AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-05-23, 15:12   Link #341
USCPharmacist

Margaret will turn herself into a butterfly and cause an Earthquake to kill people.
Old 2004-05-23, 15:13   Link #342
Shigan
Forever a Journey

Are we even sure of that the girl is gonna pick up a gun at all? She's gonna have to take a blitz course and not to mention being a prodigy that surpasses both Kirika and Kino if she's gonna catch up to Madlax... or Mysterious-Mask-Guy will just type a few letters on his keyboard and boast her with superpowers...

However I wish to see more of Kirika and Mireille, I certainly hope that Noir 2 is a haux. That's just one show you cant follow up with, without making the prequel look worse (and yes, Nausicaä too ^^
Never stop being a kid. Never stop feeling and seeing and being excited with great things like air and engines and sounds of sunlight within you. Wear your little mask if you must to protect you from the world but if you let that kid disappear you are grown up and you are dead.
— Richard Bach

Shigan's Fanfiction Masterlist -- The Hayate x Vivio Files
Old 2004-05-23, 16:48   Link #343
USCPharmacist

Actually a remake of Nausicaa that follow the manga story line would be good, although is kinda dark too cuz Nausicaa really "stained" her hands in the manga, and the plot twist about the true function of the forest is sad.

BTW is it always raining in Margaret's head?
Old 2004-05-23, 19:27   Link #344
Imion
Bakabakabaka! >_<

Very well... I just watched Episodes 4-7 (I finaly have been able to spare some time ) and I have to say, I'm really looking forward to everything coming up in this series in the future.

I like the style and even that story development, full of strange things happening. I mean.. honestly, whoever figures out such plots.. geez, where has his (or her) mind gone? Must be some higher spheres or something. Anyway it's fun to watch it, although I'm constantly wondering where this will lead to.

Let me do some work on the story... (pardon me if I violate some forum-spoiler rules, if I do so please contactme, I'm kinda new around here)

We have Madlax and Margaret, somehow connected through an incident which happened 12 years ago.

Madlax is the top agent operating in Gazth-Sonika, no one knows who she really is, what's her name etc. , but some people know she exists, as in rumors the name Madlax is spread amongst people who have to know such things. She is absolutely high skilled in fighting, driving her motorcycle, cars, etc. and killed an "innumerable amount" of people. We do not know for which organisation she works, yet. She is desillusioned and not what I'd call an optimistic person.
Very little parts of what might have pushed her in that way thinking in her past have been shown. (remember the dog tags scene)

Margaret Burton is a high school student out of a noble family. she lost her memories about everything that happened more than 12 years ago in that incident back then. In her behaviour she is even more strange than Madlax, as she doesn't seem to be part of the world she lives in. She doesn't notice that much of reality, or if she does, she doesn't understand it. (at least it seams so) She forgets things quite easily, but somehow she knows, she has some secrets hidden in her memories of the past. She has her little backflashs, when she remembers things, or such has some strange feeling. (the pink shoes and the yellow flowers... and the book of course, which seems to be VERY important)

We have two women at Margarets side, Elinor and Vanessa. Elinor is the housemaid of Margaret but that's not the only thing she is. She guards Margaret in every way she is able to, she wants to help and heal her... AND she got some impressive fighting skills to guard her "master" if things get rough. She is kinda merciless in things concerning Margaret. (I wonder if Lopis will ever be able to use that hand again.. ouch) Her family served the Burtons for ages and she carries out her grandfathers last will by continuing this task. I don't exactly know, how old she is, but I doubt she is older than Margaret.

Vanessa on the other hand must be somewhat older, 30-40 I think. She gave Margaret private lessons after the incident, helped her as much as possible to make her a normal girl who may live a normal live, but she had to move because of her job and so they all got seperated. Now she came back to the city and revisits Margaret, helping her and Elinor as much as possible, again. Her company is involved in Gazth-Sonika and personaly I think, they are deeply involved in the main plots .. well let me call it Bad Guy affairs. I'm not sure about that, but there are some indicators, like that auction on episode... erm.. dunno. 2 or 3 I think. If Vanessa is involved in that affairs.. we will see.

