'm not sure how 4 mechs would work out in this series, considering that the Kiltgang currently have 2 members, and they don't seem to be attacking at the same time.
Eclipze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-19, 16:16   Link #347
bakaouji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze View Post
Maybe they'll co-pilot the mechs? I'm not sure how 4 mechs would work out in this series, considering that the Kiltgang currently have 2 members, and they don't seem to be attacking at the same time.
I assume they're just the advance party. Surely Kiltgang isn't made up of just two aliens. The rest may as well be introduced later in the show. I, too think that the other two will pilot their own individual mechs at some point.
bakaouji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-19, 16:38   Link #348
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakaouji View Post
I assume they're just the advance party. Surely Kiltgang isn't made up of just two aliens. The rest may as well be introduced later in the show. I, too think that the other two will pilot their own individual mechs at some point.
Technically not a spoiler because this is publicly released, but just in case...
Spoiler for antagonists:
Old 2014-04-19, 16:47   Link #349
eceso

great episode

xD love the OP also
eceso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-19, 16:54   Link #350
Key Board
Carbon

Yep, I'm pretty sure Yamakan is secretly part of the Ark Faction

so Teppei was a K-T gang it seems. What about Hana? She doesn't seem human, but she seems from a different faction
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-19, 18:09   Link #351
Irenesharda

Well, this is getting more and more interesting.

I'm still trying to figure out what the sides are and who's on what side? If someone can help me out with that I would be grateful.

From what I can gather, there is Globe that's the main group, and then there is Salty Dog that's an underhanded security force to keep them in line. There is the Ark Faction, I really don't know who they are or what their goal is. There is an opposite faction that's against them but I don't know what their name is right now or what their goal is.
And then there is CEO Kube and Puck and his group that are also doing evil underhanded things.
And then there are the two aliens that are basically just studying and experimenting with Earth's defenses. I can't quite understand what all that is about either. Are they linked up with one of the human groups? I'm not really sure. What is the aliens' goal exactly, they don't seem to be part of a larger group so what's going on? And where are they from again?

Anyway, other than those set up questions. I really liked where this story is going. I'm glad that evil Salty Dog perv actually had a reason to take down Daichi, rather than some kind of petty revenge or something.

Daichi's still an interesting MC, and I like the character of Teppei as well. Akari is a bit annoying, but I can grow to like her. Hana, on the other hand, is that self same bland singing, passive female lead that's in practically every solitary mecha series at one point or another. I really get tired of that character and she's no better here.

Now, I'm loving male alien, way more than female. He seems more competent and is actually going to be a very good challenge/rival for Daichi. The girl is just a walking, talking, bouncing bit of fluff fanservice in my eyes.

Now, I like that they had Daichi want to get revenge for his dad's death and how Salty Dog's dog made good use of that. And I have never seen someone attempt to update the old tin can phone like they did here! That was actually hilarious. A paper cup and a laser beam? Really? Does that even work? You guys couldn't have made a more secure phone line than that?

As for the reveal of Teppei and Albion (which to me, is way more awesome than the Earth Engine, which has been getting its butt kicked as of late. ), I honestly though Teppei and Hana were captured aliens all time. Right?

Although they have mentioned "designer children" all this time which could denote genetically engineered beings. So which is it? Is it that Teppei is an alien or a genetically modified human that can do what the aliens can do? But if that was so, why does that male alien recognize him? Also is Hana an alien to? Is she this "Princess of Blume" they refer to? And the blue haired girl with the recorder, who is she? What happened to her? Is she the personification of Livlaster?

Also, the aliens mention being in hiding for 9 years? Why? What is their plan?

And how does CEO Kube and Puck fit into all this, and also the plan that the Ark Faction is planning?

This show is giving me a lot of questions, which I applaud it for. If I can just get the status quo together, I'll be set. I like what I'm seeing so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post

I hate that blue haired guy. The heck, I don't even know his name. I'm pretty sure I was paying attention all this time, but did anyone catch his name? No wait, forget it, I don't want to know his name. He doesn't deserve Moco-chan in fact, I got a feeling this guy is going to waste give up his life for Moco-chan, he be saving her and stuff, and his last words will be "heh" before he blows up in a flaming fireball of flames. Your days are numbered, blue hair
Be a little kinder to blue-haired alien. It looks like any feelings are on the girl's part alone. To him the kiss is totally business and the way they do communication.

Reminds me a little of Starfire from Teen Titans.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu

Last edited by Irenesharda; 2014-04-19 at 18:28.
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-19, 19:22   Link #352
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Although they have mentioned "designer children" all this time which could denote genetically engineered beings. So which is it? Is it that Teppei is an alien or a genetically modified human that can do what the aliens can do? But if that was so, why does that male alien recognize him?
The designer children are host bodies meant to house the light giants that were their true forms. This is described at the offical site.

This means Teppei was recognised because he was in his "true self".
Old 2014-04-19, 19:29   Link #353
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
The designer children are host bodies meant to house the light giants that were their true forms. This is described at the offical site.

This means Teppei was recognised because he was in his "true self".
Okay, so Teppei IS an alien? And the host bodies are the human bodies they carry or the mecha? And are these "light giants", the true forms of the aliens?

I'm sorry, I haven't gotten time to check out the website, though a show should be able to explain this to me without me having to look it up.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2014-04-19, 19:42   Link #354
Shadow5YA

Quote:
I'm sorry, I haven't gotten time to check out the website, though a show should be able to explain this to me without me having to look it up.
It did. In all three episodes, the pink and blue Kiltgang said they were in their "true form" when they were in mecha form.

The way Teppei summoned Albion was the same way, and it was acknowledged by both sides that he was also a Kiltgang.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-19, 19:45   Link #355
Esclair

I feel like either we're missing a big part of the overall picture, or they're not putting enough thought into the scenario.

In episode 1, if Daichi was not there, The Kiltgang would have succeeded in penetrating Earth's defense, which seems like it'd mean the end of the Earth or something because otherwise why would Daichi's dad sacrifice himself to stop the Kiltgang 9 years ago?

However, in episode 3, we see that Globe's low-orbit impacters are completely useless against the Kiltgang, and then we learn that Teppei is a Kiltgang and has his own Albion, and of course they never even expected Teppei to be able to do his transformation. So who is the Earth Impacter even built for? And when they finally have a pilot the commander forbids Daichi from launching.

So basically, Globe's defenses consists of a bunch of useless impacters, a Earth Impacter that would have had no pilot, and Teppei who they don't even think about using because he wasn't able to transform in their tests. Yet they don't even seem that troubled. I mean, if not for Daichi breaking orders to launch in the Earth Impacter or Teppei miraculously being able to become Albion, the Kiltgang would have bypassed all their defenses and landed on Earth, which is supposed to be something they want to absolutely prevent, yet Globe doesn't seem to do anything except just watch, and it ends up being the kids who take initiative.
Esclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-19, 19:49   Link #356
Galaxian

I'm guessing next episode will have Teppei sulking because he thinks Daichi will now hate him, but at the end Daichi is fine with it and gives the necklace to Teppei.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-19, 19:55   Link #357
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
It did. In all three episodes, the pink and blue Kiltgang said they were in their "true form" when they were in mecha form.

The way Teppei summoned Albion was the same way, and it was acknowledged by both sides that he was also a Kiltgang.
Yes, I know they said "true form", but I didn't know what that meant in reference to the term "designer children". Also, is the mecha form their true form, or is it the lit-up more feral humanoid form they take while piloting them? Because I always assumed it was the way they looked while piloting.

As for Teppei, they are supposed to be talking next week about him being part of the Kiltgang or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esclair View Post
I feel like either we're missing a big part of the overall picture, or they're not putting enough thought into the scenario.

In episode 1, if Daichi was not there, The Kiltgang would have succeeded in penetrating Earth's defense, which seems like it'd mean the end of the Earth or something because otherwise why would Daichi's dad sacrifice himself to stop the Kiltgang 9 years ago?

However, in episode 3, we see that Globe's low-orbit impacters are completely useless against the Kiltgang, and then we learn that Teppei is a Kiltgang and has his own Albion, and of course they never even expected Teppei to be able to do his transformation. So who is the Earth Impacter even built for? And when they finally have a pilot the commander forbids Daichi from launching.

