5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.75%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.88%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 2.63%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-07-07, 17:48   Link #341
mlai

I liked Rider as a "nymphomaniac psychopath." It fits and helps the story much better.

When Shinji was denying his involvement in the mass soul sucking crimes, and we see Rider clench her dagger and her hair move on its own... I actually thought it made that scene intensely scary! When she gripped her weapon, I thought she was barely controlling the urge to gut Shirou. When her hair moved, I thought she was laughing inside while Shinji blatantly lied. I didn't get the sense of "remorse."

If there was one character in this anime which put a touch of slasher horror into the story, it was Rider. A lot of scenes in her arc was scary to me. That made it a wonderful arc.

Even as a sadistic killer, it was still fitting for Sakura to have summoned Rider. A servant's personality need not mirror that of her master's, merely some important aspect. In anime Rider's case, she was a vengeful monster filled with contempt for herself and society, yet harbored a deep sense of loss and regret with the death of her sisters. Sakura filled that void for her, and that's why she answered Sakura's summoning.

It must have broken her heart when Sak gave her away to a prick. Which is why even though she didn't like Shinji, she didn't rebel against him... having been abandoned yet again, she resigned to lapsing back into the role of a destroyer.
mlai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-23, 23:43   Link #342
OkamiNoKaze

Yeah I don't see Saber as a soft Plushie. I'm sure she wouldn't want to be seen that way.