Well, those are the "good guys". I'll spare the "bad boys" for now, I'll just name Rimelda and the crazy "I rule you all with my magic powers and I make everyone who resists my willing slave" guy with the mask and the insane laughter. (Now that I mention it... I hate that laughter. It sounds worse than a goat bleating.)

So much for the characters. The story... well.. that's not that easy. Parts of the main plot behind the scenes only join in little pieces, often hard to see, but I think I figured out at least some interesting facts. Speacily Episode 7 was a HUGE jump forward, as it explains.. or lets say indicates a lot.

We have that Elies-language. As we have seen in Ep.4, 6 and 7 it makes people go crazy. It makes them do violant things, and / or following orders by Enfan.
We have Margaret with her photo book, which appereantly is the Secondary, a book which seems to be an important part of the evil plans of Mr.Mask. (by the way, was that guys name mentioned somewhere? I couldn't find it)
Margaret found out, that this book has something to do with her past (I think so.. if not knowingly she does this by that instinct that made her buy the flowers and watch the pik shoes) and she knows, that some pages are missing, so she hires a book-detective. That's how the Madlax and Margaret plots get combined, as Madlax guides that detective in Gazth-Sonika, but that's not the only thing.

In one of those switch scenes that show Madlax in Margaret episodes you see the missing book pages on the wall behind Madlax. Margaret called the name "Madlax" when she came back home AND those two have that .. erm.. lets say similar strange ideas. (flowers, rain...)

Now some speculations :

1. That Elies language thing is somehow the reason for the Gazth-Sonika civil war. We have seen how some people reacted on the language (that guy in the cave with the Elies wall painting and Lopis), we have the boy who seems to be the rebels leaders son who gets to know that everything is a lie, an illusion, by Mr.Mask and we have Mr.Mask himself, whose intentions are kinda incomprehensible to me. I know, that he has that ELies-power, and he wants the Secondary and of course he is evil and does evil things... but that's it.

2. We have Madlax and Margaret. They have met before, that's for sure. It had something to do with a plane, the Secondary and Elies.. and they have their simultaneous visions. But what else? I don't think Madlax is that old, so if we go 12 years back.. how old could she be? 18? 20? Has she been a top agent back then, too? At least it seems so, as Margaret called that name when she came back home. So Madlax rescued Margaret back then, she retrieved parts of the Secondary, somehow erased Margarets memories and send her back? Well... I doubt parts of this, but I think some of it seems to be true. I think that Elies is a main factor on this.. it chained those two women together in some.. mystical way.
Yeah, sounds eerie, but hey, the whole series is eerie, so why not? We have allready seen, that Elies can manipulateother peoples minds. (poor officer McRae ;( )

So... geez... enough for now. Maybe I'll continue this later and get on your peoples nerves some more with strange speculations. ^^
I hope at least some of you read that stuff. :P

Last edited by Imion; 2004-05-23 at 20:02.
Old 2004-05-23, 20:58   Link #345
Haruhara

That long post made me realise what I love so much about this series.
It makes me think. Everything is a mystery, and you really need to puzzle over all the little details to understand whats going on.
Old 2004-05-23, 22:57   Link #346
guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imion
so if we go 12 years back.. how old could she be? 18? 20? Has she been a top agent back then, too?
I doubt that Madlax is that old. How old do you think Murielle in Noir is? She is 20. I thought she was much older than that. Kirika is a high school student so that she must be around 16-18. Therefore, the two of them are four years apart, at most. Judging from this, Madlax may be in her early 20s or late teen NOW. That means, she and Margaret are probably only 2-5 years apart. Also, several characters in the series already make comments about being surprised to see an assassin, Madlax, is such a young lady.

Of course, if anyone knows how the studio set up their ages, please do tell.
Old 2004-05-24, 02:47   Link #347
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

I don't think the Madlax that Margaret talked about is the same Madlax we see now. I mean, the current Madlax has her father disappeared in the civil war in Gazth-Sonika, THEN she becomes an agent. The civil war started 12 years ago (on year 1999) which is after the plane incident Margaret had, that means at the time of Margaret's plane incident, there was no civil war (or it just started) and Madlax hadn't lost her father (or just lost her father) anyway by that time she's just a little girl not an agent yet.

