Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2019-04-02, 16:02   Link #341
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
Wait you didn't watch it?
Nah, I usually don't find enough time to stalk around for information on anime, unlike I extremely like it.

As for my opinion... The song is better, but it doesn't match the visuals.
Better, but still meh. I'll skip it each episode.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-02, 21:39   Link #342
grecefar

So we will get edgy antagonist tahomaru then?
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-04, 16:14   Link #343
Kinematics
Let's play a game!

Wow, that opening was garbage. I mean, it was technically well done, but the visuals were all over the place (and lots of disturbing up front), and the music just felt rather flat. First cour's was much better.
Kinematics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-04, 18:13   Link #344
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I like the redesign of that person in the OP (the white haired woman). Without going into spoiler territory, I kind of thought that story wouldn't make it into this adaptation since it's kind of similar to one of the earlier filler.

I was expecting to see another character in the OP but I didn't spot him, I'm assuming Tahomaru will replace him.
Old 2019-04-05, 03:56   Link #345
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I like the redesign of that person in the OP (the white haired woman). Without going into spoiler territory, I kind of thought that story wouldn't make it into this adaptation since it's kind of similar to one of the earlier filler.

I was expecting to see another character in the OP but I didn't spot him, I'm assuming Tahomaru will replace him.
It'll be interesting to see how they adapt that story.
Will they be faithful to Tezuka's telling, or will they put their own spin on it like the Bandai arc and Jukai's backstory arc?
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-08, 11:52   Link #346
Nivek von Beldo

The New OP and ED were both miss...i loved more the old OP and ED

This chapter, dealing with the aftermatch of the Daigo affair and now a more focused Hyaki...even Dororo Commented how Hyaki never got a part back from his fight against the kyubi.

This chapter was very dororo centric, from the sculptor to the the onsen with those strange mark in her back(she is something else now too?)
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-08, 12:57   Link #347
AntonKutovoi

While I liked this episode, I have to admit - the line "Think about how those people who've had their faces torn off feel" made me chuckle a little.

Last edited by AntonKutovoi; 2019-04-09 at 03:08.
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-08, 13:32   Link #348
Kinematics
Let's play a game!

While I don't care for the new OP, I kinda like the ED. Well, I like the music of the first better, but I like the visuals of the second one better, and the music is good enough that overall it's about on par.
Kinematics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-08, 14:39   Link #349
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Oh boy, once again Dororo stole the show. He/she (how should it be) gave the enemy peace rather than having Hyakkimaru kill it. When the anime first started I was afraid of the duality between the two main characters but Kappa managed to balance it well so far.
Old 2019-04-08, 16:56   Link #350
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

The new ED is okay but it's still a downgrade from the masterpiece we already had. New OP sucks.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-08, 18:37   Link #351
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

New OP is very generic but I kinda like it. The ED is... really blurry
I assume it will become a bit clearer each week. Apparently there's an older Dororo in it.

Dororo is so adorable in this adaptation. She kept trying to avoid speaking of mothers because she knew it was hurting Hyakkimaru.

She's smarter too. Past the initial shock of meeting someone who looked and sounded exactly like her mother, she immediately brought her to Hyakkimaru to confirm whether she was human or not. Too bad they dropped the ball by having her let her guard down completely after Hyakkimaru told her she wasn't a demon but he couldn't really tell if she was human.
Old 2019-04-08, 20:20   Link #352
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Atteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Datteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
tteeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
tteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

Oh, and every ounce of Tezuka disappeared from the OP.
Next up is...

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2019-04-08, 20:27   Link #353
Wandering Soul

New OP and ED are okay, but serious downgrades from the first one.
Old 2019-04-08, 20:43   Link #354
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Gender-bender sculpturer > Hyakkimaru > Self-destructing statue
'Kay

Old 2019-04-08, 20:48   Link #355
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
New OP is very generic but I kinda like it. The ED is... really blurry
I assume it will become a bit clearer each week. Apparently there's an older Dororo in it.

Dororo is so adorable in this adaptation. She kept trying to avoid speaking of mothers because she knew it was hurting Hyakkimaru.

She's smarter too. Past the initial shock of meeting someone who looked and sounded exactly like her mother, she immediately brought her to Hyakkimaru to confirm whether she was human or not. Too bad they dropped the ball by having her let her guard down completely after Hyakkimaru told her she wasn't a demon but he couldn't really tell if she was human.
That whole part is anime original.

In the source manga Dororo was all by herself, having run away from Hyakkimaru after an argument where he wouldn't let her have a sword.

In fact the whole backstory of the carver, Okaka's name and Hyakki meeting her is all original. In the source Okaka was a nameless spirit who the statue employed to find faces for it. She wanted to sacrifice Dororo, but then changed her mind after seeing how attached Dororo was. She helps Dororo escape, but the statue kills Okaka for her betrayal.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-09, 08:18   Link #356
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

I've been totally missing this, but it looks good. Is it being simulcasted anywhere?
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-09, 10:50   Link #357
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
That whole part is anime original.
I know that. IMO it was worse in the manga since she got completely fooled there.
Old 2019-04-15, 12:45   Link #358
Dop
Mmmm....

So, is this show on a break this week, or has someone at Amazon forgotten to push the button as it's not up several hours after it should have been?
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-15, 14:36   Link #359
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Just watched the episode. The writer appears to want to show us shades of grey due to how the threats are no longer only demons or humans but now a demon loyal to a human. Hope Hyakkimaru gets his eyesight next episode. I think he recovered it earlier in the original series during the cursed sword story. And about Dororo's future, I think it will differ from the original one since the series' ending was too abrupt.
Old 2019-04-15, 17:04   Link #360
Nivek von Beldo

So that is why so was similar to the bandai one..but this one is more grey...hope or dark as what come next week

So Dororo Family Treasure is in her back...wonder how that will come next...
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote