AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-11-27, 12:09   Link #341
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Could i request some avatars please from episode 6?

1) Starts at 09:10 and ends at around 9:14.

2) 09:32. Kuranosuke's smiling face.

3) 10:38 and ends at 10:42.

Black boarder on all three. Thank you.
Old 2010-11-28, 01:27   Link #342
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Girl's Night Out.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-28, 10:41   Link #343
roankun
Tsundere Lover

I've always been wondering... Why do the people at Amamizu-kan make such a big deal when Kuranosuke uses "ore"? Banba uses it too.
roankun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-28, 10:49   Link #344
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Bamba probably uses it because she's a bit tomboyish maybe? Or probably because she uses it when talking to the rest of the nunnery because they're very close and tight-nit. (I'm just guessing here)
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-28, 10:51   Link #345
Katapan
俺様祭り

Quote:
Originally Posted by roankun View Post
I've always been wondering... Why do the people at Amamizu-kan make such a big deal when Kuranosuke uses "ore"? Banba uses it too.
It did indeed feel odd to me when I realized Banba used it too, but I thought about it a little: 'Kurako' comes off as really girly and fashionable - certainly not the type you'd expect to hear anything but "watashi" from. On the other hand, Banba's got a fairly boyish appearance so the use of "ore" isn't as conflicting.
Old 2010-11-28, 10:57   Link #346
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

At least Kurako isn't using "boku" right. That would be more boyish or masculine than "ore" IMO.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-28, 13:17   Link #347
stadtkind

Actually ore is super masculine. It goes something like this:
ore = men
boku = boys/tomboys
watashi = neutral/formal
atashi = girls/girly men (think Masumi-chan from Nodame Catabille)

Atashi is so girly that to me it even sounds weird when older women use it. It's definitely what you'd expect Kurako to use, so no wonder ore gets such a reaction. Bamba using ore also makes sense and fits her voice and personality.
stadtkind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-28, 13:20   Link #348
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Yeah, I thought Banba was Chieko's son at first, especially when she was playing with trains!
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-28, 14:45   Link #349
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Entering a minefield, Have to catch up on two weeks of this show . Good too see the element of situational comedy present in this show . One can draw parallels with Densha Otoko though different domains premise is similar .
Old 2010-11-29, 19:44   Link #350
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I hope I haven't missed this being posted before, but I found a live version of the OP by Chatmonchy on YouTube:
Spoiler for video:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 22:10   Link #351
keri
ねぇ、知ってる?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Could i request some avatars please from episode 6?

1) Starts at 09:10 and ends at around 9:14.

2) 09:32. Kuranosuke's smiling face.

3) 10:38 and ends at 10:42.

Black boarder on all three. Thank you.
I'm kind of confused which one you're looking for in the first - maybe the file I have has different timing. My 9:10-9:14 involves Tsukimi ordering the pizza, 9:32 is when whatshername is taking cellphone photos of Shuu, and the last one is Banba noticing the trains out the window.

I have Kuranosuke smiling in response to Tsukimi ordering at about 9:15...if that's what you're talking about, then I can figure out what the right times should be from there.

ETA: I think this is what you meant for the 3rd one, right? They're both sized for this site, the first one is a shorter loop so is only 35k (I made that one since I wanted to use it on livejournal/livejournal clones) ETA2: I think this is the smiling one. Made it an animation, because it's cute, but can do a still, too.

Last edited by keri; 2010-11-29 at 22:53. Reason: maybe figured it out
keri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-30, 02:06   Link #352
SassyRobot

Thanks for the vid Kaoru!
Spoiler for Episode 6:
SassyRobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-30, 10:24   Link #353
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keri View Post
I'm kind of confused which one you're looking for in the first - maybe the file I have has different timing. My 9:10-9:14 involves Tsukimi ordering the pizza, 9:32 is when whatshername is taking cellphone photos of Shuu, and the last one is Banba noticing the trains out the window.€
I was on about the scene where Kuranosuke was flashing his credit card. & as for Kuranosuke smiling, not animated please.
Old 2010-11-30, 17:50   Link #354
Falkor

episode 06 - The moon tonight looks just like a moon jelly.

I will try to keep it short. I found the episode surprisingly funny despite the heaviness around the middle and towards the end. The revelation about Shuu's character was a bit surprising: it related directly to Kuranosuke's mother; but on a greater scheme of things, it added some extra layers to the relationship shared between the brothers. It is strange that Shuu gets along especially well with him, despite the shock and resentment he may harbor. Perhaps, he may see it as two different issues, and does not necessarily have any negative thought or feeling developed in him with regards to his brother. it says something about his maturity, and I would like to think he is not as bad I imagined at the beginning.

Also, I'm not exactly sure of the meaning, but the closet has become a more complex motif of this work. During an earlier episode, we discovered the connection it has between Kuranosuke's dreams and the affection towards his mother; it was the place he would associate to her, one filled with the bright colors of different garments. For Shuu, on the other hand, the closet may also represent Lina's character, but no longer with the same connotation. It is not a place filled with bright colors, but one hidden behind a door, concealing secrets and a strong negative aspect. I think the motif expresses a certain duality about this work, and foreshadows something about Lina: she isn't simply Kuranosuke's mother, but also the same person who may have deeply hurt Shuu as a boy. Again, it adds complexity to the relationship, but it also reinforces this notion of how we perceive the characters---there's a lot more to them than our first impression of them.

Some people have already mentioned how Inari antagonizes Tsukimi: she is sly, deceptive and at times cynical. Her womanly features, her looks, her overall physical appearance strongly opposes that of Tsukimi. I found it interesting that for instance they both wear a red dress during the episode, but this red may be interpreted differently. I would say Tsukimi's red conveys this image of innocence yet maturity, combined with genuine cuteness; in Inari's case, however, the red is more passionate, maybe aggressive or overbearing, and we can associate it to something more erotic. I can't stop myself from wondering what kind of role (if a major one) Inari is going to play. She does not appear to be a one-time character, and her presence strongly hints her further involvement with Shuu. In addition, I don't want to think it's just mere coincidence that she opposes Tsukimi on so many aspects.

I just realized that it's not the first time that the jellyfish has been associated to the moon. I can't help but wonder if there's a much deeper meaning to this simile. But I can't figure it out yet...

by the way, Tsukimi was extremely cute during the episode, and I'm finding uncle to be such an hilarious character.
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-30, 17:55   Link #355
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
Some people have already mentioned how Inari
It taken me about 5 seconds to work out who you were on about. Everyone here has just been calling her Vixen.
Old 2010-11-30, 18:37   Link #356
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
I just realized that it's not the first time that the jellyfish has been associated to the moon. I can't help but wonder if there's a much deeper meaning to this simile. But I can't figure it out yet...
It could actually be really straightforward: jellyfish in Japanese (kurage/海月) literally means "moon of the sea" when you write it in kanji.

And whilst we're on that topic, Tsukimi's name has the kanji in reverse (月海).

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-01, 01:47   Link #357
keri
ねぇ、知ってる?

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
It could actually be really straightforward: jellyfish in Japanese (kurage/海月) literally means "moon of the sea" when you write it in kanji.

And whilst we're on that topic, Tsukimi's name has the kanji in reverse (月海).
Also, there's a jelly which is a "moon jellyfish" in English, I'm not sure if it's called the same in Japanese, but it's one of the most common to see in aquaria here. So the idea of jellyfish = moon doesn't seem that strange a metaphor at all.

(Moon jellyfish are really lovely. The tank at the Georgia Aquarium has a dark background and the light changes colors, so the jellyfish change color too, since they're mostly white/translucent, and it's really soothing to watch, as long as you don't have a bunch of noisy kids getting their finger and noseprints all over the plexiglass.)
Old 2010-12-01, 14:27   Link #358
Nikkan

Just wondering if the "Three Kingdoms"-thing that Mayaya loves actually exists or not? If it does, what is it?
Nikkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-01, 14:42   Link #359
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumii-chan View Post
Just wondering if the "Three Kingdoms"-thing that Mayaya loves actually exists or not? If it does, what is it?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Kingdoms
Old 2010-12-01, 17:57   Link #360
keri
ねぇ、知ってる?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I was on about the scene where Kuranosuke was flashing his credit card. & as for Kuranosuke smiling, not animated please.
Here's the best I could do with the credit card one, plus all the rest together:

Also, just realized that I should totally do stills of the other two, too, as freebies. Will get on that. (PS: Any that shiroth doesn't want are freebies.)

Tags
josei, noitamina, romance