Considering that biblio-detective regards Madlax as a "kid', I doubt the current Madlax is over 20...
Old 2004-05-24, 03:20   Link #348
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Episode 7 is really good, I didn't know how important that book is and how dangerous.

The plots start to tie together now, the conection between the mysterious book, Madlax, Margaret, the masked man and everyone who were tied with Enfan.

Spoiler for episode 7:

With Enfan on the move to find that book we gona see more things happening next episode.

This series turning into really something. I like the way they keep introducing new and interesting characters, without getting sidetrack from the main story. And they all interconected somehow. I cannot wait the next episode. ^^

Last edited by Secca; 2004-05-24 at 04:29.
Old 2004-05-26, 11:01   Link #349
dreamless

Episode 8 is fantastic! we have some good action, some mystery revealed, and very cute girls. Gotta LOVE this

although the Elies sounds strange...
Spoiler:
Old 2004-05-26, 23:06   Link #350
Imion
Bakabakabaka! >_<

Blessed are those, who get the Animes before they are listed and understand Japanese.
Subbers count too, of course. (anyway, I'm not gonna read spoilers before I've seen the episode... never ever! ^^ )

So I sit here and wait for Episode 8 to come up, while I'm quite sure that it'll come at the weekend when I'm not at home and think about Madlax...

As some people stated here (and as I noticed myself even before they posted, to be honest I was too lazy to edit my post afterwards) Madlax is called "kid" by the biblio-detective and the referrence to the little girl scenes are right, too.
So I wonder, again, how old she really is and what happened back then.

It remains a fact, that Margaret called the name Madlax when she came home, but I'm sure, that this is not Madlax real name. So, how did the little girl achieve the "Madlax" identity? I still think it is deeply connected with Elies, but I don't know how. Possibly Elies is the source of Madlax "Power"? Or let me say its basics, we didn't see her using Elies like Mr.Mask by now so it has to be a single event. On the other hand... why does she keep those sites of the Secondary with her? Geez I need answers, gimme Episode 8!
Old 2004-05-26, 23:11   Link #351
ZeppelinJ0
Disabled By Request

You know what I'd really like to know? Who is that freaky red-head girl that seems to be in an alternate dimension with that blonde boy?
Old 2004-05-27, 02:51   Link #352
dreamless

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeppelinJ0
You know what I'd really like to know? Who is that freaky red-head girl that seems to be in an alternate dimension with that blonde boy?
her name is Leticia, that's the only thing we are been told...

there are some new characters introduced in episode 8 too...
Spoiler:
Old 2004-05-27, 15:52   Link #353
suires
たこ焼き名人

I just watched madlax ep8. i am so impressed with the plot but also very confused.

Spoiler:
Old 2004-05-27, 15:54   Link #354
sothis

rather than reading all 18 pages, i'm wondering if someone can give me a quick rundown of what all these place names are... as i am very confused.

what's the difference between:

Gazth-Sonika
Garza
Naffres

or anywhere else mentioned frequently?
Old 2004-05-27, 16:16   Link #355
ZeppelinJ0
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by sothis
rather than reading all 18 pages, i'm wondering if someone can give me a quick rundown of what all these place names are... as i am very confused.

what's the difference between:

Gazth-Sonika
Garza
Naffres

or anywhere else mentioned frequently?

I'm no longer sure on Gazth-Sonika, I originally thought it was an organization, like a spy network, but it seems Enfan is the secret organization and Gazth-Sonika is a country (warzone?).

I'd wouldn't mind a summary
Old 2004-05-27, 16:18   Link #356
dreamless

Gazth-Sonka - a country, currently in a civil war which started 12 years ago. 12 years ago Margaret had a plane incident here, and Madlax's father is missing in the civil war. currently Madlax is living here.

Garza - the anti-goverment faction in Gazth-Sonika.

Naffres - the great economic country where Margaret's home is. and the company which controls Gazth-Sonika from behind the scene is based here.
Old 2004-05-28, 17:41   Link #357
sothis

thanks, that helps a lot!
Old 2004-05-28, 17:45   Link #358
dreamless

who here thinks that
Spoiler for episode 8:
Old 2004-05-29, 12:56   Link #359
suires
たこ焼き名人

Quote: