AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2018-12-20, 13:43   Link #341
Lord Kai

Just caught up with the spoilers and read some very interesting events. Poor Bova, Ishibumi needs to give the guy a break. Also while I know dress break was useless against Rias but why didn't he use that move to read her mind through her breast.
Lord Kai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-20, 13:45   Link #342
Palmito

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Someone's salty.

Saji's been tanky as hell from the beginning, where a BxB Issei had to actually beat him unconscious.

Kiba is wearing dragon armor specifically to boost his speed when he already danced around Ultimate class devils and was faster than CxC Issei.

Asia's BxB told Rizeviem to piss off, this is not new.

Stop trying to shove everything in your static little box. Everyone here is constantly growing and improving their powers. Ishi has never even pretended that the status quo was set in stone.
And that's why I said it makes sense. Its the "what the author needs at the moment" level of power. If you think that way, nothing needs to follow a logic and any kind of power up makes sense. You just have to give the excuse of "everyone is training and improving", and guys will keep improving and at the end of the series everyone will be at the level of a Heavelyn Dragon.
Palmito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-20, 13:46   Link #343
Darksider555
Bringer of Darkness

All spoiler summaries collected:

Spoiler for Life 0:

Spoiler for Life 1:

Spoiler for Life 2:

Spoiler for Fan:
Darksider555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-20, 13:46   Link #344
syzorst
syzorst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Kai View Post
Just caught up with the spoilers and read some very interesting events. Poor Bova, Ishibumi needs to give the guy a break. Also while I know dress break was useless against Rias but why didn't he use that move to read her mind through her breast.
Oh I forgot about that, thanks for reminding me.

Issei tried to use Pailingual but due to Rias and Gasper being fused, all he could hear was just jumbling voices of Rias and Gasper so that technique was useless as well.
syzorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-20, 13:50   Link #345
Blazor 98

So, do you all think Rias got the best of Ravel when it came to tactics in this match?
Blazor 98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-20, 13:51   Link #346
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmito View Post
And that's why I said it makes sense. Its the "what the author needs at the moment" level of power. If you think that way, nothing needs to follow a logic and any kind of power up makes sense. You just have to give the excuse of "everyone is training and improving", and guys will keep improving and at the end of the series everyone will be at the level of a Heavelyn Dragon.
Yeah, no. This is just you being upset that you can't keep track of power levels.

Trying to say that the characters always training is some kind of plot device is just silly. "Oh the people trying to get stronger got stronger, plot hole!". Especially when one of the basic premises of the series was that the death of God and collaboration of various mythologies allowed for extreme and unusual growth.
Old 2018-12-20, 13:52   Link #347
Darksider555
Bringer of Darkness

Spoiler for Life 3:

Spoiler for Team Members:

Spoiler for Life. D×D (Diabolos Dragon) & Data. X×X (Cross Time Kiss):

Spoiler for Parents 1:
Old 2018-12-20, 13:56   Link #348
Palmito

Quote:
Yeah, no. This is just you being upset that you can't keep track of power levels.

Trying to say that the characters always training is some kind of plot device is just silly. "Oh the people trying to get stronger got stronger, plot hole!". Especially when one of the basic premises of the series was that the death of God and collaboration of various mythologies allowed for extreme and unusual growth.
Why are you mad? I'm agreeing with you. Kiba trained so hard that his BxB gives him a boost of speed that make him almost as fast as a Heavenly Dragon. It makes sense after all he is training and trying to get stronger. And no matter how big the power up is, it makes sense as long as the character trains.
Old 2018-12-20, 14:00   Link #349
Darksider555
Bringer of Darkness

Spoiler for Life 4:

Spoiler for Middle Game:

Spoiler for Sister:

Spoiler for Life Friend VS Knight Friend:

Spoiler for Power within Force::
Old 2018-12-20, 14:02   Link #350
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Why are you mad? I'm agreeing with you. Kiba trained so hard that his BxB gives him a boost of speed that make him almost as fast as a Heavenly Dragon. It makes sense after all he is training and trying to get stronger. And no matter how big the power up is, it makes sense as long as the character trains.
I'm not mad, I'm exasperated that you're still projecting your own failure onto the series.

"If you think that way, nothing needs to follow a logic and any kind of power up makes sense."

You're trying to say that people training to get stronger actually succeeding in their goals, in a setting where breaking limits is a basic mechanic and the main characters have the support of multiple mythologies in their growth, is illogical.

Because you can't keep up with it.