So basically, Globe's defenses consists of a bunch of useless impacters, a Earth Impacter that would have had no pilot, and Teppei who they don't even think about using because he wasn't able to transform in their tests. Yet they don't even seem that troubled. I mean, if not for Daichi breaking orders to launch in the Earth Impacter or Teppei miraculously being able to become Albion, the Kiltgang would have bypassed all their defenses and landed on Earth, which is supposed to be something they want to absolutely prevent, yet Globe doesn't seem to do anything except just watch, and it ends up being the kids who take initiative.
I too think there is a big hole in the picture here, I've felt that since the beginning. However, as they begin to piece it together, I'm beginning to get it.

However, you have to wonder what the aliens actual plan is? They obviously don't want to destroy or take over the Earth as they could have done that already, between the time they killed Daichi's dad and when Daichi became the pilot. As you say, their defenses are useless, so why haven't they attacked before now?

Male alien said it's been 9 years since he's been out fighting, which was probably the last time when he faced Daichi's dad. However, I'm guessing he was severely hurt in the process at some point and may have been healing and laying low afterward. However, what kept female alien girl from doing anything? Also, even now they don't sound as if they are out there to conquer or anything, they sound as if they are testing Globe's defenses. So what's really going on here?

And then there is Teppei and the Albion. If he is one of their people, how did he get separated from the other aliens? Also, where is the rest of their people? You can't tell me it's just these two aliens and that's it. There has to be more, right?

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu

Last edited by Irenesharda; 2014-04-19 at 20:41.
Old 2014-04-19, 20:31   Link #358
DorkingtonPugsly

The main plot or the main bad guys and what not have yet to fully be shown but I'm guessing by episode 5 most of the fog will have cleared up. Nice little twist ending. I'm enjoying it more and more every week.

And the op's my favorite of this season.
Old 2014-04-19, 21:24   Link #359
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Well, that ep was not so bad... I guess I will tentatively commit. Between this and Sidonia no Kishi that makes two series with mecha I am actively following in one season - I think that is a record for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkingtonPugsly View Post
The main plot or the main bad guys and what not have yet to fully be shown but I'm guessing by episode 5 most of the fog will have cleared up. Nice little twist ending. I'm enjoying it more and more every week.

And the op's my favorite of this season.
I actually kinda prefer the ED personally, but to each their own. Oh yes, I thought the insert song towards the end of the ep was lovely! ^^
Old 2014-04-19, 21:25   Link #360
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
I'm guessing next episode will have Teppei sulking because he thinks Daichi will now hate him, but at the end Daichi is fine with it and gives the necklace to Teppei.
That was my guess too but it looks like the Kiltgang is going to try and kidnap Teppei next episode and could very well succeed.

Quote:
Yes, I know they said "true form", but I didn't know what that meant in reference to the term "designer children". Also, is the mecha form their true form, or is it the lit-up more feral humanoid form they take while piloting them? Because I always assumed it was the way they looked while piloting.

However, you have to wonder what the aliens actual plan is? They obviously don't want to destroy or take over the Earth as they could have done that already, between the time they killed Daichi's dad and when Daichi became the pilot. As you say, their defenses are useless, so why haven't they attacked before now?

And then there is Teppei and the Albion. If he is one of their people, how did he get separated from the other aliens? Also, where is the rest of their people? You can't tell me it's just these two aliens and that's it. There has to be more, right?
Pretty sure their true form refers to either how they look while piloting (since that's similar but not exactly how they look on Earth) or that box they turn into (but I'm pretty sure it's not the box).

They did mention in the first episode that they had just finished working out something with the mecha so that was the first time in nine years they were able to summon their mechs. Not sure how they did it before but clearly they broke it and it's taken nine years to fix it (well, possibly nine years to fix it and to create the designer children bodies).

Akari mentions a story about an angel falling to Earth with a rock in the episode and, given how Star Driver loved it's half-metaphor-half-true stories I bet that's how Teppei and/or Hana came to Globe's attention in the first place.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action