Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-05-24, 10:38   Link #341
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
My heart is torn in twine, Aegis makes much more sense for the cover no? Isn't Aegis there instead of Labyrs in other promotional art? Why the change?
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-24, 10:44   Link #342
Westlo
Lets be reality

Protagonist Vs Boss makes sense...
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-24, 10:58   Link #343
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Protagonist Vs Boss makes sense...
marketing a game based on P4 protag vs completely new character as opposed to P4 vs P3 is completely different.
Even though it isn't exactly the focus of the game's story, most of the promotional art for this game up until now has been Narukami vs Aegis.
Old 2012-05-24, 11:30   Link #344
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
marketing a game based on P4 protag vs completely new character as opposed to P4 vs P3 is completely different.
Even though it isn't exactly the focus of the game's story, most of the promotional art for this game up until now has been Narukami vs Aegis.
Most of the art was Yuu vs Aegis because they were 2 of the first 4 characters revealed, while Labrys was the last apart from Elizabeth... Since all the characters are revealed there's no point going with a P4 Vs P3 theme when that's not the point of the game, but it was a way to market this initially.
Old 2012-05-24, 11:41   Link #345
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Most of the art was Yuu vs Aegis because they were 2 of the first 4 characters revealed, while Labrys was the last apart from Elizabeth... Since all the characters are revealed there's no point going with a P4 Vs P3 theme when that's not the point of the game, but it was a way to market this initially.
It's not wrong for Labyrs to be on the cover... Aegis is just the better pick.
A business is still a business, let alone a Japanese business.
Old 2012-05-24, 12:14   Link #346
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
I wonder if this is the final product for the box art? Well considering that E3 is just around the corner maybe we'll see a new box art.

The art looks good in my opinion.
Old 2012-05-24, 12:26   Link #347
Westlo
Lets be reality

It's the Japanese Box Art, no idea if it will stay the same for the American & Euro release.
Old 2012-05-24, 13:02   Link #348
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deikan View Post
She already looks top tier in this game. One of her combos can take off half life, and her offensive pressure is scary as hell. I can see why she's becoming or already a popular character.
Kind of late to comment on this, because i don't hang around in this forum for fighting games.
If you meant that labrys has good mixups and is top tier, then you are wrong
Most of her normals look slow (including her overhead axe swing, but it does seem safe on block though), as others have said: her damage when her axe is not red/yellow is average, her Furious Action isn't that good because it comes out rather slow and it is easier baitable, she gets zoned out very easily.
Chie and Mitsuru on the other hand are top tier for now. I did say "for now" because there will be some kind of balancement patch released at the end of the month.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-24, 15:09   Link #349
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
Kind of late to comment on this, because i don't hang around in this forum for fighting games.
If you meant that labrys has good mixups and is top tier, then you are wrong
Most of her normals look slow (including her overhead axe swing, but it does seem safe on block though), as others have said: her damage when her axe is not red/yellow is average, her Furious Action isn't that good because it comes out rather slow and it is easier baitable, she gets zoned out very easily.
Chie and Mitsuru on the other hand are top tier for now. I did say "for now" because there will be some kind of balancement patch released at the end of the month.
I was talking about Chie btw.
Old 2012-05-25, 06:52   Link #350
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
http://www.personaeurope.com/

Confirmed for PAL-lands (yeah, I know, it's an HD game, no PAL). Through Zen United no less.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 12:25   Link #351
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Here are a lists of buffs, nerfs, and changes to the game that Mayonaka Midnight forum have listed awhile ago. I don't know what some of them mean yet, but have a look and see for yourself. Looks like Akihiko Sanada got hit by the nerf hammer pretty bad.

Spoiler for List of Changes:
Old 2012-06-03, 14:39   Link #352
Meltyred

Akihiko:
Infinite Blockstring.
Wut.
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 14:42   Link #353
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltyred View Post
Akihiko:
Infinite Blockstring.
Wut.
That's been nerfed, it practically means that his pressure game isn't as ten times threatening as it is now. He's still a scary rushdown character.
Old 2012-06-04, 11:20   Link #354
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

So...is Chie still pretty much high tier with the current patch?

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-04, 11:34   Link #355
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
So...is Chie still pretty much high tier with the current patch?
She's still top tier in my opinion, but some of the properties of her moves have changed. She got nerfed, but not that bad, you just have to be more careful in how you use her certain moves, and be smart with your offensive pressure.

I'm sure this video has all your answers:

Old 2012-06-04, 12:04   Link #356
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

is this game gonna be like Blazblue and MvC where the goal is to come up with a unexcapeable combo and spam it?
Old 2012-06-04, 12:31   Link #357
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
is this game gonna be like Blazblue and MvC where the goal is to come up with a Inescapable combo and spam it?
That's Aksys Games for you. Their game mechanics include combos that can bring you down to half life or near death. I think that when the game gets more time to grow I'm sure there will be more variety in combos and none continuous spam.
Old 2012-06-04, 13:07   Link #358
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirito View Post
That's Aksys Games for you. Their game mechanics include combos that can bring you down to half life or near death. I think that when the game gets more time to grow I'm sure there will be more variety in combos and none continuous spam.
Well it's not worse than marvel vs capcom 3 and ultimate mvc3 though. You can easily kill 1 character with just 1 combo or in some cases you can kill multiple characters at the same time if they get caught during assists. Let's not forget the broken "x-factor" comeback mechanic and other nonsense that can easily turn the tide of the matches. Atleast it's not as broken as mvc2 was, with all of it's infinite combo's and ridicious chip damage.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-04, 13:21   Link #359
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
Well it's not worse than marvel vs capcom 3 and ultimate mvc3 though. You can easily kill 1 character with just 1 combo or in some cases you can kill multiple characters at the same time if they get caught during assists. Let's not forget the broken "x-factor" comeback mechanic and other nonsense that can easily turn the tide of the matches. Atleast it's not as broken as mvc2 was, with all of it's infinite combo's and ridicious chip damage.
Agreed, most Aksys Work games take skill and dedication to pull off creative and interesting things, and some of their games you can't die from chip, and the burst mechanic really evens things out to an extent. Also this Persona game in my eyes is looking like a balanced, fun, creative fighter. It's totally getting pre-ordered.
Old 2012-06-05, 02:22   Link #360
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Nice news for those interested.

Atlus' twitter revealing that Arena will have both English and Japanese voice tracks available. So whatever everyone's preference is they will be able to pick and choose .

Also here's the E3 trailer for the game:

Edit: And of course they send an email moments later also revealing that information .

Tags
fighting game, ps3