AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Little Busters

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-02, 10:56   Link #341
Fabrice
Padawan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usami_Haru View Post
It's probably not KyoAni as Vava(Baba?) said But now they know that other studios are capable of animating there works, so it seems pretty likely (to me at least), that it is the aniplex team or some of the others.
Its not just about animating, sure there are many studios that could be capable of animating it, Whats more important it also the people behind and results! Kyoani did a good job in adapting the Key VN's which is a difficult task, I think that's why Key trusted Kyoani to do there VN.

Look at angel beats! yes the animation was good but the story was rushed into 13ep which didnt make sense.
Old 2012-04-02, 11:20   Link #342
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

I meant adapting actually. I was so sure I wrote that.
Old 2012-04-02, 11:23   Link #343
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
We got conformation that the PV trailer is made by Key themselves and as such, reveal nothing about the studio.

I am getting discouraged personally; the chance of it being KyoAni is dwindling by the day. We now hear the production team is nervous about meeting expectations, which doesn't sound like KyoAni at all. Further, the release date isn't as far away as we think, supposedly.
Do you have sources for any of these comments? The information posted on the Key staff blog doesn't seem to suggest any of the above. Has additional information been released elsewhere?

Edit: Ah, I found the source for most of this now (the Twitter account of the Key boss):

TL;DR…
Japanese text, from Twitter
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
I don't know if he's necessarily saying they're "nervous", but that they're working very hard to live up to everyone's expectations, and that the pressure is high coming off of three KyoAni adaptations. But even if it were KyoAni doing it, I think he'd say the same thing. They're being deliberately cagey. That said, the main point is that -- no matter what team is working on it -- everyone's well aware of the standard they're expected to live up to, and Key wouldn't have agreed to the production unless it felt those expectations would be met.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-04-02 at 12:38.
Old 2012-04-02, 12:13   Link #344
Ekureiru
神さま、ありがとう!
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Ekureiru Send a message via MSN to Ekureiru
The chances of Kyoto Animation directing this project are indeed getting slimmer and slimmer. Although, let's be honest, wouldn't it be a little more interesting in someone else's hands?

Although I'd prefer it not be P.A. works, ever.

Ekureiru - An entity commonly recognized by many as being on par with gods.
Last.fm | MyAnimeList | Pettanko Fansubs | Now with a degree in Yanderekology.
Old 2012-04-02, 12:17   Link #345
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

I'm hoping for White Fox myself.
Old 2012-04-02, 12:31   Link #346
Fabrice
Padawan

No, I would want to be on the safe side, We already know the perfect choice should be Kyoani, LB! in all honesty to much too handle for a new studio especially with the standards that Key wants it to be. Plus LB! story is long and complicated to put it together as a series in the first place.

Kyoani has proved that they could adapt Air, Kanon and Clannad which were hits. So why the hell cant they seem to find a agreement I cant seem to understand.
Old 2012-04-02, 12:48   Link #347
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Well Kyo is already working on another title after Hyouka, so this would be tough to for them to focus on two titles at a time. I hope a well known studio picks it up if it's not Kyo.
Old 2012-04-02, 12:53   Link #348
Fabrice
Padawan

Maybe Kyoani can hold it off until next year, isnt that what they did with Nichijou?
Old 2012-04-02, 13:29   Link #349
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Remember there is another studio that also adapted three Key works....Toei.

We know how that was received after each also got a KyoAni release.
Old 2012-04-02, 13:56   Link #350
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post

But remember that the biggest aspect that people didn't like wasn't the animation (though I'm sure some didn't like that either), it was the way they adapted the story, and that doesn't have much-to-anything to do with the studio, and everything to do with the director and the lead writer. Those people don't even always work for the company that produces the animation. Toei is one of the oldest animation studios in the industry, and has no shortage of expertise in animation. But the approach used on those adaptations was not the approach favoured by game fans, and I'm sure Key knows that. As they recently said, they know full well the high expectations the fans have, and would not have approved an anime adaptation if they didn't figure it would be up to their standards.

So this is just again to emphasize that I think people are a bit too studio-crazy. Even if let's say Toei were chosen to do the animation (which I think is incredibly unlikely), that doesn't necessarily mean that the story won't be faithful to the game. Being faithful to the original work is a choice by the production committee and key staff; animating the story as written by the anime lead writer/story planner is a separate task.
Old 2012-04-02, 15:08   Link #351
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post

Which shows were actually that?
Old 2012-04-02, 15:11   Link #352
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

The original Kanon series, the Air movie and the CLANNAD movie.
Old 2012-04-02, 15:37   Link #353
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio C View Post
Well Kyo is already working on another title after Hyouka
They are, but we don't know how they intend to adapt that title. Could be a movie or an OVA, in theory.
Old 2012-04-02, 18:36   Link #354
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usami_Haru View Post
The original Kanon series, the Air movie and the CLANNAD movie.
Damm, so that was studio that was responsible for that disaster of a movie called Clannad and the original Kanon series. I really hope that studio doesn't pick this anime then. If Kyo does't do it, then let P.A. Works handle it again.
Old 2012-04-02, 19:17   Link #355
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
This is from MAL

Quote:
he President of Visual Arts announced in his twitter account that the cast of Little Busters anime hasn't been fixed yet but the anime will be aired not so far in the future. He didn't reveal the production studio but he said the producers have been under tremendous pressure since they are aware of the high expectation of the fans. He said the quality of the trailer was not high because Visual Arts themselves made the animation using image sequences sent from the production studio.
Old 2012-04-02, 19:20   Link #356
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Ah, thank god. That explains it.
Old 2012-04-02, 19:28   Link #357
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

"Image sequences from the production studio" certainly opens them to interpretation in terms of look, though.

My first thought was definitely JC Staff, but I don't think Key would go there. I'm sticking with A-1 or KyoAni.
Old 2012-04-02, 21:29   Link #358
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
I hope it is not P.A works I was not fond at all how they translated Na-Ga's style. I didn't even want any Angel Beats figures of the anime for that reason. Assuming it was the same designer. Their quality overall was quite good.

White Fox would be okay but their quality swayed at time for Steins; Gate. Not to say their quality was not good overall.

It is nail biting waiting for news!
Old 2012-04-02, 21:39   Link #359
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
PA works character designs I felt were great. No matter what I felt about their shows, they were one of the best parts of the series. AB! was no exception. True Tears designs blow most stuff out of the water if it comes to moe.

And remember that Kyoani didn't always have the best designs for Key stuffs. Air wasn't very good, and Kanon got better, and finally got it right in Clannad. Toei-Air actually had better designs I felt, and Toei-Clannad might have been better off as 2 movies and not having the JJ Abrams obsession with lens flare.

Yes Toei-Kanon (aka Kanon 1982) wasn't very good, but their key adaptations don't deserve all the flack they get. And Key's original designs save for LB! weren't very good to begin with. Na-ga's work is just plan better.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-04-02, 21:44   Link #360
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post
I hope it is not P.A works I was not fond at all how they translated Na-Ga's style. I didn't even want any Angel Beats figures of the anime for that reason. Assuming it was the same designer.
It's the only time that person ever worked for P.A works so unless it's someone key asks for I'm guessing he won't be back.

My favotite PA works chara designer is Kanami Sekiguchi but she's already working on Tari Tari this summer and whatever that Hanasaku Iroha sequel is.
So even if PA works gets this I doubt she'd be available.

Tags
anime game, little busters