AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2016-01-20, 15:53   Link #341
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Gotta say, Wallace West (refuse to acknowledge this "character" as the same Wally West who was best friends with Nightwing) pissed me off this episode. How are you going to show up for a holiday meal (or whatever happened before the break) to meet your family, and then proceed to crap all over them and blame them for not being around?
Sadly, that's how they've made him in the New 52, and I'm not talking about his race, but the fact that he has the same unpleasant personality in the show and the current comics, which goes completely against to what the character original was.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-20, 17:57   Link #342
Wandering Soul

Yeah, Wally really was rage enduring throughout the episode. Really makes you wonder why he bothered to show up.

http://m.imgur.com/a/2HHtc
Old 2016-01-23, 10:35   Link #343
Hakai

So things with Patty are (seemingly) over already?
Well that was fast(I'm not going to say no pun intended )

Iris' brother was annoying, holy hell

What's the point one of bringing a guy with the same name as one of the best super hero ever into the show if they are going to shit on his character like that

R Flash... he should have been 'erased' from existence or something along with the lines
Is this is a sign of Eddie somehow coming back?
Old 2016-01-23, 20:27   Link #344
sunset
Twilight Impersonator

I'm trying to understand the angle with Patty, surely she'll come back by the mid-to-end of the season as a new heroine/supervillain/something, right?

The best part of the season for me so far has been Harry and Cisco, both steal every scene they're in.
sunset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-23, 22:06   Link #345
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
I finished S1 a month or so ago and was really pleased with what I got. The Flash proves you don't have to Nolanify a comic book to take it seriously, because this show definitely feels like a comic book in the best way. But it could've stand to drop the pop culture references to avoid being heavily dated, and I'm not entirely confident on the reveal of Wells being Reverse Flash. Not because I wasn't confident when I first watched it, but moreso because of someone I got to watch it. They figured Wells killed Nora, before the reveal, because every episode ended with an I'm so evil! stinger. I suppose, yeah, it's a pink elephant in the room, but it felt like such an obvious twist that you figure it's going to be something else. And the real twist is when it's not

Will get around to the S2...eventually...
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-26, 21:14   Link #346
GDB

Jay seems mighty suspicious now.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-27, 00:24   Link #347
Wandering Soul

That Hunter Zolomon reveal caught me completely off guard. Really wasn't expecting him to even be mentioned this season, much less make a small appearance.
Old 2016-01-27, 03:58   Link #348
Hakai

Zolomon! Whoa. Ok

Wally was more tolerable this episode
Still don't want him anywhere near my speed force, it's too cool for him

Good to see Barry got fast enough to not get completely owned by R Flash
Just goes to show how much of a monster Zoom really is

Last edited by Hakai; 2016-01-27 at 15:58.
Hakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-27, 16:57   Link #349
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

So who Zoom will be? The Rival? Since he appeared in Jay Garrick's Earth and we already have Professor Zoom in the picture, and with Zolomon now appearing... I'm half expecting Bart or Inertia to appear at any time now
Old 2016-01-28, 06:49   Link #350
monster

So, either Cisco just gave too much information, or he's just assured that he got a job at the Star labs in the first place.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-03, 03:01   Link #351
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Wow. I'm so disappointed, Team Flash.

"Why," Barry asks. "I would've killed him," Joe says. It's like these idiots have completely forgotten what's going on with Zoom and Wells 2 in the first place. Eobard (they still can't wrap their heads around the fact that the Wells they knew was never the real Wells) was evil and did everything he did for selfish reasons. Wells 2 only stole Barry's speed because it's his own daughter's life at stake. And to top it off, he told the team it was him. He could have just kept his mouth shut and gotten away clean.
And the first thing Joe does is savagely attack him.
And then the team is all prepped and ready to abandon him back on earth 2 and leave him and his daughter to their fates. Wow, Team Flash. You have officially achieved Douchebag Status. And I thought between Team Arrow and Team Flash, they would be the better of the two.

The one voice of reason: Barry. He actually pointed out several of the things I just did. But that was short lived, as he quickly goes back to talking about it being a simple betrayal that he deserves respepponsibility for since he trusted Wells 2 against everyone's advice. As if Wells 2 wasn't doing it to save his daughter, or that he hadn't confessed on his own what he did. Seriously, I wish I could slap some of these idiots.

Now we go to earth 2 next week, with KILLER SNOW (yes, I'm sticking with that name), and DEATHSTORM.
Old 2016-02-03, 04:27   Link #352
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

You're being too harsh on them. Emotion is a very powerful thing and hard to temper.

Heck, i'm surprised Barry was that calm and called everyone out on it so soon. He was quite emotional too, but after Wells stated that he already said he would betray him for his daughter, then he realized it, not before he said it.
Old 2016-02-03, 05:00   Link #353
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

No I'm not being too harsh on them. They're supposed to be the good guys; staying on the moral side of the equation. They know exactly what Wells' situation is, and Wells even confessed to his wrongdoings of his own volition. And their first and continued reaction is to screw him, until Barry talked some sense into them. Which they shouldn't have needed. They didn't give a dang about the fact that his daughter's life is on the line, not to mention the people of his whole world. Nor that by putting himself to them, he sacrificed his daughter's life for them, people with no relation to him or have even known a fraction as long. Joe didn't give a dang that Wells 2 is a father like himself, and that Wells 2 sacrificed his daughter for Barry. Barry's calm and understanding nature is the norm, or it should be, for people claiming to be the morally righteous. Yet they were so ready and willing to toss it all away for the sake of their own selfish feelings without any regard for the sacrifice Wells 2 made by telling them. They don't get that right when they have so much responsibility, when their actions and decisions will have so much impact and affect so many people. Of course, it's completely dickheaded of them to so completely disregard the terrible situation Wells 2 was in in the first place.

And there's no excuse for them continuously seeing him as untrustworthy because of earth 1 Wells, who wasn't even the real earth 1 Wells, a fact that they've known for a long time. The one single reason they didn't trust him when they met him (and have continued to be distrustful of him ever since) was because of earth 1 Wells, who was not the same person as earth 2 Wells. Earth 1 Wells wasn't even Wells; he was Eobard Thawne, who was impersonating earth 1 Wells. Yet ever since they met him, they've been drawing a comparison between the "earth 1 Wells" they knew and earth 2 Wells. It's ridiculous that they ever hated earth 2 Wells in the first place given this. And earth 2 Wells didn't give his speech about him betraying them for his daughter until well after they'd started hating him for what non-earth 1 Wells had done.

Barry gets super props for being exactly what they're all supposed to be; the good guys with the higher moral code, who see the facts and judge accordingly instead of lashing out in irrational, unthinking anger without any consideration for the details. So, so disappointing, Team Flash. Barry just proves further that he's the star of the show. (Even if he fell a little bit for going back to the "you guys told me not to trust him" stuff when their distrust of him had no basis in the first place)
Old 2016-02-03, 12:15   Link #354
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
their distrust of him had no basis in the first place
Actually, it might also be influenced with Garrick's distrust of Wells.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-03, 17:27   Link #355
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

Actually, regardless of how much as Shinji likes to rant, their distrust of Wells comes from several things, one being Jay's outright hate of him and how Wells dismisses him as useless even when he was still the Flash, how he didn't gave two shits about Earth-1 and was more than willing to let Barry get hurt if it gave him a chance against Zoom, and many more little things, and to top it off he looks like the previous traitor they had in their group, they would have been fools to actually trust him at first.
Also, good doesn't have to be nice, why the hell do they have to be perfectly rational at that moment, especially the hotheated Joe, who has lashed out even at Barry himself. The only one held to a higher moral standard than the rest of people is Barry, and he was the voice of reason.
If anything bothered me this ep is Iris, who continues to be annoying as fuck in her way of going about things, even when she does have a point

Last edited by SuitUp; 2016-02-03 at 17:41.
SuitUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-03, 18:44   Link #356
Galaxian

So a crossover between CBS's Supergirl and CW's Flash has been announced for this March.

Not sure how this is going to work, according to the announcement, Flash, play by Grant Gustin, will visit National City. Now if this is treated like the crossover with Arrow, it would create a whole mess of problems with the plot, unless Gustin is playing a new CBS version of Flash or the original CW Flash will travel to yet another Earth which is where Supergirl takes place.

Source
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-03, 19:03   Link #357
Chosen_Hero

^Basically unless it means that Supergirl either takes place on Earth-2 or another different Earth than the Arrow-verse it won't make any sense to in the canon continuity due to Superman existing in Supergirl.

As for the episode: I will from this day forward call him One Punch Joe, he will go on a punching spree and he won't rest until everyone gets one.

P.S. Wally is obsessed with speed + Zoom is obsessed with speed = Zoom is Wally from Earth-2... nah.
Old 2016-02-03, 19:10   Link #358
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
So a crossover between CBS's Supergirl and CW's Flash has been announced for this March.

Not sure how this is going to work, according to the announcement, Flash, play by Grant Gustin, will visit National City. Now if this is treated like the crossover with Arrow, it would create a whole mess of problems with the plot, unless Gustin is playing a new CBS version of Flash or the original CW Flash will travel to yet another Earth which is where Supergirl takes place.

Source
Supergirl could come from another earth that the Flash crew would meet though one of the breaches. That way the two can meet and it wouldn't contradict the canon lore of either.

http://imgur.com/a/Frmzs
Old 2016-02-03, 19:57   Link #359
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
YYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSS!!!!!!!

I'm not sure why you guys think there will be a problem though. They never once said Superman and Supergirl don't exist on the Arrow-verse, nor that the Arrow/Green Arrow and the Flash don't exist in the Supergirl-verse, andnot mentioning them in either show isn't non-existence of either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Actually, it might also be influenced with Garrick's distrust of Wells.
Which turned out to be pretty baseless itself, given Wells 2's unwillingness to go through with helping Zoom as he clearly showed when he spilled his own beans to the team at the first problem. Not they cared about his proof of good guy-ness, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp View Post
Actually, regardless of how much as Shinji likes to rant, their distrust of Wells comes from several things, one being Jay's outright hate of him and how Wells dismisses him as useless even when he was still the Flash, how he didn't gave two shits about Earth-1 and was more than willing to let Barry get hurt if it gave him a chance against Zoom, and many more little things, and to top it off he looks like the previous traitor they had in their group, they would have been fools to actually trust him at first.
Also, good doesn't have to be nice, why the hell do they have to be perfectly rational at that moment, especially the hotheated Joe, who has lashed out even at Barry himself. The only one held to a higher moral standard than the rest of people is Barry, and he was the voice of reason.
If anything bothered me this ep is Iris, who continues to be annoying as fuck in her way of going about things, even when she does have a point
Really? Starting your reply with a veiled insult?

They made it clear that it was their hatred for Eobard, who they still associate as their earth 1 Wells to this day, that caused their mistrust. They literally keep comparing Wells 2 to "evil Wells."
They never paid that much attention when it was Garrick hating on him other than to stop them from getting out of hand in their fights
For his "willingness" to let Barry get hurt, he seemed to feel pretty bad about it when it happened.
Joe and the team didn't seem to give "two shits" about earth 2 either as they were perfectly willing to toss Wells 2 back there and seal the portals for good, leaving everything and everyone over there to their fate.
Their were no "many more little things."
Now you're just making their same dumb mistake in your attempt to be apologetic for them. Because Wells 2 doesn't look anything like the traitor they had in their midst before. Even Wells 1 doesn't look like him. They don't look like EOBARD THAWNE at all. They even brought Eobard back this season to show us the difference. Wells 1 was just another innocent victim of the Reverse Flash, murdered and his identity stolen by him, and this season the team made Wells 2 one of his victims too by letting their hatred for Eobard irrationally extend to Wells 2. They were fools for connecting Eobard's actions to the Wells from another world. And the kicker is that Wells 2's non-connection to Eobard had absolutely nothing to do with why he "turned on them" here in the first place.
Beeeeeeecause they're also in a position to determine the fate of a lot of people? Joe's advice and support has determined a lot in how Barry has acted. And that's beside, y'know, it simply being the right thing to do. They were still hating on Wells 2 well after he confessed to them of his own volition (there's that little tidbit they conveniently ignored), when they'd had plenty of time to think it through. They just chose not to think it through.
And yes, good most often does mean nice, especially in this context. And how is leaving a whole world to its fate at the hands of a superpowered madman "good" in the first place? Because they were quite eager to do so based on the unwilling actions of one man whose daughter is at the mercy of aformentioned madman.
The simple fact is that the moment Wells 2 'fessed up, he made it inarguable that he's a good guy and he can be trusted. You kinda don't turn yourself in to the good guys and forfeit your own daughter's life (yet more proof of Wells 2's good guy-ness) if you're a bad guy who could have gotten away with it. He clearly couldn't go through with hurting people who had absolutely no relation to him, and who he hadn't known a fraction of the time as his own daughter, even to save her. Of course Joe and Cisco, in their dickhead hating, didn't give a damn about this fact even after they'd had time to cool down and think it over. Fortunately Barry was there to slap some sense into them, though unfortunately not as harshly as he should have.
Hopefully seeing Killer Snow and Deathstorm next episode will drill it into their heads for good, but I doubt they'll touch up on earth 1/earth 2 character comparisons for the sake of a better appreciation of Wells 2's difference from Eobard, now that they've already decided to help Wells 2, especially since Joe, the biggest hater, doesn't look like he'll be going with them from the previews.

I'm not so sure I can take your point when you find Iris annoying. Felicity last season of Arrow and Iris; so many people hate on them, but I don't find either of them to be the least bit annoying.
Old 2016-02-03, 20:55   Link #360
Chosen_Hero

^Because if there was a man flying around in blue pijamas for years you'd think we would have heard of something by now, even a tiny hint that he existed and you'd think the people in that world would be more prepared for meta humans and similar kinds of threats pre-Particle Accelerator, especially considering the cast of freaks following Superman just to kill him and the destruction they can cause.

Tags
the cw, the flash, time travel