That's entirely on you, dude.
Old 2018-12-20, 14:05   Link #351
Lex79

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyG View Post
I hope Grayfia doesn't go in the Isolation barrier, the whole point of Sirzechs leaving her behind was to stay with Milicas which is what she's now decided she needs to do, leaving kind of defeats that purpose.
I think the same, it would be silly if she retires from the tournament because she is guilty for neglecting Millicas, only to end up leaving him for centuries.
For her substitute, either Ingvild or Rias. Or better, both.
Lex79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-20, 14:05   Link #352
fan

@Parry999 if issei has to remove a member to put in gasper then that is fine
fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-20, 14:06   Link #353
Darksider555
Bringer of Darkness

Spoiler for Oppai Dragon vs Switch Princess:

Spoiler for Durandal:

Spoiler for Parents 2:

Spoiler for New Life: Victory or Defeat:

Spoiler for Gods of Hell:

Spoiler for Life ???????????????????:
Old 2018-12-20, 14:08   Link #354
Palmito

Quote:
I'm not mad, I'm exasperated that you're still projecting your own failure onto the series.

"If you think that way, nothing needs to follow a logic and any kind of power up makes sense."

You're trying to say that people training to get stronger actually succeeding in their goals, in a setting where breaking limits is a basic mechanic and the main characters have the support of multiple mythologies in their growth, is illogical.

Because you can't keep up with it.

That's entirely on you, dude.
No, I'm agreeing with you. You're right, and it's making sense. No matter how large the power difference between a character is, if he trains, any power up no matter how big it is will make sense. That's what you're saying and it makes sense.
Old 2018-12-20, 14:11   Link #355
Hakai

Baalberith is going to be my top 5 favourite characters at this rate

Man, can't wait til he meets Ise again face to face, shit is going to be gold.

Last edited by Hakai; 2018-12-20 at 14:27.
Hakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-20, 14:15   Link #356
Lord Kai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazor 98 View Post
So, do you all think Rias got the best of Ravel when it came to tactics in this match?
Eh, not really. Her opening move are alright but on the other hand Rias was force to give away her position as well to Kiba, Lint and Strada, not to mention that even in the 4 vs 1, Roygun to put a "clock bomb" on Lint that would've retired her anyway. As king Rias didn't need to give away her position. She could've just like Strada and Lint take care of Roygun.

Again it was a good idea on Rias part but don't you think Ishibumi could've written the same thing but the opposite since Ravel and Rias have similar tactics. Rias could've sent Kiba and Strada as scouts like she did against Vali's team in the goal to make Issei burn up as much of his stamina and time limit. Rosswiesse traps them in a barrier and Issei DxD, Grayfia, Xenovia, Asia and Roygun wipes both of them out. Gasper's bats are destroyed by Elmenhilde (after drinking Issei's blood).

The thing Ishibumi needed a way to reduce Issei's team since they outnumber Rias team and the best way he could think of doing so was to make Rias have a tactical outplay on Ravel. Which doesn't make sense to me.

Ravel is someone who match wits with Rudiger of all people and you're telling me she couldn't predict Rias would create a simple trap like that? Especially since Ravel is aware of Koneko's senjustsu ability to detect the position people?
Lord Kai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-20, 14:19   Link #357
XFire
150% done

Quote:
No, I'm agreeing with you. You're right, and it's making sense. No matter how large the power difference between a character is, if he trains, any power up no matter how big it is will make sense. That's what you're saying and it makes sense.
Oof, feel the passive aggressive seething there

Honestly you're probably better off with a series with simpler power mechanics. Like Dragon Ball.
Old 2018-12-20, 14:23   Link #358
Shieldbro

So life ???????? Shows that one of 3 leaders of exe is comeing early so that should be the last boss for shin dxd I assume.
Shieldbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-20, 14:30   Link #359
Palmito

Quote:
Oof, feel the passive aggressive seething there

Honestly you're probably better off with a series with simpler power mechanics. Like Dragon Ball.
Nah. I prefer the power mechanics of DxD that according to you the character only needs to train that he will improve as much as he wants/needs and any kind of power up can be justified by the phrase "he is training so he is improving".
Old 2018-12-20, 14:34   Link #360
Parry999

Quote:
Nah. I prefer the power mechanics of DxD that according to you the character only needs to train that he will improve as much as he wants/needs and any kind of power up can be justified by the phrase "he is training soon is improving".
That's how shonen works yes. Kiba probably satan class at this point without his scared gear and swords if Akeno's a Cadre.
Parry999 is offline   Reply With Quote