AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2016-03-07, 18:05   Link #341
Callum18
Fukou da

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
Let me put a bucket of water over your expectations for anything now.

A Mahouka announcement has been teased. I have no doubt that it is the long overdue Mahouka S2 anime announcement (well timed for the Spring Fes).

Toaru series anime announcement chances went from zero to "of course it was zero".
Too be fair, 2 years is not that long overdue compare to the 5-6 years you guys have been waiting for! I'm going to be very honest, the way the fans have been treated for the past 2 years has been disgusting! You guys support the series all year around, and what do you get in return? trolling, tricks and Miki lying through his teeth! Its almost like they don't give a rats about the fans or the series! To me, it seems like they just use the seires to cashcow other series! If they don't want to make any more seasons, then give it to someone else who might give a rats about the fans and not just their pockets.

Sorry about going off topic, I just needed to get that out of me. And I'm not getting mad at you, I'm just frustrated with this whole mess. If anyone would like to carry this on, you very welcome to PM me. Let's all try and get back on topic for now, I would hate to see this thread get lock X.X.

If anyone would like to join the To Aru Index Skype fan club. Please do PM me (:.
Callum18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-07, 20:51   Link #342
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Well if i cant have Index S3, atleast I'll have Mahouka S2(DONT SHOOT ME)
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Kenju of the Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-08, 06:52   Link #343
Chosen_Hero

^Look at the flowers... and don't worry about the gun in my hands, i'm trying to fix a part that makes it misfire.jk

Well at least i'll get to see even more videos on youtube ripping a new one to Mahoukas story and characters, basically the only enjoyment I personally got out of it and yes I read quite a few of the novels... didn't change my mind.(seriously after you put more thought into it it's not very good)

Still how is there no new season? It's like they are afraid of success or something especially considering that it only gets better from then on and never stops.

If Danmachi gets a new season i'll give up all hope and actively spite J.C. studio.
Old 2016-03-08, 07:15   Link #344
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
If Danmachi gets a new season i'll give up all hope and actively spite J.C. studio.

Err, I don't know if you've heard, but...
Old 2016-03-08, 09:41   Link #345
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

inb4 Blood Sign anime

But seriously, guys. Has anything good ever come out of expecting Index III? Just expect nothing and you will come out on top regardless of the results.
Old 2016-03-08, 09:42   Link #346
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
... excuse me while I go jump off a building or something.

@Hiss13

To aru is my drug and my provider is keeping it away from me.
Old 2016-03-08, 14:48   Link #347
Wandering Soul

Quote:
... excuse me while I go jump off a building or something.

@Hiss13

To aru is my drug and my provider is keeping it away from me.
Well technically Danmachi didn't get a new season, it's popular spin off got an anime.

So hold off on jumping off a building, I guess?
Old 2016-03-08, 15:30   Link #348
Chosen_Hero

^Still the same thing, another story but still the same damn thing, Kirito 2.0 was the last straw and no Grimmgal is the twist of the knife in medievalish type adventure anime, never watching one again if it featuers the same damn tropes that have become popular in the lately especially the whole the being similar to rpgs thing.

Is it too much to ask for something like lord of the rings without mentioning leveling up or classes or skills, etc?

And yet here we have the To aru series with enough material for quite a few cours and 2 or 3 movies with a story that just gets better by the volume (except the one with Kanou... fuck Kanou) and nothing, any hope for the anime at this point is just wishful thinking at best at this point.

And it's a damn shame because I want those friends of mine that still think that To aru is another generic anime to see what this series really is about, apart from watching the amazing over the top fights unfold in motion.
Old 2016-03-08, 16:13   Link #349
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Quote:
^Still the same thing, another story but still the same damn thing, Kirito 2.0 was the last straw and no Grimmgal is the twist of the knife in medievalish type adventure anime, never watching one again if it featuers the same damn tropes that have become popular in the lately especially the whole the being similar to rpgs thing.

Is it too much to ask for something like lord of the rings without mentioning leveling up or classes or skills, etc?

And yet here we have the To aru series with enough material for quite a few cours and 2 or 3 movies with a story that just gets better by the volume (except the one with Kanou... fuck Kanou) and nothing, any hope for the anime at this point is just wishful thinking at best at this point.

And it's a damn shame because I want those friends of mine that still think that To aru is another generic anime to see what this series really is about, apart from watching the amazing over the top fights unfold in motion.
I'm rather not interested in the World Breaker guy. He seems to much of a foil for Touma that it just didn't sit right with me with his introduction and all.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-08, 16:55   Link #350
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravagerblade View Post
I'm rather not interested in the World Breaker guy. He seems to much of a foil for Touma that it just didn't sit right with me with his introduction and all.
Spoiler for NT.14:
Old 2016-03-08, 20:30   Link #351
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Because Touma is the one with dragons and a dark side hidden inside.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-08, 20:39   Link #352
DragonXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
The dragon in Image Breaker may be the Anti-Christ because that what Crowley want to use what ever it is but I heard that Kamachi had said befor in an interview he want to make Touma a Jesus Christ like being in Index which does seen to go better which his character specially the whole if Touma put his eyes on someone to save they will be save.
DragonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-08, 20:44   Link #353
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

One thing to take note, however: we've gone past the concept of Christianity since OT Volume 22. At this point, it's more likely that the power of the Golden-style Cabals are on the rise as the RCC and the Church of England enter a more passive stand on the Science-Magic conflict.

Crowley's Sorcery Name also doesn't shift back the focus to Christianity. Both The Beast and the number 666 are also integrated in Crowley's magic.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-09, 01:10   Link #354
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
And Accelerator has black wings like a fallen angel, so I guess that Accelerator is Lucifer confirmed, amirite?

Spoiler for Alliding to possible NT.14 spoilers:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
One thing to take note, however: we've gone past the concept of Christianity since OT Volume 22. At this point, it's more likely that the power of the Golden-style Cabals are on the rise as the RCC and the Church of England enter a more passive stand on the Science-Magic conflict.

Crowley's Sorcery Name also doesn't shift back the focus to Christianity. Both The Beast and the number 666 are also integrated in Crowley's magic.
That is one of the reasons I said in my post:

Quote:
"...the bible or whatever text you want to use..."

You know what? Let's leave it at that, this isn't the proper thread to argue about speculations.
Old 2016-03-09, 01:51   Link #355
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Its at this point I'd like to remind everyone that this the "News and Announcements" thread. Not the "bitch about other series getting an anime" thread or the "NT14/NT15 Discussion" thread.
Old 2016-03-09, 02:21   Link #356
zaikoi

Anyone know what is this?

https://twitter.com/Usatarou_1st/sta...79757570859010

I just see Kazuma Kamachi's name here.
zaikoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-09, 02:29   Link #357
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

『ただ、それだけでよかったんです』
内容が深く最後まで、夢中になれた。
それと、
『新約 とある魔術の禁書目録の作者鎌池和馬さんも評価しています。

It's about a light novel series entitled "Tada, Soredake de Yokattandesu", and the obi sleeve indicates that the LN won the Grand Prize in the 22nd Dengeki Light Novel Prize. Kamachi made a review of the LN.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Last edited by Marcus H.; 2016-03-09 at 02:56.
Old 2016-03-09, 03:28   Link #358
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

After transferring schools, Kamisato, who holds the World Rejecter in his right hand, shows up.
"Kamijou's Everyday Life" resoundingly crumbles!

"My World Rejecter and your Imagine Breaker. If they clash, which of the two will win?"
The night after the clash between two boys whose right hands can surpass even gods.
Kamijou Touma and Kamisato Kakeru, with unyielding thoughts in their hearts, glare at each other, with a menu on one hand, inside a school cafeteria!?

Let's explain this carefully. After the Magic God High Priest destroyed Kamijou's school, in order to keep him from becoming a repeater, he begins attending a different school. There, alongside an unusually unreliable "minimum" Student Council President called Fidgety Rabbit (Bikubiku Usagi-san) is his fated opponent, Kamisato...!?

Facing the threat of repeating grades that is worse than a battle with the world at risk is out of the question for Kamijou. Kamisato feels the same way, and is acting friendly for some reason. For a moment, he wonders if this is the detour to a burning-hot friendship route.

Then, a half-naked raincoat girl appears in the city.

This girl holds an overwhelming power that can mislead even Academy City's Level 5s...!
This half-naked girl's true nature is a mysterious third power... or not, which frightens even Kamisato, the little sister Salome!?

Last edited by Marcus H.; 2016-03-09 at 03:57.
Old 2016-03-09, 03:45   Link #359
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

And the collab
とある魔術の禁書目録×電脳戦機バーチャロン とある魔術の電脳戦機(バーチャロン)
著者/鎌池和馬 イラスト/カトキハジメ キャラクターデザイン/はいむらきよたか・カトキハジメ ほか
伝説のアーケードゲームと『禁書目録』が奇跡のコラボレーション! 鎌池和馬が小説を書き、メカデザイナー のカトキハジメが挿絵を描く! 完全新作ストーリー!
http://dengekibunko.jp/newreleases/978-4-04-865945-1/
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-09, 04:46   Link #360
Tiken
Supreme Coconut Edgelord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callum18 View Post

Too be fair, 2 years is not that long overdue compare to the 5-6 years you guys have been waiting for! I'm going to be very honest, the way the fans have been treated for the past 2 years has been disgusting! You guys support the series all year around, and what do you get in return? trolling, tricks and Miki lying through his teeth! Its almost like they don't give a rats about the fans or the series! To me, it seems like they just use the seires to cashcow other series! If they don't want to make any more seasons, then give it to someone else who might give a rats about the fans and not just their pockets.
Honestly, my best guess as to why they've stalled any announcement on continuing the anime is that they've been working on it this entire time we've been complaining about them not working on it. You have to understand that when a manga or anime per say takes things to an international level, they actually send people out to scout these locations and take pictures as a reference for the artists who make them.

I mean, Toaru reminds me a lot more of One Piece with its unpredictability and totally non-conventional method of moving a story forward. And I think the industry is finally starting to understand that when they mess up and do an anime wrong, its the same thing as ruining the whole anime, and sadly, at this point, I'd have to agree with that. I'm hoping that its more of a case of them not wanting to rush it out the door rather than them not making it at all. But maybe my hope is misplaced. Anyways, only time will tell if I'm right about this.

Also, sorry if this also veers off topic, I just felt a need to reply, so...umm, yeah...I'm done now. Carry on~

Last edited by Tiken; 2016-03-09 at 04:58.
Tiken is offline   Reply With Quote