AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-07-25, 17:29   Link #341
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad001 View Post
Meh, what can I say? Author's love drama, and what bigger drama than Nobunaga being evil?

And it's one of the things that for people who come close to the goal but ultimately didn't get the job done, their bad traits will always get magnified.

That the same with Xiang Yu, Cao Cao, and others like them.
Old 2012-07-25, 18:05   Link #342
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

It is a very common thing, whether it is due to circumstance or their own faults. Some great Generals couldn't finish the job, but they get pretty close. Like Hannibal almost destroying Rome, but failed if it wasn't for Rome attacking Carthage. Alexander the Great failing to conquer the Eastern World due to soldiers complaining and him dying by malaria before he turned 30. Pretty common. Nobunage almost completed his dream if it wasn't for betrayal.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 18:18   Link #343
chad001
Happy-End Totalitarian

To be fair though, no one knows what would've happened if Nobunaga survived. I mean, one of the crucial parts of the ending of the Sengoku-era was Hideyoshi allying with Ieyasu. Who know if Nobunaga would've done that... and if he didn't, whether or not he would've lived long enough to do it. At the very least, I can't see Nobuna succeeding without Sagara. She just doesn't have it in her...
chad001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 18:24   Link #344
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
To be fair though, no one knows what would've happened if Nobunaga survived. I mean, one of the crucial parts of the ending of the Sengoku-era was Hideyoshi allying with Ieyasu. Who know if Nobunaga would've done that... and if he didn't, whether or not he would've lived long enough to do it. At the very least, I can't see Nobuna succeeding without Sagara. She just doesn't have it in her...
Both Hideyoshi and Ieyasu were Nobunaga's vassals.. Wikipedia says it - Nobunaga pounded the rice, Hideyoshi made the biscuit.. Ieyasu ate it
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 19:17   Link #345
chad001
Happy-End Totalitarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
Both Hideyoshi and Ieyasu were Nobunaga's vassals.. Wikipedia says it - Nobunaga pounded the rice, Hideyoshi made the biscuit.. Ieyasu ate it
Well, more like Nobunaga made the dough, Hideyoshi baked it and took a bite, then Ieyasu stole it and ate it.
Old 2012-07-25, 19:23   Link #346
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Well, more like Nobunaga made the dough, Hideyoshi baked it and took a bite, then Ieyasu stole it and ate it.
Guys, you are making me hungry and my girlfriend isn't home yet so I can't start cooking. Anyhow, it is true that we don't know or anyone in that matter would know what Nobunaga would've have done if he lived. It falls under the "If" categories. A lot of historians predicted that he would have united Japan and rules with an Iron fist.
Old 2012-07-25, 19:26   Link #347
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
It is a very common thing, whether it is due to circumstance or their own faults. Some great Generals couldn't finish the job, but they get pretty close. Like Hannibal almost destroying Rome, but failed if it wasn't for Rome attacking Carthage. Alexander the Great failing to conquer the Eastern World due to soldiers complaining and him dying by malaria before he turned 30. Pretty common. Nobunage almost completed his dream if it wasn't for betrayal.
Just wanted to say that Hannibal was beaten because he continued south after passing by Rome. If Rome was taken, Scipio wouldn't maybe even have the chance to face Hannibal.

I'd rather take Caesar's example. If he didn't get assassinated by Cassius and Brutus as well as th other senators, he'd have beaten the kingdom of Partha, gone north near Danmark then gone back towards the west to take down the Germanic people.
Old 2012-07-25, 19:30   Link #348
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
Just wanted to say that Hannibal was beaten because he continued south after passing by Rome. If Rome was taken, Scipio wouldn't maybe even have the chance to face Hannibal.

I'd rather take Caesar's example. If he didn't get assassinated by Cassius and Brutus as well as th other senators, he'd have beaten the kingdom of Partha, gone north near Danmark then gone back towards the west to take down the Germanic people.
True, there is a long list of Generals and leaders who would've have done their objective if it wasn't for circumstances. Anyway, back on topic. Does anyone feel that Nobuna was overreacting a bit in vol 5?
Old 2012-07-25, 19:34   Link #349
chad001
Happy-End Totalitarian

Quote:
True, there is a long list of Generals and leaders who would've have done their objective if it wasn't for circumstances. Anyway, back on topic. Does anyone feel that Nobuna was overreacting a bit in vol 5?
Which part? the dismantling of one of the strongest platoons of soldiers? The demotion back to foot-solder? Or the kicking his ass to Ise? I'm pretty easy to see why someone wouldn't have much fidelity in his situation, I woudl've long since ditched Nobuna if it were me...
Old 2012-07-25, 19:40   Link #350
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

As I've said before, Nobuna is alot more tsun in the Light Novel.

Therefore it comes as my personal recommendation that those who were attracted first by the Anime to stick with the Anime, this is probably the first time "adaptation-downsizing" is put to good use, but the choice is yours.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 19:44   Link #351
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

When I said "Nobuna was overreacting a bit in vol 5", I said it in sarcasm. I think everyone agrees she was overreacting, but at least she doesn't hit him. Actually hold that thought, how many times has Nobuna pointed her Katana at Sagara thus far? Regardless of the answer, I feel she is a lovable tsundere unlike some other ones (Yes I am looking at you Louise).
Old 2012-07-25, 19:59   Link #352
chad001
Happy-End Totalitarian

Quote:
When I said "Nobuna was overreacting a bit in vol 5", I said it in sarcasm. I think everyone agrees she was overreacting, but at least she doesn't hit him. Actually hold that thought, how many times has Nobuna pointed her Katana at Sagara thus far? Regardless of the answer, I feel she is a lovable tsundere unlike some other ones (Yes I am looking at you Louise).
Actually, my guess is more along the lines that Mecha just didn't mention the violence, cause it's an unspoken law when it comes to tsunderes. If you had him count, probably more than he wants to...
Old 2012-07-25, 20:03   Link #353
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Hahahaha true, true. Nobuna is a tsundere, but she shows both parts very well. Regarding back in vol 3 when Sagara when tried to make Takoyaki. I am seeing more and more anime in general having them. So much it is almost like how often Ramen appear in anime. Is it really that popular? I've never tried them, though I would if I can find any.
Old 2012-07-25, 20:04   Link #354
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
As I've said before, Nobuna is alot more tsun in the Light Novel.

Therefore it comes as my personal recommendation that those who were attracted first by the Anime to stick with the Anime, this is probably the first time "adaptation-downsizing" is put to good use, but the choice is yours.
I dunno if Nobuna is more tsun or not. From what I've read, it's about the same. However, since it's an anime, maybe the "useless romantic comedy" moments got cut. Personally, even though I've read two novels, here are the "myths" that needs to be cleared:
-This is not ecchi. Unless you call Hidan no Aria "ecchi". This is more filled by romantic comedy and fantasy.
-Do not expect this to be exceptional in strategies, history and such. This is above average, but is not Romance of the Three Kingdom. You don't see drama with important characters dying, and honestly, even though I like the sweet stories, you cannot make all of them live here.
-The MC isn't bad, just that he's not the "absolute-cool" kind. He's awesome when it really counts, but he overlooks many stupid things, sub as in Volume 2 with the fox's trick. Think someone like Hiraga Saito in ZnT, but talks with his history and his brain more than with his sword.
Quote:
Hmm...I personally like other chars more than Nobuna, but indeed she is lovable compared to some that are simply annoying. Mainly because she is a good warrior though. However, I'd like to see her use her brain more and not be as dumb as she was in volume 2.
Old 2012-07-25, 20:19   Link #355
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I dunno if Nobuna is more tsun or not. From what I've read, it's about the same. However, since it's an anime, maybe the "useless romantic comedy" moments got cut.
It's subtle, but if you compare the events in the Anime to the same events in the LN, you'll notice it.

For example the scene with her and Sagara talking about the globe, a rather small but noticeable difference between how those two conversations played out.

Quote:
-This is not ecchi. Unless you call Hidan no Aria "ecchi". This is more filled by romantic comedy and fantasy.
Bad choice though, Aria might not be totally in-your-face ecchi, but there's certainly more than enough of it.

Enough to put a big fat 'HAREM' label on the front cover and does very little to cover it.

Quote:
-Do not expect this to be exceptional in strategies, history and such. This is above average, but is not Romance of the Three Kingdom. You don't see drama with important characters dying, and honestly, even though I like the sweet stories, you cannot make all of them live here.
To put it bluntly, there's a reason why this title was ranked 58th in this year's [Kono Light Novel ga Sugoi! 2012] poll.

Quote:
-The MC isn't bad, just that he's not the "absolute-cool" kind. He's awesome when it really counts, but he overlooks many stupid things, sub as in Volume 2 with the fox's trick. Think someone like Hiraga Saito in ZnT, but talks with his history and his brain more than with his sword.
Not a good idea to compare a powerless character with a powerful character, off the top of my head I would link him more along the lines of Quenser from [Heavy Object] or even Narumi from [Kamisama no Memochou].
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 20:25   Link #356
Mikey-kun

Quote:
Wait, how do you know it's 12 eps and an OVA?

But yeah, very intense volume this time, everyone give a stnading ovation to Mechatrill for that! Shame about all the tsuntsun-ing all over the place, but seeing Takeda act years in advance, that will be entertaining. Though I'm still wondering if Oda can just crush Takeda, gun>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> cavalry after all...
It was announced, can't remember where I read it though ...
Old 2012-07-25, 20:32   Link #357
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Sumeragi mentioned the anime might cover 5 volumes.
Old 2012-07-25, 20:37   Link #358
Mikey-kun

Quote:
Sumeragi mentioned the anime might cover 5 volumes.
And there's always a second season but who knows... It really depends on sales and since the show isn't the "MUST SEE" of the season, I doubt it will get another season.... Which is why we need summaries from ... can't remember the name ... sorry ... you know who you are!!
Old 2012-07-25, 20:41   Link #359
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey-kun View Post
And there's always a second season but who knows... It really depends on sales and since the show isn't the "MUST SEE" of the season, I doubt it will get another season.... Which is why we need summaries from ... can't remember the name ... sorry ... you know who you are!!
You mean Mechatrill. He said he will be happy to do more, if he gets the Chinese translation. Since Chinese translations are stalled, we are at a stand still about the summaries until then. About the anime, if it is enjoyable than it may happen. Just like ZnT which had 4 I believe. The Light Novel is getting there, it is 4 days and the vote number on the request page is at 56 yes and ....................... a single no.. (Processing why would someone say no). The number will raise as more anime episodes airs and the attention given off in this thread and people who are interested in it.
Old 2012-07-25, 20:46   Link #360
Mikey-kun

Quote:
You mean Mechatrill. He said he will be happy to do more, if he gets the Chinese translation. Since Chinese translations are stalled, we are at a stand still about the summaries until then. About the anime, if it is enjoyable than it may happen. Just like ZnT which had 4 I believe. The Light Novel is getting there, it is 4 days and the vote number on the request page is at 56 yes and ....................... a single no.. (Processing why would someone say no). The number will raise as more anime episodes airs and the attention given off in this thread and people who are interested in it.
How nice of him to take the time and effort ^_^

So if it gets enough votes, some1 will do an unofficial translation, correct?

Tags
action, alternate universe, ecchi, fake harem, fantasia bunko, ga bunko, harem, historical, romance, sengoku jidai, shounen, true harem